Dyches gameplan?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Re: Dyches gameplan?

Post by JohnMac » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:11 pm

I watched the whole game and understand the point being made by the OP.

Similar to the previous time we strayed from 442, we looked a bit lost after a decent 30 minutes. I had forgotten Defour was on the pitch until he missed that chance, clearly a free role does not suit him.

Unfortunately SD is damned for not trying something different but damned when he does.

We were as boring as we have been for 3 years but anyone who thinks entertainment is high on the agenda is sadly mistaken.

Lowton made some errors of course he did but he was left exposed time and time again. Not much mention of the roasting Ward got from Mahrez on the other side of the pitch was there?

It's not a day for individuals to be identified, it's more a reality check again.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Ward won't get much of a mention because Lowton is the current target, partially because he's replaced Trippier

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:23 pm

KRBFC wrote:Watch the game and form your own opinion. We had 1 shot on target off the top of my head, your stats are fabricated. You're making up stats to argue :lol:
The stats I saw at the end of the game had Leicester with 14 shots and 7 on target (i think). If we were battered I'd expect to see a lot more attempts than that and a lot less than 40% possession.

I'm not arguing just for the sake of it but I've seen enough comment on here, plus the brief elements I've had to go off for viewing the game, plus what my son said about the game (he did watch it) to think that you're completely over reacting to say we made them look like Barcelona.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Link to match report AND stats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37325839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:31 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:The stats I saw at the end of the game had Leicester with 14 shots and 7 on target (i think). If we were battered I'd expect to see a lot more attempts than that and a lot less than 40% possession.

I'm not arguing just for the sake of it but I've seen enough comment on here, plus the brief elements I've had to go off for viewing the game, plus what my son said about the game (he did watch it) to think that you're completely over reacting to say we made them look like Barcelona.
Like I said, watch the game yourself and then form your own opinion otherwise don't try argue against my view on the performance when you have absolutely no idea and no leg to stand on. The fact you're fabricating stats to argue against me is quite desperate and laughable.

ShabbaRanks
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Bait has been cast with that one...

I'm being 100% serious.

All of the players in the first list have been involved at least one relegation from the premiership.

The above is not an opinion, it's a fact. If you have played one season in the premier league and were relegated from the premier league then you are not good enough to play in the premier league, until Youve proven that you're good enough by playing in a team that stays up in your second season. It really is that black and white.

Sonic
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Sonic » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:36 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:The above is not an opinion, it's a fact. If you have played one season in the premier league and were relegated from the premier league then you are not good enough to play in the premier league, until Youve proven that you're good enough by playing in a team that stays up in your second season. It really is that black and white.
Utter shite.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:38 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:I'm being 100% serious.

All of the players in the first list have been involved at least one relegation from the premiership.

The above is not an opinion, it's a fact. If you have played one season in the premier league and were relegated from the premier league then you are not good enough to play in the premier league, until Youve proven that you're good enough by playing in a team that stays up in your second season. It really is that black and white.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marney - his injury cost us last time due to a shite transfer window...or have you forgotten that?
Also spent two seasons on the trot in the PL with Hull.
Lowton - spent several seasons in the PL with Villa.
Mee - was a left back last time.
Vokes - was injured the majority of the last time, or have you forgotten that?
Ward - spent 3 seasons on the trot in the PL with wolves and only made 9 appearance last time round for us because the aforementioned Mee was playing lb.

Do I need to carry on being black and white for you or will that do?

The jury out list I agree with.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Articulate how it's utter shite? It's the only logical conclusion until the next opportunity to disprove that theory which is the closure of your second season.

You may dislike it but it is absolutely 100% a factual statement.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:43 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:I'm being 100% serious.

:lol: :lol: so because a team isn't good enough as a whole that means every individual player in that team isn't good enough either. Christ you are more delusional than I thought... id say Newcastle had a few players last season easily good enough for the PL, Townsend and Sissoko being two.
This user liked this post: Sonic

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Sidney1st wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Marney - his injury cost us last time due to a shite transfer window...or have you forgotten that?
Also spent two seasons on the trot in the PL with Hull.
Lowton - spent several seasons in the PL with Villa.
Mee - was a left back last time.
Vokes - was injured the majority of the last time, or have you forgotten that?
Ward - spent 3 seasons on the trot in the PL with wolves and only made 9 appearance last time round for us because the aforementioned Mee was playing lb.

