Tommy Robinson Tuesday

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Re: Tommy Robinson Tuesday

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 7:27 pm

CFS wrote:I'd say it's a fact personally
As would 99.9% of people who know what a racist is as well.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue May 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Sure he will have also shared his policies on schools, poverty, NHS, employment etc with his followers tonight.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Sure he will have also shared his policies on schools, poverty, NHS, employment etc with his followers tonight.
I'm guessing that if he has, he's blamed it all on immigration in some way.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue May 21, 2019 7:34 pm

CFS wrote:I'd say it's a fact personally

Then you would be wrong.

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Looks as absolutely chav-tastic as you’d expect

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 7:37 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:Then you would be wrong.
Is this a FACT?

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue May 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Is this a FACT?

Knew this was coming, going around in circles to deflect from the actual point. A leftist tactic similar to when they shout 'snowflake'. You know full well it was an opinion.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:Knew this was coming, going around in circles to deflect from the actual point. A leftist tactic similar to when they shout 'snowflake'. You know full well it was an opinion.
Yeah, but an opinion has to be backed by something more concrete than you quite like what he's saying?

it is perfectly possible to agree with some of what he says while admitting thats he's a racist.

DomBFC1882
Been Liked: 462 times
Has Liked: 2398 times

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:49 pm

For all you leftie morons who thinks people who support Tommy are idiots then maybe check out Paul Weston on youtube. Of course you wont though coz you dont let facts get in the way of a good argument
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue May 21, 2019 7:55 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:For all you leftie morons who thinks people who support Tommy are idiots then maybe check out Paul Weston on youtube. Of course you wont though coz you dont let facts get in the way of a good argument
I’m prepared to accept one or two of Tommy’s supporters aren’t idiots, but anything more than that is the stuff of fantasy!

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:For all you leftie morons who thinks people who support Tommy are idiots then maybe check out Paul Weston on youtube. Of course you wont though coz you dont let facts get in the way of a good argument
Paul Weston!? Are you for real?

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:59 pm

Watch his latest video and tell me what's incorrect? The irony of saying am I for real yet some of the people you no doubt support dont deserve oxygen let alone an opinion

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by fidelcastro » Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 pm

I must've missed all these intellectuals who are supporters of Tommy Robinson!

:lol:

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Who said intellectuals?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 pm

One thing we are good at is facts. Thats why we know he's a racist.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1077 times
Has Liked: 4239 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue May 21, 2019 8:14 pm

What’s the point of asking folk to watch YouTube videos during a discussion like this? Do you really expect anyone to waste 10 mins of their life watching some bloke they don’t agree with? Why not take some of the best facts and arguments from the video and explain them to us here?

I mean, I occasionally get into arguments with religious folk on here, but I don’t try to send them off to watch Christopher Hitchens or Dan Dennett. I just watch - and enjoy - those videos myself and may use the stuff I learn from them to argue a point on the internet.

If nothing else, I refuse to watch any YouTube clip recommended by a TR fan because it would really mess with the algorithm and I’d end up with a stream of far right crap being suggested for me.
These 2 users liked this post: CombatClaret longsidepies

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Greenmile wrote:What’s the point of asking folk to watch YouTube videos during a discussion like this? Do you really expect anyone to waste 10 mins of their life watching some bloke they don’t agree with? Why not take some of the best facts and arguments from the video and explain them to us here?

I mean, I occasionally get into arguments with religious folk on here, but I don’t try to send them off to watch Christopher Hitchens or Dan Dennett. I just watch - and enjoy - those videos myself and may use the stuff I learn from them to argue a point on the internet.

If nothing else, I refuse to watch any YouTube clip recommended by a TR fan because it would really mess with the algorithm and I’d end up with a stream of far right crap being suggested for me.
I regret ever looking for a new bed mattress online.
This user liked this post: cloughyclaret

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 pm

I'd feel less clean watching a clip of a TR fan or anyone who shares his disgusting views.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Tue May 21, 2019 8:20 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:Watch his latest video and tell me what's incorrect? The irony of saying am I for real yet some of the people you no doubt support dont deserve oxygen let alone an opinion
Like whom?

:?

