Would you vote the same again?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1637 times

Re: Would you vote the same again?

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Voted Remain.
Would still vote Remain .

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:40 pm

jurek wrote:However, what amazes me is that there hasn't been, as far as I can see, any positive follow up from the government
or any of the leave supporters.

No campaign for the country to buy British, for example.
Nothing as such but get us out.
As long as we're in the EU, a "Buy British" campaign would be illegal under EU rules. It'll have to wait until we're out.

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:45 pm

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Would it what? You've left a word out.

But more seriously, Sainsbury's aren't the government. Sainsbury's are allowed to promote British agriculture. The government isn't.

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Yes I'd still vote OUT!

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:10 pm

I voted leave and all thats happened since has convinvced me I was correct to do so.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:11 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:The point about paying more to go on Holiday is a good one..... And this is something the Europeans need to consider when they try play "Hard Ball" with the UK when the article 50 ball starts rolling. The UK are a massive contributor to many European countrys Tourism industries, I for one will not visit Europe next year as there's better value to be had elsewhere.
It may be more expensive to go on holiday to Europe now, but it is also relatively more expensive to go to pretty much anywhere than it was 6 months ago. Brits will still go on holiday to Europe, because it is still relatively cheaper than many other places. It does, however, mean that holidaying in the UK will be relatively cheaper than it was before, compared to going abroad. The EU has disadvantaged some countries, like Greece, where it has been more expensive to holiday there than previously, because of the currency being stronger with the Euro, than it was with an independent currency. This has lead to reduced tourist numbers, and a lapse in their economy. They would benefit from a weaker currency, given their huge reliance on a strong tourist sector.

lucs86
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 631 times

Post by lucs86 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:11 pm

claretdom wrote:Perhaps a better question would be, if there was to be a vote again would those in favour of remaining stick with the tactic of calling anybody of a different view a racist, a knuckle dragger or thick or any other buzz phrase used in the build up or would they try and explain why it would be so better to remain.

Who knows maybe you have even made 3% vote the other way with your constant superior complex and how you understand things so much better than others and had you not done this you could have won.

Those he keep harping on about it isn't fair due to 48% voting to remain, had the result been 52% in their favour not once would this be used as a reason to declare it an unfair result.
Because of course everybody who voted Leave behaved better throughout, were polite, debated rationally and never resorted to name-calling. The whole thing was a shambles and a massive cock-up by Cameron, the level of debate was absolutely rubbish, hysterical, shouty, lies and misinformation everywhere, and since the result it's carried on just as shambolically.

I voted remain and would do again. Since the result I've read things that have made me think things might not go quite so bad, certain opportunities to make things better outside the EU maybe, but it's still seems like it's going to hurt a lot more than any eventual benefit we'll see. Prospects are much more bleak than they needed to be, there's going to be more bad than good and I've zero faith that this Government will negotiate anything of actual benefit to the working classes that they are trying to use the Brexit vote to adopt.
This user liked this post: SammyBoy

Roosterbooster

Post by Roosterbooster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:I voted leave and all thats happened since has convinvced me I was correct to do so.
Would you care to enlighten us on what has happened so far that has convinced you?

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:30 pm

claretdom wrote:More good news Miss Krankie is giving the jocks another go.

Surely this time they will vote yes
An odd post. From your first sentence I guess you're not Scottish or in favour, yet you describe it as "good news".

An Eire in the EU and a Scotland in the EU with the other parts of the UK out of it could potentially be absolutely chaotic and dangerous.
There could potentially be all sorts of issues regarding Free movement of people, potential border controls, and security and more than a possibility that some financial services could relocate from the City to Edinburgh, where notionally at least they speak the same language.
The EU getting access to export goods freely to the UK via Scotland, which shares our border would presumably be very attractive to them if we go for a "hard" Brexit.
Then there's also the issue that with tens of thousands now applying for Irish EU passports there would be a rush for the new Scottish EU passport for all the Scots and descendants currently resident south of the border.

