Sean Dyche - Where next? And when?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
kicker_conspiracy
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Sean Dyche - Where next? And when?

Post by kicker_conspiracy » Tue May 28, 2019 4:41 am

Whether we like it or not, at some point this will sadly end.

But when and how?

It should be clear to all by now that SD values our loyalty and vice versa. We got stung by Coyle in 2010, Dyche got stung by Watford in 2012.

Our current marriage began in 2012. Realistically, there will be a time where he moves on. But I'm struggling to see where or when that might be. The likes of Arsenal, Everton and Celtic have changed their manager recently without giving him much of a thought.

The European clubs don't seem interested in taking English managers and the top English clubs only seem interested in taking European managers.

What are his career opportunities outside of Turf Moor? Maybe Villa if things aren't going so well by December? Maybe Dirty Leeds or Forest if they get up then start to struggle?

His potential options are so very limited, as are ours, it wouldn't surprise me too much if he ends up doing a Wenger and staying with us another decade.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Re: Sean Dyche - Where next? And when?

Post by RammyClaret61 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:02 am

kicker_conspiracy wrote:But I'm struggling to see where or when that might be.
So why bother, just enjoy the ride.
Then you seem to answer your own query.
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank Corky Bosscat

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 28, 2019 6:05 am

he wont rest until he takes us back to Europe

HB Claret
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by HB Claret » Tue May 28, 2019 7:24 am

Not sure where, when or how it will end but thanks to the efforts of Sean and his team there will be life after Dyche. I also think that he will not get a better job than being Burnley manager and that he will not achieve the success he has done here anywhere else.
These 2 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret turfytopper

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue May 28, 2019 7:47 am

It won't end. He's here for life.

4:20
Been Liked: 1061 times
Has Liked: 1177 times

Post by 4:20 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:53 am

1160625.jpg
1160625.jpg (33.79 KiB) Viewed 3683 times

claretburns
Been Liked: 848 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Tue May 28, 2019 8:02 am

Well he applied for the Crystal Palace job after De Boar was sacked so he is looking for a fresh challenge.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1099 times

Post by bfcmik » Tue May 28, 2019 8:09 am

claretburns wrote:Well he applied for the Crystal Palace job after De Boar was sacked so he is looking for a fresh challenge.
Do we know that for certain, or was it just one of those 'everyone knows he did' things?

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1099 times

Post by bfcmik » Tue May 28, 2019 8:16 am

SDs main problem with moving on is going to be the rigidity in style he is seen to build his teams to play. owners, and fans, of most clubs would not want to see it at their club. Rightly or wrongly he is talked about in the media and thus seen by others as a one trick, direct physical tactics, manager with no history of building flowing attractive sides.

I can see him being here for a long time as this style has us playing season after season at the highest level of English club football. Most of us fans are pragmatic enough to know that, realistically, we have never had it so good and that every season at this level could be our final season at this level.

Indecisive
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Tue May 28, 2019 8:42 am

bfcmik wrote:Do we know that for certain, or was it just one of those 'everyone knows he did' things?
Simon Jordan has pretty much said he did on Talksport.

It definitely doesn’t surprise me. I think his new deal made a difference though, he’s very well rewarded and possibly in the most secure job in football right now!

I think we are also benefitting from a media peddled perception that we are ‘just’ a long ball team rough em up team.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue May 28, 2019 8:46 am

claretburns wrote:Well he applied for the Crystal Palace job after De Boar was sacked so he is looking for a fresh challenge.
Wild allegation

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue May 28, 2019 8:52 am

Indecisive wrote:Simon Jordan has pretty much said he did on Talksport.

It definitely doesn’t surprise me. I think his new deal made a difference though, he’s very well rewarded and possibly in the most secure job in football right now!

I think we are also benefitting from a media peddled perception that we are ‘just’ a long ball team rough em up team.
I wouldn’t trust Simon Jordan at all tbh. He spouts quite a lot suggesting that Palace are the biggest team in the prem outside the top 6, ignoring their history when compared to football clubs such as ours (I.e ones with far better history and traditions).

If there was any club he would have been interested in it would have been Everton but I don’t buy the Palace nonsense
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:06 am

Vegas Claret wrote:he wont rest until he takes us back to Europe
I doubt that - he wasn't interested last time. Of course you could be being ironic?

