Who is it?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Terrier
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 124 times

Who is it?

Post by Terrier » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:55 am

Looked at quite a few posts lately and thought of psotto.
Which one one you is psotto?

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1509 times
Has Liked: 582 times

Re: Who is it?

Post by Swizzlestick » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:58 am

There's definitely only one pstotto. Hope he's alright. He was having some housing issues last time round.

Unfortunately, all his youtube videos appear to have been deleted too.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:04 pm

I don't miss his racism, tbh. It was strangely tolerated on here for too long imo

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:07 pm

Don't forget the misogyny. All accepted as fine because he was a bit zany.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2007 times
Has Liked: 3354 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:14 pm

I honestly think there was and is only one Pstotto, mainly because despite some of the randomly bizarre stuff which turns up on here on a daily basis, nothing comes close to his! I really liked him (her/they!! can't be too careful.....arrestable offence in Scotland these days!!) And I certainly hope he's (etc, etc) is ok.

Indecisive
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:18 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:04 pm
I don't miss his racism, tbh. It was strangely tolerated on here for too long imo

Tricky one. Think it was very very obvious the guy had some real mental difficulties, and as such, maybe it wasn't people so much as tolerating the racism and misogyny, as much as being concerned for the guys health and potentially not wanting to trigger.

It was a worry. For a time I found some elements amusing (clearly not the borderline racism), but then it started to become obvious a pretty significant intervention was needed, and the last place he probably should be, was spending time on a messgaboard like this.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:20 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:07 pm
Don't forget the misogyny. All accepted as fine because he was a bit zany.
Wasn't he also a Homophobic, Psychopathic, Climate change denier and a Pagan to boot. Poor chap. Entitled to his opinions.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:21 pm

He'd be welcome to post, obviously. Not suggesting he is or should be persona non-grata, but mental health isn't and shouldn't be a get out of jail free card for some questionable tropes and statements.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2007 times
Has Liked: 3354 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:29 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:20 pm
Wasn't he also a Homophobic, Psychopathic, Climate change denier and a Pagan to boot. Poor chap. Entitled to his opinions.
I honestly thought when you read between the lines some (an awful lot actually) of that was deliberately provocative and almost tongue in cheek to get a reaction, although if it's obviously offensive I do realise that doesn't make it right.

Indecisive
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:36 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:21 pm
He'd be welcome to post, obviously. Not suggesting he is or should be persona non-grata, but mental health isn't and shouldn't be a get out of jail free card for some questionable tropes and statements.
Do understand that mental health potentially can be used as a get of of jail free card....I was more explaining my interpretation of the situation and why I dont feel it was so much people accepting or condoning what he was saying, rather there was more a tendency to be quietly concerned for him? On here there is plenty of, granted more subtle, comments that suggest some pretty unpalatable viewpoints. These generallu get called out. The key difference with Pstotto, I genuinely did feel that his input was very much a consequence of some worrying health crisis.

MOD: TO ALL…Please be considered when offering your opinions on another poster. We try to delete all comments that are insulting, if reported in the proper way. Pstotto has not posted for some time so perhaps our first thought should be about him and his welfare rather than using it as a stick to beat someone with again. Thank you
This user liked this post: Clive 1960

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:49 pm

Indecisive wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:36 pm
Do understand that mental health potentially can be used as a get of of jail free card....I was more explaining my interpretation of the situation and why I dont feel it was so much people accepting or condoning what he was saying, rather there was more a tendency to be quietly concerned for him? On here there is plenty of, granted more subtle, comments that suggest some pretty unpalatable viewpoints. These generallu get called out. The key difference with Pstotto, I genuinely did feel that his input was very much a consequence of some worrying health crisis.
I get what you mean and largely agree. I wonder if a bit of "tough love" and calling out some of his more questionable outbursts might not have helped him along. Like some bumpers on his bowling lane, so to speak

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:55 pm

Indecisive wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:36 pm

MOD: TO ALL…Please be considered when offering your opinions on another poster. We try to delete all comments that are insulting, if reported in the proper way. Pstotto has not posted for some time so perhaps our first thought should be about him and his welfare rather than using it as a stick to beat someone with again. Thank you
With respect to Mods, and i agree with the spirit of that intervention, i reported many of his racist outbursts, with little or no action taken.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1165 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:59 pm

A mod can put their name to a post where they ask us to worry about a racist's welfare, should they wish to.

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 398 times
Has Liked: 432 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:12 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:04 pm
I stopped reading/posting on this forum for a couple of years for this exact reason. Thankfully the moderating seems to have improved a lot.
This user liked this post: ŽižkovClaret

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5092 times
Has Liked: 6915 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:20 pm

"MOD: TO ALL…Please be considered when offering your opinions on another poster. We try to delete all comments that are insulting, if reported in the proper way. Pstotto has not posted for some time so perhaps our first thought should be about him and his welfare rather than using it as a stick to beat someone with again. Thank you"
This, regardless of your views what if he is reading this now and some comments push him over the edge ? Surely it's better to embrace and challenge then insult and isolated, that just makes things worse.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:42 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:20 pm
"MOD: TO ALL…Please be considered when offering your opinions on another poster. We try to delete all comments that are insulting, if reported in the proper way. Pstotto has not posted for some time so perhaps our first thought should be about him and his welfare rather than using it as a stick to beat someone with again. Thank you"
This, regardless of your views what if he is reading this now and some comments push him over the edge ? Surely it's better to embrace and challenge then insult and isolated, that just makes things worse.
He just wasnt challenged though that was the issue.

If he is reading this, PStotto, come back fella, just keep it light eh?

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1407 times

Post by Aclaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:17 pm

Loved PStottos artwork....very talented fella.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1802 times

Post by dougcollins » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:20 pm

I would wager none of the posts I've read in the recent past are Mr Stott's - I doubt very much he would take up under another guise.

I mean, who would do that?
This user liked this post: bfcjg