War with Iran

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Test User
Been Liked: 89 times
Has Liked: 34 times

War with Iran

Post by Test User » Wed May 15, 2019 5:42 pm

The US are building up to a war, by the looks of it. Hopefully we stay well out of it.

Their withdrawal from the Nuclear deal was the beginning of it. Then Trump appointed John Bolton as his NSA, who has been calling for a war for a decade or two. Recently, and without evidence they're blaming Iran for the sabotage of 4 ships, they've sent a fleet over there to counter unspecified Iranian aggression and have plans to deploy an additional 130,000 troops to the region. And now the State Department has ordered all "non-emergency" government employees to leave Iraq for fear of "imminent attacks" supported by Iran on US personnel, again without details or evidence.

So what's the point of this thread? A sweepstake.

Pick a date for when war will be declared.

I'll start, July 5th, 2019. What better way to celebrate independence than to launch another war the next day?

Winner gets their name in the thread title.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Re: War with Iran

Post by Murger » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 pm

The EU Army will save the day.
These 2 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret Stayingup

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Wed May 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Don't worry, it will never come to war. There's a person called Turtle, who comes on here sometimes, is going to get rid of Trump fairly soon.
This user liked this post: Bullabill

gtclaret
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by gtclaret » Wed May 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Trump is playing their game. They know he is not a politician and doesn't do diplomacy, he is unpredictable, possibly crazy enough to launch an attack and not care what the world thinks. With Obama Iran know what they're dealing with so they can string them along, signing peace deals to get funding whilst continuing to build weapons and fund terrorism. As China have found out, they are dealing with an experienced business man who can smell bullshit, not some politician with no experience of real life. Will the real threat of an all out war made by someone who just may do it, we will see
This user liked this post: Stayingup

Test User

Post by Test User » Wed May 15, 2019 7:08 pm

gtclaret wrote:Trump is playing their game. They know he is not a politician and doesn't do diplomacy, he is unpredictable, possibly crazy enough to launch an attack and not care what the world thinks. With Obama Iran know what they're dealing with so they can string them along, signing peace deals to get funding whilst continuing to build weapons and fund terrorism. As China have found out, they are dealing with an experienced business man who can smell bullshit, not some politician with no experience of real life. Will the real threat of an all out war made by someone who just may do it, we will see

Apparently you can't smell bullshit.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed May 15, 2019 7:27 pm

gtclaret wrote:Trump is playing their game. They know he is not a politician and doesn't do diplomacy, he is unpredictable, possibly crazy enough to launch an attack and not care what the world thinks. With Obama Iran know what they're dealing with so they can string them along, signing peace deals to get funding whilst continuing to build weapons and fund terrorism. As China have found out, they are dealing with an experienced business man who can smell bullshit, not some politician with no experience of real life. Will the real threat of an all out war made by someone who just may do it, we will see
You are absolutely right with thar assessment.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 pm

I would say the opposite. I don’t get the impression Trump is good at taking advice from people who know what they’re doing (rather seems to prefer yes-men), and running a business (in his case into the ground in several instances) is vastly different to leading foreign policy. Being unpredictable - as Saddam Hussain, and other similar leaders have been will only take you so far.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed May 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Nazis always end up with war.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed May 15, 2019 8:31 pm

He may be an experienced businessman that doesn’t make him a good one! I read from his huge family inheritance he’s actually lost more money than he’s ever made!

Test User

Post by Test User » Wed May 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:He may be an experienced businessman that doesn’t make him a good one! I read from his huge family inheritance he’s actually lost more money than he’s ever made!

You just know when he starts his war, and the press raise questions as to the legitimacy of it all, he's going to accuse the press of hating America and being unpatriotic.

Test User

Post by Test User » Wed May 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:He may be an experienced businessman that doesn’t make him a good one! I read from his huge family inheritance he’s actually lost more money than he’s ever made!
I think he has quite a bit of money. Laundering it for Putin and his oligarchs is quite lucrative, I imagine.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Wed May 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texanclaret16
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Texanclaret16 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:39 pm

If it be your will wrote:It looks serious - it really does. The only thing making me wonder is the markets haven't moved. If they thought there was an imminent prospect of full scale Middle-East war you'd expect oil and gold to explode. They've barely budged.

