Transfer Targets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Re: Transfer Targets

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:11 am

Trippier
Adams
JayRod (if WBA stay down?)

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am

Im_not_Robbie_Blake wrote:Trippier
Adams
JayRod (if WBA stay down?)
Don't think we'll be able to compete for the first two, although if we stay up we have to have an upgrade in several positions, we can't keep relying on virtually the same squad.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:57 pm

beddie wrote:we can't keep relying on virtually the same squad.
Probably saying exactly the same thing at the end of next season! ;)

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:26 pm

People who are suggesting Jay Rod surely can’t have watched him this season
This user liked this post: fatboy47

lucs86
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 631 times

Post by lucs86 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Matt Phillips if West Brom stay down.
Oh no wait, it's West Brom, forget about it.
Don't waste any time trying to sign anyone from West Brom.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Not for the first time, I'm very impressed with Josh Brownhill tonight. 6 foot tall, very mobile, technically good. I know he's been linked with moves to the premier league before and he's a North West lad.

Frenchclaret
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by Frenchclaret » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Wikipedia says he is 5ft 10

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:33 pm

What happened with Grosiki? Hes playing very well for Hull. What was the story there?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Grosiky flew over to sign for us but the deal changed in the last few hours and fell through - reported it was in relation to burnley being asked to pay off his gambling debts.
Hull signed him in the subsequent transfer window I think.

Think we dodged a bullet tbh

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:02 am

TVC15 wrote:Grosiky flew over to sign for us but the deal changed in the last few hours and fell through - reported it was in relation to burnley being asked to pay off his gambling debts.
Hull signed him in the subsequent transfer window I think.

Think we dodged a bullet tbh
That's the story that got leaked from Burnley's end.

His agent stated Grosiki wasn't happy with the wages we we're offering but the agent promised to negotiate more when they got here, as they were coming to the promised land where everyone gets big wages.
Burnley didn't shift one bit.

Believe what you will but it doesn't really matter now.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:34 am

So many different names, from so few. No wonder we rely on others! Imagine if we voted on all the potential signings!!!

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Zero chance with Drinkwater, he's on a fortune at Chelsea

who is Inga ? If it's a typo for Ings he is going to Saints
Drinkwater might want a move nearer the scene of his Drink driving ban

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Bamford banged 2 in the other night for Leeds - if they don't get promoted we may be able to.......... only joking

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:That's the story that got leaked from Burnley's end.

His agent stated Grosiki wasn't happy with the wages we we're offering but the agent promised to negotiate more when they got here, as they were coming to the promised land where everyone gets big wages.
Burnley didn't shift one bit.

Believe what you will but it doesn't really matter now.
I assume then that Hull pay more than Burnley?
A ship thats sailed then for sure but hes having a good season albeit in the Chumpy!!!!

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Stayingup wrote:I assume then that Hull pay more than Burnley?
A ship thats sailed then for sure but hes having a good season albeit in the Chumpy!!!!
I can only presume they offered more for him, but don't have proof.

Just going off quotes.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 am

Jarrod Bowen included in the EFL Team of the Season

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/f ... n=exchange" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:14 am

He done well scoring 356 goals in 93 appearances that some ratio ha ha

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Some additional possibilities, because three of my "break the bank" expensive suggestions look a lot less likely to move after recent events.

Hoffenheim will probably be reluctant to lose Grillitsch or Geiger, after selling Demirbay and Amiri tearing his ankle ligament. New additions might change that, but I suspect they will spend the cash from the Demirbay sale to bring in a right winger and left winger.

Rennais won the Coupe De France and the feel good factor that will bring probably rules out a move for Bourigeaud who is a very important player for them.

After reading a recent article by Dyche, in which he questioned signing expensive foreign players, the previous three players probably weren't suitable for us. Although, he does seem open to the idea of looking further afield and I suspect it will happen as our knowledge of other leagues develops.

Still, just to fill in the vacated slots here are a couple of players who could possibly do a job for us.

Ludovic Blas

Guingamp have just been relegated and Blas will be in the last year of his contract next season. That could result in them being open to selling him on in the next window. If they don't win promotion at their first attempt the chance of them losing him for nothing will be very high.

I think he is a really good all round midfielder who could fill the utility man role that I envisioned for Bourigeaud. He is only 21 and taking everything into account he would probably be a much cheaper option. He has the makings of a really good player, a decent amount of pace, capable of putting in a defensive shift, good on the ball and a reasonable passer. It would also be nice to have a left footed central midfield option or we could play him on the right as an inverted winger, he has a good shot in him.

The downsides to his game are that he can be a bit inconsistent and he seems to have suffered a bit because of his "jack of all trades" positioning. I think if we focussed him on a position and developed his game around that he would improve quicker and his versatility is a nice quality to have in reserve if we need it. Developing his right foot wouldn't hurt either.

It could also be argued that being surrounded by hum drum players hasn't helped, but good players can sometimes slip under the statistical radar as a consequence of a team putting in a relatively poor performance overall. It isn't a fault of the player, but it can be beneficial in keeping them hidden and in terms of their price.

Tonny Vilhena

Vilhena could be the robust box to box engine we are looking for. I watched quite a bit of him in the season I followed the Dutch leagues, concentrating on Feyenoord. Always played with a lot of heart in the games that I saw and he has a well rounded skill set. Having just turned 24 he is a good age as well.

He has been at Feyenoord for a long time and rumours of him wanting to move on have arisen every now and then. Recent media rumblings, backed by an interview, have given a clear indication that he is going to move in the next window. For him it is time to move onto the next step and he is probably right because if he doesn't move in the next window he probably never will.

In respect to Feyenoord he will enter the final year of his contract next season so if they don't sell him they will risk losing him for nothing. An offer of 6-8 million of those Euro thingies should be a very fair price for him. In the face of competition for his signature, or Feyenoord trying their level best to empty our pockets 10 million is possibly the high point of his value.

Abdul Rahman Baba

I still think Greg Taylor would give us the best bang for our overall buck, but I would like to see him get another year under his belt. Time at the club to grow accustomed to things and possibly a loan later in the year.

With the departure of Ward a first team left back has become something of a priority, although we could maybe switch Bardsley to the left. Jonas Knudson would be the cheap free transfer option, but it would be a case of fingers crossed that he can show more consistency and he wouldn't represent a step up. Arguably he would be a big step down from Ward.

Taylor has been outstanding this season and we will need someone with a touch of real quality to push him to even greater heights in the battle for the shirt.

We could take a look at Abdul Rahman Baba from Chelsea, currently on loan at Stade Reims. He had a very nasty injury awhile back which really set him back, just as things were taking off for him. I've seen him play before and a couple of times this season. He really impressed me in the past and he looks to have made a full recovery from his injury, although he appears to have lost a bit of match sharpness which is understandable given the length of time he was out.

Cracking player, lots of potential and he seems like a genuinely good bloke. I can't find a bad word against him and plenty of positives from the teams he has played for.

Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGf3ERo0LlE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0hOl9Nhobw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YuPNhSdn6g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obligatory Youtube playing clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOuR2Mm0iQU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EShaNOtPMc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His chances of making into the Chelsea first team look very slim, although their transfer embargo might play into that and improve or diminish them.

His contract will run out next year. If Chelsea don't extend it I imagine his plan will be to go back to Reims on loan and run down his contract. An awareness of that could lead to Chelsea accepting a permanent move for him before then.

Birger Meling and Daley Sinkgraven could be a couple of alternative left back options we could look at.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 am

jdrobbo wrote:Jarrod Bowen
No chance......they'll ask for £20m +

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat May 18, 2019 2:04 am

rob63 wrote:No chance......they'll ask for £20m +
No harm in asking. Would rather we spent 20 million on a promising youngster than wasted money on has beens like Walters and Crouch.

rob63

Post by rob63 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:06 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:Some additional possibilities, because three of my "break the bank" expensive suggestions look a lot less likely to move after recent events.

Hoffenheim will probably be reluctant to lose Grillitsch or Geiger, after selling Demirbay and Amiri tearing his ankle ligament. New additions might change that, but I suspect they will spend the cash from the Demirbay sale to bring in a right winger and left winger.

Rennais won the Coupe De France and the feel good factor that will bring probably rules out a move for Bourigeaud who is a very important player for them.

After reading a recent article by Dyche, in which he questioned signing expensive foreign players, the previous three players probably weren't suitable for us. Although, he does seem open to the idea of looking further afield and I suspect it will happen as our knowledge of other leagues develops.

Still, just to fill in the vacated slots here are a couple of players who could possibly do a job for us.

Ludovic Blas

Guingamp have just been relegated and Blas will be in the last year of his contract next season. That could result in them being open to selling him on in the next window. If they don't win promotion at their first attempt the chance of them losing him for nothing will be very high.

I think he is a really good all round midfielder who could fill the utility man role that I envisioned for Bourigeaud. He is only 21 and taking everything into account he would probably be a much cheaper option. He has the makings of a really good player, a decent amount of pace, capable of putting in a defensive shift, good on the ball and a reasonable passer. It would also be nice to have a left footed central midfield option or we could play him on the right as an inverted winger, he has a good shot in him.

The downsides to his game are that he can be a bit inconsistent and he seems to have suffered a bit because of his "jack of all trades" positioning. I think if we focussed him on a position and developed his game around that he would improve quicker and his versatility is a nice quality to have in reserve if we need it. Developing his right foot wouldn't hurt either.

It could also be argued that being surrounded by hum drum players hasn't helped, but good players can sometimes slip under the statistical radar as a consequence of a team putting in a relatively poor performance overall. It isn't a fault of the player, but it can be beneficial in keeping them hidden and in terms of their price.

Tonny Vilhena

Vilhena could be the robust box to box engine we are looking for. I watched quite a bit of him in the season I followed the Dutch leagues, concentrating on Feyenoord. Always played with a lot of heart in the games that I saw and he has a well rounded skill set. Having just turned 24 he is a good age as well.

He has been at Feyenoord for a long time and rumours of him wanting to move on have arisen every now and then. Recent media rumblings, backed by an interview, have given a clear indication that he is going to move in the next window. For him it is time to move onto the next step and he is probably right because if he doesn't move in the next window he probably never will.

In respect to Feyenoord he will enter the final year of his contract next season so if they don't sell him they will risk losing him for nothing. An offer of 6-8 million of those Euro thingies should be a very fair price for him. In the face of competition for his signature, or Feyenoord trying their level best to empty our pockets 10 million is possibly the high point of his value.

Abdul Rahman Baba

I still think Greg Taylor would give us the best bang for our overall buck, but I would like to see him get another year under his belt. Time at the club to grow accustomed to things and possibly a loan later in the year.

With the departure of Ward a first team left back has become something of a priority, although we could maybe switch Bardsley to the left. Jonas Knudson would be the cheap free transfer option, but it would be a case of fingers crossed that he can show more consistency and he wouldn't represent a step up. Arguably he would be a big step down from Ward.

Taylor has been outstanding this season and we will need someone with a touch of real quality to push him to even greater heights in the battle for the shirt.

We could take a look at Abdul Rahman Baba from Chelsea, currently on loan at Stade Reims. He had a very nasty injury awhile back which really set him back, just as things were taking off for him. I've seen him play before and a couple of times this season. He really impressed me in the past and he looks to have made a full recovery from his injury, although he appears to have lost a bit of match sharpness which is understandable given the length of time he was out.

Cracking player, lots of potential and he seems like a genuinely good bloke. I can't find a bad word against him and plenty of positives from the teams he has played for.

Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGf3ERo0LlE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0hOl9Nhobw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YuPNhSdn6g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOuR2Mm0iQU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EShaNOtPMc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His chances of making into the Chelsea first team look very slim, although their transfer embargo might play into that and improve or diminish them.

His contract will run out next year. If Chelsea don't extend it I imagine his plan will be to go back to Reims on loan and run down his contract. An awareness of that could lead to Chelsea accepting a permanent move for him before then.

Birger Meling and Daley Sinkgraven could be a couple of alternative left back options we could look at.

Agree with you about Blas, Lurker. Saw him last season but he seemed to lose his way a bit although he's had a decent last few games. Put some possibles on the First Transfer thread if anyone's interested...... cue the keyboard warriors running the post down lol!

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat May 18, 2019 2:28 am

rob63 wrote:No chance......they'll ask for £20m +
so 13 million + wells
or 5 million + Vydra

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Sat May 18, 2019 7:45 am

Dallas at Leeds is a Dyche type player and can play in several positions, more importantly he's probably in the right price bracket.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat May 18, 2019 7:52 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:Some additional possibilities, because three of my "break the bank" expensive suggestions look a lot less likely to move after recent events.

Ludovic Blas

Tonny Vilhena

Abdul Rahman Baba

Interview

Do you play a lot of Championship Manager?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat May 18, 2019 9:29 am

jrgbfc wrote:No harm in asking. Would rather we spent 20 million on a promising youngster than wasted money on has beens like Walters and Crouch.
Have you not read the Talksport thread. Walters was a good egg loved by everyone and probably been up there with our greats like Mcilroy, Adamson, James et al but for his tragic injury

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat May 18, 2019 10:14 am

beddie wrote:Dallas at Leeds is a Dyche type player and can play in several positions, more importantly he's probably in the right price bracket.
He would be in the right price bracket because he isn’t good enough, not even close.

