Dyche has to go

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: Dyche has to go

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Who do you suggest?
I think it would be stupid of me to suggest anyone with PL experience without knowing the finances. Fat Sam with a huge survival bonus would keep us up, I believe in this group of players.

Bacchus
Been Liked: 599 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Bacchus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Get rid of him now? That would be premature. If we don't, in the fairly near future, start to look like a team capable of competing well enough both home and away to give us a chance of staying up then I'd certainly consider it. The conventional logic is that he's going at the end of the season either way - so unless he looks like keeping us up (or that logic is well wide of the mark) there isn't a great deal of point in delaying the process of replacing him.

Of course there is no point just getting rid for the sake of it - we'd need to have a viable alternative lined up. I'd hope that the board are constantly looking at that though given the way we were caught cold when Coyle went.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:09 pm

KRBFC wrote:I think it would be stupid of me to suggest anyone with PL experience without knowing the finances. Fat Sam with a huge survival bonus would keep us up, I believe in this group of players.
Not as stupid as it is to suggest Dyche should go without an idea of who could replace him.

Other than Fat Sam, who would be well out of our price range, there aren't many "PL managers" out there.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Not as stupid as it is to suggest Dyche should go without an idea of who could replace him.

Other than Fat Sam, who would be well out of our price range, there aren't many "PL managers" out there.
It's not my job to hire managers.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:14 pm

KRBFC wrote:A short term contract until the end of the season with a large bonus based on survival.
And we'd need to terminate Dyche's contract with no promises of us surviving. It wouldn't make any sense.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:21 pm

KRBFC wrote:It's not my job to hire managers.
It's not your job to fire them either, but you're happy enough to suggest it.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:23 pm

FactualFrank wrote:And we'd need to terminate Dyche's contract with no promises of us surviving. It wouldn't make any sense.
I think it depends whether or not you think a different manager would give us a better chance at survival and what is more important, survival or sentiment to Dyche.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1770 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:24 pm

It's not a case of sacking him and then appointing after he's gone, but I think the powers that be at the club should be having a think about life after Dyche.

No-one can argue with what he has done for Burnley Football Club, but is Sean Dyche the man to keep Burnley in the Premier League and keep them there and beyond?

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:27 pm

KRBFC wrote:I think it depends whether or not you think a different manager would give us a better chance at survival and what is more important, survival or sentiment to Dyche.
Sentiment has nothing to do with it. It's the money we'd be paying him to leave, not whether or not he'd be upset.

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:32 pm

KRBFC wrote:Thanks for everything but he simply isn't up to it. Another embarrassing hammering where we never looked capable of getting anything out of the game. This was a repeat of Leicester, we set up to lose 1-0 and not 4-0, soon as they score we are knackered and heads drop. How does Dyche react? He doesn't until it's to late.

Soton had 38 attempts at our goal, we didnt even muster a shot on target (pen aside). We had around 20% of the ball, negative long ball defensive timewasting tactics, all we are doing is seemingly delaying the inevitable thrashing because we aren't willing to try and actually win a game.

Some managers are good at getting out of the Championship but useless at PL level. Ady Bothroyd and Paul Jewell both have promotions from the Championship on their CV.

The question now is, do we accept this inept negative crap or do we be proactive and selfish and give BFC the best chance possible at survival? Many believe this is Dyche's last season with us so why wait until we are relegated to move on.
For premier league level, you've not got very good players. IMO he's doing the best he can.
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Claretrew

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1043 times
Has Liked: 993 times

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Wagner, is having a good run at the moment, lets see what happens when a few results go against him.

Nice to see claptrappers back with his usual bandwagon jumping and KBRFC being KBRFC.

Twice in three seasons we have been promoted, Sean Dyche is responsible for that. I will concur that the style may not be to my liking, but I wouldn't swap that for two promotions.
Losing to Leicester, Chelsea and Southampton is no disgrace, arguably the performances could have been better and in opposition to KBRFC, it is the results against teams around us that will determine whether we stay up or not, not losing to three teams that will finish in the top ten.