So I'll go for a rather more delayed August 28th.
I just looked at the markets before I read this I could have saved time ah ah.

I will go September 1st need time to get everyone out troops ready and sent. Then trump needs to ensure his shares are in the right place for when the market does react :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Wed May 15, 2019 9:44 pm

IanMcL wrote:Nazis always end up with war.
Whose the Nazi then?

Ever heard of J. Stalin? Murdered more people last century, including his own family members, than anyone. Was he a Nazi? You want to read some history you do and put aside your naive prejudices.

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Wed May 15, 2019 9:46 pm

Oh dear. Clueless comment.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Wed May 15, 2019 9:49 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed May 15, 2019 9:51 pm

That's not strictly true. He just earned less money than if the money had been invested in the stock market and then ignored.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 pm

If that is the case I’ll go for February 1st 2020. This is when the air war begins. It gives Trump the whole summer for ground operations.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed May 15, 2019 9:55 pm

From BBC: President Trump declares a national emergency to protect US computer networks from "foreign adversaries"

Anyone know what IT is up to these days? ;)

Test User

Post by Test User » Wed May 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Stayingup wrote:Oh dear. Clueless comment.
The guy loves bragging about his business acumen, but is scared to death of anyone seeing his tax returns. And the only time a significant amount of his tax figures was leak it shows him losing over $1 billion in 10 years.

If you think he's a successful business man then that might be true, but only in the way that money launderers in billions of dollars of debt are successful business men.

On this occasion it is you who are the clueless one. Anyone who thinks Trump is a legitimately successful businessman is clueless.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Wed May 15, 2019 10:30 pm

Test User wrote:The guy loves bragging about his business acumen, but is scared to death of anyone seeing his tax returns. And the only time a significant amount of his tax figures was leak it shows him losing over $1 billion in 10 years.

If you think he's a successful business man then that might be true, but only in the way that money launderers in billions of dollars of debt are successful business men.

On this occasion it is you who are the clueless one. Anyone who thinks Trump is a legitimately successful businessman is clueless.
For the record I think I’m right in saying that Trump junior inherited an awful lot from his family, and rumour has it that money he has made is largely made with the cooperation of the mafia and in paying his bills very very late.

Test User

Post by Test User » Wed May 15, 2019 10:39 pm

South West Claret. wrote:For the record I think I’m right in saying that Trump junior inherited an awful lot from his family, and rumour has it that money he has made is largely made with the cooperation of the mafia and in paying his bills very very late.
I'm sure he and his cronies are also making a killing in market manipulation too with trade war rhetoric. Not something that would be legal for you or I, but as president he's allowed to profit from threatening economic stability, and so are members of congress. It used to be illegal, briefly, but the Republicans did away with that daft idea of being held to the same laws as the public.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu May 16, 2019 1:02 am

Stayingup wrote:Whose the Nazi then?

Ever heard of J. Stalin? Murdered more people last century, including his own family members, than anyone. Was he a Nazi? You want to read some history you do and put aside your naive prejudices.
SS material!

Your first phrase to learn:
"Jawohl mein Fuhrer" (umlaut on u but cant do that from my phone!

Predictive text interventions, noticed and corrected in edit!
Last edited by IanMcL on Thu May 16, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exilecanada
Been Liked: 232 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Thu May 16, 2019 2:10 am

Trump’s a crook, always been a crook, lies through his teeth, his attention span is that of a rodent. He ‘cut his teeth’ studying Mussolini, the father of fascism. However he covers his tracks very well, the only way he’ll be nailed is through tax offences…………..shades of Al Capone!

Trump’s an all around nasty piece of work, it’s beyond me why the ‘Murican rednecks who voted for him can’t see that!

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Thu May 16, 2019 7:34 am

Test User wrote:I'm sure he and his cronies are also making a killing in market manipulation too with trade war rhetoric. Not something that would be legal for you or I, but as president he's allowed to profit from threatening economic stability, and so are members of congress. It used to be illegal, briefly, but the Republicans did away with that daft idea of being held to the same laws as the public.
Oh yes I forgot about that, remember when Tramp was first elected he gave assurance that his work dealings were hived off to his son I think so on paper it's him who benefits any shorting of the market and gains made thereof.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 am

Has anyone taken the 3 weeks after he is impeached date ?