Dazzler
Been Liked: 881 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened.

Guich
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 598 times

Post by Guich » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Im_not_Robbie_Blake wrote:I voted to remain and would do the same again. However, in a democracy we go along with what the majority want, so Brexit it is for me!
That's crossed my mind too. I voted remain but have to say I'm getting a little tired of the desperation for the exit to be a catastrophe on the part of too many people who are convinced they knew and still know better. There will be losers and winners but trying to talk down our chances at every opportunity is peevish. I know a few people who voted remain and have said they would now switch to leave.
These 2 users liked this post: biggles SussexDon1inIreland

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:34 pm

I voted Out and still would.

Glad to see the de-valuation of the pound it will be good for our exports. The pound has been over valued with the Euro and the dollar it will make us more competitive.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Dazzler
Been Liked: 881 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... to-london/

The future is bright..The future is orange
Last edited by Dazzler on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggles
Been Liked: 182 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by biggles » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:37 pm

I voted to leave. the EU is just another corrupt [Blatter being a prime example] Brit hating gang of euro bullies. The EU is on a course to collapse and is run by Germany and France. They, in particular, seem to see nothing our way. They hit us with regulations which no other countries adhere to, but us, being cricketers, try to play by their rules. I believe in the UK and I believe we will be better off outside the EU. Our future is now in our hands and I for one am glad of it. Don't ask me to provide evidence for the above, it would take too long to find enough and tbh I don't even care if some of the above isn't even accurate. It's how I feel about the EU and I would rather the UK went it alone [well, not alone but with the potential of the rest of the world to do business with. we've made the right decision imho. I think other EU countries will leave before too long and we'll form a different trade block with them. The UK did not vote [when was it? 1971? to join a European Federation, which seems to be what Germany and France want it to become. We only voted to join 'the common market' for trade only. In fact I would imagine that most people who voted in the recent referendum didn't actually vote to join the common market as they were too young to vote back then.
These 4 users liked this post: Healeywoodclaret Paul Waine Dazzler SussexDon1inIreland

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Don't ask me to provide evidence for the above, it would take too long to find enough and tbh I don't even care if some of the above isn't even accurate.
Sorry, did someone say something about being insulted by people implying that people voting leave not all being there?
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile HelloHiGoodbye

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Top Claret wrote:I voted Out and still would.

Glad to see the de-valuation of the pound it will be good for our exports. The pound has been over valued with the Euro and the dollar it will make us more competitive.
So what do you actually export? and are you and your family immune to the potentially damaging impact of big price hikes on essential goods?. To the hardworking low paid worker, the disabled on benefits or the elderly on a fixed income (+ other groups in society) there's little to celebrate in perhaps a 10 % hike in food and fuel prices. In some cases it will be go cold or go hungry. I can see the food banks flourishing this winter unless the significant increase in the cost of importing fuel and food are somehow absorbed by the companies, but I can't see that lasting for very long.
It's ok to support "leave" but let's not try to pretend that in the short term the majority of us should be "glad" that the price of essential goods is due to increase.

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:58 pm

joey13 wrote:Where's that , America,Australia,Canada ?
Aruba, 2 weeks in a great 5* hotel all inclusive for £1400 each.

Guich
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 598 times

Post by Guich » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Exporters employ a lot of working class people, and if the UK can build up its manufacturing base and increase overseas sales worldwide then our over reliance on services and banking will reduce. There's a long way to go, but a starting point will be to persuade more school leavers to take up apprenticeships rather than set of the 'Uni' and watch daytime telly for three years at an exorbitant cost.