Do I need to carry on being black and white for you or will that do?

The jury out list I agree with.
A lot of whataboutery there, again, if your auntie had ******** she'd be your uncle. They played their part in a side that wasn't good enough.

As for Lowton and Ward: Lowton hadn't a look in for a season and a half for Villa and both of them had been relegated, Ward going on to be relegated from the Championship of course.

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Dyche is a bad version of Pulis.

Parkvilla
Been Liked: 40 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Parkvilla » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Dyche thinks we played well today apart from 4 minutes of madness.Well that sums it up.if he is happy with that that god help us for the rest of the season

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:47 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:A lot of whataboutery there, again, if your auntie had ******** she'd be your uncle. They played their part in a side that wasn't good enough.

As for Lowton and Ward: Lowton hadn't a look in for a season and a half for Villa and both of them had been relegated, Ward going on to be relegated from the Championship of course.
So Ward isn't good enough for the Championship either

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Spot on assessment there Rileybobs.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:48 pm

KRBFC wrote::lol: :lol: so because a team isn't good enough as a whole that means every individual player in that team isn't good enough either. Christ you are more delusional than I thought... id say Newcastle had a few players last season easily good enough for the PL, Townsend and Sissoko being two.
Clearly you do not work In an industry that requires you to separate what is an opinion and what is factual.

If a player plays a season for a team that is subsequently relegated, then they are not good enough until their next opportunity to disprove that.

That. is.factual. There is no is, or is not. Anything contrary to the above fact is an opinion.

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:49 pm

I would love the Huddersfield manager to manage us.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Only thing Dyche got wrong today was picking Gray instead of Vokes. Vokes plays that position very well as was proven in the summer with Wales. Gray needs some time on the bench to get angry imho.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Blyclaret wrote:Dyche is a bad version of Pulis.

:D
But Dyche does have the ability to deflect criticism almost before he gets any!
if he takes us down a second time there must be question marks over his ability at the top level

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2179 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Blyclaret wrote:I would love the Huddersfield manager to manage us.
Why?

:?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:54 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:Clearly you do not work In an industry that requires you to separate what is an opinion and what is factual.

If a player plays a season for a team that is subsequently relegated, then they are not good enough until their next opportunity to disprove that.

That. is.factual. There is no is, or is not. Anything contrary to the above fact is an opinion.
    Are you really this stupid? Have you forgot its a squad game? Its not a 1v1 sport.... Austin scored 17 PL goals for QPR and proved he was good enough despite being relegated in a shite side.
    This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Enola Gay
    Been Liked: 503 times
    Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Enola Gay » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:56 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:In answer to KRBFC, park the bus, nick a goal and take the points. Don't forget Leicester were devastating on the break last year - I can't blame Dyche for trying safety first today.
    Leicester were devastating on the break last year because they have more pace throughout the team. Quick players, speed of thought, speed of movement.

We're unlikely to be anything like as effective when our attacks move through the gears about as quickly as Dutch Elm disease moves through a forest.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Bloody Hell... I agree with KRBFC.

I need a lie down.
    This user liked this post: Buxtonclaret

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:57 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:A lot of whataboutery there, again, if your auntie had ******** she'd be your uncle. They played their part in a side that wasn't good enough.

37, 23, 12 - number of PL appearances in the 3 seasons prior to signing for us.
    He also had an injury too if memory serves me correctly.
    Not bad for not getting a look in for a season and a half.
    Villa were also busy being a joke club half of that time.

As for Ward, the entire Wolves team was an embarrassment when they dropped into league one.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:58 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Bloody Hell... I agree with KRBFC.

I need a lie down.
    I did that the first time I agreed with KRBFC, but you get used to it eventually.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:59 pm

KRBFC wrote:
      Are you really this stupid? Have you forgot its a squad game? Its not a 1v1 sport.... Austin scored 17 PL goals for QPR and proved he was good enough despite being relegated in a shite side.
      I think his point is made by the fact that Austin, Ings and Trippier, who were good enough for the PL, are still in the PL despite being relegated.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:00 pm

This Gana Gay looks good for Everton considering he isnt good enough for PL football because Aston Villa were relegated last year

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Sidney1st wrote:I did that the first time I agreed with KRBFC, but you get used to it eventually.
      Now look at you, you have come on leaps and bounds and agree with absolutely everything I post ;) :lol: :roll: :D
      These 2 users liked this post: Sidney1st Buxtonclaret

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Ings and Trippier - neither are first choice and I can't see that changing, unless there are injuries to other players.

