Extremist Abortion Laws

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Re: Extremist Abortion Laws

Post by claret59 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Just to be clear I was writing about what was legal in America with partial birth abortion and not in this country. I mentioned it because this debate is about what is happening in America and it may just be that the opposition to abortion is (perhaps) in part, a re-action to partial birth abortion which in any event no longer applies and it will obviously be kept off the statute books if in the USA Roe v Wade is ever overturned. The 24 week limit (not 20 weeks as stated above) in UK can be extended up to birth viz. as late as nine months if the unborn child is believed to be physically handicapped.
A six week old foetus is not a bunch of cells but in any event would be much older when an abortion is carried out ( unless by taking the morning after pill.) Despite what is written above abortion is sometimes used as a contraceptive and that is why some women have multiple abortions. What is beyond dispute is that every abortion involves a killing even if done for what are believed to be the best of reasons.
The whole subject is of course a matter of debate and variation of opinion; often strong opinions.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sat May 18, 2019 12:55 am

Greenmile wrote:Do you think supporting Blackburn Rovers should be made illegal? If not, by your reasoning, that makes you “pro-Blackburn Rovers”.
pro-abortion means that you want other people to be allowed to have abortions. Just because you prefer the more meaningless "pro-choice" doesn't mean that pro-abortion has no meaning.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat May 18, 2019 2:09 am

dsr wrote:pro-abortion means that you want other people to be allowed to have abortions. Just because you prefer the more meaningless "pro-choice" doesn't mean that pro-abortion has no meaning.
pro-Blackburn Rovers means that you want other people to be allowed to support Blackburn Rovers. Just because you prefer the more meaningless “Burnley fan” doesn’t mean that pro-Blackburn Rovers has no meaning.

You’re in the wrong place mate. Here you go.

http://www.blackburnrovers-mad.co.uk/forums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:24 am

The shitty State of Missouri is forcing women to undergo medically unnecessary pelvic exams before they're allowed to get an abortion.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/maddow ... -abortion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:50 am

Just a quick one for all the fans of a collection of embryonic cells on here.. is destroying embryos ok in a fertility clinic (i’m assuming so, happens every day, nobody protests, no men pass laws about it).

Or is it just the ones in women’s bodies which are none of your ****ing business, you creepy old sods?
These 4 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 claretonthecoast1882 Lord Beamish Imploding Turtle

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:53 am

Apparently in NI it is theoretically possible for a raped women who has an abortion to get a longer custodial sentence than the bloke who raped her.
How on earth can that theoretical situation be allowed to exist?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:51 am

mdd2 wrote:Apparently in NI it is theoretically possible for a raped women who has an abortion to get a longer custodial sentence than the bloke who raped her.
How on earth can that theoretical situation be allowed to exist?
Probably the same reasons why a rape victim in some parts of the middle East will be punished for having non marital sex whilst the rapist usually walks free...

Laws made by men, to favour men and influenced by their religion which was created by men.
These 2 users liked this post: Corky Falcon

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:07 am

FCBurnley wrote:I think it is time people stopped using abortion as a contraceptive. With all the contraceptive options available, unwanted pregnancies should be a thing of the past. People need to be responsible for their own actions
It is totally unconscionable to expect a woman who has been raped or forcibly made pregnant to carry it in her body for nine months if she doesn't want to.
For the male posters on this board, put yourself in her situation, imagine men could get pregnant and somebody raped you and you had to carry it for nine months against your will.
The Nazi's used to conduct cross-breeding experiments on Jewish prisoners, would you deny them the right of termination?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:26 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Probably the same reasons why a rape victim in some parts of the middle East will be punished for having non marital sex whilst the rapist usually walks free...

Laws made by men, to favour men and influenced by their religion which was created by men.
Sounds like an extreme example of male privilege. A kind of privilege that some people think doesn't exist.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:15 am

claret59 wrote:Just to be clear I was writing about what was legal in America with partial birth abortion and not in this country. I mentioned it because this debate is about what is happening in America and it may just be that the opposition to abortion is (perhaps) in part, a re-action to partial birth abortion which in any event no longer applies and it will obviously be kept off the statute books if in the USA Roe v Wade is ever overturned. The 24 week limit (not 20 weeks as stated above) in UK can be extended up to birth viz. as late as nine months if the unborn child is believed to be physically handicapped.
A six week old foetus is not a bunch of cells but in any event would be much older when an abortion is carried out ( unless by taking the morning after pill.) Despite what is written above abortion is sometimes used as a contraceptive and that is why some women have multiple abortions. What is beyond dispute is that every abortion involves a killing even if done for what are believed to be the best of reasons.
The whole subject is of course a matter of debate and variation of opinion; often strong opinions.