The performances against Watford and Arsenal using this system, although not yielding the four points we deserved, showed that we can compete at this level. We have 7 points, we are out of the bottom three.

Yes we need to improve, yes we need to cut out the mistakes, yes we need to defend better at corners, yes we need to strengthen in January.

The Board will not sack Dyche and a few dissenters on a message board every time we get beat will not change that. Dyche may not keep us up, but he can get us back up if we go back down, I can cope with that because it is realistic, sacking Dyche and hoping that the new person may or may not keep us up is a gamble, not gamble that this Board will take. Dyche and this club have made massive strides in the last three seasons, yo-yoing isn't a bad thing and we are going in the right direction, irrespective of what a few on here think.
Last edited by MrTopTier on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Tall Paul Rumpelstiltskin Claretrew

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3163 times
Has Liked: 6754 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Saxoman wrote:For premier league level, you've not got very good players. IMO he's doing the best he can.
You could say that, but his main failure as I see it is overpdependance on a specific first 11. This was a problem waiting to happen last season and we managed to get away with it. No game changers!
This user liked this post: nutsinmay

Cooperclaret
Been Liked: 283 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Post by Cooperclaret » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:36 pm

I seriously can not believe what I am reading on this so called thread.

Yeah ok then, let's sack the best ever thing that's ever happened to Burnley Football Club and appoint A Lard Ass - great !!

Short memories from so called "fans" on this crap.

One comment about O'Neill has made my mind up about this forum - I'm gone !!

KBRFC and others - well done, you have won
These 8 users liked this post: Claretnick Shore claret SussexDon1inIreland THEWELLERNUT70 CumbrianClaret gawthorpe_view Joey is no kant Goodclaret

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Cooperclaret wrote:I seriously can not believe what I am reading on this so called thread.

Yeah ok then, let's sack the best ever thing that's ever happened to Burnley Football Club and appoint A Lard Ass - great !!

Shut the door on your way out, I can feel a draft.

MrTopTier

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:41 pm

draught..

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:42 pm

I'm not 'jumping on the band wagon' with anyone, I'm quite happy to express my own opinion thanks.

I'm just considering the bigger picture and that's staying and establishing the club in the top flight. And looking at the games Sean Dyche has managed Burnley Football Club in Premier League so far, I don't believe there is enough evidence to suggest he, or the club can do it.

MrTopTier

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:46 pm

Happy for you to express your opinions, where you asking for Dyche to go after the Watford or Arsenal games?

Saxoman

Post by Saxoman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:47 pm

If your board is not gonna release circa 50m for players, you were defiantly gonna struggle badly to stay up, you may have struggled even if they had. That's the price of premier league football, for all your mocking of rovers.

You believed you could be the first to do the premier league on the cheap, now you are finding out its just not possible. Risk is necessary.
Last edited by Saxoman on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Sorry KRBFC, I missed your suggestion earlier in this thread of the Huddersfield manager, Wagner.

lol

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Saxoman wrote:If your board is not gonna release circa 50m for players, you were defiantly gonna struggle badly to stay up, you may have struggled even if they had. That's the price of premier league football, for all your mocking of rovers.
I don't believe Dyche is getting the best out of the players available to him.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6457 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Saxoman wrote:If your board is not gonna release circa 50m for players, you were defiantly gonna struggle badly to stay up, you may have struggled even if they had. That's the price of premier league football, for all your mocking of rovers.
Thanks Saxo, yours is an honest opinion and I appreciate it. I personally don't like to mock Rovers but I will enjoy our time above you while it lasts.

Hope you're well

MrTopTier

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:53 pm

I don't believe Dyche is getting the best out of the players available to him.
Watford and Arsenal, we didn't look to shabby did we.

Saxoman

Post by Saxoman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Watford was an excellent performance, really good direct football display. Focus on the positives.
This user liked this post: MrTopTier

MrTopTier

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:01 pm

Watford was an excellent performance, really good direct football display. Focus on the positives.
Oh Saxo you are so close, sure you don't want to swap sides, you must be due for a change now. ;)

Bacchus
Been Liked: 599 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Bacchus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:01 pm

People can keep mentioning the home results, and we've done okay. The problem is that unless we manage to pick up a few points away from home we're left needing win 10 or 11 home games to give ourselves a chance. That's completely unrealistic, so we need to start showing that we're anything other than cannon fodder away from home. So far we're a long, long way from doing that.

