BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by ClaretAL » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi All, I know there is another thread for "Transfer Rumours" which should have been exactly that, but it has descended in to the usual trash talk, so in an effort to try and separate the wheat from the chaff so we have a go to section for those who have minimal time while at work to catch up with all things BFC related, and use this forum as the go to source of information, can we please keep this thread clean and concise and possibly use the already recognised but abused thread for discussion thereafter? Mods delete if you feel not required, no problem just hard to pick out a good post in the other thread at the moment.
These 14 users liked this post: claretgoss Bosscat FactualFrank Vegas Claret Claret-On-A-T-Rex CombatClaret yosserhughes Firthy bobinho whiffa maidenover rob63 Hedontplayforyou Southernclaret

ClaretAL

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by ClaretAL » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Ill start with a couple of links although not the most reliable, and sometimes I do think its source is this forum, but we can then gauge how reliable after the fact...

Harrison Reed
https://www.mediareferee.com/2019/06/06 ... ld-agreed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dawson and Jay Rod as we know..
https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... -1-9806442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Linked to Dael Fry of Middlesbrough.

Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 5 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex HieronymousBoschHobs CombatClaret Squarepusher whiffa

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:29 pm

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... d-16377089" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 2 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex ClaretAL

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:36 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... a-samatta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretAL FactualFrank

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

BFC TRANSFER NEWS (RAMBLING TWADDLE)

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:19 pm

If you would like to post any opinions about the current transfer window feel free to do so here.

I would actively encourage posters to contribute to the BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK) thread in accordance with the outline in the initial post by ClaretAL.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=39709" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Having two threads will make it easier for people to access information in the format that they are most comfortable with. They can peruse the clear and concise links to the articles highlighted in ClaretAL's thread and discuss them here, or spin off any general thoughts about transfers, instead of cluttering up that thread and diminishing its usefulness.

MDWat
Been Liked: 872 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:23 pm

I've cleaned this up for you, ClaretAL
These 6 users liked this post: Long Time Lurker ClaretAL claretgoss Steve-Harpers-perm Buxtonclaret Bertiebeehead

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (RAMBLING TWADDLE)

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:37 pm

I will definitely be posting in the MUST CONTAIN LINK thread with the random twaddle i find here, but i'll link to it so it'll be OK.

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Looking at the Jay Rod link and the Blades now in the race, who you would feel we would be 6 pointing against this season, who could offer more in wages, and who would be more attractive. I get all the sentiment around family and him coming through the ranks here, but in the short career of a footballer i would think money talks.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/t ... y-16393509

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:51 pm

ClaretAL wrote:Looking at the Jay Rod link and the Blades now in the race, who you would feel we would be 6 pointing against this season, who could offer more in wages, and who would be more attractive. I get all the sentiment around family and him coming through the ranks here, but in the short career of a footballer i would think money talks.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/t ... y-16393509
I think he could be more likely to go to Sheffield than us, based upon their existing strikers and the potential to grab a decent amount of playing time. £5m this year and another £5m in twelve months would fit within their rumoured £20m transfer kitty and unlike us they could benefit from adding some Premier League experience to their squad.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... e-release/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the blades are also rumoured to be interested in McBurnie who would be a bit of a risk and Maupay who would swallow up all of their budget. I'm not even sure how good Maupay would be in a framework other than Brentfords, which seems to suit him very well.

£5m would be a snip for Jay, but £10m is a touch on the pricey side and it would place his transfer fee in line with other alternatives. I'm also a bit uncomfortable with the idea of boosting our twilight contingent further, which could mean we have to replace a large chunk of the team at the same time. That would be financially testing if the players within that group leave on free transfers at the end of their contracts or for little money.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 pm

This board will be hilarious if we miss out on players to Sheffield United.
This user liked this post: Damo

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:16 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:This board will be hilarious if we miss out on players to Sheffield United.

Yes you'll get a kicking for a start! :lol:

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:29 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:I think he could be more likely to go to Sheffield than us, based upon their existing strikers and the potential to grab a decent amount of playing time. £5m this year and another £5m in twelve months would fit within their rumoured £20m transfer kitty and unlike us they could benefit from adding some Premier League experience to their squad.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... e-release/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the blades are also rumoured to be interested in McBurnie who would be a bit of a risk and Maupay who would swallow up all of their budget. I'm not even sure how good Maupay would be in a framework other than Brentfords, which seems to suit him very well.

£5m would be a snip for Jay, but £10m is a touch on the pricey side and it would place his transfer fee in line with other alternatives. I'm also a bit uncomfortable with the idea of boosting our twilight contingent further, which could mean we have to replace a large chunk of the team at the same time. That would be financially testing if the players within that group leave on free transfers at the end of their contracts or for little money.
I tend to agree,but it is all about opinions

rob63

Post by rob63 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:05 pm

Wasn't there a rumour of visa problems with Samatta in the last transfer window? He hadn't played enough internationals for Tanzania or something.

