BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Woodleyclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:46 pm

We are an established Premier league club and repeatedly being told no players need to be sold.So why would we sell Dwight?We need to sort put Toms contract and a 3yr deal for a keeper in his prime is not unreasonable.
Nick needs to be No2 and Joe shipped out
This user liked this post: longsidepies

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 pm

SGr wrote:If we don’t sort central midfield now, the problem will persist and get worse. And before we know it instead of it being the “only” problem position, it’ll be one of 2 or 3 that will all need sorting at the same time.

We leave this another year again, and summer 2020 will require about 3 first team signings minimum. Right back is going to become an issue if it isn’t already. We’ll need a winger too most likely. And that’s if we don’t also have players to replace (which we probably will given McNeil’s quality).
Succession planning is an issue and must start now in cm. It's a year late. We could have brought in a younger player last summer and blooded him. Now we need to spend more.
This user liked this post: rob63

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:57 pm

summitclaret wrote:Succession planning is an issue and must start now in cm. It's a year late. We could have brought in a younger player last summer and blooded him. Now we need to spend more.
Could have brought in a younger player last year?

Do you mean someone like Josh Benson?

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:03 pm

No someone with reasonable experience of first team football probably championship.
These 2 users liked this post: jojomk1 ElectroClaret

claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by claret59 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 pm

Tom Cleverly........Jesus lookin Christ.
Jesus Christ be praised.

northernpowerhouse
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by northernpowerhouse » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Phillip Billing gone to Bournemouth for £15 million.

Should have been ours in my opinion.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:57 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:A little bit unfair on Jones. He was crucial for his whole 3 years at Burnley. He played in two magnificent promotion seasons and a season in the Premier League. Not bad for a one dimensional midfielder....
Possibly yeah but he was more a side passer than a through ball midfielder but agree he was good for us.

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:00 pm

jurek wrote:I'm sure Dyche is aware of the scenario with both Defour
and the need to have another central midfielder as we can't rely on Defour
and his fitness issues.

Hopefully one that can improve the team?

That's where I have a concern as I do feel if we managed to get
someone in who could improve the team then we'd be relatively well set up.
However, I do also feel that it's as likely that we do not get someone in who can make a difference
but someone who makes up the numbers -just in case.

If that happened then,for me, that would constitute a pretty poor transfer window
and leave us (apart from Jayrod) with the same team as last year.

Everyone on here is happy with same team year after year so be careful - you are not allowed to improve and ship some out.
This user liked this post: jojomk1

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:05 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:Everyone on here is happy with same team year after year so be careful - you are not allowed to improve and ship some out.
That's so far from the truth. Overwhelming majority have said we must make signings.
Last edited by taio on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:11 pm

summitclaret wrote:Succession planning is an issue and must start now in cm. It's a year late. We could have brought in a younger player last summer and blooded him. Now we need to spend more.
Yep spot on. You stand still for a moment in the league and you’ll be sliding right down it.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:15 pm

I haven’t got the time nor the patience to read through the entire drivel on here but, how anybody can say that we DO NOT need to sign a central midfielder is beyond me.
These 3 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Woodleyclaret Narwhalchomper

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:16 pm

northernpowerhouse wrote:Phillip Billing gone to Bournemouth for £15 million.

Should have been ours in my opinion.
Not sure if he woulda, coulda, or shoulda been ours but he looked like a realistic prospect that would have ticked a number of our boxes. He did, however, look poor in what I saw of him in the U21 Euros.

UTC!

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:20 pm

Duffer_ wrote:Not sure if he woulda, coulda, or shoulda been ours but he looked like a realistic prospect that would have ticked a number of our boxes. He did, however, look poor in what I saw of him in the U21 Euros.

UTC!
No better than what we have. Town mate of mine thinks they've had Bournemouths pants down.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 pm

We have cover all over the team-4 wide men, four strikers including Vydra, three keepers, four centre backs if you include Long, but only 3 central midfielders.

Last season Cork and Westwood(at times Hendrick) played CM virtually all season. Westwood really improved and earned his place. For me he was the surprise and most improved player in the team. Cork having got into the England team went the other way. He has lost a yard and the opposition midfielders are now starting to target him. He seems to lack upper body power despite his undisputed stamina, and is being robbed of the ball more and more. His confidence will have gone and sadly he has a tendency when deep and under pressure, to make mistakes.

Play well or badly Jack starts every game. Hendrick I feel, we have not seen the best of , or alternatively this has not been extracted from him. A shame as he has become the whipping boy for the crowd or the early substitute. For me he could be one of our outstanding and talented players

The obvious therefore-why are we not looking for a defensive CM, with physical strength and vision. I have said before this is where the club needs to show ambition . A shame we did not go for someone like Shelvey before Bruce joined Newcastle.He has a bit of steel about him and is a superb passer of the ball

Before someone jumps down my throat about his disciplinary record-if SD can manage Joey then he could manage this guy
This user liked this post: jojomk1

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:No better than what we have. Town mate of mine thinks they've had Bournemouths pants down.
Town mate of mine reckons he's quality. Some Town fans mistook his languid style for lack of effort but his numbers were always decent.