If not I will have that date

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am

I suppose it's about time the Yanks started another war, they haven't had one for a while and the arms dealers, military equipment manufacturers and helicopter builders (Sikorsky ;) ) will be getting a bit twitchy about their profit levels.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 am

Test User wrote:The US are building up to a war, by the looks of it. Hopefully we stay well out of it.

Their withdrawal from the Nuclear deal was the beginning of it. Then Trump appointed John Bolton as his NSA, who has been calling for a war for a decade or two. Recently, and without evidence they're blaming Iran for the sabotage of 4 ships, they've sent a fleet over there to counter unspecified Iranian aggression and have plans to deploy an additional 130,000 troops to the region. And now the State Department has ordered all "non-emergency" government employees to leave Iraq for fear of "imminent attacks" supported by Iran on US personnel, again without details or evidence.

So what's the point of this thread? A sweepstake.

Pick a date for when war will be declared.

I'll start, July 5th, 2019. What better way to celebrate independence than to launch another war the next day?

Winner gets their name in the thread title.
From what I've read, 130,000 troops is nowhere near enough to invade Iran.

Its a build up to scare them into compliance, and we should only really start panicking if the news reports start reporting US soldiers families being flown home from the Gulf region.

Thats not happened yet.
This user liked this post: Blackrod

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:From what I've read, 130,000 troops is nowhere near enough to invade Iran.

Its a build up to scare them into compliance, and we should only really start panicking if the news reports start reporting US soldiers families being flown home from the Gulf region.

Thats not happened yet.
Agreed. It wouldn't be an invasion it would be a suicide mission. Consider:
350k regular army
125k revolutionary guard
18k navy
30k air force
Plus Basij - a volunteer force of around 600k who are 'probably combat capable'. Iran has claime 1.2 million but this is questionable. Throw in the planes, ships. tanks and missiles and it doesn't look too easy. Forget nuclear power as it is highly unlikely the Russians would sit idly by as the Yanks started firing nukes at an ally and near neighbour.

The logical conclusion is that this won't happen but (and it is a very relevant 'but') America's great leader doesn't seem to have too heavy a grasp on reality at times and doesn't appear to live in a world where there are consequences. In fact his gung ho style is not dissimilar to that of Custer who defied all the odds...and lost spectacularly.

Here's hoping.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu May 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Has the war with North Korea, that was apparently nailed on, finished yet?

Test User

Post by Test User » Thu May 16, 2019 1:59 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:From what I've read, 130,000 troops is nowhere near enough to invade Iran.

Thats not happened yet.
130k is significant, and yes on it's own isn't a threat to invade Iran, but no one expects the US to invade them alone, nor will an invasion begin without a massive and sustained air campaign.

But invasions aren't the only way America can wage a war. And they don't have to be the country doing the invading, so an invasion force isn't always necessary. However, no matter how the war is waged, or by whom, the US would definitely strengthen their numbers in Iraq for defensive reasons.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Is it over yet, or are we into extra time and pens? (Assuming in a war, away goals don't count double)

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:36 pm

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1139236999464927233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The US are blaming Iran for attacks on 2 tankers in the Gulf of Oman today (they solved that case pretty ******* fast). I'm quite sure they'd blame Iran no matter who actually did it, and it makes no sense for Iran to do it since they know America is just itching for any excuse to create value for shareholders of their weapons makers. But, here we go again.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:38 pm

I was reading about Operation Northwood today.

Wouldn't be overly surprised if the Americans are running an updated version.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 pm

been arguing with what appears to be thousands of blue labs on twitter about this.

Everything is a false flag operation and its all the fault of Israel

Just mentioning to them that this looks like, sounds like and almost certainly is speedboats or motor launches with Revolutionary Guards with a portable missile launcher.

They did it during the Iran-Iraq War, and its perfect deniability for Iran because it causes maximum disruption for minimal effort.