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:21 pm

Greenmile wrote:What’s the point of asking folk to watch YouTube videos during a discussion like this? Do you really expect anyone to waste 10 mins of their life watching some bloke they don’t agree with? Why not take some of the best facts and arguments from the video and explain them to us here?

Says it all really yet we put up with lies daily through the mainstream media. That's the thing with the "right" we get a much better picture of what's going on compared to the left where you're only prepared to listen to the one side. As I say check out the video as I've had a long say at work and I really dont feel like typing anymore.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue May 21, 2019 8:23 pm

I keep getting told Tommy is racist, but nobody ever explains why.
Has he been done for racism in the courts of law?

I don't follow him and certainly won't vote for him but I'm grateful for all the noise he makes about grooming gangs that got protected by Labour councillors. Keeping it in the news is the only way to prevent it. Keep the pressure on.
This user liked this post: Local cricketer

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Tue May 21, 2019 8:23 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:Says it all really yet we put up with lies daily through the mainstream media. That's the thing with the "right" we get a much better picture of what's going on compared to the left where you're only prepared to listen to the one side. As I say check out the video as I've had a long say at work and I really dont feel like typing anymore.
A long say at work?

You should try doing some! :lol:

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Tue May 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Dom, I am genuinely trying to understand what right wing people want so I have just watched and listened to a video from Paul Weston as you suggested. I am sorry, but it is really, really poor. He was quoting things that people had said fifty years ago and then trying to say that the social and cultural changes that have taken place in the intervening period were part of a communist plot to destroy society. He even said that the decline in British industrial output and in our education system was due to this plot. He kept on making these assertions but with no evidence and no substantial argument to back up what he is saying.

I don't want to be rude, but this fellow is an intellectual midget whose lines of analysis just won't stand up to any form of meaningful scrutiny.

I would be interested to hear what you think a government should be doing to change the country. What are the things you don't like and how can they be changed? Surely that sort of discussion would be more helpful.
These 3 users liked this post: nil_desperandum CombatClaret longsidepies

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:24 pm

fidelcastro wrote:A long say at work?

You should try doing some! :lol:
Typo you moron

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:Typo you moron
Oh, the irony!

:lol:

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:Typo you moron
Such anger.

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Erasmus wrote:Dom, I am genuinely trying to understand what right wing people want so I have just watched and listened to a video from Paul Weston as you suggested. I am sorry, but it is really, really poor. He was quoting things that people had said fifty years ago and then trying to say that the social and cultural changes that have taken place in the intervening period were part of a communist plot to destroy society. He even said that the decline in British industrial output and in our education system was due to this plot. He kept on making these assertions but with no evidence and no substantial argument to back up what he is saying.

I don't want to be rude, but this fellow is an intellectual midget whose lines of analysis just won't stand up to any form of meaningful scrutiny.

I would be interested to hear what you think a government should be doing to change the country. What are the things you don't like and how can they be changed? Surely that sort of discussion would be more helpful.
Firstly fair play to you for listening to it. On the topic of policing at Oldham, do you think that was handled well? Do you think 100 people throwing bricks is ok? It's the left who constantly go to Tommy's events to intimidate the odd idiot there and fair enough it does work sometimes. To call working class people who havent got a voice and cant identify with anyone in politics sk they look up to a working class man like Tommy is just plain ignorant.

1Simpleton
Been Liked: 21 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by 1Simpleton » Tue May 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Just to throw light humour, I can't wait for the green party's manifesto!

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:28 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Such anger.
Yeah I'm absolutely fuming. Grow up. The "s" is next to the "d" on the keypad it's an easy mistake to make

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue May 21, 2019 8:28 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:Says it all really yet we put up with lies daily through the mainstream media. That's the thing with the "right" we get a much better picture of what's going on compared to the left where you're only prepared to listen to the one side. As I say check out the video as I've had a long say at work and I really dont feel like typing anymore.
I’m totally prepared to listen to you - that’s why I like the political threads on here, because you get a wide range of views across the spectrum.