UTC!

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:48 pm

SGr wrote:Yep spot on. You stand still for a moment in the league and you’ll be sliding right down it.
This is an oft-quoted platitude, but for it to be true, the standard of the league - and every club in it - would have to be improving every season. Not just the leaders getting better, but every level of the league getting better.

Which it isn't.

It will be disappointing if we don't sign another central midfielder - without one, now we know Defour is struggling again, we'll have gone backwards in midfield, not just stood still - but let's get it in proportion.
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick Dougall

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Unless we strengthen in the next 10 days , we'll find out how much of a platitude it is.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:42 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Unless we strengthen in the next 10 days , we'll find out how much of a platitude it is.
When is the last time we haven't made a signing in the last few days of the summer transfer window?

We'll sign someone.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Tall Paul wrote:When is the last time we haven't made a signing in the last few days of the summer transfer window?

We'll sign someone.
We could operate like that for the next 10 windows and people would still spend the window panicking/complaining.

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:50 pm

Another fella with a crystal ball

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 pm

Blyclaret wrote:Another fella with a crystal ball
Me or Sid?

If you're talking about me, it doesn't take a crystal ball to predict that we'll make a signing late in the window, just an ability to look at what has happened in every single summer window since SD's first promotion to the PL.

I'd be happy to put money on it if you think I'm wrong, I'll even give you odds.

SGr

Post by SGr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:44 am

claretspice wrote:This is an oft-quoted platitude, but for it to be true, the standard of the league - and every club in it - would have to be improving every season. Not just the leaders getting better, but every level of the league getting better.

Which it isn't.
Except you’re wrong.

It is.

Every level of football in this division is improving. The likes of Wolves, West Ham, Leicester, Everton, would simply destroy similarly placed teams of 5-10 years ago. As would the likes of us, Bournemouth, etc to the relegation avoiders such as Wigan when they were here. The Premier League is a different animal these days, we have elite managers like Pellegrini managing midtable sides. Like I said, you stand still and you will be punished. Proportionally speaking, we will get worse every season if we continue to not improve the first team.

SGr

Post by SGr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:47 am

I don’t care if we make or signing or not half as much as I care if we make a quality signing or not. The first XI is paramount, everything else comes after.

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3950 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:51 am

Lew200100 wrote:I have it on good authority we are about to sign a central attacking midfielder that is still quite young (21). He is a ex Liverpool lad who was very highly rated. He is a very good prospect watch this space
Still waiting on this little nugget....

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:40 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:Possibly yeah but he was more a side passer than a through ball midfielder but agree he was good for us.
Pass to the side and backwards ( usually to someone borderline marked ) doesn’t ( couldn’t ) carry the ball at his feet, didn’t tackle or go for 50/50s, didn’t impose himself physically, didn’t score, rarely provided assists. An absolute imposter of a player. Has always lost his place and moved on at every club he’s been too.

Iv no doubt he trains very well and listens to tactical advise but he didn’t do anything. Just popped the ball 5-10 yards to someone else to deal with and got back into a defensive position without actually tackling anyone. That’s all he done/was capable of.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:01 am

Tall Paul wrote:When is the last time we haven't made a signing in the last few days of the summer transfer window?

We'll sign someone.
Leaving it till the last few days works well , you only need to look at the Vydra and Wells signings :roll:

Sleeping Cat
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Sleeping Cat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:04 am

So no transfer news then

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:10 am

Sleeping Cat wrote:So no transfer news then
''We're still looking"

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:13 am

joey13 wrote:Leaving it till the last few days works well , you only need to look at the Vydra and Wells signings :roll:
Alternatively, you could look at the George Boyd, Michael Keane, Andre Gray, Joey Barton, Jeff Hendrick or Chris Wood signings. :roll: :roll:
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick Holtyclaret

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:25 am

Tall Paul wrote:Alternatively, you could look at the George Boyd, Michael Keane, Andre Gray, Joey Barton, Jeff Hendrick or Chris Wood signings. :roll: :roll:
Add Ashley Westwood to that list - he was 31st January.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:42 am

dsr wrote:Add Ashley Westwood to that list - he was 31st January.
The original point was relating to summer windows but yes, that was another late signing that has been successful.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:54 am

No matter what whoever signs now will not be seen until xmas at the earliest as they wont be deemed Dyche fit. We go with what we have got now sadly. Disappointing window yes but we ended the season well and I see no reason why that cant be carried on. Also believe unless Pope is fit by the end of this week /early next then we will start the season with 3 GK's (Heaton, Hart, Pope) and Pope may have a season as No 3

