BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 466 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by COBBLE » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:09 am

NL Claret wrote:Have you ever thought players aren't attracted to Burnley, there's probably 19 more attractive clubs in the PL.

Why come to Burnley , even in Lancashire, when there is more cash and bright lights elsewhere?
Players come to play for Burnley FC not live in the neighbourhood. If the money is right, living in Alderley Edge, Hale Barns, Prestbury, Wilmslow etc where most of the Manchester players survive will meet expectations.

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:14 am

Eddie after Victor

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:17 am

Spijed wrote:Another supporter who knows better than our manager.
No our manager has traits and a style which he will not deviate from. It’s frustrating as every other club isn’t hamstrung by our narrow approach.

HarryPottsDesk
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by HarryPottsDesk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:21 am

It must be frustrating for you when you know so much better. What do you do for a living?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:23 am

Right_winger wrote:No our manager has traits and a style which he will not deviate from. It’s frustrating as every other club isn’t hamstrung by our narrow approach.
Our hamstrung approach has made us the 15th best team in the country. What’s to say that a less ‘hamstrung’ approach would yield more success?

burnley007
Been Liked: 630 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by burnley007 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:23 am

Right_winger wrote:No our manager has traits and a style which he will not deviate from. It’s frustrating as every other club isn’t hamstrung by our narrow approach.
I'm sick of our narrow approach keeping us in the Premier League year after year. It's so frustrating.
This user liked this post: beeholeclaret

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:24 am

And yet we are far more successful than the majority of clubs because of the way we do things.

How many clubs have played in Europe in recent times, aside from the big clubs, including Everton.

Not many. You could say teams like Bournemouth and Watford have failed in comparison to us.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 285 times
Has Liked: 423 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:31 am

A lot of the other clubs have serious financial backing and get much bigger crowds than us as well as the Premier League payments that we get.
I think you’ll find that’s what leaves us hamstrung more than any of the “traits” of the best manager we’ve had in years.
Last edited by Hapag Lloyd on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: jtv

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:33 am

I find it odd how many supporters see success as buying players.

For me success shows in the table not how much we can spend on the squad.

Safron
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Safron » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:36 am

3158 posts , amazing for a thread on transfers,when we have only signed 2 players for first team selection wow

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:38 am

Safron wrote:3158 posts , amazing for a thread on transfers,when we have only signed 2 players for first team selection wow
The links to posts rate is bloody terrible! :lol:
This user liked this post: TheOriginalLongsider

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:41 am

Safron wrote:3158 posts , amazing for a thread on transfers,when we have only signed 2 players for first team selection wow
I know, but it gives everyone something to complain about, gives people chance to
argue with each other via keyboards and it keeps the summer months going. :lol:

Blyclaret

Post by Blyclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:43 am

Hard to supply links when we not linked to anybody

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:48 am

elwaclaret wrote:I find it odd how many supporters see success as buying players.

For me success shows in the table not how much we can spend on the squad.
I think supporters see buying players as helping enable success not actually being success itself. I very much doubt without signing Barton and Gray near the end of the 2015 window we'd have got promoted never mind been Champions. Without signing Brady, Wood and Cork I doubt we'd have finished 7th and had the magic of Europe

Without strengthening the attack (which we've done) and the midfield some fans think we will really struggle and being fans they dont want that hence why they really want Burnley to sign a good midfielder before the window closes
These 6 users liked this post: DCWat burnleymik Turfytop Longsider Vegas Claret Blackrod

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:53 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:I think supporters see buying players as helping enable success not actually being success itself. I very much doubt without signing Barton and Gray near the end of the 2015 window we'd have got promoted never mind been Champions. Without signing Brady, Wood and Cork I doubt we'd have finished 7th and had the magic of Europe

Without strengthening the attack (which we've done) and the midfield some fans think we will really struggle and being fans they dont want that hence why they really want Burnley to sign a good midfielder before the window closes
Exactly.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:57 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:I think supporters see buying players as helping enable success not actually being success itself. I very much doubt without signing Barton and Gray near the end of the 2015 window we'd have got promoted never mind been Champions. Without signing Brady, Wood and Cork I doubt we'd have finished 7th and had the magic of Europe

I think everyone wants us to strengthen in midfield. I think the board does and I think the management does.

Do people on here have to relentlessly bang on about it every single day until the window closes?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I think everyone wants us to strengthen in midfield. I think the board does and I think the management does.

Do people on here have to relentlessly bang on about it every single day until the window closes?
Its what messageboards are for and those who argue back relentlessly from the other side are no better.

I don't get involved too much in the transfer stuff cos it doesnt bother me and my reply was more about Elwa's interpretation cos I think it lacked understanding what drives those who as you say bang on about it
This user liked this post: Turfytop

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:04 pm

Same old same old. Been like this for 4 years. Same people defend it every year and say wait until the last day before judging, then nothing happens on the last day and they are disappointed but defend it anyway.

Many teams like Stoke, Aston Villa, Newcastle etc have followed this pattern in the last 10 years and it only ever heads in one direction. The lack of investment eventually tells in the results. We were lucky to have got away with it last season.
Last edited by Steddyman on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 5 users liked this post: BOYSIE31 ZizkovClaret cblantfanclub rob63 Right_winger

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:05 pm

COBBLE wrote:Players come to play for Burnley FC not live in the neighbourhood. If the money is right, living in Alderley Edge, Hale Barns, Prestbury, Wilmslow etc where most of the Manchester players survive will meet expectations.
I'd never thought about that, perhaps someone should have told Che Adams or the lad who went to Atalanta from Belgium about the Cheshire set then it would have been a done deal I guess.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Steddyman wrote:Same old same old. Been like this for 4 years. Same people defend it every year and say wait until the last day before judging, then nothing happens on the last day and they are disappointed but defend it anyway.

Many teams like Stoke, Aston Villa, Newcastle etc have followed this pattern in the last 10 years and it only ever heads in one direction.
Isn't there only 6 clubs in the current PL who have been in it since it started in the early 90s? History will tell you clubs of our size will eventually get relegated. We aren't as massive as some think.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Richardsbfc wrote:Very bizarre comment.
Very bizarre to make stuff up, post it on the internet, pretend you know something and tell porkies where you work etc.

But each to their own.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Its what messageboards are for and those who argue back relentlessly from the other side are no better.

I don't get involved too much in the transfer stuff cos it doesnt bother me and my reply was more about Elwa's interpretation cos I think it lacked understanding what drives those who as you say bang on about it
I think that everybody understands that people’s frustrations are that by not signing players we are not strengthening the squad. Although we have actually signed players and strengthened the squad.

Our recent league finishes suggest that our transfer policy is successful though, and ultimately where we finish in the league should dictate whether or not we have been successful in trading players and investing in the squad.

Maybe Dyche is desperate to bring a midfielder in. Maybe he thinks that Benson is capable of stepping up in the same way that McNeill has. Maybe he has been advised by medical professionals that Defour is close to a return (this will lead to sniggers no doubt, but we don’t know Defour’s medical status). Maybe we will break our transfer record and bring in a midfielder before the end of the window.

What I don’t understand is the daily moaning during the period of time in which we are allowed to sign players. It’s nonsensical.
These 2 users liked this post: halfmanhalfbiscuit Taffy on the wing

northernpowerhouse
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by northernpowerhouse » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Victor Camarasa going to Palace. One year loan with an obligation to buy for €13.5 million. Bargain.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I think that everybody understands that people’s frustrations are that by not signing players we are not strengthening the squad. Although we have actually signed players and strengthened the squad.

Our recent league finishes suggest that our transfer policy is successful though, and ultimately where we finish in the league should dictate whether or not we have been successful in trading players and investing in the squad.

Maybe Dyche is desperate to bring a midfielder in. Maybe he thinks that Benson is capable of stepping up in the same way that McNeill has. Maybe he has been advised by medical professionals that Defour is close to a return (this will lead to sniggers no doubt, but we don’t know Defour’s medical status). Maybe we will break our transfer record and bring in a midfielder before the end of the window.

What I don’t understand is the daily moaning during the period of time in which we are allowed to sign players. It’s nonsensical.
Fair enough but this has nothing to do with what my I was posting about. Elwa's view was that posters saw signing players as success rather than the league position. I disagreed and explained that posters see the two as related and not a separate entity.

