Have you moved into the new blocks in the cricket field stand?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Have you moved into the new blocks in the cricket field stand?

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 am

I've been asked to post this - but for those who have been able to switch seats in the stand, you will need to visit the ticket office to exchange your season cards. If you can do this before Saturday it will be of benefit to both the ticket office staff and yourselves, if not, then the earlier you can get there on Saturday the better because of the potential build up of the queue.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/have-you-mo ... ield-stand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Re: Have you moved into the new blocks in the cricket field stand?

Post by Spijed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:40 am

Is that why they aren't currently putting seats on general sale in that area yet?
Attachments
plan.jpg
plan.jpg (225.57 KiB) Viewed 3660 times

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 3288 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:43 am

Who has block 5 then in the cfs

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6416 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:54 am

ClaretTony wrote:I've been asked to post this - but for those who have been able to switch seats in the stand, you will need to visit the ticket office to exchange your season cards. If you can do this before Saturday it will be of benefit to both the ticket office staff and yourselves, if not, then the earlier you can get there on Saturday the better because of the potential build up of the queue.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/have-you-mo ... ield-stand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks CT - I'll have to arrive early on Saturday from MK - I have only received 1 on the 3 season cards too so far, so I am hoping that wont be an issue.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 am

Spijed wrote:Is that why they aren't currently putting seats on general sale in that area yet?
Is the South East stand for when the cockneys come and the North East stand for the Geordies...? :D

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:58 am

Rick_Muller wrote:Is the South East stand for when the cockneys come and the North East stand for the Geordies...? :D
When you see the new ground plan it makes our 'stadium' look quite impressive! :)
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3950 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:01 am

Had a bit of trouble with this... 12 of us wanted to move. 10 had received their new cards, 1 hadn't and 1 was on holiday so he didn't know if he had been sent his. Ticket office lady was helpful and sorted it for us, she told me to come back tomorrow (yesterday) and the new cards would be ready to collect. When I get there she took the old new cards, and said the others had been posted by accident!! Hope they arrive before Friday as none of us are able to get to Burnley on Saturday before 1pm.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:16 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:Had a bit of trouble with this... 12 of us wanted to move. 10 had received their new cards, 1 hadn't and 1 was on holiday so he didn't know if he had been sent his. Ticket office lady was helpful and sorted it for us, she told me to come back tomorrow (yesterday) and the new cards would be ready to collect. When I get there she took the old new cards, and said the others had been posted by accident!! Hope they arrive before Friday as none of us are able to get to Burnley on Saturday before 1pm.
Worst case scenario is a phone call to Elaine before you set off and pick paper tickets from the collection point which is very quick before 1.30.

But if the club have posted them out it will be two days at the most. Unless you live in a remote Scottish Island.

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:22 am

For crying out loud, does it have to be so complicated and messy ?

It's not often that I knock the club, but this is beyond a joke and completely avoidable with a bit of nouse.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12361 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:For crying out loud, does it have to be so complicated and messy ?

It's not often that I knock the club, but this is beyond a joke and completely avoidable with a bit of nouse.
Not sure just what is supposed to be complicated and messy? How would you suggest that it should/could have been done?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:11 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:Who has block 5 then in the cfs
As far as I can ascertain, seats in that block haven't been allocated yet but we will see on Saturday.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:For crying out loud, does it have to be so complicated and messy ?

They will have a season ticket card with a seat number on for their previous seat so it needs changing.

The stewards wouldn't let them anywhere near their new seats if their cards don't state the correct seat number on, and you do get asked 5 times or so in the CF end.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:12 pm

I dont think it's been complicated at all or messy. I have managed to move my STs at the last minute and there is a little issue regarding collecting my season cards, its not complicated or messy.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:15 pm

On a separate note, can somebody please pass on to the club the overcrowding issues underneath the CFS before the game and at half time please? It's an accident waiting to happen imo down there with no proper queuing system and it being so crammed down there. With the news of extra fans being in the stand this season it will only get worse.