Shackleton and phillips on the other hand, these two would be on my list from Leeds

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 am

Rumour albeit from HITC that was about a few months ago has reared its head again about Besiktas forward Guven Yalcin, couple of Bundesliga sides and ourselves interested in him.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat May 18, 2019 11:27 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Do you play a lot of Championship Manager?
Nope, I just watch football other than the domestic leagues.

Every season I pick a different country to watch. I'm not in it for the long term so a different country each year keeps things fresh and interesting for me. Last season I watched quite a bit of French football, the season before that was the German leagues, prior to that it was the Dutch leagues and so on. I also dip into other leagues now and then.

Call me crazy, but that is what I do. It is either that or devoting the same amount of viewing time to some of the drivel that passes for entertainment these days. An hour of Coronation Street followed by a documentary on naked key board warriors or some foreign football, to me it's an obvious choice, although people are free to think differently.

It explains why the vast majority of my recent suggestions have been about players from a fairly small group of leagues and why you will rarely see me mention anyone from Spain, Portugal or other countries. Next year I might be suggesting Italian players, who knows.

I will admit, Ludovic Blas was a questionable stretch. He is a way off being first team ready and he needs a lot of polish.

If we could pick him up for a low price, say below 2m, he might be a creditable option for the future. Albeit a risky one.

Tonny Vilhena has been consistently good for the last few years and he is very close to what I think we need to boost the midfield. I can't see why suggesting him, Baba or any of the players I've mentioned prior to this window should promote a cheeky swipe.

Ignore all my posts, igonore me, criticise my suggestions or propose some of your own. Anything would be better than diving down to the stagnant depths of belittling others for personal satisfaction.

Do you play flappy duck or clash of clans?
This user liked this post: tim_noone

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat May 18, 2019 11:47 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:Tonny Vilhena has been consistently good for the last few years and he is very close to what I think we need to boost the midfield. I can't see why suggesting him, Baba or any of the players I've mentioned prior to this window should promote a cheeky swipe.

Ignore all my posts, igonore me, criticise my suggestions or propose some of your own. Anything would be better than diving down to the stagnant depths of belittling others for personal satisfaction.

Do you play flappy duck or clash of clans?
One thing you should know about this board, LTL, is that the majority of posters really resent posts longer than a couple of sentences.

I for one enjoy your contributions, and even though I rarely know anything about the players you suggest, quite often it prompts me to google their name and find out a bit more.

John Johnson 1605
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by John Johnson 1605 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 am

Assuming Crouch retires and a level of fitness is proven, Wouldn’t be surprised if Dyche targeted Andy Carroll.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 pm

John Johnson 1605 wrote:Assuming Crouch retires and a level of fitness is proven, Wouldn’t be surprised if Dyche targeted Andy Carroll.
West Ham thinking to give him another 12 months. Their wages would blow us out of the water. A longer contract might do it but too much of a risk for me.

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat May 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Absolutely not to Andy’s carroll

John Johnson 1605

Post by John Johnson 1605 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Agreed but I’d expect the manager to be potentially interested.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat May 18, 2019 12:24 pm

John Johnson 1605 wrote:Agreed but I’d expect the manager to be potentially interested.
Why?

John Johnson 1605

Post by John Johnson 1605 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:31 pm

English, experienced, strong in the air, back up for Wood/Barnes, fit our style of play.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat May 18, 2019 12:37 pm

And constantly injured which means the club would be foolish to sign him. I'd be very surprised if Dyche is interested.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat May 18, 2019 12:45 pm

taio wrote:And constantly injured which means the club would be foolish to sign him. I'd be very surprised if Dyche is interested.
Perfect replacement for Walters then

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 pm

BBC reporting: "Bournemouth have agreed a £13m fee with Bristol City for England Under-21 defender Lloyd Kelly." Not a "done deal" but could yet dispel the myth that mid-table PL clubs can't do early transfer business.

UTC!

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sat May 18, 2019 2:27 pm

Assuming his wages aren't an issue, I would like Rondon from WBA. Big, strong, mobile and an upgrade on our current forwards. Can play up top on his own too. There's talk that he's available with a £16m release clause given WBA's failure to go up. Much better value than Rodriguez.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sat May 18, 2019 2:27 pm

Lloyd Kelly deal...DONE!

