I like Boris Johnson but..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

I like Boris Johnson but..

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri May 17, 2019 9:41 am

He simply cannot speak fluently and it drives me mad ,I think one of the most important skills of any so called leader be it in politics or even sport is to communicate clearly to the people your trying to convince..

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1161 times

Re: I like Boris Johnson but..

Post by Falcon » Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 am

If that's what people who like him think, what about them that don't. Would you say unelectable?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am

Gordon Brown suffered the same.
I've met him on the hustings and he was always clear, concise and confident. Whenever he spoke on telly or in the house he always looked shifty. His credibility suffered badly, and he was a genuine bloke. Persona is so important if you are trying to sell an idea.

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am

Falcon wrote:If that's what people who like him think, what about them that don't. Would you say unelectable?
Not quite unelectable but I prefer Dominic Raab he showed guenuine anger and backbone once he saw Mays agenda and he speaks well..

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 am

Well he’s the one man the left are terrified of as he’s a populist and sole individual who could not only rescue a teetering Tory party but put Corbyn and co to the sword .

I personally think the inevitable campaign to smear him from a huge cadre of left leaning luvvies and remainers will eventually put paid to his chances . The likes of Gove would then take the Tories back to the “ IDS” ( literally) years.

Ironically BoJo is a relatively liberal Tory having served 2 terms as London mayor voted in by the very same cesspit dwelling luvvies who will want him away from no 10.
Though horror of horrors he happens to be proud of his country

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 am

I don't mind how someone speaks, it is the content of what they say that matters. Boris is a self-serving shitehawk.
These 4 users liked this post: longsidepies Siddo Rick_Muller fatboy47

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:09 am

Its gonna be fun if Boris is PM :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat lesxdp

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am

He needs to learn to put his mouth in gear before he speaks,

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:39 am

Im_not_Robbie_Blake wrote:He needs to learn to put his mouth in gear before he speaks,
I hope he doesn't ...it will be no fun if he does.....Go Boris !!! :lol:

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri May 17, 2019 10:41 am

I like him because he has silly hair and says silly things all the time.
These 4 users liked this post: Pimlico_Claret longsidepies dougcollins groove

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:42 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:I like him because he has silly hair and says silly things all the time.
He's a very silly man :lol:

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri May 17, 2019 10:43 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:Not quite unelectable but I prefer Dominic Raab he showed guenuine anger and backbone once he saw Mays agenda and he speaks well..
He didn't understand the importance of the Channel..... are you serious? Raab is thick as two short planks

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:49 am

ZizkovClaret wrote:He didn't understand the importance of the Channel..... are you serious? Raab is thick as two short planks
Most Tories are :lol:

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1161 times

Post by Falcon » Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 am

AlargeClaret wrote:Well he’s the one man the left are terrified of as he’s a populist and sole individual who could not only rescue a teetering Tory party but put Corbyn and co to the sword .

I personally think the inevitable campaign to smear him from a huge cadre of left leaning luvvies and remainers will eventually put paid to his chances . The likes of Gove would then take the Tories back to the “ IDS” ( literally) years.

Ironically BoJo is a relatively liberal Tory having served 2 terms as London mayor voted in by the very same cesspit dwelling luvvies who will want him away from no 10.

Have you been drinking whatever Ringo has on a Friday?

It's not all about stereotypes you know. Most people aren't closet Commie luvvies or moustache twirling Tory posh boys.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:49 am

SmudgetheClaret wrote:He simply cannot speak fluently and it drives me mad ,I think one of the most important skills of any so called leader be it in politics or even sport is to communicate clearly to the people your trying to convince..
So you like Boris Johnson and Tommy Robinson :lol:

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri May 17, 2019 11:50 am

AlargeClaret wrote:Well he’s the one man the left are terrified of as he’s a populist and sole individual who could not only rescue a teetering Tory party but put Corbyn and co to the sword .

You're joking, right ?

Apart from all the other shite you've spouted, he was born in New York..........

Test User
Been Liked: 89 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Test User » Fri May 17, 2019 11:53 am

Boris isn't racist enough for some peoples tastes, but he'll have no problem pretending to be if it means he gets to be PM.

He has even less leadership qualities than Corbyn. At least Corbyn sticks to what he believes as much as he can and then tries to lead a group of cats in his direction. Not Boris though. Boris sees where everyone else is going and then tries to get in front and claim to be leading them.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri May 17, 2019 11:57 am

Test User wrote:Boris isn't racist enough for some peoples tastes, but he'll have no problem pretending to be if it means he gets to be PM.
Crikey, how racist do you need to be to satisfy some people?