I couldnt care less if people moan everyday or people have to bang on relentlessly how great and lucky we are. If I dont like the post I ignore it, its not hard.
These 3 users liked this post: halfmanhalfbiscuit Turfytop BOYSIE31

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Hapag Lloyd wrote:A lot of the other clubs have serious financial backing and get much bigger crowds than us as well as the Premier League payments that we get.
I think you’ll find that’s what leaves us hamstrung more than any of the “traits” of the best manager we’ve had in years.
Just a pity he plays an awful brand of football
This user liked this post: Right_winger

creepingdeath
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by creepingdeath » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:35 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:Just a pity he plays an awful brand of football

Why dont you go and support another team as Burnley are clearly not making you happy and I worry for your mental health

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3062 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:40 pm

creepingdeath wrote:Why dont you go and support another team as Burnley are clearly not making you happy and I worry for your mental health
Haha if that was an option im sure a few would have over the years, but you just can't can you?

Once the claret and blue narcotic has its claws into you, you don't get "clean" again ha

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 466 times

Post by COBBLE » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:42 pm

NL Claret wrote:I'd never thought about that, perhaps someone should have told Che Adams or the lad who went to Atalanta from Belgium about the Cheshire set then it would have been a done deal I guess.
How do you know we were interested, and matched or exceeded, the salary offered elsewhere?
This user liked this post: creepingdeath

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:43 pm

No he doesn't, games like West Ham and Spurs at home last season saw us play brilliant football !

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:52 pm

To be fair, we didn't on Tuesday, It was lovely stuff. He does resort to Hoofball though if the exciting stuff doesn't work as we saw at the start of last season.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Good grief. Some people are never satisfied. It's not awful. It's about being functional and pragmatic in order to stay in the Premier League as long as possible. If we didn't cut our cloth accordingly in such a way there would be a much greater chance of relegation. It's incredible how you cannot see and make allowances for that.
These 2 users liked this post: creepingdeath Stalbansclaret

Richardsbfc
Been Liked: 66 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by Richardsbfc » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:04 pm

MACCA wrote:Very bizarre to make stuff up, post it on the internet, pretend you know something and tell porkies where you work etc.

But each to their own.
Relax MACCA. Take it for what it was, a little fun, which some men of all ages took serious. A little bit like Adnan Januzaj rumour in January.

Two things for certain, they was an appointment at the Manchester Institute yesterday. I also dont work in Nelson.

Blyclaret

Post by Blyclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Clown.
This user liked this post: Richardsbfc

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Richardsbfc wrote:Relax MACCA. Take it for what it was, a little fun, which some men of all ages took serious. A little bit like Adnan Januzaj rumour in January.

Two things for certain, they was an appointment at the Manchester Institute yesterday. I also dont work in Nelson.
I think people take it serious as they don’t understand how someone clearly old enough to understand how to use a messageboard would be immature and childish enough to invent such a story for no reason. A ‘bit of fun’ isn’t telling lies, it’s something primary school children do.
This user liked this post: Richardsbfc

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Spijed wrote:Another supporter who knows better than our manager.
He’s not saying he knows better than SD. He is saying that SD is reluctant to bring in foreigners. As we have only had D4 & Hennings coming directly from abroad there must be a grain of truth in his thinking. As neither has been a complete success, for different reasons, I can understand SDs doubts if not agreeing with them.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Fair enough but this has nothing to do with what my I was posting about. Elwa's view was that posters saw signing players as success rather than the league position. I disagreed and explained that posters see the two as related and not a separate entity.

I couldnt care less if people moan everyday or people have to bang on relentlessly how great and lucky we are. If I dont like the post I ignore it, its not hard.
I agree broadly with your first point, however it does seem to me that a handful of posters on here are actually more interested in spending money and making signings for entertainment purposes.

I have to disagree with your second paragraph though. It isn’t easy to ignore a post without ignoring a thread. It is the same with relentless trolling, which you’re well versed in, although have refreshingly reigned it in. It litters the messageboard in the same way that daily whinging from Boysie et al does without adding any substance to the topic.

Anyway, no point giving it more airtime than it needs. It’s just mind-numbingly predictable and boring.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Stoke are a great example of a team whose fans got fed up with a perceived negative brand of football. Alongside Stoke there are plenty others that have wanted more and ended up back in the Championship.

