Dyches gameplan?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: Dyches gameplan?

Post by KRBFC » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:08 am

CumbrianClaret wrote:The thing is KRBFC - I haven't offered an opinion on performances have I ? I just leave that one to you . I'm unable to attend matches at the moment but believe it or not up here in deepest darkest Cumbria we do have electricity which means I can watch every minute of every game on either TV or internet . By the way what time did you get home from Leicester ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CumbrianClaret
Been Liked: 276 times
Has Liked: 462 times

Post by CumbrianClaret » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:17 am

Was the question too difficult for you ?

3putt
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by 3putt » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:48 am

I've watched football long enough to recognise that we all see games differently and form different opinions of players/team performance. That also applies to ex-pro's/pundits etc.

I can understand why fans got upset when we play badly or lose, in fact I don't understand those that don't seem to care. It certainly affects me, makes me proud, angry, frustrated, deliriously happy at times. Surely these emotions all stem from the passion you feel for your team. That doesn't mean it has any impact on the rest of your life.

For me, I want to see my team play well and in a way that makes me feel of my team/club. I would actually prefer to see us play really well, even if we lose than play poor scrappy negative football and get a lucky win.

One of the highlights of our last season in the Prem in my opinion, was ManU away, we played some great football and eventually lost, but were extremely unlucky to do so. That performance made me feel proud to be a Burnley fan.

Very few fans expect anything from this season other than a battle against relegation. However, it is the manner of most of our play that frustrates a lot of fans, me included. Unfortunately our style of play is anything but easy on the eye and although SD has been extremely successful with us, he does seem to have a negative approach and sticks by some players that are stealing a living by playing in the Prem.

Hoping to see some better football from the Clarets soon.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:58 am

CumbrianClaret wrote:It's a complete waste of time responding to KRBFC
cue your next 20 posts being replies to him.
These 2 users liked this post: Tall Paul Bordeauxclaret

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:06 pm

i didn't watch the game, listen to it or watch the highlights, it was far too nice a day for any of that nonsense.

i said before the game we were set up not to lose and i wasn't sure if this was the game for it but going heavy in midfield is something plenty of people have wanted us to try so hey, why not give it a go.

its the first time we've played this way and i'm not sure i'd have gone with the same players in those positions - i'd have put marney or hendrick as the front running cm - but it was worth a try. the players need to get used to playing different ways.

leicester are a decent team. not much to get worked up about. again, this season is a steep learning curve but one we have to overcome asap.

plenty of football to be played yet.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:03 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:Here is a list of players that history has shown us do not have the required standard to perform consistently in the Premier League:

Ward
Mee
Lowton
Arfield
Boyd
Marney
Vokes

Here is a list of players that the jury is still out on:

Gray
Defour
Hendrick
JBG

Sean Dyche has to find a way to get these players performing above their level, and if you say that he is not doing that then it says more about you than it does about him.

He needs money to improve on the players he has.
I think Dyche found a way to get them performing.