Also reinforces the belief that Iran is still very factionalised, and whatever comes out of Tehran might not be what the local commanders of the Revolutionary Guards in the Straits want to come out.

Still no sign of troops families leaving the Gulf region in numbers yet (which is a positive)

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Wasways going to come after Aidan switched front the dollar to euro for trade.

I’m not usually one for conspiracies etc .... but the trend of countries America has gone after for financial reasons means that it’s past the tinfoil hat phase.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:48 pm

https://youtu.be/r8YtF76s-yM

7 years ago ........ *edited as the interview was actually 12 years ago*

It’s all ringing pretty true bar the “5 years” which is understandable.

Nobody would have really predicted all this on a whim that long ago and got so close to the truth.
Last edited by bfccrazy on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1139236999464927233

The US are blaming Iran for attacks on 2 tankers in the Gulf of Oman today (they solved that case pretty ******* fast). I'm quite sure they'd blame Iran no matter who actually did it, and it makes no sense for Iran to do it since they know America is just itching for any excuse to create value for shareholders of their weapons makers. But, here we go again.
That's shocking that the Americans are blaming a country for such warmongering behaviour based on nothing more than a hunch, some past form and an ongoing dislike of their current regime.

Thank goodness you're here to warn us of this American behaviour based on a hunch, some past form and an ongoing dislike of their current regime.

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Still no sign of troops families leaving the Gulf region in numbers yet (which is a positive)
Do not read anything into this lack of movement, Trump won't do anything that will show intention (and this movement of families is a well known indicator) on this tactic and they (families) may very well be collateral this time.

Check stock prices on arms....

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 pm

thatdberight wrote:That's shocking that the Americans are blaming a country for such warmongering behaviour based on nothing more than a hunch, some past form and an ongoing dislike of their current regime.

Thank goodness you're here to warn us of this American behaviour based on a hunch, some past form and an ongoing dislike of their current regime.
bfccrazy wrote:https://youtu.be/r8YtF76s-yM

7 years ago ........

It’s all ringing pretty true bar the “5 years” which is understandable.

Nobody would have really predicted all this on a whim that long ago and got so close to the truth.
Have a watch of this and it’s pretty obvious why people have this hunch ..... it’s been coming for ages and isn’t surprising really.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:13 pm

https://youtu.be/bSL3JqorkdU

Looked up the interview I posted a snippet of earlier and it’s a very hard hitting watch 12 years on with everything we know has happened since this interview was done.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 pm

Meh, Tom Clancy has predicted pretty much everything that's happened since the 80's. Probably not hard if you're down with a bit of knowledge in the matters.

For what it's worth I blame CIA or Mossad for these bombings. Profit and dirty work done for you by the Saudi's, what's not to love?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 pm

bfccrazy wrote:Have a watch of this and it’s pretty obvious why people have this hunch ..... it’s been coming for ages and isn’t surprising really.

I've no doubt he agrees with us, he just wants to start an argument so that he can accuse me of starting an argument to get other people to accuse me of starting an argument because it makes him feel better about himself, i guess.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I've no doubt he agrees with us, he just wants to start an argument so that he can accuse me of starting an argument to get other people to accuse me of starting an argument because it makes him feel better about himself, i guess.
Please stop with your crazy theories and having a debate - just shout louder.

:lol:

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:38 am

Boris will follow Trump into a war in exchange for a trade deal.
This user liked this post: Rowls

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:40 am

CombatClaret wrote:Boris will follow Trump into a war in exchange for a trade deal.
No way does a majority of MPs back it.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:50 am

South West Claret. wrote:For the record I think I’m right in saying that Trump junior inherited an awful lot from his family, and rumour has it that money he has made is largely made with the cooperation of the mafia and in paying his bills very very late.
If, by "mafia" you mean the Clintons then it is nearly correct.

But to be more specific, it's just a load of nonsense.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 am

Looks like someone swallowed a load from the Gateway Pundit's of the world.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:21 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Looks like someone swallowed a load from the Gateway Pundit's of the world.
Trust you to agree with the OP.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:24 pm

The owner of one of the ships attacked is saying the US is wrong about the attack, in quite significant ways i think too.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/japanese- ... ulf-attack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;