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6417 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:00 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:No matter what whoever signs now will not be seen until xmas at the earliest as they wont be deemed Dyche fit.
I dont buy into this Dyche fit mantra personally. Is anyone suggesting that if we signed Bale or Messi that they wouldn't be fit enough to play so wouldn't get selected? I would argue that the right player would get in the team on merit, most pro footballers are supremely fit anyway, so this Dyche fit argument doesn't wash with me.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:03 am

Rick_Muller wrote:I dont buy into this Dyche fit mantra personally. Is anyone suggesting that if we signed Bale or Messi that they wouldn't be fit enough to play so wouldn't get selected? I would argue that the right player would get in the team on merit, most pro footballers are supremely fit anyway, so this Dyche fit argument doesn't wash with me.
I agree. Didn't Defour get straight into the team?

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:07 am

Right_winger wrote:Pass to the side and backwards ( usually to someone borderline marked ) doesn’t ( couldn’t ) carry the ball at his feet, didn’t tackle or go for 50/50s, didn’t impose himself physically, didn’t score, rarely provided assists. An absolute imposter of a player. Has always lost his place and moved on at every club he’s been too.

Iv no doubt he trains very well and listens to tactical advise but he didn’t do anything. Just popped the ball 5-10 yards to someone else to deal with and got back into a defensive position without actually tackling anyone. That’s all he done/was capable of.
Ha I think he did a bit more than that but I get your point.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:12 am

Right_winger wrote:Pass to the side and backwards ( usually to someone borderline marked ) doesn’t ( couldn’t ) carry the ball at his feet, didn’t tackle or go for 50/50s, didn’t impose himself physically, didn’t score, rarely provided assists. An absolute imposter of a player. Has always lost his place and moved on at every club he’s been too.

You can't be on about David Jones...

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:15 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:No matter what whoever signs now will not be seen until xmas at the earliest as they wont be deemed Dyche fit.
That's absolute rubbish as well.

Of those listed in my earlier post, they all featured in the matchday squad pretty much straight away and all but Keane were starting within a few weeks.

Grimsdale
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Post by Grimsdale » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:19 am

Chris Wood signed on the 21st August, he was scoring the equaliser against Spurs 6 days later. Not quite Christmas.
These 3 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Bosscat Lord Beamish

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:19 am

I accept that football is all about opinions but the above (in my opinion) just shows how little you know or understand about football.
Just look at our results when Jones didn’t play.
You seem to suggest it’s easy to take a ball into your feet, find space and find the right player with a pass.
It might be easy when you are not being marked and you just simply pass it back to one of the central defenders but Jones rarely did that.
He was the person who instigated most of our moves. The one who found either Trippier out wide or Ings to his feet or in the channel.
We went from a team whose midfielders constantly gave the ball away to a team with a framework and a way of playing - and Jones was absolutely central to all of that.
To call him an “imposter of a player” is complete and utter sh-ite....in my opinion of course.
These 4 users liked this post: IWOODLOVETT GodIsADeeJay81 Lord Beamish Greenmile

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:33 am

What page are the links on?
These 2 users liked this post: Jel FactualFrank

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:34 am

Tall Paul wrote:Alternatively, you could look at the George Boyd, Michael Keane, Andre Gray, Joey Barton, Jeff Hendrick or Chris Wood signings. :roll: :roll:
Hardly recent signings :roll: :roll: :roll:

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:36 am

dsr wrote:Add Ashley Westwood to that list - he was 31st January.
Add Peter Crouch to that list :lol:

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:38 am

Quicknick wrote:I agree. Didn't Defour get straight into the team?
Yeah, and look what happened to him!! Never been fit since!! :D
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller GodIsADeeJay81

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 am

joey13 wrote:Hardly recent signings :roll: :roll: :roll:
Why do they have to be recent signings? To fit your narrative?

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:19 am

Cleveleys_claret wrote:No matter what whoever signs now will not be seen until xmas at the earliest as they wont be deemed Dyche fit. We go with what we have got now sadly. Disappointing window yes but we ended the season well and I see no reason why that cant be carried on. Also believe unless Pope is fit by the end of this week /early next then we will start the season with 3 GK's (Heaton, Hart, Pope) and Pope may have a season as No 3
I'm not sure it's a case of 'Dyche fit', but more a case of being capable of playing the effective style that gets us results, which Burnley players need to do be capable of (as much as some fans hate it) as well as add their own skill-set.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Anyone got a link to any transfer news? Asking for a friend.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank TheOriginalLongsider

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Mr T Paul
Crystal Ball

JamesSherbourne
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by JamesSherbourne » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:30 pm

Reality is nobody oh here knows owt - chill out and wait

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Burnley fans looking for any drop of transfer gossip...

This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:38 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Why do they have to be recent signings? To fit your narrative?
Relevance , stop playing dim to fit in with your narrative or at least take a day off