Clarets supporting Autism

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11061 times
Has Liked: 5667 times

Clarets supporting Autism

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:56 pm

This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Vegas Claret

Re: Clarets supporting Autism

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:09 pm

worth 17 minutes of anyone's time
These 3 users liked this post: fidelcastro alboclaret Suratclaret

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:29 pm

Good watch. Thanks for posting, Viva!

As someone who was only diagnosed with Autism last year, I find myself wondering how different my life would have been if I'd been diagnosed as a child. Back in those days, there was little awareness of Autism, but if the help that kids get today had been available to me at that time, I'm sure things would have been that bit easier for me in situations and environments where I struggled.

Great that the club are supporting this cause!
These 6 users liked this post: Caernarfon_Claret Big Vinny K Cirrus_Minor Vegas Claret ecc k90bfc

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2637 times
Has Liked: 6468 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:32 am

A great insight into Matt and Dean’s experiences and challenges with their boys. So many issues are similar for me and my lad too. It’s good the club is supporting this.

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1475 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:11 am

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:29 pm

As someone who was only diagnosed with Autism last year, I find myself wondering how different my life would have been if I'd been diagnosed as a child. Back in those days, there was little awareness of Autism, but if the help that kids get today had been available to me at that time, I'm sure things would have been that bit easier for me in situations and environments where I struggled.

I was diagnosed August 2022 - when I was 46, after years of masking/learning - realising why sorry was my most used word (unable to read non verbal communication... Misunderstanding tone of voice - passion for anger...) It turns out football fan message boards and emotional dysregulation...
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 585 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:39 am

Massive thanks to the club for supporting this. I wasn’t aware of the sensory room at Turf Moor. Is that in the pipeline or already up and running?

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:18 pm

An excellent initiative, I have a Grandson with Autism who was non communicative until he started attending a special school. His progress within 24 months is astounding even though there is no conversation with him, there are other interactions on his terms. Corey can recite street names before he gets to them on his lengthy journey to school, not one or two randomly but for the whole journey. He has an obsession with electronic devices and can produce his own Powerpoint Presentations, normally based on Coronation Street, everything is from memory, spelt correctly and includes bringing in photo's from websites. This includes Cast and Production staff all being correct. He is only 7.

His mind is his own and I find it fascinating the things he does.

The more done for people with ASD the better!
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret k90bfc

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:44 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:29 pm

Having serious medical issues when from the outside everything looks normal is a really difficult thing to live through. Yes, very good the club is supporting, I was listening to one of the live podcasts last night and the lads were saying that the club shop now stocks claret and blue headphones for little kids who struggle with the noise. They also correctly made the point though that they haven't even advertised it, you are relying on people going into the shop to know about it.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro