MOTD

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

MOTD

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:54 pm

Canaries running riot.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Re: MOTD

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:55 pm

Can’t play like that every week. They’ll be breaking Derbys record they said.

ElectroClaret

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Brucie's Toon shite, though.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Newcastle are bobbins. Really bobbins

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 pm

bruce will be sacked very soon, no way back for this lot. he looks stressed and like a man under pressure.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Dyched wrote:Can’t play like that every week. They’ll be breaking Derbys record they said.
We certainly won't give them the same space.

ElectroClaret

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:09 pm

Ings misses a sitter.

SirAlec
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by SirAlec » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:21 pm

Pope looked quality

ElectroClaret

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:28 pm

Very clumsy by Tom Heaton.

Not much he could do about the second though.
Last edited by ElectroClaret on Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:29 pm

usual dismissal of Burnley as also rans, pathetic punditry. clever editing to highlight arsenal, and barely a mention of our qualities. A really p*** poor programme , yet again.
These 6 users liked this post: sanderson370 rincon SussexDon1inIreland Marty Dobson Colburn_Claret Leepick21

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:32 pm

They have a few minutes to talk after each game. It’d be a bit silly to talk about the team that lost wouldn’t it.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:usual dismissal of Burnley as also rans, pathetic punditry. clever editing to highlight arsenal, and barely a mention of our qualities. A really p*** poor programme , yet again.
Need to change the lyrics to that chant

No one likes us
No one likes us
No one likes us
And we get really precious about it and seem to think it's an anti Burnley agenda by the media and other clubs
We are Burnley, super Burnley
We are Burnley from the North.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:39 pm

Dyched wrote:They have a few minutes to talk after each game. It’d be a bit silly to talk about the team that lost wouldn’t it.
no, if city or arsenal lost it would make no difference to these biased *****, they would still ignore the winners.well...maybe not city, because in pundits world, any southern based team winning is ecstasy.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:no, if city or arsenal lost it would make no difference to these biased *****, they would still ignore the winners.well...maybe not city, because in pundits world, any southern based team winning is ecstasy.
If we won they’d of talked about Arsenal yes. Arsenal are one of the better teams in this league and are expected to beat Burnley. So they talk about the reasons why that was be it defensively weak or whatever. As Arsenal won there is no great need to talk about why Burnley lost as it’s the result what most expected. What is there to say? Burnley played well at times but lacked quality?

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:54 pm

Dyched wrote:If we won they’d of talked about Arsenal yes. Arsenal are one of the better teams in this league and are expected to beat Burnley. So they talk about the reasons why that was be it defensively weak or whatever. As Arsenal won there is no great need to talk about why Burnley lost as it’s the result what most expected. What is there to say? Burnley played well at times but lacked quality?
wrong in my opinion, they debate arsenal till the cows come home , win , lose or draw. we are in this league on merit.
The media are obsessed with arsenal for numerous reasons. It isn't fair coverage in any context .
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:10 am

Dyched wrote:They have a few minutes to talk after each game. It’d be a bit silly to talk about the team that lost wouldn’t it.
Seemed to do quite a bit of analysis on Newcastle!

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2176 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:13 am

Spijed wrote:Seemed to do quite a bit of analysis on Newcastle!
Hardly surprising with Shearer in the studio :(
This user liked this post: Beaconsfield Claret

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:07 am

On both BT and MOTD Dyche made reference to players that dive/ falling over, I didn't understand why he felt the need to bring that up at this point, I don't recall many Arsenal players falling over or diving.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 am

beddie wrote:On both BT and MOTD Dyche made reference to players that dive/ falling over, I didn't understand why he felt the need to bring that up at this point, I don't recall many Arsenal players falling over or diving.
Yep I know what you mean - it did seem an unusual game to make this point and he needs to be careful that people like Lineker who never has a good word to say about Burnley don’t start to use this as a way of turning the media against us. Not sure he made the point about yellow cards too well either - he had obviously planned to say this but you can say that about most yellow card given (if it’s deliberate it’s cheating whether it’s a dive or kicking someone)
That said not sure whether Dyche would be bothered what others think - he feels about this issue very strongly and it’s a shame others don’t.
Arsenal players did dive at least a couple of times yesterday. What they also did - which is cheating and infuriating but hard to prove - is nearly every time they went down they pretended they were injured. All this rubbing your leg and staying down for the trainer - and then you see a replay of the incident and you know 100% that there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. It’s embarrassing and it’s cheating and Arsenal did it a lot yesterday.
These 3 users liked this post: Guller Bull SussexDon1inIreland Bosscat

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:36 am

Yep, I specifically remember one point (near end of 1st half) where Aubameyang when down holding his leg after we got the ball off him in his half. 5 seconds later when we’d lost the ball and they countered quickly, he was sprinting like mad down the left wing.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 am

I'm never disappointed by MOTD but then my expectations regarding the media generally are set very low.

Caballo
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 431 times

Post by Caballo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:52 am

'Highlights' package clearly biased towards Arsenal.

brigante
Been Liked: 240 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by brigante » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 am

Those little interludes of players and managers striking poses in club lights are ultra cringe.

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 490 times
Has Liked: 871 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:05 am

beddie wrote:On both BT and MOTD Dyche made reference to players that dive/ falling over, I didn't understand why he felt the need to bring that up at this point, I don't recall many Arsenal players falling over or diving.
I thought near the end of the 2nd half there were a few instances of them rolling around with nothing wrong with them. Certainly, there was a coming together where 2 Arsenal players barely got touched but needed the trainer to care for them. Fortunately, once off the pitch he was raring to come back on.

I noticed a few occasions. I dislike Arsenal in particular for it. Admittedly, I just dislike a lot of what they stand for.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland Colburn_Claret

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:08 am

Me neither. He did the same on our bad run last season and it was tiresome then as it is now. He needs to look at how many free kicks Barnes has won, or attempted to win, in the past before pontificating about others.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:43 am

TVC15 wrote:Yep I know what you mean - it did seem an unusual game to make this point and he needs to be careful that people like Lineker who never has a good word to say about Burnley don’t start to use this as a way of turning the media against us. Not sure he made the point about yellow cards too well either - he had obviously planned to say this but you can say that about most yellow card given (if it’s deliberate it’s cheating whether it’s a dive or kicking someone)
That said not sure whether Dyche would be bothered what others think - he feels about this issue very strongly and it’s a shame others don’t.
Arsenal players did dive at least a couple of times yesterday. What they also did - which is cheating and infuriating but hard to prove - is nearly every time they went down they pretended they were injured. All this rubbing your leg and staying down for the trainer - and then you see a replay of the incident and you know 100% that there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. It’s embarrassing and it’s cheating and Arsenal did it a lot yesterday.
Lineker just stated he hadn't seen MUCH diving yesterday,so clearly there was some diving in that case,i think it's accepted now that the big six in particular milk any tackles,in fairness running the clock down is nothing new,we did exactly the same at Stamford Bridge last season,really we should take it as a compliment that Arsenal felt the need to resort to those antics to hang on to the win.

It's not the 1st occasion Sean's has made these arguments,and he is in the main correct,but well these theatrics are rewarded,the players will continue with them.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:53 am

sean dyche would have a valid point if his own players didn't also do what he is moaning about.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:09 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:Yep, I specifically remember one point (near end of 1st half) where Aubameyang when down holding his leg after we got the ball off him in his half. 5 seconds later when we’d lost the ball and they countered quickly, he was sprinting like mad down the left wing.
As soon as he realised the Ref wasn't interested he was up and sprinting... yet only a few seconds before he was on the floor cluching his ankle.

Nowt changes

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Surely the point is that these ‘great players ‘ shouldn’t be doing it and shouldn’t need to do it if they are so good

It’s cheating simple as -and we don’t do it you can’t compare Barnsey buying a free kick (especially when a lot of the time he gets clobbered with nothing given) and Arsenal rolling around and in one case somersaulting in order to try and get a FK and when not getting it suddenly makes a dramatic recovery!

If the ref thought it was not a foul then why not punish the theatrics ?