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:01 pm

I've never asked for Dyche to go.

I don't care what league Burnley play in. It's just my opinion that if Burnley want to be an established Premier League club they need a Premier League quality manager. That's simply my opinion.

But if we fail to stay in the top flight, Dyche will eventually leave and we will be appointing a new manager anyway.

And if we do stay up, Dyche may have earned enough credit to accept a new challenge at another Premier League club and will most probably leave for new horizons anyway...

I can't see him staying at Turf Moor after this season either way, so I think the club should start considering options.

Saxoman

Post by Saxoman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:03 pm

MrTopTier wrote:Oh Saxo you are so close, sure you don't want to swap sides, you must be due for a change now. ;)
Good football is where you find it. I'll always call a good display, even from man united.. Maybe..

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Every single defeat brings the same shite from the OP.

Wagner? Just lol, so your grand plan is to replace our manager that guided us to the Championship title last season with a complete unknown with zero Premier league experience, in October with us lying in 14th position, having spent no time whatsoever in the bottom three throughout the entire season?

Did you not also previously suggest Di Canio as an alternative to Dyche as well?
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

ShabbaRanks
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:I genuinely though the mods were serious when they ask people to complain about certain posts and posters.
Claret Tony only spends 10-15 hours a day on the site, he doesn't have nearly enough time to proactively monitor sh1tposting in between writing articles and posting on the forum.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Cooperclaret wrote:I seriously can not believe what I am reading on this so called thread.

I'm close myself , I constantly have to give my head a wobble over some people on here, the idiots are overtaking the sensible posters

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Shore claret wrote:I'm close myself , I constantly have to give my head a wobble over some people on here, the idiots are overtaking the sensible posters
In your opinion. By idiots you mean people who you disagree with?

ShabbaRanks
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by ShabbaRanks » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:12 pm

On another note, I don't understand why folk allow posts on a message board to file them so.

Imagine how you'd react in the pub if a young lad who spends the majority of his time playing computer games and posts on an Internet forum was attempting to tell you we should sack dyche?

You'd either humour him and politely make your excuses as you attempt to find your way back to your friends and warn them about the oddball at the bar or you'd tell him to let the grown ups speak.

Just relax yourselves.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Dyche doesn't need to 'go' anywhere but I feel it's perfectly reasonable to suggest he needs to re-think his strategy away from home.

Setting up for a 0-0 and maybe trying to nick a 0-1 is all well and good but you just kinda sense it's game over as soon as we concede one as we just don't look to have any kind of goal threat-it's ok saying he doesn't have the players to change the approach but with the exception of Marney are they not all 'his' players?

We can whinge all we want about referees favouring the 'bigger' teams (and I'll never be convinced otherwise and we're certainly not the only'underdog' side to suffer from it) but our gameplan goes out of the window anyway when we keep conceding goals from dead ball situations.
This user liked this post: nutsinmay

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:16 pm

KRBFC wrote:In your opinion. By idiots you mean people who you disagree with?
Nope I've no problems with people that disagree with me , I wouldn't still be married if I did, you sir are a grade a knob

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:16 pm

ShabbaRanks wrote:On another note, I don't understand why folk allow posts on a message board to file them so.

Imagine how you'd react in the pub if a young lad who spends the majority of his time playing computer games and posts on an Internet forum was attempting to tell you we should sack dyche?

You'd either humour him and politely make your excuses as you attempt to find your way back to your friends and warn them about the oddball at the bar or you'd tell him to let the grown ups speak.

Just relax yourselves.
The majority on here would either:
A) breakdown into tears after hearing a different opinion
B) agree with the opinion to kiss ass then bitch about it on here (a bit like Leisure who was agreeing with every negative comment I made when I travelled on his coach, doesn't come across like that on here though)

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 519 times

Post by beddie » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:17 pm

It sounds like smilar things are happening up at Boro. Lots calling for Karanka to go.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:21 pm

You believed you could be the first to do the premier league on the cheap, now you are finding out its just not possible. Risk is necessary.
We need to spend double what Newcastle spent last season because they clearly had a better team and still went down after spending ridiculous amounts of money.

