Mike Garlick on 'Turf More'

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 815 times
Has Liked: 527 times

Re: Mike Garlick on 'Turf More'

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:30 am

Richardsbfc wrote:Not sure I know what you mean?
"Appointment at Manchester Institute tomorrow"

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 am

Richardsbfc wrote:Not sure I know what you mean?
You're a bullshitter. When Macca called you out you said "chill out you were just having a laugh"

The kind of crap artist we hate on here.

Are you told now?

Richardsbfc
Been Liked: 66 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by Richardsbfc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:You're a bullshitter. When Macca called you out you said "chill out you were just having a laugh"

Are you told now?
That night shift must have been a long one...

Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

Post by Untinted Glasses » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:16 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:You're a bullshitter. When Macca called you out you said "chill out you were just having a laugh"

Are you told now?
That post sums how clicky this board is. Don’t you have the balls to say “ the kind of crap artist I hate on here “

What sort of bell end has to put “we” . What a prick you are.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:24 am

Are you told now?
Self appointed spokesman for the board!

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:50 am

Richardsbfc wrote:That night shift must have been a long one...
No comment on your bullshittery then?

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:Self appointed spokesman for the board!
At least I have the balls to say something.
Do you like liars Steve Harpers Perm? Do you?

No? In that case I'll include you in the 'we'

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:18 am

What Mike fails to disclose in his interview is that the 20 million pound bid for a player was 2 players Vydra and Hart, who we valued at 25 million for the pair. Therefore when we said give us Phillips and 5 million and you can have our two they slammed the phone down

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:29 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:At least I have the balls to say something.

You are typing things on an internet forum!
This user liked this post: Richardsbfc

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:40 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:You are typing things on an internet forum!
Huh?

Richardsbfc

Post by Richardsbfc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:At least I have the balls to say something.

I think you need a break from this message board to bring that blood pressure down. Seriously wound up aren’t you.

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:What Mike fails to disclose in his interview is that the 20 million pound bid for a player was 2 players Vydra and Hart, who we valued at 25 million for the pair. Therefore when we said give us Phillips and 5 million and you can have our two they slammed the phone down
Well at least he confided in you in private. Anything else he "confessed"?

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:27 pm

jtv wrote:Well at least he confided in you in private. Anything else he "confessed"?
Yes....he mentioned he doesnt like spending money

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:41 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Yes....he mentioned he doesnt like spending money

........and he likes liars even less.

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 am

Richardsbfc wrote:I think you need a break from this message board to bring that blood pressure down. Seriously wound up aren’t you.
Think you need to admit you spew lies non stop or close your account.

Obviously you have issues

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:41 am

Richardsbfc wrote:Not sure an actual bid went in. Phillips were on his way to Villa for £20M which was accepted. He actually went down to Villa to look at houses but he pulled out last minute. Bielsa offered him captaincy to stay, turned it down but said he would resign a new contract in September. Doesn’t get his signing on fee from his last contract till September.
Richardsbfc, the knowledge of everything.
That he makes up to look good.

Richardsbfc

Post by Richardsbfc » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:01 pm

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:Richardsbfc, the knowledge of everything.
That he makes up to look good.
I honestly am starting to feel abit sorry for you. I don’t understand why you are so angry over a transfer rumour. I’d hate for you to find out who started the OGS training at Gawthorpe rumour all them years ago. I bet that one really angered you didn’t it?

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3062 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Coming soon, my new protest single: "Freeeeeeeeeeeee! Poor Matej Vydra!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcTvoWjZJU

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:15 am

Richardsbfc wrote:I honestly am starting to feel abit sorry for you. I don’t understand why you are so angry over a transfer rumour. I’d hate for you to find out who started the OGS training at Gawthorpe rumour all them years ago. I bet that one really angered you didn’t it?
Frankly I don't give a **** how you feel. If you spunk off on making shite up that's up to you.

But you're just a sorry pathetic individual with your desperate wanna be in the know ways. And you've been revealed. So no-one else will ever take you seriously.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:39 am

Vydra messages are now replacing the messages of a Player coming back from injury and being like a new signing.

Or even better we are soon to have people putting him in as RB (other example position are available) in their formations.

All based on about 2hrs game time last season.

Richardsbfc

Post by Richardsbfc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:Frankly I don't give a **** how you feel. If you spunk off on making shite up that's up to you.

But you're just a sorry pathetic individual with your desperate wanna be in the know ways. And you've been revealed. So no-one else will ever take you seriously.
Went Fishing, Caught a shark.

