European domination . . very dangerous

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

European domination . . very dangerous

Post by LordBob » Thu May 09, 2019 11:27 pm

The last time English football dominated the European scene UEFA gave us Heysel, we may have to wait until 2022 but if we continue to dominate something has to happen. Any idea's anyone.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: European domination . . very dangerous

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu May 09, 2019 11:30 pm

Try as we might, we just can't seem to leave Europe. :D

(Brexit to blame, obviously)

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu May 09, 2019 11:37 pm

LordBob wrote:The last time English football dominated the European scene UEFA gave us Heysel, we may have to wait until 2022 but if we continue to dominate something has to happen. Any idea's anyone.
Are you suggesting that UEFA planned what happened at Heysel?

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 422 times
Has Liked: 4481 times

Post by MT03ALG » Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 pm

English clubs will soon be banned because of financial irregularities.

Test User
Been Liked: 89 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Test User » Fri May 10, 2019 12:04 am

It's the first time in history that the Champions League final, Europa League final and the Checkatrade Trophy are all contested by clubs from the same nation.

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Fri May 10, 2019 12:26 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:Are you suggesting that UEFA planned what happened at Heysel?
I believe it was orchestrated. Nobody wanted dead bodies but they didn't expect a wall to collapse. Thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets waited outside the stadium and then Juventus supporters were allowed in to the end of the ground allocated to Liverpool supporters, it was done to aggravate. UEFA wanted us out. Liverpool, Liverpool, Villa, Forest, Forest, Liverpool etc. they didn't want the domination it reduced income in European leagues, control is even worse now with the Sky billions . We all know how corrupt UEFA/FIFA are, it's the big cash cow and we provide the cash. I spent many years running a business in Belgium I employed people from various backgrounds and one particular man had a brother in law that also worked with us he had taken a retirement from the police force. He was equivalent to sergeant in our ranks and he was on duty that very night at the stadium. He had instructions, as all police officers had they expected trouble but not dead bodies. That stadium had had hardly a lick of paint since the Nazis put Belgium dissidents in there in the early 40s so why choose it for a final when they could have chosen better, with stronger walls. I know fans of City, United, Arsenal and so on that have a problem with remembering the tragedy at Hillsborough and not Heysel, the reason Heysel is subdued is UEFA don't want any questions asked until anyone that was involved is no longer with us . This is not a conspiracy theory but I'm not likely to be here when the truth is told.

Grimsdale
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Post by Grimsdale » Fri May 10, 2019 1:46 am

LordBob wrote: This is not a conspiracy theory
These 6 users liked this post: Greenmile Lord Beamish Stalbansclaret thatdberight tiger76 fidelcastro

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1099 times

Post by bfcmik » Fri May 10, 2019 4:03 am

LordBob wrote:I believe it was orchestrated. Nobody wanted dead bodies but they didn't expect a wall to collapse. Thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets waited outside the stadium and then Juventus supporters were allowed in to the end of the ground allocated to Liverpool supporters, it was done to aggravate. UEFA wanted us out. Liverpool, Liverpool, Villa, Forest, Forest, Liverpool etc. they didn't want the domination it reduced income in European leagues, control is even worse now with the Sky billions . We all know how corrupt UEFA/FIFA are, it's the big cash cow and we provide the cash. I spent many years running a business in Belgium I employed people from various backgrounds and one particular man had a brother in law that also worked with us he had taken a retirement from the police force. He was equivalent to sergeant in our ranks and he was on duty that very night at the stadium. He had instructions, as all police officers had they expected trouble but not dead bodies. That stadium had had hardly a lick of paint since the Nazis put Belgium dissidents in there in the early 40s so why choose it for a final when they could have chosen better, with stronger walls. I know fans of City, United, Arsenal and so on that have a problem with remembering the tragedy at Hillsborough and not Heysel, the reason Heysel is subdued is UEFA don't want any questions asked until anyone that was involved is no longer with us . This is not a conspiracy theory but I'm not likely to be here when the truth is told.
How did UEFA manage to rig that year's competition to make sure Liverpool reached the final? The venue for the final has always been announced long before the start of the season - if not even further ahead than that. More likely that enough money was slipped into UEFA pockets a couple of years earlier to ensure that Heysal was given the right to hold the final despite being more in need of demolition than being filled with spectators.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri May 10, 2019 5:52 am

Jesus wept

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri May 10, 2019 6:26 am

Liverpool playing Juventus, and the police were told to expect trouble? How very suspicious.