UTC

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:41 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:sean dyche would have a valid point if his own players didn't also do what he is moaning about.
Which of his players dives without any physical contact from the opposition player ?
Dyche is hardly going to open himself to hypocrisy if his own players do it - he’s cleverer with the media than the likes of Klopp or Pep

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:05 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Me neither. He did the same on our bad run last season and it was tiresome then as it is now. He needs to look at how many free kicks Barnes has won, or attempted to win, in the past before pontificating about others.
Dyche is a brilliant manager in some respects and bloody useless in others. This is an area which he undoubtedly has strong feelings but he is getting distracted from his main priority, managing the team.
Everyone knows there is cheating to a greater or lesser degree. It happens in every game, it's up to the ref's to sort that out, it's their job.
Dyches job, in front of the camera, is to put Burnley in a good light, not moan about his personal agenda.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:09 pm

TVC15 wrote:Which of his players dives without any physical contact from the opposition player ?
Dyche is hardly going to open himself to hypocrisy if his own players do it - he’s cleverer with the media than the likes of Klopp or Pep
despite being my favourite claret, Barnes springs to mind.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:31 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:despite being my favourite claret, Barnes springs to mind.
Can’t think of a time when he had dived when there hasn’t been physical contact to be honest. There may be some that you can point out, but as far as I can recall most of the time he is just getting his body in front of defenders first who just don’t like the fact that somebody chooses to back into them. Nowhere near as good as Shearer of course but it’s what he did time and time again because he wasn’t the tallest either. I can’t remember Shearer being described as a diver but he got a hell of a lot of fouls given similar to what Barnes gets.
If Barnes was diving then he would have been booked surely - and the TV would definitely have picked up on it given what Dyche has said.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:02 pm

In the first half we had more shots on goal, and more shots on target, than Arsenal. Watching MOD the only shot we had was Barnes goal. I've nothing against them highlighting the winners, but all the good football we played ended up on the cutting room floor, and that's ********.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland tiger76

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:06 pm

TVC15 wrote:Can’t think of a time when he had dived when there hasn’t been physical contact to be honest. There may be some that you can point out, but as far as I can recall most of the time he is just getting his body in front of defenders first who just don’t like the fact that somebody chooses to back into them. Nowhere near as good as Shearer of course but it’s what he did time and time again because he wasn’t the tallest either. I can’t remember Shearer being described as a diver but he got a hell of a lot of fouls given similar to what Barnes gets.
If Barnes was diving then he would have been booked surely - and the TV would definitely have picked up on it given what Dyche has said.
if you truly believe Burnley players in dyche's time here have never once tried to dupe an official by feigning a foul, then I am surprised.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:08 pm

TVC15 wrote:Can’t think of a time when he had dived when there hasn’t been physical contact to be honest. There may be some that you can point out, but as far as I can recall most of the time he is just getting his body in front of defenders first who just don’t like the fact that somebody chooses to back into them. Nowhere near as good as Shearer of course but it’s what he did time and time again because he wasn’t the tallest either. I can’t remember Shearer being described as a diver but he got a hell of a lot of fouls given similar to what Barnes gets.
You have obviously forgotten that Ashley was booked for diving in February this year, in our home game against Southampton! The fact that the keeper wiped him out and we should have had a clear penalty seemed to have escaped the referee's attention and it gave Ashley a reputation for diving! ;)

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Testing.......

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:if you truly believe Burnley players in dyche's time here have never once tried to dupe an official by feigning a foul, then I am surprised.
Ok - but you still haven’t said when Barnes has dived.
I am sure a Burnley player has feigned a foul under Dyche but when that happened i’d expect that Dyche tells them not to do it again - which is why it’s such a rare occurrence to see a Burnley player diving and trying to deceive an official.
For a number of other teams diving and trying to con the referee is part of their game plan - just like pretending to be a lot more injured than they actually are.
I’m surprised that you think Dyche advocates one of his own players doing it despite raising this issue regular at league managers meetings and in the media.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Linekar is just slimy Danny Murphy was fair.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Whilst I agree Dyche is sincere in his criticism of this aspect of the modern game, he is also astute enough to realise all opposing teams will try it on with the officials in order to gain an advantage. Never in a million years would he be advocating total honesty from his squad when there is so much at stake.
Reminds me of when Hoddle was England manager, he was also sick and tired of cheating by other teams, so eventually he told his players to cheat essentially, otherwise they would lose.