Football is much more than simply attacking flair. Some of our defensive work in the second half of last season and of course the season before, was fantastic.

OK so we don’t always play the most eye catching football but it’s far from all negative. Against a lot of teams in our division, we have to play to our strengths, against teams with much more money.
These 2 users liked this post: creepingdeath Stalbansclaret

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:15 pm

DCWat wrote:Stoke are a great example of a team whose fans got fed up with a perceived negative brand of football. Alongside Stoke there are plenty others that have wanted more and ended up back in the Championship.

Football is much more than simply attacking flair. Some of our defensive work in the second half of last season and of course the season before, was fantastic.

OK so we don’t always play the most eye catching football but it’s far from all negative. Against a lot of teams in our division, we have to play to our strengths, against teams with much more money.
It’s what a lot of people don’t get about Cork. Sure he’s not the most exciting footballer and he doesn’t contribute an awful lot to attacks, but he puts the biggest shift in and is arguably our most important player without the ball.

Considering we are without the ball for 60% of the game what we do out of possession is invariably more important than what we do in possession.
These 2 users liked this post: creepingdeath DCWat

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:19 pm

northernpowerhouse wrote:Victor Camarasa going to Palace. One year loan with an obligation to buy for €13.5 million. Bargain.
Quality signing especially for that price. My eyes now fall on Burnley.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:22 pm

If you’re not enjoying it don’t go. There’s lots of things to do these days, no point spending your time on things that make you miserable. I’m still loving it.
These 3 users liked this post: creepingdeath Lord Beamish Stalbansclaret

Blyclaret

Post by Blyclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:25 pm

After 48 years of supporting Burnley
Im still loving it

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:34 pm

martin_p wrote:If you’re not enjoying it don’t go. There’s lots of things to do these days, no point spending your time on things that make you miserable. I’m still loving it.
In fairness, that’s whit I’m doing this year. I’m a bit jaded by Football in general, so have eschewed a Season Ticket and will be picking and choosing my matches, this term.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:39 pm

Richardsbfc wrote:Relax MACCA. Take it for what it was, a little fun, which some men of all ages took serious. A little bit like Adnan Januzaj rumour in January.

I'm relaxed, was just digging back from your little fun.

2 other certain things, I never said there wasn't an appointment yesterday ( they is almost a certainty there would be ) and secondly who said you worked in Nelson?

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:48 pm

I do get the feeling that we go into negotiations of signing players as little old Burnley. Almost apologetic to ask if we can have a price please sir.

Other clubs like Palace just come straight in and make an offer (which is NOT paying over the top) and have the deal done in days. We seem to ask for permission.

An apology to the clappers for my negativity. I've mostly stayed away from making these sorts of comments in this window but I do get frustrated when we miss out on players we are clearly interested in, but we are waiting at the end of the line hoping the player will run out of options on deadline day and come to us anyway.
Last edited by Steddyman on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Other clubs like Palace just come straight in and make an offer (which is paying over the top) and have the deal done in days. We seem to ask for permission.

Im sorry i cant let that pass.

Is this the same crystal palace who have signed one player for 2.5 mil and that was agreed as part of a loan deal last season?

They have bid for a striker and that has been going for a couple of days and a midfielder from portugal who according to everyone was signing last week.

I cant remember anytime were i thought wow crystal palace they really work a transfer season.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 2963 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:04 pm

taio wrote:Good grief. Some people are never satisfied. It's not awful. It's about being functional and pragmatic in order to stay in the Premier League as long as possible. If we didn't cut our cloth accordingly in such a way there would be a much greater chance of relegation. It's incredible how you cannot see and make allowances for that.
THIS !! it is indeed utterly incredible.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3162 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I think that everybody understands that people’s frustrations are that by not signing players we are not strengthening the squad. Although we have actually signed players and strengthened the squad.

Hear, Hear!

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:31 pm

I’ll be glad when it’s 17:05 on Thursday and this is all over

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:47 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:I’ll be glad when it’s 17:05 on Thursday and this is all over
It's a battle of ideologies, or mindsets at least, so it's never over.

UTC!

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:18 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:I’ll be glad when it’s 17:05 on Thursday and this is all over
It's not over until the midfielder sings, I mean signs.