MrTopTier

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:23 pm

It sounds like smilar things are happening up at Boro. Lots calling for Karanka to go.
Not surprised, KBRFC posts on that board as well.
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Saxoman

Post by Saxoman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:25 pm

Sidney1st wrote:We need to spend double what Newcastle spent last season because they clearly had a better team and still went down after spending ridiculous amounts of money.
I'm just stating my opinion that premier league survival is not possible without risk. It is just that, only my opinion. In stating it I'm also defending rovers spending policy and wage structure during the prem years as a necessary evil if we wanted to maintain our status at that level.
Last edited by Saxoman on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Taking financial advice from the supporter of a club in £120 million of debt through spending what they couldn't afford is akin to taking advice on how to avoid being in the media from Kim Kardashian.

Saxoman

Post by Saxoman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Braindead wrote:Taking financial advice from the supporter of a club in £120 million of debt through spending what they couldn't afford is akin to taking advice on how to avoid being in the media from Kim Kardashian.
See above.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:14 pm

MrTopTier wrote:Not surprised, KBRFC posts on that board as well.
At least spell my username correctly, not difficult isit? I certainly don't post on any other forum but this one.

MrTopTier

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:23 pm

At least spell my username correctly, not difficult isit? I certainly don't post on any other forum but this one.
Why should I. Wouldn't have thought a little thing like getting your username wrong would annoy you, but now I know it does I will carry on.

What did you have for your tea KBRFC?

MrTopTier

Post by MrTopTier » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 pm

isit should have a space between it, people in glass houses and all that

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Always worry about how excited posters like KRBFC get after a defeat!

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am

They never seem to get excited after a win or draw though.

hampsteadclaret
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 802 times

Post by hampsteadclaret » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:28 am

As soon as the final whistle goes, this tw@t can't wait to get on here and post his cr@p.
He is not a Burnley fan please get rid of him.

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:14 am

KRBFC wrote:
    There is no guarantees in football, I posed the question "Do we be selfish and give BFC the best chance at survival?" Clearly I think our best chance is to replace Dyche.
    I don't agree that Dyche should go. He is still settling into Premier League management, still has a lot to learn in this league but what is all this KRBFC bashing. That's what thus message board is for. It is for posters to express their opinions, discuss and debate.

Jakubclaret
    Been Liked: 1183 times
    Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:14 am

I'm not advocating getting shut now that would be hasty when we are if we are marooned in the bottom 3 I would be in the dyche out camp. Dyche has already demonstrated he's a 1 trick pony in this league & some of the signings tactics substitutions leave alot to be desired. If the overall gameplan is to go up go down over successive seasons we've got the man in place if it's different then we gotta get someone else who knows this league.

jlup1980
    Been Liked: 858 times
    Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:36 am

Are people really saying it's time for Dyche to go? We play Everton and United next. That'll take us to 10 games. Look back at the games we've played at that point and tell me a minimum of 7 points is a poor return.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Leicester and Southampton were all in the top 10 last season. Compare our first 10 games to Middlesboro for example. They've played Everton and Spurs so far and have Arsenal and Bournemouth up next. So after 10 games they will have played 3 of last seasons top 10; we will have played 7... and we have more points than them!

I'd argue we have the hardest first ten games of the season in the league this year. And we've been without Gray for 4 of them! I wonder what some people expect.

November and December are key. Basically the remaining 9 games to get us to the half way point. City and Spurs look like dead rubbers on paper but the rest, going off current form, are games we can get points from; West Brom, Palace, Stoke, West Ham, Bournemouth, Boro and Sunderland.

UTC!
    These 9 users liked this post: Tall Paul Rick_Muller evensteadiereddie CnBtruntru JohnMac eyebrowchicken longsidepies THEWELLERNUT70 paulus the woodgnome