The UK needs to be strong enough in industry to remain competitive when sterling inevitably rises again. Let's get on with it.
This user liked this post: Healeywoodclaret

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:14 pm

biggles wrote:I voted to leave. the EU is just another corrupt [Blatter being a prime example] Brit hating gang of euro bullies. The EU is on a course to collapse and is run by Germany and France. They, in particular, seem to see nothing our way. They hit us with regulations which no other countries adhere to, but us, being cricketers, try to play by their rules. I believe in the UK and I believe we will be better off outside the EU. Our future is now in our hands and I for one am glad of it. Don't ask me to provide evidence for the above, it would take too long to find enough and tbh I don't even care if some of the above isn't even accurate. It's how I feel about the EU and I would rather the UK went it alone [well, not alone but with the potential of the rest of the world to do business with. we've made the right decision imho. I think other EU countries will leave before too long and we'll form a different trade block with them. The UK did not vote [when was it? 1971? to join a European Federation, which seems to be what Germany and France want it to become. We only voted to join 'the common market' for trade only. In fact I would imagine that most people who voted in the recent referendum didn't actually vote to join the common market as they were too young to vote back then.
Correct Biggles not many posters on here voted to join the common market. We were too young and therefore had no say. Correct again other EU countries will leave before too long, because it's not working for them either. As I mentioned on the original thread EU in or out Rats leaving a Sinking Ship springs to mind.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I'd vote remain again. But can we guarantee that Cameron would still quit?

biggles

Post by biggles » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Lancaster - i'm sure there have been many comments from 'remainers' about the mental state of us 'leavers'. feel free to search the internet for them ;)

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2351 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Roosterbooster wrote:Would you care to enlighten us on what has happened so far that has convinced you?
If I can add my response to this question:
1) David Cameron and George Osborne have both resigned;
2) Theresa May is our new Prime Minister;
3) Some EU leaders are threatening "punishment" for UK voting leave;
4) Some of the "experts" have reversed their "doom and gloom" forecast, one or two might even have apologised;

But (or should that be "and"),
5) the "remoaners" are still moaning.

Yes, a lot to be worked out through Article 50 and the 2 years following. Given time the "remoaners" will be silent. Eventually, just like the debate about the "doom and gloom" if the UK didn't join the euro, the "remoaners" will also be cheer leaders for democracy and the quality of he electorates' decisions.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:Aruba, 2 weeks in a great 5* hotel all inclusive for £1400 each.
Bargain

Barry_Chuckle

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:45 pm

joey13 wrote:Bargain
I'd recommend Joey.....the Tamarijn Aruba if you fancy it :)

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Sorry would never go back to the Caribbean, lazy bar stewards

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:55 pm

biggles wrote:I voted to leave. the EU is just another corrupt [Blatter being a prime example] Brit hating gang of euro bullies. The EU is on a course to collapse and is run by Germany and France. They, in particular, seem to see nothing our way. They hit us with regulations which no other countries adhere to, but us, being cricketers, try to play by their rules. I believe in the UK and I believe we will be better off outside the EU. Our future is now in our hands and I for one am glad of it. Don't ask me to provide evidence for the above, it would take too long to find enough and tbh I don't even care if some of the above isn't even accurate. It's how I feel about the EU and I would rather the UK went it alone [well, not alone but with the potential of the rest of the world to do business with. we've made the right decision imho. I think other EU countries will leave before too long and we'll form a different trade block with them. The UK did not vote [when was it? 1971? to join a European Federation, which seems to be what Germany and France want it to become. We only voted to join 'the common market' for trade only. In fact I would imagine that most people who voted in the recent referendum didn't actually vote to join the common market as they were too young to vote back then.
I voted in 1975 - the referendum was introduce by Harold Wilson 2/3 years after the UK had joined the EEC under Ted Heath. I was thrilled when parliament voted to support the UK joining the EEC (think this vote was 1971). I also enthusiastically voted "yes" in the 1975 referendum. (Yes, I'm now a "grumpy old man").

Over the years, the EEC has morphed into the EU - and while the UK, generally, has continued to play cricket, France has played boules and Germany, given their history, has found it better to let the French play boules.

As I've posted a number of times, the EU friendly decision is for the UK to leave the "EU boules club" rather than try to accommodate and remain in a combined "cricket and boules" league.