Natural goalscorer with good commitment looked good for a couple of seasons now ........ earlier this season he nutted a post chasing a ball, laid himself spark out- I was surprised when they let him continue.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 pm

David Turnbull

Celtic are moving quick for Turnbull - one of the rising stars of Scottish football - with reportedly nine other clubs showing interest, including Premier League sides Southampton and Burnley.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football ... -1-4942071" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

Grimsdale
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Post by Grimsdale » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:38 am

Birmingham Live saying they believe a bid from Burnley for Che Adams "could be imminent"

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... s-16398545" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/briandick/status/11 ... 8494322688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank randomclaret2 ClaretAL

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:37 am

Just seen its already posted. Ignore. ;)

Che Adams again. Link talks about off loading Vydra and Wells too. No surprises in this one.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... m-16401510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32239 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:42 am

Selling Vydra & Wells to fund signings of Adams & Rodriguez

Alan Nixon
https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 70055?s=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 367 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:52 am

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 70055?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wood Barnes Adams Rodriguez would make for a decent strike force
This user liked this post: whiffa

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:53 am

It's not unexpected that we try and sell Wells and Vydra to fund Jay Rod and Che Adams.

Once Dyche identifies a target he stays with it.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:12 am

ArmchairDetective wrote:https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 70055?s=19

If we pulled off replacing Vydra and Wells with Adams and Jay that would be amazing.

I think you would see a lot more from players like Cork, Brady and JBG if Adams and Jay played as we wouldnt be as reliant on lumping it to Barnes and Wood every game

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32239 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:14 am

ArmchairDetective wrote:https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 70055?s=19

Already posted on the links thread. Best to merge the two threads.

The only reason the other thread was removed was because two posters decided to use it as their own personal battle ground.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:22 am

Having Wells and Vydra to offer to Championship clubs as part of any deal could be quite handy for us. On the other hand I'm not sure how we'd keep 4 forwards like Barnes, Wood, Jay and Adams all happy. Dyche isn't exactly famous for rotating his squad or being willing to try new things is he? Maybe if he had 4 strikers he liked and trusted he might be willing to give them all a fair go.

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:47 am

jrgbfc wrote:Having Wells and Vydra to offer to Championship clubs as part of any deal could be quite handy for us. On the other hand I'm not sure how we'd keep 4 forwards like Barnes, Wood, Jay and Adams all happy. Dyche isn't exactly famous for rotating his squad or being willing to try new things is he? Maybe if he had 4 strikers he liked and trusted he might be willing to give them all a fair go.
Wells probably isn't worth much, we paid 5m for him and that was over the top.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:02 am

jrgbfc wrote:Having Wells and Vydra to offer to Championship clubs as part of any deal could be quite handy for us. On the other hand I'm not sure how we'd keep 4 forwards like Barnes, Wood, Jay and Adams all happy. Dyche isn't exactly famous for rotating his squad or being willing to try new things is he? Maybe if he had 4 strikers he liked and trusted he might be willing to give them all a fair go.
You are only 1 injury or suspension off trouble in this league if goals dry up, I'd much prefer to have 4 on the books capable of getting a dozen goals at this level.
Also those 2 will certainly give us a different options to pick horses for courses rather than literally having to pick the same 2 regardless of opposition, form or niggling injuries.
And the 2 players in question can play in multiple roles/positions and are a upgrade on the 2 mentioned to depart.

Also who knows, we might have a fair crack at the cup competitions.

I'd be delighted if we got Adams and Jay and offloaded Wells and Vydra , although I'd have liked to have judged the latter after a good run in the side, although theres obviously something not quite right somewhere.
I think it'll all come out in the wash over the summer
Last edited by MACCA on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: MG70

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:38 am

MACCA wrote:You are only 1 injury or suspension off trouble in this league if goals dry up, I'd much prefer to have 4 on the books capable of getting a dozen goals at this level.
Also those 2 will certainly give us a different options to pick horses for courses rather than literally having to pick the same 2 regardless of opposition, form or niggling injuries.
And the 2 players in question can play in multiple ropes/positions and are a upgrade on the 2 mentioned to depart.

Also who knows, we might have a fair crack at the cup comps.

I'd be delighted if we got Adams and Jay and offloaded Wells and Vydra , although us have liked to have judged the latter after a good run in the side, although theres obviously something not quite right somewhere.
I think itll all come out in the wash over the summer
I agree with you, but I think once Dyche has his settled starting XI/partnerships then he seems to want to stick with it come hell or high water. Would certainly keep Barnes and Wood on their toes if we had Rodriguez and Adams waiting in the wings.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:48 am

We'll sell Wells and Vydra to free funds (that we didn't spend last year), to then miss out on Jay and Che because other teams will have already signed them.