Austin - if he can remain injury free then he's certainly a PL quality player.

ksrclaret
      Been Liked: 2488 times
      Has Liked: 761 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Dyche explained the game plan, put three in midfield to keep the ball a bit better and so restrict the momentum and tempo that Leicester are so good at building at home. Sounds like a decent idea but it simply won't be effective when your front three are as poor on the ball as ours were and the service to them is even worse.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:04 pm

KRBFC wrote:
        Since you've questioned my intelligence, (playing the man and not the ball) I think it's reasonable to inform you of something I would have otherwise kept to myself. I'm a PhD in Biomechanical Engineering, and knowing the scientific difference between what is factual and what is not has kept me employed in the upper echelons of a top 10 FTSE company for the past 25 years.

What was it that you said you did again?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:05 pm

I've met a few people with various degrees who lack common sense...

Does you having a PHD make you more qualified to give a daft statement?

Oh and I sell Land Rover parts for a living currently, didn't need a degree for that one, it wouldn't have made the job any easier.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Ings and Trippier - neither are first choice and I can't see that changing, unless there are injuries to other players.

TBH, I'm not sure it's a valid point, but these two were deemed good enough to be bought by PL clubs.
        I get the idea that if you are constantly in the market for bottom PL or top end Championship players then that is where you end up

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:08 pm

KRBFC wrote:This Gana Gay looks good for Everton considering he isnt good enough for PL football because Aston Villa were relegated last year
        You're starting to get it. He's playing well. Of that there is no doubt. What is the only logical milestone we can use as a barometer of his capability to perform consistently at premier league level though?

Is it because you and I agree he's playing well in the 5th game of the season? Of course it's not, that would be ridiculous, and that would be just our opinion.

What we know, is that the only true barometer is his overall contribution to Everton's standing at the end of the season.

It's super simple stuff.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:08 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:Since you've questioned my intelligence, (playing the man and not the ball) I think it's reasonable to inform you of something I would have otherwise kept to myself. I'm a PhD in Biomechanical Engineering, and knowing the scientific difference between what is factual and what is not has kept me employed in the upper echelons of a top 10 FTSE company for the past 25 years.

Fantastic, although your job title doesn't reflect your football knowledge. Bill Gates doesn't even know what football is, he calls it soccer ffs and he's a millionaire ya know

lakesclaret
        Been Liked: 151 times
        Has Liked: 4 times

Post by lakesclaret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:09 pm

What do people expect when half our team are not prem level? It's about making the best of what we have, we've too possible future prem stars in Bamford and Flanagan waiting in the wings ( not on em!) Defour looks class Hendricks bedding in, true fans get behind the team and manager not bitch hysterically like They've had a bucket of p1ss thrown over them

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:10 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:Since you've questioned my intelligence, (playing the man and not the ball) I think it's reasonable to inform you of something I would have otherwise kept to myself. I'm a PhD in Biomechanical Engineering, and knowing the scientific difference between what is factual and what is not has kept me employed in the upper echelons of a top 10 FTSE company for the past 25 years.

It doesn't mean you know owt about football, does it?

:roll:
        This user liked this post: Sonic

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Sidney1st wrote:I've met a few people with various degrees who lack common sense...

Does you having a PHD make you more qualified to give a daft statement?

Oh and I sell Land Rover parts for a living currently, didn't need a degree for that one, it wouldn't have made the job any easier.
        This is like pulling teeth.

How my PHD helps is, I am well qualified and experienced in being able to ascertain what is factual and what is not factual.

Working in an industry that requires extensive scientific experimentation, you need to be able to tell the difference.

I hope this helps your understanding.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:13 pm

KRBFC wrote:Fantastic, although your job title doesn't reflect your football knowledge. Bill Gates doesn't even know what football is, he calls it soccer ffs and he's a millionaire ya know
        Absolutely, I agree, but for the umpteenth time, I can tell you what is factual and what is not, and that the original list I gave is a list of players that are not good enough for the premier league given their failure to stay in it at the last time of asking.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:14 pm

boatshed bill wrote:TBH, I'm not sure it's a valid point, but these two were deemed good enough to be bought by PL clubs.
        I get the idea that if you are constantly in the market for bottom PL or top end Championship players then that is where you end up
        I believe it is a valid point.

