Has Anyone Used

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
winsomeyen
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Has Anyone Used

Post by winsomeyen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:21 pm

a no win no fee solicitor,
We are considering a claim against an insurance intermediary for fraud by misrepresentation.
We have documentory evidence from regulators in three different countries,the problem is we live in France,the intermediary operates from Dublin.
we believe we have a really strong case,

Should we go down this road and the solicitor manages to lose the case would we be liable for the defendants legal fees.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers UTC

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Re: Has Anyone Used

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:31 pm

My best mate used one to make a compensation claim after a bus he was on crashed. I thought they would only be one party making any money and it would't be my mate but they were actually really good.

Obviously they took a cut of the payout but it was fair and my mate got a nice sum with no hidden costs.

As he won cant help with what would have happened had he lost at court in terms of defendants fees

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2903 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:32 pm

One thing you can be pretty sure of is they will not offer to take on your case unless it’s pretty nailed down... that being the case I’d of thought a regular legal firm would probably work out cheaper.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:My best mate used one to make a compensation claim after a bus he was on crashed. I thought they would only be one party making any money and it would't be my mate but they were actually really good.

Obviously they took a cut of the payout but it was fair and my mate got a nice sum with no hidden costs.

As he won cant help with what would have happened had he lost at court in terms of defendants fees
One of the most common scams in the country for about 5-10 yrs, the old “ passengers on the bus” con ( car pulls out hits bus and a load of tracksuit wearing chavs claim whiplash )

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:08 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:One of the most common scams in the country for about 5-10 yrs, the old “ passengers on the bus” con ( car pulls out hits bus and a load of tracksuit wearing chavs claim whiplash )
It was a genuine crash on one of busiest roundabouts in Leeds but my mate milked it for all he could as im sure many others did

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:It was a genuine crash on one of busiest roundabouts in Leeds but my mate milked it for all he could as im sure many others did
Just like you do on here.. ;)
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:It was a genuine crash on one of busiest roundabouts in Leeds but my mate milked it for all he could as im sure many others did
Don’t blame him I think most would

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:24 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:One of the most common scams in the country for about 5-10 yrs, the old “ passengers on the bus” con ( car pulls out hits bus and a load of tracksuit wearing chavs claim whiplash )
I was in an accident on the motorway as a passenger on a bus to Manchester - I never claimed but later found out mates had and were paid out a decent lump ....... kinda wish I had claimed tbh :lol: