BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:13 am

Has Hendrick been offered an extension?
If not he must be considered surplus.

Has he turned down an offer?
If so he thinks he’s worth more or he wants to leave.

The next 4 days will give more clues. As a jack-of-all-trades I’d be looking to keep him but he isn’t a starter.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:15 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:The question isnt wether Benson is good enough for the premier league but would he be able to fill Corks boots. I leave that to those that know him better.
I would say that he, or any others of our development team, would benefit and learn more from playing in the first team. That doesn't mean any of them would make the step up, just it would make them better players.
Sorry, but what?

If we do decide to go with him this season, of course it's about whether he's good enough for the PL. Unless you think we should just play the kids, whether they are good enough yet or not, because it's about getting first team experience?

I don't know yet whether he will be or won't be. But I have said it's unlikely, just by looking at history, even though McNeil is a rare anomaly. I'd send him out loan this season to get that first team experience and reassess next summer.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:18 am

jedi_master wrote:So Nixon has just said we are going to ‘fund’ our next signing by selling Jeff Hendrick.

That’s right, ‘fund’.

If that has to happen to make something else happen then serious questions need asking. Also, where’s the logic in us finally plugging our CM depth hole by selling a CM (and also a valuable utility player)? Baffling, if this is in anyway true.

Out of contract in a year, but in the circumstances, I’d keep him and see what happens.
You're reading too much into Nixon's post. We do need to watch the pennies, but I doubt we need sell anybody to Fund a replacement. He's just embellishing like most journos do.

I do think Jeff is worth another contract. He does appear to be the favourite whipping boy at the moment, but I think he is vastly underrated. He plays happily, wherever SD puts him and always gives his all. A move back into CM alongside Westwood, could be the making of him, in the eyes of his doubters.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:29 am

ClaretAL wrote:Bielsa isnt so sure..... https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9913872

But Villa reported to be interested too.
Villas squad is massive, and could they guarantee him a start. We could, it depends what matters to the lad. He'll also have CT to ask what the club is like. So long as he doesn't ask Vydra.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:You're reading too much into Nixon's post. We do need to watch the pennies, but I doubt we need sell anybody to Fund a replacement. He's just embellishing like most journos do.

I do think Jeff is worth another contract. He does appear to be the favourite whipping boy at the moment, but I think he is vastly underrated. He plays happily, wherever SD puts him and always gives his all. A move back into CM alongside Westwood, could be the making of him, in the eyes of his doubters.
How often does SD not play Hendrick? He must like him.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 am

ksrclaret wrote:Sorry, but what?

If we do decide to go with him this season, of course it's about whether he's good enough for the PL. Unless you think we should just play the kids, whether they are good enough yet or not, because it's about getting first team experience?

I don't know yet whether he will be or won't be. But I have said it's unlikely, just by looking at history, even though McNeil is a rare anomaly. I'd send him out loan this season to get that first team experience and reassess next summer.
On loan where at what level. Even playing Championship football isnt going to improve him greatly.
Taylor took time to settle in at right back, it's only natural. Hes improved with that experience.
McNeil is improving all the time, with the experience.
If Benson is given a shot, he will take time to get used to it as well, but given time will probably improve as well.
I'm not saying give Benson the chance, but if we fail to buy a CM, we may well have no choice.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:43 am

At 29, youd think he is si.ilar to Cork that means his style and attributes may only be there for a season or 2.

Could be another 2 year stop gap, but I'd much rather be breaking our transfer record on someone with either there best 5 years ahead of them, time to develop and improve, possibly sell on for a bigger fee and not be dead money.

Hey ho we will see

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:44 am

Nixon says the bid for Phillips was around 11m plus Vydra.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 am

AndyClaret wrote:Nixon says the bid for Phillips was around 11m plus Vydra.
Think we'd need to add another 5 on.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:53 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:Don’t disagree about Lennon, but this lad has got to be coached to attack both sides. He can’t just cut in every time.

Pace always kills, so there’s potential, but on the showing we’ve had 20 million is a big gamble.

I am enjoying the silence that’s coming out of Newcastle, they have nothing to moan about. Ashley’s giving them what they want.
I think the Geordies are a bit baffled at the mo, they seem to be getting something, even if it's not what they want, so they're unsure whether to complain or not. Clever of Ashley as it's stopped the Rafa moans too.
They said the same of Arjen Robben cutting back inside too but he's spent more than 10 years pulling the same trick, it seems to depend how good you are at it.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:54 am

£15m and Vydra I think could get this done. Going to be a manic few days by the looks of it

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:56 am

AndyClaret wrote:Nixon says the bid for Phillips was around 11m plus Vydra.
They apparently want 30m (press story), so I reckon a deal valued at 25 would get him. If we say Vydra is worth about 10 now, I think 15-16m cash would get him, regardless of what Leeds fans on Twitter might say.

The question is, do they even want Vydra?

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:56 am

Lennon instead or in addition ?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6416 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:00 pm

People confuse the fact that we’re cash rich, not rich. We’ve got cash to buy players, but not necessarily the funds for wages unless we move players on.

I don’t want to lose Hendrick, but if it means we get a better player then I’m open to possibilities. Phillips looks good to me, and Vydra’s days are numbered

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:02 pm

People are also forgetting that Vydras wages will be off the books of this deal actually does go through, so no need to lose Hendrick

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:05 pm

MACCA wrote:At 29, youd think he is si.ilar to Cork that means his style and attributes may only be there for a season or 2.

Could be another 2 year stop gap, but I'd much rather be breaking our transfer record on someone with either there best 5 years ahead of them, time to develop and improve, possibly sell on for a bigger fee and not be dead money.

Hey ho we will see
Sorry who’s this not following

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:12 pm

jedi_master wrote:They apparently want 30m (press story), so I reckon a deal valued at 25 would get him. If we say Vydra is worth about 10 now, I think 15-16m cash would get him, regardless of what Leeds fans on Twitter might say.

The question is, do they even want Vydra?
Local Leeds journo says they aren't after Vydra so we will have to wait and see, you'd have thought we would have sounded this out before offering him.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:27 pm

Realistically the fact that it has been “outed” as a rumour gives no indication of how serious or not the discussion was. It could be anything from a casual call to full on negotiations are taking place. They could have been discussing it all through the summer for all we know... or mentioned him in passing...or not at all.

Yet people still set their hearts on it happening and then blame the club when no signing is made. I find it really strange, like testing patients with ink blots to see if they are mentally stable. Can’t wait for the doctors report on this summer coming out.
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick cblantfanclub

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:29 pm

I'll be amazed if Leeds are willing to lose one of their key men at this stage of the transfer window.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:30 pm

jrgbfc wrote:I'll be amazed if Leeds are willing to lose one of their key men at this stage of the transfer window.
Money talks mate,offer enough,they'll crack.

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Dirty Leeds

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:People confuse the fact that we’re cash rich, not rich. We’ve got cash to buy players, but not necessarily the funds for wages unless we move players on.

I don’t want to lose Hendrick, but if it means we get a better player then I’m open to possibilities. Phillips looks good to me, and Vydra’s days are numbered
The accounts and the bonus structure seem to suggest we have got enough leeway to fund a wage increase.
We also have Ward, Walters, Vokes and Crouch off the books - and Pieters and Rodriguez brought in which you would expect to be a net reduction in the wage bill.

I’ve seen a few people on this board suggesting our bonus structure is linked more to survival than to how high we finish - not so sure on this personally given the last set of accounts where I can’t see it was coincidental that we posted that level of total wages after finishing 7th. Dyche has also said we have a basic wage level of around £60m.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

rob63

Post by rob63 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:08 pm

williamjblazkowicz wrote:At this stage, I think it would be quicker to come up with a list of players that Villa aren't interested in.
They've certainly gone for the scatter gun approach, even Nicko couldn't keep up with the players they've been interested in!
Here's hoping they do a Fulham, although their manager has a tougher & more pragmatic approach to players performance.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Kalvin Phillips? It’s a resounding YES from me.

rob63

Post by rob63 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 pm

ksrclaret wrote:Sorry, but what?

Good call, it's either out on loan- at least till January at a decent Championship club or he'll be limited to 10 minute sub appearances every few matches with the first team with an occasional U-23 game to keep fit, know which would be better for his development.

rob63

Post by rob63 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:21 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Think we'd need to add another 5 on.
I'd try 3 Frank, but I think the club seems to favour 2m increments

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:24 pm

rob63 wrote:Good call, it's either out on loan- at least till January at a decent Championship club or he'll be limited to 10 minute sub appearances every few matches with the first team with an occasional U-23 game to keep fit, know which would be better for his development.
He'll be unlikely to get on the bench though. We're likely to have a full back, centre back, centre mid, winger and 2 strikers on the bench so it'll be who misses out from Cork, Westwood and Hendrick on the bench as the centre mid sub.

