Brighton tickets for sale - proceeds to foodbank

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Brighton tickets for sale - proceeds to foodbank

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:29 pm

Not sure if this is allowed, feel free to delete it not.

At the start of the season I got a couple of Jimmy Mac Upper tickets (block 4) for tomorrow's match against Brighton and then promptly forgot about buying them.

I now can't use them so happy to take any reasonable offers with proceeds going to the food bank. Face value was £40 each but obviously don't expect that.

Drop me an email on aggibb@mauwf.co.uk or a message on here if you're interested. Tickets are qr code and can email over
This user liked this post: Andingle

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Re: Brighton tickets for sale - proceeds to foodbank

Post by jdrobbo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:06 pm

This is extremely kind. Without going into too much detail, could I politely request that if you do want to donate to the Foodbank (an excellent cause) that you do so directly and not through BFCitCommunity.

After several seasons of fundraising and doing the foodbank collections on matchdays, we were told by community staff that donations (when made at Foodbank collection points on matchdays) go into the BFCitC pot and money then gets distributed to where it’s needed most…the Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Centre etc…

That’s why we make sure our donations now, whilst we still fully support the Foodbank and deeply miss being invited to the matchday collections, be made directly or better still, donated as food/toiletries items.

Great gesture! Hope you get some takers

J

WaddlesLaces
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by WaddlesLaces » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:07 pm

Can I just clarify something on the post above. Any donations made directly to the foodbank are restricted and spent only on the foodbank. The following JustGiving link ensures that the money goes to the foodbank https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/sup ... eyfoodbank to say anything else is wholly incorrect and damaging. The foodbank does a fantastic job supporting those most at need in the town, and all support it is much appreciated.

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:48 pm

These are still available.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:52 pm

WaddlesLaces wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:07 pm
Can I just clarify something on the post above. Any donations made directly to the foodbank are restricted and spent only on the foodbank. The following JustGiving link ensures that the money goes to the foodbank https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/sup ... eyfoodbank to say anything else is wholly incorrect and damaging. The foodbank does a fantastic job supporting those most at need in the town, and all support it is much appreciated.
Hi WaddlesLaces,

Thanks for the post. Where have I suggested that the online link doesn’t go directly into the Foodbank?

Where have I suggested that direct donations made to the Foodbank don't go to the Foodbank?

I passed on accurate information that was given to me by two senior members of staff about donations that were made on matchdays. The QR codes placed on wheelie bins were in fact for donations to the community and not to the Foodbank directly, although many people wanting to donate were assuming that their money was going directly to the Foodbank. We sought clarity on this.

I have re-read my post and I feel I was clear about that.

To re-iterate, the Foodbank is a fabulous organisation. I have given hours of time volunteering, made countless personal food and toiletries donations and I still make regular financial donations.

I just make sure they are made directly. I 100% stand by my post and by the information I was given.

All the best

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1802 times

Post by dougcollins » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:12 pm

Not fit to.