Dyches gameplan?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ShabbaRanks
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Re: Dyches gameplan?

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Sidney1st wrote:You've just generalized about us instead with your sweeping statement about poor educational choices and ignorance.

Seeing as we only have 1 person attemping to use their PHD as some sort of claim that their opinion is better then anyone else's of course you'll feel personally attacked.
If someone Calls me stupid then I will take steps to educate them of my intellectual calibre. If the debate had remained on track without personal insults I wouldn't have said anything.

You'll notice if you read back through this thread, I've opined very little indeed. My opinion is no better or worse than the next blokes; I'm just here to point out what it factual and what is not. That you disagree with me or the fact itself is your concern.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:43 pm

You're writing off Vokes despite him being injured or unfit ......yes he was relegated but stating as fact he isn't good enough just shows how stupid you are.
Where were you after the Liverpool game with these facts?
Oh wait hold on, we'd won so your agenda had to wait for a while.

No, it's Fact that the club docked around in the January transfer window.
Marney's injury was a contributing factor because we didn't have a replacement to step in, that's a Fact.
Yes he was relegated, but his injury was a major factor in our relegation and that's a .....fact.

PhD - nah it isn't a fact your opinion is more correct then anyone else's, your opinion is......you've hopefully guessed it if your PhD isn't getting in the way.

Nah I think we can safely say its a fact that you're a pompous prat.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2219 times
Has Liked: 2210 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:43 pm

And as we all know, if you use the word "fact" in a discussion, it just has to be true, regardless of who is saying it.

We all bow to your superiority.

We are not worthy.

:(
This user liked this post: Sonic

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:46 pm

KRBFC wrote:Does anyone have any idea? Call it 442 451 or whatever you want its effectively a 9-0-1 and a big hoof to the isolated front man. 8 shots on target in 5 games. Painful to watch my club play this way.
I'd say it is more painful to read this. If you think that's how we are playing then I suggest you take a closer look.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Tell you what, I'll forego 8 years of education and decades of experience in pioneering scientific experimentation because a car part sales man and a call centre worker can't get their heads around it.

......or you know, not.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:48 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:If someone Calls me stupid then I will take steps to educate them of my intellectual calibre. If the debate had remained on track without personal insults I wouldn't have said anything.

You'll notice if you read back through this thread, I've opined very little indeed. My opinion is no better or worse than the next blokes; I'm just here to point out what it factual and what is not. That you disagree with me or the fact itself is your concern.
You're intellectual calibre means nothing to me, I've little time for people who wave degrees or PhDs in my face in attempts to try and prove they're better then me and I've dealt with people who I suspect are both more intelligent and more important then you are.
All a PhD does is prove you're better and more qualified in your line of work then I would be.

I've no doubt you worked hard for it, which I will applaud you for because it requires true dedication to attain a PhD.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:49 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:Tell you what, I'll forego 8 years of education and decades of experience in pioneering scientific experimentation because a car part sales man and a call centre worker can't get their heads around it.

......or you know, not.
I'd prefer it if you stopped stating your opinions as fact that's all.

Yes those players were relegated and that is a fact, but you're too busy waving your PhD around to see the extenuating circumstances.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Jeffrey Archer was well educated.

It means nowt.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Sidney1st wrote: Yes those players were relegated and that is a fact.
My work here is done.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:59 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:My work here is done.
Shame mine isn't, but hopefully one day you'll learn two things.

1- leave your phd in your pocket.
2- about extenuating circumstances.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:03 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I'd say it is more painful to read this. If you think that's how we are playing then I suggest you take a closer look.
I think we are playing too deep which is why we aren't creating anything and not retaining the ball. That's just my view of course, your is obviously different but I'm all ears.... well eyes.

ShabbaRanks

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:04 pm

Let me help you out again.

1-I've managed to spend months on the site without championing it. I will likely go years again without championing it. If you call me stupid, I will educate you on my credentials. I think that's more than fair.