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3950 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:35 pm

For the record... I wasn't complaining, if we have to go to ticket office then we will. No dramas.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:38 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:On a separate note, can somebody please pass on to the club the overcrowding issues underneath the CFS before the game and at half time please? It's an accident waiting to happen imo down there with no proper queuing system and it being so crammed down there. With the news of extra fans being in the stand this season it will only get worse.
Surely they would have to pass a safety inspection and get a safety certificate for the stand to open this season?

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Firstly: To summarise:
Can supporters who may or may not yet have received their new season cards for their own original seats, please bring these imaginary or real cards to the ticket office to have them exchanged for a real actual card for their new seats in the new area. If you live in Burnley or the local area could you do it before Saturday please. If not, could you set off approximately 3 hours earlier than usual and prepare yourselves for a total bureaucratic nightmare with these imaginary cards you say you haven't yet received. Could you also please be prepared to prove you haven't yet received your old/new card. This will help keep the queues down.

Is that about it?

As an aside, I would also advise you that if you have one of these imaginary cards that you take your clarets number, photographic ID and proof of address. Could you bring real versions of these and not imaginary ones that you haven't yet received. This will also help to minimise queues.

Secondly: Where the f**k have all these seats appeared from in the old Burnley area of the CFS?
Last week, for this match, it was showing as sold out, or are these people who have moved to the new area?

We used to sing a song about this. WTF is going on? WTF is going on?
Or was it: We don't know what we're doing?
On Saturday could all CFS season ticket holders please just keep calm? :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Furthermore,
To help with potential crushing issues underneath the stand due to a 20% increase in capacity,

Could all those with surnames A to J please go for a p*ss, beer and fag move towards the concourse from the half time whistle until 16.08hrs.
Then swap with surnames K to Z at 16.09hrs until the start of the second half.

A whistle will be blown to indicate it's time to change over. No loitering now in the 1m wide opening into the toilet.

That should mean everyone has just about made it to the bottom of the steps onto the concourse and back to their seats in time for the second half.
And of course, nobody will have had a p*ss, beer or fag, BUT at least we will have had a good Heave Ho.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Secondly: Where the f**k have all these seats appeared from in the old Burnley area of the CFS?
Last week, for this match, it was showing as sold out, or are these people who have moved to the new area?
:
You need to keep up to speed! The seats have been moved from the away section and the 3 new blocks ( well at least 2 of them) have been allocated for home fans. The areas weren't sold out last week, as they have never been made available to fans. They have been reserved to allow people already with seats in that stand to move over into the new seats. Are you able to understand this?
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Foshiznik

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Leisure wrote:You need to keep up to speed! The seats have been moved from the away section and the 3 new blocks ( well at least 2 of them) have been allocated for home fans. The areas weren't sold out last week, as they have never been made available to fans. They have been reserved to allow people already with seats in that stand to move over into the new seats. Are you able to understand this?

My Dear Leisure,

Well able to understand, thank you.
I talk not of the new sections, but of the old sections that we have had for several years.

I quote from my post:
"Secondly: Where the f**k have all these seats appeared from in the old Burnley area of the CFS?"

That is what I meant when I said old Burnley area of the CFS.
Last week you could not buy a single seat anywhere in the CFS (old or new areas), now there are many to be bought.

I won't conclude by making a derisory, child like comment and questioning somebody's intellect, unlike some.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Spijed wrote:Surely they would have to pass a safety inspection and get a safety certificate for the stand to open this season?

I would have thought they would but it doesn't change my opinion. It's far too crowded down there. There's a bottleneck between fans queuing for drinks and fans wanting to use the toilets/outside kiosks. It's a bad setup

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:55 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:My Dear Leisure,

Well able to understand, thank you.
I talk not of the new sections, but of the old sections that we have had for several years.

I quote from my post:
"Secondly: Where the f**k have all these seats appeared from in the old Burnley area of the CFS?"