Yes, I was enthusiastic in 1975. Through the 1990s and 2000s, when I've worked in areas subject to multiple EU regulatory actions and met with a number of EU officials, I've become increasingly certain that for the good of all the people of Europe the EU needs to reform and take a new direction away from the "ever closer, federal union." And, as the EU leadership is determined to see their wishes implemented, the only sensible, friendly and peaceful option for the UK, for the good of all the EU, is to exit.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland biggles

lakesclaret
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by lakesclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Voted remain and probs JUST about vote the same. However being one for respecting a vote it's a shame those paragons of virtuosity and democracy( lefties and luvvies etc)have squealed and bitched and stomped their feet. Imagine how refreshing and positive if Corbyn and co actually said " we don't like it but, let's make a bloody good go at this and show the British people we're a proud patriotic party and a feasible opposition" as opposed to the farcical scaremongering and virtually willing failure.
This user liked this post: Dazzler

lakesclaret
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by lakesclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 pm

*virtue... bloody spellcheck

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:03 pm

dsr wrote:The one about the Prime Minister and Chancellor stopping on, with an emergency budget abolishing child allowance and adding umpty pence on income tax? Oh no, that wasn't one of theirs, was it.

So you can't name one thing from Vote Leave that hasn't since been walked back?

Roosterbooster

Post by Roosterbooster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Paul Waine wrote:If I can add my response to this question:
1) David Cameron and George Osborne have both resigned;
2) Theresa May is our new Prime Minister;
3) Some EU leaders are threatening "punishment" for UK voting leave;
4) Some of the "experts" have reversed their "doom and gloom" forecast, one or two might even have apologised;

Yes, a lot to be worked out through Article 50 and the 2 years following. Given time the "remoaners" will be silent. Eventually, just like the debate about the "doom and gloom" if the UK didn't join the euro, the "remoaners" will also be cheer leaders for democracy and the quality of he electorates' decisions.
So nothing to do with actually being in or out of the EU then????

This is just a list of things that have happened that have nothing to do with the EU, are neither beneficial or disadvantageous, are Irrelevent, or are just mere speculation based on nothing but hearsay...

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:15 pm

It fascinates me how woefully ill-informed some people are that they think leaving the EU is going to help the working class.

These people have voted to remove us from an EU that has laws protecting working people by requiring its member nations to protect collective bargaining, protect maternity and paternity leave, protect holiday pay, protect sick pay, etc. and have given this Tory government (who many Leave voters think will be in for a decade or longer "because Corbyn") the responsibility of protecting all these workers' rights.

It's like removing the fence surrounding a chicken coop and saying "don't worry, the foxes will keep an eye on things".

It's the dumbest thing we've ever done as a country.
These 4 users liked this post: Greenmile HelloHiGoodbye ngsobob SammyBoy

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:So you can't name one thing from Vote Leave that hasn't since been walked back?
Vote Leave said we would leave the EU. That's going to happen. Be content.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:22 pm

It's far too early to decide if the vote was right or wrong. I voted leave.

We haven't triggered A50 yet, we haven't left yet people are jumping on every opportunity to say "told you so".

This is supposedly a decision that can never be reversed and is for the next 2-3 generations as a minimum. As such, I'd suggest 3 months, in which we haven't yet taken the critical steps, is not enough time to judge whether the result was tight or wrong.

To quote Sean Dyche, there has to be a reality to the situation. We don't know that reality yet, we haven't actually left. That applies to us and the countries that remain in Europe.

There is lots of posturing at the moment from various leaders etc I think there is hope we will change our mind, will they retain the same position when the reality hits and we trigger Article 50?

Time will tell.

As it is though, there's not much to see!

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:24 pm

I suppose I'll just have to be happy being 'woefully illinformed'.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:25 pm

dsr wrote:Vote Leave said we would leave the EU. That's going to happen. Be content.
So you still can't think of anything they said that they haven't walked back.

How are you not embarrassed?

