season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 200 times

season

Post by Clive 1960 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:48 am

I just want to say i will be glad when this season is over not because we are going down after a poor season back because of Var and the Premier league, i don't go these days as i live overseas but if i was back in the UK i probably would still feel the same as the enjoyment as gone out of the game for me having to wait when we score and var checking and your sat there wondering if it's going to be given and also some of the decisions not just against us but other teams that have pundits wondering what is going on . I used to love just going in pub year's ago debating decisions but now we have to wait for var decisions and half of the time we know what will happen. Sorry for the rant but just how i feel how the game as gone. like to know what other Clarets feel...

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2329 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Re: season

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:14 am

Ive felt this way for a long time, I actually missed quite a few games last time we were in the premier league despite having a season ticket, I just fell out of love with football and watched the games at home with one eye on my phone checking the results and my footy bets.
I take the young daughter on now though and she loves the day out, win, lose or draw, so I have started enjoying the day out with her even if this season has been testing.
I rarely watch any premier league football on TV now unless its on in the pub and I'm glancing up every few minutes, Ive very little interest.
This user liked this post: Clive 1960

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 524 times

Post by beddie » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:21 am

You’re right Clive. I was hopeful they would scrap VAR but it’s not going to happen. To be honest I haven’t felt for sometime the excitement I used to feel before games, even under SD I’d lost a bit of that spark, probably my age. Perhaps next season will change my view, I hope so.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2476 times
Has Liked: 2014 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:21 am

Clive 1960 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:48 am
I used to love just going in pub year's ago debating decisions
This is what the FA want. The reason there are so many grey areas in the laws. People talking is publicity to their way of thinking. The highest paid refs in Europe and they are the worst. Whenever I see VAR in european games it is honest, our shower just defend the man in the middle. You would get a more honest answer if the ref reviewed his own but sadly the match would take 4 hrs.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:24 am

It's only a matter of time before the greedy bxxxxxxs get thier European league .
The whole system is corrupt,with a clear agenda about who " belongs " in the Premier league
VAR is a complete nightmare with perfectly good goals ruled out by incompetent refs and fools watching TV screens.Our games have been officiated by fast tracked refs, who were promoted way above thier level of experience ,spending very little time in the lower leagues.This had led to many bizarre sendings off and rough house tactics Luton style, ignored.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5092 times
Has Liked: 6916 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:27 am

Football is spontaneous, VAR and blatantly corrupt officials are killing it,high prices for food and drink, glitz and glamour over substance,pontificating pundits,screeching commentators, crap weather,tippy tappy football,bland atmospheres and mercenary players. I still renewed though.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 524 times

Post by beddie » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:33 am

bfcjg wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:27 am
Football is spontaneous, VAR and blatantly corrupt officials are killing it,high prices for food and drink, glitz and glamour over substance,pontificating pundits,screeching commentators, crap weather,tippy tappy football,bland atmospheres and mercenary players. I still renewed though.
:lol: :lol: :x :lol:
It was your last sentence that made me laugh.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

colner
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by colner » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:19 pm

Have had a season ticket since the Orient game,experienced highs and lows,didnt think we would ever see the Prem at many points along the way and now were are here [for now] its probably the least enjoyable time as a supporter. Ive jacked in Sky Sports,couldnt care less about International matches and dont really bother with MotD. Have renewed but i have got to the stage when i wonder why,its all about ££ and how we can fleece fans to the max. Every cup and every major league in Europe will have a rich club winning their gongs,have thought of just going to watch Colne,but their league is a farce too. I hope one day my passion for the game rekindles but i highly doubt it

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:03 pm

beddie wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:21 am
You’re right Clive. I was hopeful they would scrap VAR but it’s not going to happen. To be honest I haven’t felt for sometime the excitement I used to feel before games, even under SD I’d lost a bit of that spark, probably my age. Perhaps next season will change my view, I hope so.
I was a season ticket holder since the 70s when we were in the old first division and i never thought i would ever feel this way after all the years watching the game i used to love but now it's just not the same for me , maybe if we were in championship or lower might be different if they don't have var , i was all for var when it was introduced but after some of the decisions i have seen in the corrupt league it's not for me ..

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:29 pm

It's more incompetence than corrupt and then the VAR team unwilling to go against a mate and dispute a decision.

It all stems from the phrase 'Clear and Obvious Error' but then drawing lines that place someone an inch offside, not being allowed to challenge Yellow cards awarded when it is 'Clear and Obvious' it wasn't or not being allowed to challenge diving, clutching the face, rolling around screaming etc when it's 'Clear and Obvious' the player is seeking to gain an advantage by cheating.

The worst one being to find any excuse to disallow a goal without following the same guidelines for every team.

Big Clubs - Go back to the previous pass
The remainder - Go back as far as you need to find a problem

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:36 pm

colner wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:19 pm
Have had a season ticket since the Orient game,experienced highs and lows,didnt think we would ever see the Prem at many points along the way and now were are here [for now] its probably the least enjoyable time as a supporter. Ive jacked in Sky Sports,couldnt care less about International matches and dont really bother with MotD. Have renewed but i have got to the stage when i wonder why,its all about ££ and how we can fleece fans to the max. Every cup and every major league in Europe will have a rich club winning their gongs,have thought of just going to watch Colne,but their league is a farce too. I hope one day my passion for the game rekindles but i highly doubt it
I remember feeling pretty much the same two years ago when we went down and were looking pretty rudderless . And then the Championship season started and pretty quickly my enthusiasm revived , perhaps peaking with the glorious 3-0 rout of our unlovely neighbours in November. I’m hoping the same will happen this time too. I’d be a lot happier if we just trimmed our squad to more sensible core levels and got rid of the likes of Andoumi and Tresor whose presence now just irritates me . It’s important for the team to have a clearer identity for me to feel more engaged. Obviously I’ve renewed.