UTC!

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Sat May 18, 2019 2:55 pm

Realistically:

Out:
Hart

In:
Martin Olsson (Free - Cover for Taylor)
Aaron Mooy
Jay Rodriguez
Gary Cahill

Would seem a feasible window.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat May 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Ludovic Blas

Tonny Vilhena

Abdul Rahman Baba

Interview

B
Baba Rahman is gash, like zero ability, an absolute waster at Schalke.

If we're to go shopping at Rennes, I said we should have got Ismaila Sarr before the World Cup, now he's out of our league. The 1 player i'd take from Rennes is the young 16 year old midfielder Camavinga, he's gonna be a top player.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sat May 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Duffer_ wrote:BBC reporting: "Bournemouth have agreed a £13m fee with Bristol City for England Under-21 defender Lloyd Kelly." Not a "done deal" but could yet dispel the myth that mid-table PL clubs can't do early transfer business.

UTC!
Apparently signed (fee says £17m here) - would we pay that much for such a young player and the wages associated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... y-17m.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat May 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Duffer_ wrote:BBC reporting: "Bournemouth have agreed a £13m fee with Bristol City for England Under-21 defender Lloyd Kelly." Not a "done deal" but could yet dispel the myth that mid-table PL clubs can't do early transfer business.

UTC!
Think that so called myth is only peddled by us! We can't get business done early because we go in with pathetic, derisory bids that have no chance of being accepted.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3162 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat May 18, 2019 6:29 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Realistically:

Out:
Hart

In:
Martin Olsson (Free - Cover for Taylor)
Aaron Mooy
Jay Rodriguez
Gary Cahill

Would seem a feasible window.
Horrible, Horrible Idea!......Youth please.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2313 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:59 pm

UTC!

Our Eddie knows how to organise a defence.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat May 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Chester Perry wrote:Apparently signed (fee says £17m here) - would we pay that much for such a young player and the wages associated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... y-17m.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Going off a thread a few weeks ago that would pretty much be out entire budget on one player. In a position we are pretty healthy in. So I doubt we would pay that for him.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat May 18, 2019 7:03 pm

fatboy47 wrote:Our Eddie knows how to organise a defence.
Actually they only conceded 2 more than we did this season.

Whilst defence may not be Eddie's strong point he seems to have an eye for potentially good defenders and is willing to take a chance on them.

rob63

Post by rob63 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:23 pm

jrgbfc wrote:No harm in asking. Would rather we spent 20 million on a promising youngster than wasted money on has beens like Walters and Crouch.
& do you think they'll spend over £20m on a championship player? They wouldn't pay more than £12m last time for Adams.

Also I can just hear the moans when they announce most of the transfer budget has gone on one player!

rob63

Post by rob63 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:46 pm

[quote="Long Time Lurker"]Nope, I just watch football other than the domestic leagues.

Every season I pick a different country to watch. I'm not in it for the long term so a different country each year keeps things fresh and interesting for me. Last season I watched quite a bit of French football, the season before that was the German leagues, prior to that it was the Dutch leagues and so on. I also dip into other leagues now and then.

Call me crazy, but that is what I do. It is either that or devoting the same amount of viewing time to some of the drivel that passes for entertainment these days. An hour of Coronation Street followed by a documentary on naked key board warriors or some foreign football, to me it's an obvious choice, although people are free to think differently.

It explains why the vast majority of my recent suggestions have been about players from a fairly small group of leagues and why you will rarely see me mention anyone from Spain, Portugal or other countries. Next year I might be suggesting Italian players, who knows.

I will admit, Ludovic Blas was a questionable stretch. He is a way off being first team ready and he needs a lot of polish.

If we could pick him up for a low price, say below 2m, he might be a creditable option for the future. Albeit a risky one.

Tonny Vilhena has been consistently good for the last few years and he is very close to what I think we need to boost the midfield. I can't see why suggesting him, Baba or any of the players I've mentioned prior to this window should promote a cheeky swipe.

Agree with you Lurker about the negative posts on here belittling anyone with an original thought. Some people only seem to watch English matches, I'm beginning to think they're all BFC scouts lol!

Have you seen Claude-Maurice at Lorient? He looks a prospect, lacks focus for 90 mins but has 14 goals & 4 assists this year from attacking midfield/ no10.