So do you drop Muric after two massive costly howlers?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CaptJohn
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Re: So do you drop Muric after two massive costly howlers?

Post by CaptJohn » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:27 am

SUFC are going to lump balls up to McNasty in the box so Muric for me, as he will handle it better, hopefully, than Traff.

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by durhamclaret » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:55 am

Keep Muric, not totally his fault for the cock ups, it was the managers fault for leaving him on the bench to stew (after such a great season) also for leaving Trafford in for so long. The result being both keepers with zero confidence, sorry, Vincent’s fault imo. UTC
This user liked this post: Nonayforever

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 1070 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 am

The Muric howler is no more or no less of a howler whatever the outcome of the game. The fact that we lost two points, just affects the anger levels on here.
Although this thread is about Muric, our player, in this instance I think that comparisons with other keepers is more than relevant.
All keepers will make mistakes, Trafford big ones still to come.

I'm not one to seek out stats but I'm sure someone, somewhere could find a list of major errors resulting in goals, which would show James Trafford in a very favourable light in relation to all other keepers this season.
Let's not make our keepers, whoever has the jersey, more nervous than necessary by continued criticism.
I expect a keeper to have the balls to put a big error behind them.

Can the supporters put it behind them?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:08 pm

https://x.com/other14the/status/1780582 ... 19314?s=61

The Other 14 (for clubs not in the big 6) have put our a chart today showing Muric is the best keeper outside the big six for save percentage (albeit from only 5 matches).

I know we would all feel better if he had let 2 more into the top corner rather than the gaffes, even if it was the same result, but the rest of his saves since he returned deserve kudos. That stat tends to be one that has the best keepers at the top, e.g. Pope and Pickford.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3877 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:28 pm

His goalkeeping has been superb since he has comeback, but the footwork side has cost us 2 goals.

The Everton one was tactical, he takes an extra touch to entice DCL and comes unstuck.
The coaching staff want that as it draws the opposition out of position in a domino affect.
But in the prem you don't need to invite them on for them to press you.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 983 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:32 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:08 pm
https://x.com/other14the/status/1780582 ... 19314?s=61

The Other 14 (for clubs not in the big 6) have put our a chart today showing Muric is the best keeper outside the big six for save percentage (albeit from only 5 matches).

I know we would all feel better if he had let 2 more into the top corner rather than the gaffes, even if it was the same result, but the rest of his saves since he returned deserve kudos. That stat tends to be one that has the best keepers at the top, e.g. Pope and Pickford.
5 matches all against sides outside of the top 6 including a Wolves side missing Cunha and Neto and an Everton team that rarely scores more than once in a game.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:46 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:32 pm
5 matches all against sides outside of the top 6 including a Wolves side missing Cunha and Neto and an Everton team that rarely scores more than once in a game.
One that just pumped Everton for 6 as well.

He's playing well, gives the team much more impetus/purpose of play and unfortunately has had 2 costly errors.

Extrapolate it out for the entirety of the Season and I'm utterly convinced that we not only have more wins but the overall style/enjoyment of the season would have been significantly higher.

Some of the stuff we were playing earlier in the season was absolutely putrid.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 983 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:46 pm
One that just pumped Everton for 6 as well.

He's playing well, gives the team much more impetus/purpose of play and unfortunately has had 2 costly errors.

Extrapolate it out for the entirety of the Season and I'm utterly convinced that we not only have more wins but the overall style/enjoyment of the season would have been significantly higher.

Some of the stuff we were playing earlier in the season was absolutely putrid.

Not much impetus and purpose of play on view against Everton. Just a single shot on target in a “must win” game.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:33 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 pm
Not much impetus and purpose of play on view against Everton. Just a single shot on target in a “must win” game.
Aye, was a bit poor... The only side we've played this season that played with an ultra low block and let us have the ball as well. The other games have been vastly different, imo.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:26 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:32 pm
You are of course selectively ignoring (in order to criticise one of your own team) that he hasn’t played against the “top 6” as you say, but he has played the “big 6”, the side away from home that just gave Dyche his heaviest defeat as a manager, where we had 10 men. He played the teams in 9th, 10th and 11th.

It may not last, I accept that. But the thread is do we drop him for Sheffield? No.
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:15 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 am
The Muric howler is no more or no less of a howler whatever the outcome of the game. The fact that we lost two points, just affects the anger levels on here.
Although this thread is about Muric, our player, in this instance I think that comparisons with other keepers is more than relevant.
All keepers will make mistakes, Trafford big ones still to come.

I'm not one to seek out stats but I'm sure someone, somewhere could find a list of major errors resulting in goals, which would show James Trafford in a very favourable light in relation to all other keepers this season.
Let's not make our keepers, whoever has the jersey, more nervous than necessary by continued criticism.
I expect a keeper to have the balls to put a big error behind them.

Can the supporters put it behind them?
Yeah, Trafford has 1 errors leading to goals and Muric has 2 according to Opta.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:08 pm

No point in reverting back to Trafford now.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3877 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:08 pm
No point in reverting back to Trafford now.
Vinny said Muric will be in.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm
Vinny said Muric will be in.
Not surprising really.