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:14 am

FactualFrank wrote:It won't end. He's here for life.
You know, I actually think he might be. There seems to be a mutual love affair between him and the club and the fans. Yes, we have criticised him (guilty) and probably we will do again but in the end he has the club at heart. I don't think he will go elsewhere anytime soon because his brand of football is not popular (even with us at times) and the 'elite' would not be able to deal with it. Let's face it we have come a long way under his guidance so I suppose we should be happy that he stays, anyone else would either be out of their depth considering our finances or just using us as a stepping stone. Even Gladioli wouldn't achieve what Dyche has done with this budget (in my opinion).

Here's a thing - does anyone think he will be here for life and then join the board? You know I could just see that happening.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:15 am

bfcmik wrote:Do we know that for certain, or was it just one of those 'everyone knows he did' things?
I don't think he did to be honest.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:18 am

bfcmik wrote:SDs main problem with moving on is going to be the rigidity in style he is seen to build his teams to play. owners, and fans, of most clubs would not want to see it at their club. Rightly or wrongly he is talked about in the media and thus seen by others as a one trick, direct physical tactics, manager with no history of building flowing attractive sides.

I can see him being here for a long time as this style has us playing season after season at the highest level of English club football. Most of us fans are pragmatic enough to know that, realistically, we have never had it so good and that every season at this level could be our final season at this level.
I wouldn't quite say we have never had it so good - we have had it a whole lot better. We have been the best side in the country at one time and won trophies and championships - we are a million miles away from that now.

I do know what you mean though.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 am

This is akin to saying “ we’re all going to die” of course we are but you enjoy the good times so much more when you’ve ridden the bad times .

Financially we get a bit stronger each year, and should have very tidy resources should things take a bad turn or two.

Relax , enjoy the ride

claretburns
Been Liked: 848 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Tue May 28, 2019 9:57 am

Hibsclaret wrote:Wild allegation
Not an allegation at all, I heard it from the man who works the closest to Sean Dyche.

Hibsclaret

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue May 28, 2019 10:20 am

claretburns wrote:Not an allegation at all, I heard it from the man who works the closest to Sean Dyche.
Seems you missed the joke. They don’t all work.

Ronald was like a pig in you know what when he left the Palace

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Tue May 28, 2019 10:57 am

WBA 1st July 2019

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue May 28, 2019 12:43 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:Financially we get a bit stronger each year, and should have very tidy resources should things take a bad turn or two.
I am far from certain that we get financially stronger each year Yes:
: we post profits
: we live within our means
: we have improved and continue to improve our infrastructure
: we are developing are Academy and have secured monies for it over the medium term)

however, relative to our competitors (and their mega rich owners) we are and are likely to remain small fry
: we are struggling to grow non TV revenues
: we find it difficult to sign an identified player if another PL club goes in for them (even Championship clubs at times)
: we find it difficult to match wages if another PL club is in for our target (even Championship clubs at times)
: we are often reluctant/unable to meet the demanded transfer values of our primary targets (possibly wages too)
: a relegation without bounce back would quickly see us in a position financially betwen the bottom of the Championship top of League One

We are well managed, unified and focused club, that it is our greatest strength and if that changes it does not bode well.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue May 28, 2019 2:03 pm

It will end in a statue.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 28, 2019 2:20 pm

houseboy wrote:I doubt that - he wasn't interested last time. Of course you could be being ironic?
pre-season friendly :D

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue May 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:pre-season friendly :D
As long as they're not German. :lol:
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Tue May 28, 2019 4:11 pm

houseboy wrote:As long as they're not German. :lol:
Yeah, our fans have a tendency to cause trouble against those lovely Germans, causing our fine constabulary lots of unnecessary stress and work.
This user liked this post: houseboy

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Tue May 28, 2019 4:44 pm

At the time Crystal Palace were without a manager Simon Jordan stated on Talksport that if it was up to him he would be looking to employ Sean Dyche or someone similar, which is a long way from saying that Sean Dyche had applied for the job. As for people who work closely with Sean, if they had been trusted with such information they would also be trusted to keep the information to themselves. Strange that no journalist found out but a poster on here did. I think someone might be telling porkies.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue May 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Virtually zero chance we'd get a replacement as good as Dyche and at the same time none of the bigger or better clubs have any interest in wanting him as their manager.

This means for as long as we stay in this division cant see anything changing for us manager wise

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Tue May 28, 2019 4:54 pm

That will be the best possible scenario for BFC.