That is what I meant when I said old Burnley area of the CFS.
Last week you could not buy a single seat anywhere in the CFS (old or new areas), now there are many to be bought.

I won't conclude by making a derisory, child like comment and questioning somebody's intellect, unlike some.
The seats which are now available in the old home section are seats which people have vacated to move to the new section. And I didn't question your intellect, I just asked if you understood. Also, after the seat swop period I would have thought that it was fairly obvious how seats had now become available in the old section. ;)

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Leisure wrote:The seats which are now available in the old home section are seats which people have vacated to move to the new section.
I also mentioned that.
"Last week, for this match, it was showing as sold out, or are these people who have moved to the new area?"

So in fact, I have kept up to speed, I was aware that the home section had been extended, I even realised as I typed that perhaps these "old" seats had actually been released because people had transferred into the new area.

So in fact there was very little to belittle me for was there?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:I also mentioned that.
"Last week, for this match, it was showing as sold out, or are these people who have moved to the new area?"

So in fact, I have kept up to speed, I was aware that the home section had been extended, I even realised as I typed that perhaps these "old" seats had actually been released because people had transferred into the new area.

So in fact there was very little to belittle me for was there?
Certainly wasn't belittling you but from what you say you actually already knew the answer to the question.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Leisure wrote:The seats which are now available in the old home section are seats which people have vacated to move to the new section. And I didn't question your intellect, I just asked if you understood. Also, after the seat swop period I would have thought that it was fairly obvious how seats had now become available in the old section. ;)
Perhaps it is obvious.
Before I went away I was desperate for an additional ticket in the CFS.
Yet the whole of the CFS (old and new) sections were shaded grey which means sold out/not available.
No warning to look back online this week because the situation will change.
Today on my return and looking at post 2 Spijed above, I suddenly realised that tickets had suddenly become available.
I reacted with shock and surprise, that's all.
Anyhow, we have now managed to change all our plans again and the person is now coming up from Cornwall,
because I have now got him a CFS ticket.
Are you able to understand that?

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Leisure wrote:Certainly wasn't belittling you but from what you say you actually already knew the answer to the question.
Crikey telling somebody to keep up to speed (like they are a little slow on the uptake)
and then asking them if they can understand a simple sentence, well if that isn't belittling them,
then I would hate to see what you are capable of saying when you are trying to make them feel educationally subnormal.

Goodbye.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:15 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:Perhaps it is obvious.
Before I went away I was desperate for an additional ticket in the CFS.
Yet the whole of the CFS (old and new) sections were shaded grey which means sold out/not available.
No warning to look back online this week because the situation will change.
Today on my return and looking at post 2 Spijed above, I suddenly realised that tickets had suddenly become available.
I reacted with shock and surprise, that's all.
Anyhow, we have now managed to change all our plans again and the person is now coming up from Cornwall,
because I have now got him a CFS ticket.
Are you able to understand that?
Not really. Could you please explain in a bit more detail? :D

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:I dont think it's been complicated at all or messy. I have managed to move my STs at the last minute and there is a little issue regarding collecting my season cards, its not complicated or messy.
Following other threads on the topic of seats/tickets in the CFS are you still of the same opinion ?

This goes for anyone else who thought that I was being unreasonable or unjustifiably critical.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:08 pm

My Posts 17 and 18 whilst being tongue in cheek and trying to warn everyone of chaos, were in fact not too far wide of the mark.
I had clearly forgot about then trying to find your imaginary seat with your imaginary card, and being unabvle to rest your back against the imaginary backrest on your seat.
I also hadn't anticipated turnstiles being locked either.

Plus Points: CFS:
1/. The new tent covering the outdoor food area actually helped alleviate congestion. Thanks BFC.
2/. We've also got some new tarmac which actually keeps your feet dry on the way down to the exit lake.