Just so you know, this is the kind of thing that partial birth abortion is for. It's not for women to choose to not have a baby, if for things like when babies don't have skulls and simply cannot survive.

https://www.businessinsider.com/international?r=US&IR=T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:46 am

A woman in Alabama has been indicted by a grand jury over the death of her unborn child. The foetus was lost because she was shot in the stomach, and these extremists blame her, and not the person who shot her.

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2019 ... issed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:19 pm

One subject matter that I cannot agree with Jacob Rees- Mogg on. If someone is raped they should not be expected to go through with the birth and all that then entails.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:45 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:A woman in Alabama has been indicted by a grand jury over the death of her unborn child. The foetus was lost because she was shot in the stomach, and these extremists blame her, and not the person who shot her.

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2019 ... issed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alabama - all you need to know about intelligence levels.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:53 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:A woman in Alabama has been indicted by a grand jury over the death of her unborn child. The foetus was lost because she was shot in the stomach, and these extremists blame her, and not the person who shot her.

I can see why you are so opposed to the woman being prosecuted for starting the fight, or at least why you think the death of the unborn child shouldn't be a factor. But why are you so convinced of the man's self-defence claim being false? Have you a further link?

If the accepted self-defence claim is valid, she must have been doing a bit more than scratching his face. What was she doing? There are two principles here, and the principle of whether a woman should be prosecuted for actions that lead to miscarriage (no she shouldn't) is different from the principle of whether she should be held responsible for starting a fight that ended with her being shot.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm

dsr wrote:I can see why you are so opposed to the woman being prosecuted for starting the fight, or at least why you think the death of the unborn child shouldn't be a factor. But why are you so convinced of the man's self-defence claim being false? Have you a further link?

If the accepted self-defence claim is valid, she must have been doing a bit more than scratching his face. What was she doing? There are two principles here, and the principle of whether a woman should be prosecuted for actions that lead to miscarriage (no she shouldn't) is different from the principle of whether she should be held responsible for starting a fight that ended with her being shot.

I'm not even going to bother with this one there is so much wrong about it - from completely falsifying an argument I didn't make simply to take the opposing position, to not even getting the sex of the shooter accurate. I'm embarrassed on your behalf.
These 2 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret Lord Beamish

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm not even going to bother with this one there is so much wrong about it - from completely falsifying an argument I didn't make simply to take the opposing position, to not even getting the sex of the shooter accurate. I'm embarrassed on your behalf.
How pretentious is that. :roll:

OK, maybe I misunderstood your point about the extremists blaming her, and not the person who shot her. I understood it to mean that you thought there was something inherently wrong in blaming her and not the person who shot her - I didn't think it was a "position neutral" sort of attitude. The word "extremist" lead me to believe you disapproved of the attitude.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:51 pm

1- she started a fight with someone, about her unborn babies dad :roll:
2- The fight was severe enough that a gun was used.
3- she was shot, picked up and went to a convenience store instead of straight to hospital....

You're banging on about extremists, but the woman didn't take into consideration the wellbeing of her unborn child and her actions resulted in its death.

Yeah the shooter needs prosecuting over it, but there's no way the pregnant woman should get away with it either.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:00 pm

Wow! Even with the animosity of it simply being a post by IT and the Pythonesque love of arguing on this board I still would have honestly thought this would be one topic where we'd all be on the same side.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Wow! Even with the animosity of it simply being a post by IT and the Pythonesque love of arguing on this board I still would have honestly thought this would be one topic where we'd all be on the same side.
If nothing else, it'll flush out the absolute nutjobs from the harmless if ignorant mouth-breathers.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Once you mention that the lass is black, that should smoke them out.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:46 am

Prosecutors have dismissed the manslaughter charge. Interesting how quickly some people were to explain why the charges were appropriate though, isn't it? Further evidence, if any was needed, that some people simply see this all as a team sport and will defend their side against the "libtards" no matter how ****** up it is.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/03/73853126 ... witter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;