On a similar note, last week there were clouds in the sky and I was advised to take an umbrella. Sure enough, it rained. Was my mother in a connspiracy to make it rain?
This user liked this post: Greenmile

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri May 10, 2019 7:19 am

Best / Worst lunatic conspiracy theory ever, good work.

There’s a reasonable point about how the success - and the revenue streams it provides - this season to the Big 6 is actually a possible danger to English football as they will look for even more ways to ensure this is guaranteed in the future and further cut themselves off from the rest.

But the OP isn’t it.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:44 am

LordBob wrote:I believe it was orchestrated. Nobody wanted dead bodies but they didn't expect a wall to collapse. Thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets waited outside the stadium and then Juventus supporters were allowed in to the end of the ground allocated to Liverpool supporters, it was done to aggravate. UEFA wanted us out. Liverpool, Liverpool, Villa, Forest, Forest, Liverpool etc. they didn't want the domination it reduced income in European leagues, control is even worse now with the Sky billions . We all know how corrupt UEFA/FIFA are, it's the big cash cow and we provide the cash. I spent many years running a business in Belgium I employed people from various backgrounds and one particular man had a brother in law that also worked with us he had taken a retirement from the police force. He was equivalent to sergeant in our ranks and he was on duty that very night at the stadium. He had instructions, as all police officers had they expected trouble but not dead bodies. That stadium had had hardly a lick of paint since the Nazis put Belgium dissidents in there in the early 40s so why choose it for a final when they could have chosen better, with stronger walls. I know fans of City, United, Arsenal and so on that have a problem with remembering the tragedy at Hillsborough and not Heysel, the reason Heysel is subdued is UEFA don't want any questions asked until anyone that was involved is no longer with us . This is not a conspiracy theory but I'm not likely to be here when the truth is told.
How interesting.

Venkys4eva
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by Venkys4eva » Fri May 10, 2019 7:47 am

bfcmik wrote:How did UEFA manage to rig that year's competition to make sure Liverpool reached the final? The venue for the final has always been announced long before the start of the season - if not even further ahead than that. More likely that enough money was slipped into UEFA pockets a couple of years earlier to ensure that Heysal was given the right to hold the final despite being more in need of demolition than being filled with spectators.
Don’t let facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory :lol:

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Fri May 10, 2019 7:51 am

Wow! Pass the tin foil, I need to make a new hat.
This user liked this post: Stalbansclaret

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri May 10, 2019 7:52 am

Paddy Power have nailed it

Club - Things to look forward to
Man City - Winning premier league
Liverpool - Champions League final
Spurs - Champions League final
Arsenal - Europa League final
Chelsea - Europa League final
Man United - Love Island starts in four weeks
These 3 users liked this post: Paulclaret Goobs bfcmik

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri May 10, 2019 8:12 am

wow.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Fri May 10, 2019 8:20 am

Who would have thunk it....Lord Bob is a full blown conspiraloon.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:21 am

LordBob wrote:The last time English football dominated the European scene UEFA gave us Heysel, we may have to wait until 2022 but if we continue to dominate something has to happen. Any idea's anyone.

England gave Heysel Liverpool

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri May 10, 2019 8:37 am

On a serious note, the anniversary of Bradford is tomorrow, very easy for me to remember as I got married the day before. That's right 34 years today and crying, I mean counting.
I watched it unfold on honeymoon in exotic Whitby, and it still wrenches me today. Spare a thought for them tomorrow.
These 3 users liked this post: bobinho Lancasterclaret Ashingtonclaret46

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Fri May 10, 2019 9:38 am

I will. I occasionally have seen the footage from VP, and it still shocks me to the bone - truly horrific.

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Fri May 10, 2019 9:47 am

Such a shame Chelsea got through.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri May 10, 2019 11:41 am

If Eufa wish to restrict the English teams, they may look into, what opportunity, UK leaving EU' presents, imit the mix of players.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri May 10, 2019 7:07 pm

I’m glad I asked.
These 3 users liked this post: thatdberight Greenmile morpheus2

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sat May 11, 2019 5:54 pm

Yes. Catchment area football as a sporting idea. I'd like to see a computer generated map of the UK football scene accordingly, based only on a 50 club country. Our club would likely be Pakistanley as the new demographic East Lancs. team in 2030. A bit like the Weber model in geography, Huddersfield to the east, Blackpool to the West and Carlisle to the North and Hearts, Mancs. to the South.

Then it's proper local football. Trouble is, folk would say it infringes on their rights to free labour, the right to work wherever. However if you know what the rules of the sport you're hoping to be a part of, then those are the rules. Politics and corruption may play a part, you have my permission. :-)

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Sun May 12, 2019 12:00 am

Wibble