Negative Points: CFS

1/. I couldn't get down onto the concourse at half time: Clearly everyone had decided to drown their sorrows from the first 35 mins
and crowd underneath the stand watching the only TV.....which is still over the only entry into the bogs!
Now here there was congestion. I tried to get down there while there was still 2 mind of added time. There must have been 500 people drinking and trying to watch the match on the screen. The only way the crushing was alleviated was when the whistle went and people started to move.
Solution: Move the TV. BFC you will sell more drinks. It'll pay for itself within 1 match. People will buy a drink move away towards the segregation barrier where the new TV location should be. This will leave the bar area free for others to use and we can all try and use the bogs.
2/. At the end of the new tarmac, build a drain thus allowing the 6m x 3m by 4" lake to drain away at the exit gate.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:My Posts 17 and 18 whilst being tongue in cheek and trying to warn everyone of chaos, were in fact not too far wide of the mark.
I had clearly forgot about then trying to find your imaginary seat with your imaginary card, and being unabvle to rest your back against the imaginary backrest on your seat.

1/. The new tent covering the outdoor food area actually helped alleviate congestion. Thanks BFC.
2/. We've also got some new tarmac which actually keeps your feet dry on the way down to the exit lake.

1/. I couldn't get down onto the concourse at half time: Clearly everyone had decided to drown their sorrows from the first 35 mins
and crowd underneath the stand watching the only TV.....which is still over the only entry into the bogs!
Now here there was congestion. I tried to get down there while there was still 2 mind of added time. There must have been 500 people drinking and trying to watch the match on the screen. The only way the crushing was alleviated was when the whistle went and people started to move.
Solution: Move the TV. BFC you will sell more drinks. It'll pay for itself within 1 match. People will buy a drink move away towards the segregation barrier where the new TV location should be. This will leave the bar area free for others to use and we can all try and use the bogs.
2/. At the end of the new tarmac, build a drain thus allowing the 6m x 3m by 4" lake to drain away at the exit gate.
I'd email the club regarding the flow of fans to where the TV screens should be situated as I'm sure they need feedback in that respect.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:Following other threads on the topic of seats/tickets in the CFS are you still of the same opinion ?

This goes for anyone else who thought that I was being unreasonable or unjustifiably critical.
Yes

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:25 pm

"The new tent covering the outdoor food area actually helped alleviate congestion. Thanks BFC."

Instead of a tent they could potentially do what they've done at one end of the Bob Lord stand and put a roof over the turnstiles so it's completely covered when you enter the ground

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:07 pm

[quote="Spijed"]"The new tent covering the outdoor food area actually helped alleviate congestion. Thanks BFC."

Instead of a tent they could potentially do what they've done at one end of the Bob Lord stand and put a roof over the turnstiles so it's completely covered when you enter the ground[/quote

Yes but where would we/I smoke?
I am not wading through the lake if they open the exit gate. :lol:

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Spijed wrote:I'd email the club regarding the flow of fans to where the TV screens should be situated as I'm sure they need feedback in that respect.
If others agree, I would email the club.
As it is I am a solitary loony. :lol:

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:15 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:My Posts 17 and 18 whilst being tongue in cheek and trying to warn everyone of chaos, were in fact not too far wide of the mark.

There already is a TV on the wall in the area to the left as you come down the stairs.
It wasn't any busier than normal on Saturday which I was surprised about.

They could do with another toilet block outside though.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:There already is a TV on the wall in the area to the left as you come down the stairs.
It wasn't any busier than normal on Saturday which I was surprised about.

They could do with another toilet block outside though.

If they got rid of/moved the toilet TV then....people would move to find that one and possibly 2? to the left of the stairs/towards the partition.
Last edited by 2 Bee Holed on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MDWat
Been Liked: 871 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 pm

The new block looks **** funny from the Bob Lord. Looked like a set of away fans, a set of home fans and a bunch of randoms in the middle. Looked ridiculous!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 pm

MDWat wrote:The new block looks **** funny from the Bob Lord. Looked like a set of away fans, a set of home fans and a bunch of randoms in the middle. Looked ridiculous!
Why did they look like away fans??? They just looked like home fans to me from the JHU.