2- in my line of work there is no such thing. It is my OPINION that in football there is not either: if you are a player in a side that ends up in the relegation zone then you are relegated and that's that.

Murger
Been Liked: 1244 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:07 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I'd say it is more painful to read this. If you think that's how we are playing then I suggest you take a closer look.
I'd suggest you faced the pitch if you think we are playing any differently.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:24 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:Let me help you out again.

1-I've managed to spend months on the site without championing it. I will likely go years again without championing it. If you call me stupid, I will educate you on my credentials. I think that's more than fair.

2- in my line of work there is no such thing. It is my OPINION that in football there is not either: if you are a player in a side that ends up in the relegation zone then you are relegated and that's that.
You're one of the few people I've ever met who don't think that there is such a thing as extenuating circumstances in football.
Very bizarre really.
I personally know people who've got several sets of letters after their name, but it doesn't stop them having daft moments.

I said your opinion or statement was stupid, not you personally or your level of intelligence.
Having a PhD doesn't exclude you from the possibility of making a stupid statement or having a daft opinion.
Meanwhile I'm poorly educated apparently :roll:

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Murger wrote:I'd suggest you faced the pitch if you think we are playing any differently.
Was facing the pitch, were playing differently and played well enough for most of first half.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:30 pm

We did play differently, and well first half. Absolutely found out second half thought. Awful.

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:36 pm

Boris Johnson, a highly educated Buffoon. It is possible.

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:39 pm

SGr wrote:We did play differently, and well first half. Absolutely found out second half thought. Awful.
Reading the various comments, dyche seems slow to react tactically. Starts the game, things go OK. Oppo manager changes things and dyche doesnt react.

Sonic
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Sonic » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Shabba, it seems to me that the communication breakdown here is due to you not understanding what a fact is. What you appear to be doing is confusing fact with opinion.

Your impressive educational achievements are clearly unrelated to football, so they mean nothing in this context.

Also, your logic is borked.

Have a good one.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Borked?

That's a new one, I'll have to use that in the future.
This user liked this post: Sonic

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:04 pm

ShabbaRanks said:- "He got injured or one is better than the other or blah blah blah is an opinion."

Now I know that I am thick because I never went to Uni or anything like that, however. I have managed to survive and have been around for a good many years. My question is:- How is "He got injured........." an opinion?
Surely a player getting injured is a fact or, if you are better qualified than I am, does it mean that you can say "In my opinion, he is not injured."
These 2 users liked this post: Sidney1st Sonic

CumbrianClaret
Been Liked: 276 times
Has Liked: 462 times

Post by CumbrianClaret » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:32 pm

This forum is now far worse than anything the old forum ever was . Absolutely full of people who cannot wait to have a go at Dyche ant the team . Whatever happened to getting behind them ? Very sad but that it seems is what "fans" seem to do these days .

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:42 pm

CumbrianClaret wrote:This forum is now far worse than anything the old forum ever was . Absolutely full of people who cannot wait to have a go at Dyche ant the team . Whatever happened to getting behind them ? Very sad but that it seems is what "fans" seem to do these days .
Negative performances are met with negative comments from fans, its not rocket science, modern day football fans don't accept mediocrity like some of the older fans do. I think some of the older people in life lack ambition in general possibly reflects that in footballing terms to.

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:53 pm

Modern day fans just expect to add water and it will instantly happen, unfortunately, it doesn't happen that way. New players come in, they all have to get used to each other, changes have to be made, it all takes time to gel and this is the reality. Perhaps older people are used to being patient about things and accept that things are not instant.
Very general statement about older people lacking ambition. Have you ever thought that we have perhaps achieved all our ambitions and nothing that we do will influence what happens on a football field no matter what ambitions we may or may not have?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3341 times
Has Liked: 1960 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:01 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:Modern day fans just expect to add water and it will instantly happen
A small, although a vocal one, thinks that.

This messageboard is the best place after a defeat. Gives you a laugh or two to cheer you up.