It's the Burnley way.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:57 am

jrgbfc wrote:I agree with you, but I think once Dyche has his settled starting XI/partnerships then he seems to want to stick with it come hell or high water. Would certainly keep Barnes and Wood on their toes if we had Rodriguez and Adams waiting in the wings.
Jay and Adams can also play out wide in a 3, so can allow for a 451/433 system, something none of our current 4 can do.
Also with Adams, we get some pace into the front line too.
I think it'd be a great front 4, with all of them offering something different individually and as partnerships

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Steddyman wrote:We'll sell Wells and Vydra to free funds (that we didn't spend last year), to then miss out on Jay and Che because other teams will have already signed them.

It's the Burnley way.
I’m not sure that freeing funds would be the main driver, perhaps more, freeing up space (though of course money in, wouldn’t go amiss).

Wood, Adams, Barnes and Rodriguez would provide plenty of options.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:27 pm

It would provide plenty of options. The reason we will need to sell before buying is to free wages.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Steddyman wrote:It would provide plenty of options. The reason we will need to sell before buying is to free wages.
Agree with that to a degree, but we need to start being a little more bold and take a few chances
In the market.
This user liked this post: Carnsmerry12

rob63

Post by rob63 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:38 pm

[quote="ewanrob"]Agree with that to a degree, but we need to start being a little more bold and take a few chances
In the market.[/quote

Bold? Bold?......sorry I thought this was a Burnley messageboard

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Buy a pacy striker to replace another pacy striker.

Weird.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:39 pm

The last thing we want to be doing is taking risks in the transfer market. I would be very happy if we got Adams, Rodriguez, Dawson and Jonjo Shelvey. All solid investments.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:53 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:The last thing we want to be doing is taking risks in the transfer market. I would be very happy if we got Adams, Rodriguez, Dawson and Jonjo Shelvey. All solid investments.

Where have you got shelvey from?

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Defensive midfielder needed probably more than anything. Hopefully some links soon.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Wood Barnes Adams and Rodriguez would be fantastic to pick from as a precious poster alluded to, they all bring something different to the table as individuals, and would do as different pairings also.

I do think we have to move with haste to get these deals done if true, as both players will/do have plenty of other suitors.

As far as Wells and Vydra are concerned, Wells has no future here and would be a decent bargaining chip for a club in the Championship who’s player we may fancy (Adams perhaps) and Vydra hasn’t been utilised since he joined and if that’s the way it’s going to continue then to sell him and free up his wages and a fee in would be the best thing to do . Offer him to Leeds in part exchange for Phillips if we are being cheeky !

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:57 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:This board will be hilarious if we miss out on players to Sheffield United.
Especially if it's one of our own

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:43 pm

Nixon says we’re looking for about £10m for Vydra. Also says we’re looking for a sale specifically over a loan.

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 54247?s=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reecey1987

Post by Reecey1987 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 am

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/t ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 am

ghandhisflipflop, I added Shelvey because if we have a missing link it is a player who can unlock a defence with either a short or long pass. So for me that is a ‘Shelvey type’. That being the case I can’t think of anyone better and he is often left out by Rafa. He also fits my ‘no risk’ policy. Also seemed to have reduced his silly, niggly tackles last season.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:59 pm

Johnjo Kenny can be crossed off some lists. He’s signed, on loan, for Schalke, under Wagner.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 857 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by scouseclaret » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:09 pm

If jayrod is available for £5m and we bid £16m for the same player last year, what on earth can hold this up?

Plus, why not use some of the money saved to get Adams over the line?

Please, just for once, f**kin get on with it!
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times

Post by Goobs » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:37 pm

scouseclaret wrote:If jayrod is available for £5m and we bid £16m for the same player last year, what on earth can hold this up?

He's likely on holiday, other clubs will be interested. I don't know 100% as I have never been involved in transfer dealings but I would think it is a little more complicated than on Champ manager where you can get a transfer done in 5 minutes. There will be negotiations over all sorts of insignificant things that us outside the game will likely not even have considered would make up a deal (both with clubs and players)

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:12 pm

scouseclaret wrote:If jayrod is available for £5m and we bid £16m for the same player last year, what on earth can hold this up?

It's not a case of if we want him but does he want us ?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:19 pm

He will go to whoever offers him the most money

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 am

Personal terms had supposedly been agreed last year as he wanted to come back to us - just that the price WBA were asking for was the stumbling block

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Leicester Mercury saying Leicester are in competition with Sheff Utd & Norwich for JRod.
They would blow us out of the water regarding salary.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Burnley will look to sell striking pair Matej Vydra and Nahki Wells in order to fund a move for Birmingham City star Che Adams.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... -1-9812567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reecey1987

Post by Reecey1987 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:14 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Burnley will look to sell striking pair Matej Vydra and Nahki Wells in order to fund a move for Birmingham City star Che Adams.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... -1-9812567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think we already knew that . We sold vokes aswell so that gives us a better chance of landing adams and jay rod without really breaking the bank