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Fri May 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Someone has proven himself distrustful and deceitful time and time again in every aspect of his political, professional and personal life.
These 2 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor Claret-On-A-T-Rex

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:06 pm

CombatClaret wrote:Someone has proven himself distrustful and deceitful time and time again in every aspect of his political, professional and personal life.

Yes but enough about Corbyn what about Boris

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri May 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Test User wrote:At least Corbyn sticks to what he believes as
Is this the same Jeremy Corbyn that's argued to get out of the EU for the last 30 years :roll:

Test User
Been Liked: 89 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Test User » Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:Is this the same Jeremy Corbyn that's argued to get out of the EU for the last 30 years :roll:
What are the words you cropped from that sentence? Just out of curiosity. I'm sure they can't possibly be a qualifier to what i just said, because that would mean you deliberately took part of a sentence out of context in order to criticise it, and i'm sure you'd never do that. But i'm curious what the rest of that sentence was. Care to post it?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri May 17, 2019 12:57 pm

I can’t think of a single thing about Boris that a working class person could like.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri May 17, 2019 1:19 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:I can’t think of a single thing about Boris that a working class person could like.
Said above his silly hair.

timshorts
Been Liked: 410 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:I can’t think of a single thing about Boris that a working class person could like.
Well us Welsh love a funeral.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm

CombatClaret wrote:Someone has proven himself distrustful and deceitful time and time again in every aspect of his political, professional and personal life.
These of course are the very qualities needed to be a successful politician. And I'm not joking.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri May 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Test User wrote:What are the words you cropped from that sentence? Just out of curiosity. I'm sure they can't possibly be a qualifier to what i just said, because that would mean you deliberately took part of a sentence out of context in order to criticise it, and i'm sure you'd never do that. But i'm curious what the rest of that sentence was. Care to post it?
I'm happy to oblige.
You stated that Jetemy sticks to his beliefs, as best he can
How does someone who has argued against the EU for 30 years, tie in with arguing to remain in the Customs Union.
You say Jeremy leads people, unlike Boris jumping on the populist band wagon. If that's the case why isnt he trying to lead the Labour Party to support Brexit, a proper Brexit. That's what HE believes in.

I suppose it has nothing to do with trying to undermine Theresa May and the Tories. Hes probably just changed his mind eh

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:I'm happy to oblige.
How does someone who has argued against the EU for 30 years, tie in with arguing to remain in the Customs Union.
You say Jeremy leads people, unlike Boris jumping on the populist band wagon. If that's the case why isnt he trying to lead the Labour Party to support Brexit, a proper Brexit. That's what HE believes in.

I suppose it has nothing to do with trying to undermine Theresa May and the Tories. Hes probably just changed his mind eh
https://labourlist.org/2016/04/europe-n ... on-the-eu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is Corbyn's speech on why he was voting remain in 2016. The Labour Party position was decided on by Labour Party members (most recently in conference). If Corbyn wants to be leader he has to represent the views of members rather than just his own. You'll find a similar line with nuclear disarmament - on which subject his own opinions differ with the official party position. These are the compromises one has to make as a leader, but if you read the above speech, he makes it perfectly clear that the EU isn't perfect.

As for wanting brexit but wanting to stay in a customs union - I'd imagine quite a lot of people support that. It was certainly touted as a viable brexit option by many leave supporters during the referendum.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm

You get to laugh at someone who was educated at Eton.

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 pm

As well as being a complete narcissist who has proved he will say and do anything if he thinks it will benefit himself, he has massively failed in every political post he has held.

He would probably win an election though as most people in the UK seem to be sadists.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri May 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:I'm happy to oblige.

Because the customs union isn't the EU?

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 pm

AndrewJB wrote:https://labourlist.org/2016/04/europe-n ... on-the-eu/

This is Corbyn's speech on why he was voting remain in 2016. The Labour Party position was decided on by Labour Party members (most recently in conference). If Corbyn wants to be leader he has to represent the views of members rather than just his own. You'll find a similar line with nuclear disarmament - on which subject his own opinions differ with the official party position. These are the compromises one has to make as a leader, but if you read the above speech, he makes it perfectly clear that the EU isn't perfect.

As for wanting brexit but wanting to stay in a customs union - I'd imagine quite a lot of people support that. It was certainly touted as a viable brexit option by many leave supporters during the referendum.
Test user stated he was a leader, not a follower. If he is at odds with his own party, on so many issues, why doesn't he just resign and go back to the back benches. It would be the biggest pre election boost the party could hope for.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by scouseclaret » Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 pm

SmudgetheClaret wrote:He simply cannot speak fluently and it drives me mad ,I think one of the most important skills of any so called leader be it in politics or even sport is to communicate clearly to the people your trying to convince..
Boris Johnson is a highly educated and (though he hides it well) a very intelligent man. I would also say very articulate.