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:30 pm

The europeans constant SABRe rattling, saying we have to have to have hard Brexit.

Fine, lets not have access to the single market all. lets see how the EU people react when the remaining countries have to fill the gap of one of the biggest contributers.

Yes it will be a shame we cannot buy Mercs and Audi's etc. Around 20% of Germanies and France's motor industry people will be laid of. We will just have to buy Nissans and Toyotas built in Britain.

Or alternatively they need to accept the EU has to change and evolve, if they dont its going to break up anyway.

Barry_Chuckle

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:36 pm

So Imploding Turtle, everyone who doesn't hold the same opinion as you are Dumb, you are the font of all knowledge and everyone else are inferior.

You do know that you come across as a right self opinionated w*nker at times don't you?
This user liked this post: biggles

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:39 pm

Actually I think I'd change my vote to remain.

IT and his infinite wisdom has encouraged me to change my mind.

Plus, I still can't believe that bus lied to me.

Roosterbooster

Post by Roosterbooster » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:So Imploding Turtle, everyone who doesn't hold the same opinion as you are Dumb, you are the font of all knowledge and everyone else are inferior.

You do know that you come across as a right self opinionated w*nker at times don't you?
He does indeed. But self opinionated w*nkers are often right a lot of the time. And IT's argument actually makes sense. I think people would happily disagree with him, regardless of whether or not his point of view is intelligent or reflective, because of his "personality". It also seems people voted to leave because they didn't like the "personality" of the establishment... The arguments made were irrelevant. People didn't listen to those. It probably also explains why people still can't give coherent reasons as to why they voted to leave. Every argument made is shot down with such ease.

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm just so grateful for all those people who have pointed out that the majority who voted didn't know what they were doing. We just didn't understand the consequences. The Labour party set the right example by having a second go at getting the right result and that worked really well.

Of course the slide in the pound has nothing to do with Remainers fortunately consistently pointing out the errors of our ways and thankfully trying to put things right by blocking Brexit and surprisingly allowing speculators to reap the benefit of varying exchange rates. I mean it even nearly affected the price of Marmite for heaven's sake. One can only imagine the chaos that would be caused if the politicians accepted the Referendum result and worked together to find a deal that would suit Britain best. One would hate to upset the French and Germans. They've only had our best interests at heart after all.

Of course we can't have any pre negotiation discussions until A50 is triggered. Fortunately the very fair warnings from German and French politicians don't count as pre negotiation discussions. It's not as if they are posturing threats or anything.

Thank god our righteous and ethically cleansed politicians know what we want and what's best for us. It's not as if some of them may be looking for some averagely paid future jobs in the EU so they can make ends meet. We could have a thriving economy like Spain and Greece where they have it so lucky being able to enjoy all that sun without having to spend all day at work.

And if those Americans do something bad like electing Trump as President then that election can be annulled and they can vote again and again until they get it right.

biggles

Post by biggles » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:51 pm

IT just likes to wind people up. i mean, that's got to be it, surely? unless he really is as brilliant and foresighted as he would like us all to believe. blimey, i wish he'd given me his opinion before i voted 'leave'; i'd never have done that if i'd known what IT [alone] knows. now i really do feel dumb.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:54 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:So Imploding Turtle, everyone who doesn't hold the same opinion as you are Dumb, you are the font of all knowledge and everyone else are inferior.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to think I said anything like that.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:02 pm

I had a slight advantage in that for 6 months before the vote I worked with a Norwegien Grad. We discussed the norway version of the EU agreement which basically meant we pay the same, we allow free movement, but get no benefits. That was not what we want so not an option I was voting for. So I knew the bus was lies as were most of the other things the leave campaign said.
However, I do not want to be part of the federal states of europe, especially as most of them hate us as a nation, when I worked in France they were very open in saying that the only people they hate more than the British is the Germans.

There are going to be some very hard times ahead, but I think we are a nation that can take it on and come out stronger.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:02 pm

I would vote remain again. Especially when considering how quickly the leave campaign rowed back on their promises.