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:11 am

We didn't play well in the 1st half at all. We managed to contain them in the majority but offered nothing in the way of an attacking force. Our ball retention is absolutely woeful and has been for a long time. That said, Dyce has earned the opportunity to change it but the changes need to be drastic. We look like a fish out of water with the ball. That has to change and quickly. Watching Burnley pay football every week is painful. Getting us to these dizzy heights was a superb achievement but right now we are a terrible football team. I'm going to put some of it down to players settling in. I might be kidding myself but I live in hope. Boyd, Lowton and Mee out for me. They all work hard but thats the least I expect. Boyd gives nothing going forward, Lowton just doesn't have the acceptable quality at this level and whilst Mee has been quite good defensively you just cant lump the ball forward every time and give away possesion. Gudmundsson, Scouse and Tark in

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:13 am

I wasn't just talking about Burnley fans.
Some of us are always cheerful, however, that makes us Happy Clappers as far as many are concerned. Why worry about a football result? It won't change your life, just keep smiling and be happy.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:18 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:I wasn't just talking about Burnley fans.
Some of us are always cheerful, however, that makes us Happy Clappers as far as many are concerned. Why worry about a football result? It won't change your life, just keep smiling and be happy.
Why support a football team if you don't emotionally give a toss about the results

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:19 am

Rumbletonk wrote:We didn't play well in the 1st half at all. We managed to contain them in the majority but offered nothing in the way of an attacking force. Our ball retention is absolutely woeful and has been for a long time. That said, Dyce has earned the opportunity to change it but the changes need to be drastic. We look like a fish out of water with the ball. That has to change and quickly. Watching Burnley pay football every week is painful. Getting us to these dizzy heights was a superb achievement but right now we are a terrible football team. I'm going to put some of it down to players settling in. I might be kidding myself but I live in hope. Boyd, Lowton and Mee out for me. They all work hard but thats the least I expect. Boyd gives nothing going forward, Lowton just doesn't have the acceptable quality at this level and whilst Mee has been quite good defensively you just cant lump the ball forward every time and give away possesion. Gudmundsson, Scouse and Tark in
As far as a 'debut' post goes that's up there with Ade Akinbiyi's for us against Sunderland.

:shock:
Last edited by fidelcastro on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:21 am

KRBFC wrote:Why support a football team if you don't emotionally give a toss about the results
Perhaps it's because people have other things going on in their lives which are far more important than 22 men kicking a ball about.

:roll:
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:22 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:I wasn't just talking about Burnley fans.
Neither was I.
Some get too wound up about a minority thinks.
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:23 am

fidelcastro wrote:Perhaps it's because people have other things going on in their lives which are far more important than 22 men kicking a ball about.

Don't we all?

Rumbletonk

Post by Rumbletonk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:25 am

I was more worried about the spelling than the content if truth be told

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:26 am

KRBFC wrote:Why support a football team if you don't emotionally give a toss about the results
Because I can. Results don't affect me --we win --we win -- we draw--we draw -- we lose --we lose.
Whatever happens, I support and have done for a long time --you wouldn't understand because you just want to find fault with everything --very negative attitude as far as I am concerned, whereas, because I deal with a lot of people who are much less fortunate than myself, I always have a positive attitude to life, therefore, I do not get emotionally affected by football results. I never have a 'down' side.
Like I said, you just wouldn't understand but there are reasons which are none of your business.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:28 am

I agree

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:29 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:Because I can. Results don't affect me --we win --we win -- we draw--we draw -- we lose --we lose.
Whatever happens, I support and have done for a long time --you wouldn't understand because you just want to find fault with everything --very negative attitude as far as I am concerned, whereas, because I deal with a lot of people who are much less fortunate than myself, I always have a positive attitude to life, therefore, I do not get emotionally affected by football results. I never have a 'down' side.
Like I said, you just wouldn't understand but there are reasons which are none of your business.
So you aren't much of a fan then if you don't give a **** either way, probably explains the mentality of the happy clappers then.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:34 am

KRBFC wrote:So you aren't much of a fan then if you don't give a **** either way, probably explains the mentality of the happy clappers then.
So you're only a fan of Burnley Football Club if you whinge and bitch about literally everything?