Obviously if we get an injury to one of them he might just make the bench but otherwise he'll just be an unused squad player

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Benson and Dunne would be best going somwwhere like Fleetwood or Blackpool. Guaranteed games and I know a level below the championship but they would learn game management and get mins on the pitch. If they shine then it will only help their confidence. Sometimes the Championship is too cut throat and they would probably struggle getting gametime unless they chose someone like Wigan

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Blackrod wrote:Lennon instead or in addition ?
Lennon has been our best player for the last two games. Why would we possibly want to get rid of Lennon?

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:10 pm

I would have gone with Lowton yesterday

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3162 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:12 pm

MACCA wrote:At 29, youd think he is si.ilar to Cork that means his style and attributes may only be there for a season or 2.

Hey ho we will see
He's 23 according to Bielsa!.........How about now?
Saw him in the playoffs, looks a real talent.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Don’t know why anyone would turn their nose up to Kalvin Phillips. Domestically speaking he is the perfect option to succeed Jack Cork and has been all window, literally ticks all the boxes for a marquee signing.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:35 pm

SGr wrote:Don’t know why anyone would turn their nose up to Kalvin Phillips. Domestically speaking he is the perfect option to succeed Jack Cork and has been all window, literally ticks all the boxes for a marquee signing.
Because certain posters just love moaning for the sake of it?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:41 pm

Steddyman wrote:Lennon has been our best player for the last two games. Why would we possibly want to get rid of Lennon?
That’s a joke right ?

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:42 pm

Steddyman wrote:Lennon has been our best player for the last two games. Why would we possibly want to get rid of Lennon?
Yeh right.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:He's 23 according to Bielsa!.........How about now?
Saw him in the playoffs, looks a real talent.

Yes pointed that out on the Phillip's thread.

Exactly the right age/profile/attributes we should be breaking our record on

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:28 pm

jedi_master wrote: The question is, do they even want Vydra?
If Roofe goes to Europe, as reported yesterday, Vydra would be an upgrade of a similar style IMO.
Edit. It’s Anderlecht he’s been linked with and he has only 1 year left on contract. Not in squad for game today. I think offering them Vydra could work well for all 3 parties involved in any deal.
Last edited by Tricky Trevor on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:38 pm

I think Vydra is talking himself out of a move
Apparently Leeds had problems with him before he signed for us
Mouthing off on international duty about what he was going to do against England.
Now apparently a falling out with Dyche

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Blyclaret wrote:I think Vydra is talking himself out of a move
Apparently Leeds had problems with him before he signed for us
Mouthing off on international duty about what he was going to do against England.
Now apparently a falling out with Dyche
Can't blame Vydra for being a bit hacked off. Dyche has treated him pretty shabbily in my eyes.

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:43 pm

His football should do the talking

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:If Roofe goes to Europe, as reported yesterday, Vydra would be an upgrade of a similar style IMO.
Edit. It’s Anderlecht he’s been linked with and he has only 1 year left on contract. Not in squad for game today. I think offering them Vydra could work well for all 3 parties involved in any deal.
Roofe and Vydra are different sorts of players. Leeds will miss Roofe though for certain sure.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Blyclaret wrote:His football should do the talking
Bit hard when you aren't even given a chance though.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 burnleymik

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 342 times
Has Liked: 1558 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Roofe and vyds are similar players apart from vyds Being twice the player

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Holtyclaret wrote:Roofe and vyds are similar players apart from vyds Being twice the player
They really aren't.

Roofe is a striker more like Andre Gray, off the shoulder of someone.
Vydra is the sort to get the ball deeper and run with it, mixed with tap-ins and simply being in the right place at the right time.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:23 pm

Here he goes.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:28 pm

TVC15 wrote:That’s a joke right ?
Nope. Is he your next Hendrick? He was excellent yesterday.

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:34 pm

He wasn’t excellent at all. He did well for the first goal, this is because he got at his man, he had the opportunity to do this a few times before and for whatever reasons didn’t pursue it, when he gets at them he’s effective. Win a corner, get a cross in , win a free kick.....you can’t do that when you pass it back inside as much as he did yesterday. Taking nothing away from him as he played well but so much more in him than what we see

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:40 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Can't blame Vydra for being a bit hacked off. Dyche has treated him pretty shabbily in my eyes.
You obviously know a lot more about what goes on in training than I do. What's Dyche been doing?

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Sunday express reporting Anderlecht want to sign Hart

Makes sense but so much so that it could just be another lazy guess

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:46 pm

Down_Rover wrote:Sunday express reporting Anderlecht want to sign Hart

Makes sense but so much so that it could just be another lazy guess
I thought the Sunday Express only reported on the weather