The reason he appears so bumbling and unclear is that most of the time, when he speaks in public, he’s either lying through his teeth or trying to avoid committing himself to an opinion he might wish to renege on at a later date, like Brexit.

You should consider this before you vote for him.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm

scouseclaret wrote:Boris Johnson is a highly educated and (though he hides it well) a very intelligent man. I would also say very articulate.

The reason he appears so bumbling and unclear is that most of the time, when he speaks in public, he’s either lying through his teeth or trying to avoid committing himself to an opinion he might wish to renege on at a later date, like Brexit.

You should consider this before you vote for him.
This is it. Apparently he has no qualms about stabbing people in the back and those closest to him will tell you his political career is more important than anything else in his life.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:Test user stated he was a leader, not a follower. If he is at odds with his own party, on so many issues, why doesn't he just resign and go back to the back benches. It would be the biggest pre election boost the party could hope for.
Corbyn has provided the means by which the Labour Party has made more ethical policy (anti austerity, a commitment to more ethical foreign policy, etc) than it had under previous leaders. It would be a little much however for him to encourage a more bottom to top approach and then ignore what the members say. When he became leader many people predicted he was too wedded to various causes to be able to compromise in leading the party, so he's shown the flexibility they thought he didn't have. You don't like him, so of course you'll find any fault you can, but if we are considering what he's achieved: Moving the Labour Party from being one that supported austerity to one against it. From one that supported private ownership of rail, and utilities to one that advocates renationalisation. One that will scrap tuition fees and make education a national service like the NHS. And a party that more fully embraces the green agenda. So when taken alongside Labour's continued support for nuclear weapons, and whatever compromises he's had to make on Europe (which are probably insignificant) then I'd imagine he sees these areas of compromise as worth what has been gained. You can't have everything.

Compared to Boris Johnson though - who wrote an article for remain and one for leave, before deciding the best thing for his future (not necessarily the country's) was to embrace leave - there is absolutely no doubt who is the more principled man.
These 3 users liked this post: thomaspaine Taffy on the wing longsidepies

Brunlea
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Brunlea » Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Another politician who makes cardinal Richelieu look a loyal sort of bloke!
This user liked this post: IanMcL

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri May 17, 2019 6:00 pm

The country is bereft of leaders. Johnson can't even manage himself.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri May 17, 2019 6:38 pm

in essence he is a lying, two faced tit, another ******* old etonian too.

The UK is complex, but to have dregs such as this even contemplating a position of power says more about the pig ignorant electorate than his own fetid ego. I hate the bloated git.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri May 17, 2019 6:42 pm

WHAT is there to like about Boris Johnson?
The fact that he's a Fatuous Turd?

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 pm

He plays football - well in his way I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4y_hbRH2fc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: addisclaret

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1282 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Fri May 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Gets around awkward questions and issues by playing the bumbling buffoon, which he is good at.

In reality he has fairly extreme right wing upper class views.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Fri May 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:Gets around awkward questions and issues by playing the bumbling buffoon, which he is good at.

Like what?

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6721 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri May 17, 2019 7:13 pm

If God forbid he became PM I think I would emigrate.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1777 times

Post by dougcollins » Fri May 17, 2019 8:21 pm

But not to Europe, they won't have you.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1282 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Fri May 17, 2019 8:51 pm

tarkys_ears wrote:Like what?
You have to be kidding :o

timshorts
Been Liked: 410 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Fri May 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Boris' hair is magic
He doesn't need a hat
We tried to stay in europe
He said 'no way f. ck that'
The left wing bluddy hate him
Not fit to lead the right
And when he f. cks the country up
We'll sing this song all night.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 pm

You like what?.. you plonker :D

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Fri May 17, 2019 11:28 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:You have to be kidding :o
What? You accused him of something, I don't know a lot about him. Give me some examples.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sat May 18, 2019 12:43 am

Cirrus_Minor wrote:Gets around awkward questions and issues by playing the bumbling buffoon, which he is good at.

I know what right wing views are, though if you mean BNP when you say "extreme" I would certainly disagree. But "upper class" views? The same as Anthony Wedgewood Benn, perhaps? Or his son Hilary?

SmudgetheClaret

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sat May 18, 2019 8:31 am

South West Claret. wrote:You like what?.. you plonker :D
I like the fact he isn't Corbyn..you commie :D