Great logic.

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:38 am

KRBFC wrote:So you aren't much of a fan then if you don't give a **** either way, probably explains the mentality of the happy clappers then.
Your comments just confirm what I have already posted. Total lack of comprehension as to the diversity of those who are football fans. Strange how we are all not the same, thank goodness.

Rumbletonk

Post by Rumbletonk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:40 am

If it doesn't affect you and you just enjoy the moment then fair play. Few and far between. We were crap and it's frustrating/annoying to most though

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:44 am

If only there was an in between of those who think it's the end of the world when we get beat and those who seem desperate to tell us they are not effected by a result.

Vocal minorities rule.
This user liked this post: Rumbletonk

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:45 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:Your comments just confirm what I have already posted. Total lack of comprehension as to the diversity of those who are football fans. Strange how we are all not the same, thank goodness.
You openly admitted to not caring about the results so I'm rightly questioning your commitment. I sniff an ex Man Utd turned Burnley "fan" when we reached the PL.

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:46 am

Personally speaking I hate us losing, it gets me down. I am however realistic and realise that we were away at the Champions, a side that swept all before them last season and are now unbeaten at home in a year.
**** happens, we move on. I would take us finishing the league in the exact same position we are now, so we are hardly cast adrift at the bottom.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6959 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:51 am

Wow. Cringeworthy stuff from Dr Shabba.
This user liked this post: Stevie Morgan

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:06 am

Shabba you can go stick your PhD where the sun don't shine. All those thousands of pounds spent on your education and you produce that drivel. Intelligence maybe, but common sense is sadly lacking.

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:10 am

KRBFC wrote:You openly admitted to not caring about the results so I'm rightly questioning your commitment. I sniff an ex Man Utd turned Burnley "fan" when we reached the PL.
Oh you've sussed me out, I truly am a plastic fan who has only been going on the Turf since we got to the PL and only this last promotion too.
Never mind, we can't all have supported since the good old days. I wonder what it was like back in the day? It must have been great to have been champions of England for a small club like Burnley, however, they have some way to go before equalling my team's record, having done that 20 times.
This user liked this post: CumbrianClaret

CumbrianClaret

Post by CumbrianClaret » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:55 am

It's a complete waste of time responding to KRBFC Ashingtonclaret46 - he's a complete idiot with no understanding of anything unless it's uttered from his own gob . If he has a brain which I doubt then he never uses it so there's a lot of empty space in his head and empty vessels do tend to make the most noise when rattled . Negative towards everything BFC .

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:10 am

CumbrianClaret wrote:It's a complete waste of time responding to KRBFC Ashingtonclaret46 - he's a complete idiot with no understanding of anything unless it's uttered from his own gob . If he has a brain which I doubt then he never uses it so there's a lot of empty space in his head and empty vessels do tend to make the most noise when rattled . Negative towards everything BFC .
You haven't watched Burnley play since 1982 so I'm not sure how you can possibly argue against my opinion here.

CumbrianClaret

Post by CumbrianClaret » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:24 am

You're a great laugh KRBFC - I'll give you that . It's quite obvious that you make it up as you go along 'cos the last time you went down this road you said I'de never been on the Turf . :oops: :lol: :roll:

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:34 am

CumbrianClaret wrote:You're a great laugh KRBFC - I'll give you that . It's quite obvious that you make it up as you go along 'cos the last time you went down this road you said I'de never been on the Turf . :oops: :lol: :roll:
Ok how many games have you watched this season? I'm only questioning how you can possibly question my opinion on performances when you haven't seen us play.

CumbrianClaret

Post by CumbrianClaret » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:57 am

The thing is KRBFC - I haven't offered an opinion on performances have I ? I just leave that one to you . I'm unable to attend matches at the moment but believe it or not up here in deepest darkest Cumbria we do have electricity which means I can watch every minute of every game on either TV or internet . By the way what time did you get home from Leicester ?