What I’m not prepared to do is waste my time watching some random far-right YouTuber. Are you really incapable of summarising some of this blokes best points on here? I’ll make allowances for the fact that you’re probably not as good at presenting facts and arguments as the YouTube guy (like I can’t argue as well as Hitchens), but I’m sure it can’t be too complicated for you to sum up his arguments.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm

You get all your news from Youtube?

Well, that explains a lot.

EDIT - that was a bit low and I apologise. There is some good stuff on there but as with any news, you need to watch or read or listen to the other side as well.
Last edited by Lancasterclaret on Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Erasmus wrote:Dom, I am genuinely trying to understand what right wing people want so I have just watched and listened to a video from Paul Weston as you suggested. I am sorry, but it is really, really poor. He was quoting things that people had said fifty years ago and then trying to say that the social and cultural changes that have taken place in the intervening period were part of a communist plot to destroy society. He even said that the decline in British industrial output and in our education system was due to this plot. He kept on making these assertions but with no evidence and no substantial argument to back up what he is saying.

RIP your YouTube recommendations.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 pm

There is nothing wrong with wanting to identity with someone in politics but this cretin really? What does he give you hope about if he was to be elected? What are his other policies?

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:There is nothing wrong with wanting to identity with someone in politics but this cretin really? What does he give you hope about if he was to be elected? What are his other policies?
Who's the alternative Steve just out of interest?

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Tue May 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:There is nothing wrong with wanting to identity with someone in politics but this cretin really? What does he give you hope about if he was to be elected? What are his other policies?
He's going to save the NHS by promising never to be ill.

:D
This user liked this post: CFS

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue May 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:I keep getting told Tommy is racist, but nobody ever explains why...
See Falcon’s post 138 on this very thread.
This user liked this post: Falcon

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Greenmile wrote:I’m totally prepared to listen to you - that’s why I like the political threads on here, because you get a wide range of views across the spectrum.

What I’m not prepared to do is waste my time watching some random far-right YouTuber. Are you really incapable of summarising some of this blokes best points on here? I’ll make allowances for the fact that you’re probably not as good at presenting facts and arguments as the YouTube guy (like I can’t argue as well as Hitchens), but I’m sure it can’t be too complicated for you to sum up his arguments.
I respect you Greenmile you seem a decent guy. Basically some of the points hes made I've put into questions back to you in a reply earlier mate

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 pm

I won’t be voting for him but respect the right of those that do, I think a few people will be surprised at how many votes he gets this time. I watched the rally on a stream to see if he made any good points, it was exactly how I expected and didn’t change my views, found the love in a little odd, he’s treated like a king by his followers

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:Who's the alternative Steve just out of interest?
Plenty of alternatives depending on what you want improving for me it’s a party or candidate who put jobs, health and education first for example.

Again though what are his other policies out of interest?

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Apologies it was in a reply to erasmus
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 8:37 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:I respect you Greenmile you seem a decent guy. Basically some of the points hes made I've put into questions back to you in a reply earlier mate
Is it because he offers something different than the status quo, and that deep down you know its probably not going to be better, but it might be, and that you know if you vote for anyone else then it definitely won't be?

Thats the view that I hold for his support (but a lot of that is me straw clutching because I've been a Burnley fan for a long time and I know what some of our support believed in the 80s and 90s.)

Is that fair?

Apologies Greenmile, quoted the wrong post, should have been one of Doms.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:You get all your news from Youtube?

Well, that explains a lot.

EDIT - that was a bit low and I apologise. There is some good stuff on there but as with any news, you need to watch or read or listen to the other side as well.
It was a bit low - there’s some brilliant informative stuff on YouTube. The bit about mainstream media lies is a bit of a red flag to suggest Dom is more of a fan of the batsh1t mental corners of YouTube though. It’s just a small step from there to bluelabrador territory.

Talking of which, what happened to Bluelab? Did Mossad finally track her down?

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:39 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Plenty of alternatives depending on what you want improving for me it’s a party or candidate who put jobs, health and education first for example.

Again though what are his other policies out of interest?
Yeah the same people who refuse to acknowledge that theres a problem with a certain ideology. People are waking up and you will see that on Friday morning

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue May 21, 2019 8:39 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:I respect you Greenmile you seem a decent guy. Basically some of the points hes made I've put into questions back to you in a reply earlier mate
...and now I feel bad for comparing you to Bluelab. No offence meant.