And Dazzler - that article is a lot of nonsense. Any suggestion that Farage, Gove, Johnson, and the rest aren't part of the political establishment is nuts. And in no way does anyone from UKIP or the Conservatives speak for disenchanted working class people. Look at their policies.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:10 pm

I liked the private email I got from our CEo saying dont vote leave as we do 20% of our business with EU.

Then after the vote getting one saying dont worry we do 80% of our business outside the EU and most EU airlines rent anyway so wont have any effect.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:16 pm

Don't ask me to provide evidence for the above, it would take too long to find enough and tbh I don't even care if some of the above isn't even accurate.
Worth posting again, just in case anyone still thinks everyone who voted leave did some proper research
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:18 pm

IT, I worked under the left wing unions that Corbyn promises.
They stifled british industry and in many ways crippled it.
I remember my first experiance of my mentor telling me to pack away my tools and get ready to go to the pub, what was I drinking, orders rang through to the land lord.
All because the boss had taken a lad into the office to tell him off, the shop steward went in and said if the boss didnt apologise we were going on strike. Boss refused,
Twenty minutes later I am sat in a pub for four hours till the boss apologised.
No matter he was guilty, just an excuse to go to the pub by the workers driven by the union.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Roosterbooster wrote:So nothing to do with actually being in or out of the EU then????

This is just a list of things that have happened that have nothing to do with the EU, are neither beneficial or disadvantageous, are Irrelevent, or are just mere speculation based on nothing but hearsay..."...
Hi Rooster,

Sorry, I'm struggling... Did I misunderstand the original question?

What have my comments got to do with the EU and the benefits of leaving?

1) David Cameron and George Osborne have both resigned: Didn't DC resign because he lost the referendum? Ditto GO is out because he lead the "project fear" campaign? Both of them had "out-lived" their usefulness to UK Government.
2) Theresa May is our new Prime Minister: Isn't TM PM because DC resigned? Isn't TM's leadership offering much more to "the country's taste" than any alternative? I much prefer a "grammar school" PM than an Eton public school boy.
3) Some EU leaders are threatening "punishment" for UK voting leave: doesn't their response to the vote show that the UK was right to vote leave? does their response indicate that they didn't want us to leave? Does their response show what they thought of the UK while we were (and still are) EU members? Should the UK stay where we aren't wanted? And, what does it say about the EU if their response to the UK leaving is to threaten the UK - and by implication any other member(s) that has the temerity to consider leaving? (Kind of the opposite of Marx's comment, "I wouldn't want to be the member of any club that would want me as a member.")
4) Some of the "experts" have reversed their "doom and gloom" forecast, one or two might even have apologised: So, some of the "project fear" campaign is admitted to be no more than exaggerated, worst case, "doom and gloom" pronouncements from many "experts" with no truth to their "project fear" claims. Does that not speak to the right or wrong way to cast your vote in the referendum?

You suggest my list is "just a list of things that have happened that have nothing to do with the EU, are neither beneficial or disadvantageous, are irrelevant, or are just mere speculation based on nothing but hearsay..."

I contend that all 5 have "everything to do with the EU" and the referendum."
1 and 2 are "beneficial and advantageous."
3 speaks to the nature of the EU.
4 reverses some of the "facts" that "project fear" threatened.
And 5 explains why we continue to have these debates - rather than, as others have posted, have graciously accepted the result of the referendum, recognised the rights of our fellow citizens to hold these opinions and expressed these views and moved on together to make a success of the new opportunities that arise from Brexit.

android
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:32 pm

It would be a lot easier to answer the original question if we all had access to the same information as Imploding Turtle.

Apparently we are going to have to pay in the same amount of money as currently to the EU in order to continue trading with it. Can't see how anyone in any government in the world knows this at the moment. But fortunately for us IT knows so please share the figure with us?

Also IT seems to know the immigration figures from the EU after we have left so again please share these figures with us?