Trippier is in the PL because Spurs wanted a back up right back.
        Walker, when fit, is a far better modern day attacking full back.
        I don't recall Trippier being linked with a move away during his time at Spurs, he's in danger of becoming a forgotten man who'll also become world class on this board the less he plays.

Ings - got a lucky break last season due to injuries at Liverpool and was unfortunate to suffer his own injury.
        Due to the quality of players at Liverpool, he will become a bit part player at most, probably cup games, and again will become a forgotten man unless he moves on.

They both had 1 good season in the PL, got relegated and have probably made the wrong moves if they want to progress their careers and prove they can consistently perform in the PL.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:15 pm

It is not factual that a player isn't good enough for the Premier League if he's relegated from it, especially when he has ten other players in the team with him.

I would say that's closer to being "factual".

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Jermaine Defoe, Mark Viduka, Kanu, Kevin Prince Boateng, Michael Carrick, Paolo Di Canio, Michel Salgado,
        Les Ferdinand, Julio Cesar, Ravanelli, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen and Roy Keane are just a few players with relegations from the PL on their CV.
        This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:19 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:This is like pulling teeth.

How my PHD helps is, I am well qualified and experienced in being able to ascertain what is factual and what is not factual.

Working in an industry that requires extensive scientific experimentation, you need to be able to tell the difference.

I hope this helps your understanding.
        Go and pull some teeth then, you'll probably do a better job of that then attempting oo write off the majority of our starting 11....

Yes we have players who've been relegated whilst at Burnley and other clubs, but to state as fact that they aren't good enough for the PL is just laughable.

IF Marney hadn't been injured last time, its commonly believed we would've stayed up.
        Due to him missing a 3rd of the season through injury you're factually stating he isn't good enough.
        You've done the same to Vokes who missed 2/3 of the season due to injury and clearly wasn't ready or up to speed when he appeared again.

You can stick your PHD somewhere else because right now it isn't helping you achieve anything apart from look a bit daft and that's a fact.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:23 pm

All we need to ask ourselves is:

Were these players relegated at the last time of asking?

Yes.

Does this mean, that these players are not good enough for the PL until their next logical barometer?

Yes.

He got injured or one is better than the other or blah blah blah is an opinion.

That you both can not or will not understand that is unfortunately a marker of your ignorance/poor educational choices.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:25 pm

[quote="Sidney1st"]Go and pull some teeth then, you'll probably do a better job of that then attempting oo write off the majority of our starting 11.... an opinion.

Yes we have players who've been relegated whilst at Burnley and other clubs, but to state as fact that they aren't good enough for the PL is just laughable. An opinion.

IF Marney hadn't been injured last time, its commonly believed we would've stayed up. An opinion.

Due to him missing a 3rd of the season through injury you're factually stating he isn't good enough. He was relegated from the premier league is what factually makes me say that as it stands he isn't good enough.

You've done the same to Vokes who missed 2/3 of the season due to injury and clearly wasn't ready or up to speed when he appeared again. An opinion.

You can stick your PHD somewhere else because right now it isn't helping you achieve anything apart from look a bit daft and that's a fact. An opinion.

I hope my notes contribute to your further understanding.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Patronizing pillock!

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:32 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:
        Are you telling me that Vokes was up to speed last time?
        If you're stating he was then it further shows how little you know about or watch football.
        Marney's injury was a major contributing factor last time after the club dicked around in the January window.

Having a PHD doesn't make you more qualified to make statements and tell everyone they're facts and their statements are incorrect.
        It just makes you look a bit of a pompous prat, which is currently shining through right now.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:33 pm

And yet I've somehow managed to make my points without personally attacking anyone.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:36 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:And yet I've somehow managed to make my points without personally attacking anyone.
        You've just generalized about us instead with your sweeping statement about poor educational choices and ignorance.

Seeing as we only have 1 person attemping to use their PHD as some sort of claim that their opinion is better then anyone else's of course you'll feel personally attacked.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Let me help you out here.
        Sidney1st wrote:Are you telling me that Vokes was up to speed last time? No, but was he or was he not relegated?

If you're stating he was then it further shows how little you know about or watch football. An opinion.

Marney's injury was a major contributing factor last time after the club dicked around in the January window. Another opinion.

Having a PHD doesn't make you more qualified to make statements and tell everyone they're facts and their statements are incorrect.It's not a statement, it's a you guessed it!!

It just makes you look a bit of a pompous prat, which is currently shining through right now.an opinion