Edit - and do you mean your reply to Erasmus? I don’t know about the policing aspect but in general I’d say there are nobheads on both sides. It’s just a shame that your side has chosen one of the nobheads (Yaxley-Lennon) as your figurehead. If the left put up a violent ex-con as a candidate, I’d probably have to spoil my vote.
Last edited by Greenmile on Tue May 21, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 pm

Greenmile wrote:It was a bit low - there’s some brilliant informative stuff on YouTube. The bit about mainstream media lies is a bit of a red flag to suggest Dom is more of a fan of the batsh1t mental corners of YouTube though. It’s just a small step from there to bluelabrador territory.

Talking of which, what happened to Bluelab? Did Mossad finally track her down?
One thing is for sure, if Mossad have done him/her in, then we'd never know.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro Greenmile

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Tue May 21, 2019 8:42 pm

Dom, no I think throwing stones, milk shakes or any form of insulting language is absolutely wrong. My left wing values are based on a desire to see the best life possible for as many people as possible, regardless of race, creed, colour, gender, sexuality etc. Throwing bricks at political opponents offends against the basic moral precepts on which my left wing politics are based.

And I would certainly agree that the north of England and particularly those who form the poorest sections of our society don't have a proper voice and are effectively disenfranchised, though in my view Margaret Thatcher was the arch-offender in that regard.

But the slightest glance at history shows the manner in which the hard right of the political spectrum will always try to exploit any social deprivation by blaming minority communities for all the problems people are experiencing. The real cause of the harsh situation experienced by the poorer sections of our society is not migrants or minorities but the unchecked rise of the free market which prioritises profit over the well being of society. So my advice would be that you are right to be angry and frustrated but don't listen to the vicious misrepresentations of those who want to blame racial and religious minorities for the problems we face.
These 6 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 Greenmile Lancasterclaret longsidepies Chuckypad Falcon

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue May 21, 2019 8:43 pm

1Simpleton wrote:Just to throw light humour, I can't wait for the green party's manifesto!
Am I the only one who doesn't really understand this post or its purpose?
If you want to read the Green Party manifesto then why not google it and download it?
You can then compare it to the other manifestos, except of course, the Brexit Party and our Tommy, who don't have one :roll:
This user liked this post: 1Simpleton

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Tue May 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Is he our southern king in the north? Ponces

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue May 21, 2019 8:47 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:Yeah the same people who refuse to acknowledge that theres a problem with a certain ideology. People are waking up and you will see that on Friday morning
So apart from his policy on this certain ideology what other policies have attracted you to vote for him?
This user liked this post: CFS

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Erasmus wrote:Dom, no I think throwing stones, milk shakes or any form of insulting language is absolutely wrong. My left wing values are based on a desire to see the best life possible for as many people as possible, regardless of race, creed, colour, gender, sexuality etc. Throwing bricks at political opponents offends against the basic moral precepts on which my left wing politics are based.

And I would certainly agree that the north of England and particularly those who form the poorest sections of our society don't have a proper voice and are effectively disenfranchised, though in my view Margaret Thatcher was the arch-offender in that regard.

But the slightest glance at history shows the manner in which the hard right of the political spectrum will always try to exploit any social deprivation by blaming minority communities for all the problems people are experiencing. The real cause of the harsh situation experienced by the poorer sections of our society is not migrants or minorities but the unchecked rise of the free market which prioritises profit over the well being of society. So my advice would be that you are right to be angry and frustrated but don't listen to the vicious misrepresentations of those who want to blame racial and religious minorities for the problems we face.
Hard to disagree with most of that mate. Fair play to you. Tommy is more of a game changer vote if I'm bring honest so the elite realise the working classes are here and have feelings and genuine concerns we arent allowed to Express and if we do were called fascists and nazi thugs which is insane really. Yes there are idiots who follow him I'm not going to deny that but I'm certainly not an idiot (dont know what my friends say haha) and there are many more like me. The more I get called names and we as people the stronger we become. It's a small pack mentality, a bit like going to watch the clarets away. I hope that explains it a little better