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Here's a novel idea... let's just act like the next transfer window will be crazier than the last.
Year upon year we get told it is increasingly difficult, so, do we start each one assuming it will be like the previous, missing out the point that they found that one difficult?

It's an awful excuse, and doesn't mean anything anymore other than we are dreadful at recruitment.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:36 pm

JTClaret wrote:Here's a novel idea... let's just act like the next transfer window will be crazier than the last.
Year upon year we get told it is increasingly difficult, so, do we start each one assuming it will be like the previous, missing out the point that they found that one difficult?

It's an awful excuse, and doesn't mean anything anymore other than we are dreadful at recruitment.
Do you mean "dreadful at recruitment" in the sense that the players at the club are a load of rubbish and not fit to wear the shirt?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:40 pm

JTClaret wrote:Here's a novel idea... let's just act like the next transfer window will be crazier than the last.

How can we be dreadful at recruitment when we are playing and doing well in the Premier league?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Spijed wrote:How can we be dreadful at recruitment when we are playing and doing well in the Premier league?
Because we have a manager who is second to none at getting the most out of the squad he has got to work with.

Just to clarify Im not agreeing with the above poster about dreadful recruitment but there are multiple areas that contribute to what league we are in and how we are performing. Currently we are unquestionably excelling in one of those areas whereas I think the other one mentioned is more open to debate and is not quite so clear cut

Richardsbfc

Post by Richardsbfc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:06 pm

I thought we had a relatively solid transfer window to be fair. We added quality and competition where we needed to add and kept where we had to.

Recruitment was good in my eyes. It’s clear that SD does his due diligence on player characteristics and mentalities which I would imagine puts us out of the race for an awful lot of footballers.

JTClaret

Post by JTClaret » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:43 pm

dsr wrote:Do you mean "dreadful at recruitment" in the sense that the players at the club are a load of rubbish and not fit to wear the shirt?
Spijed wrote:How can we be dreadful at recruitment when we are playing and doing well in the Premier league?
Richardsbfc wrote:I thought we had a relatively solid transfer window to be fair. We added quality and competition where we needed to add and kept where we had to.

Recruitment was good in my eyes. It’s clear that SD does his due diligence on player characteristics and mentalities which I would imagine puts us out of the race for an awful lot of footballers.
Yes, to be fair, we have done okay. What I meant by it was we have the chairman AND manager saying how difficult it is EVERY year, and that is after the window closes - which would imply we haven't done as well and we wanted, or would like... yet the same happens the next year.

We have created a very good team, and have a very very good manager who gets the best out of that team, therefore we get away with it.
I'm not one to slag the club off, I'd be a fool to, and I love the way we go about it all. But if was a good window, there wouldn't be a need for Garlick's comments, which as I say only translates as we aren't very good at it.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:57 pm

JTClaret wrote:Yes, to be fair, we have done okay. What I meant by it was we have the chairman AND manager saying how difficult it is EVERY year, and that is after the window closes - which would imply we haven't done as well and we wanted, or would like... yet the same happens the next year.

We have created a very good team, and have a very very good manager who gets the best out of that team, therefore we get away with it.
I'm not one to slag the club off, I'd be a fool to, and I love the way we go about it all. But if was a good window, there wouldn't be a need for Garlick's comments, which as I say only translates as we aren't very good at it.
We don't get away with it though as we know how to identify better, cheaper players.

Just because a player costs £80 million, such as Harry Maguire, doesn't mean they'll be any better in our team than spending £3 million on Tarkowski.

Likewise with Kante when Leicester bought him for £6 million. Fans only seem happy if we spend more money on players.

How much would we have to spend on a like-for-like replacement for Ashley Barnes, for example?

JTClaret

Post by JTClaret » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Spijed wrote:We don't get away with it though as we know how to identify better, cheaper players.

Just because a player costs £80 million, such as Harry Maguire, doesn't mean they'll be any better in our team than spending £3 million on Tarkowski.

Likewise with Kante when Leicester bought him for £6 million. Fans only seem happy if we spend more money on players.

How much would we have to spend on a like-for-like replacement for Ashley Barnes, for example?
Again, my point is that the Chairman and Manager feel the need to make excuses about the window - Not me.
At no point have I said I want us to spend millions on players. My only concern of the window is we appeared to need a central midfielder and only got one for 6 months. I'm happy with who, and the cost doesn't bother me. Players are expensive and we are very good at finding good players for a low fee - Practically our entire starting line up was a bargain. Cork was £10m and Wood £15... I'm not sure anybody else was over £5m

Dougall
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 222 times

Post by Dougall » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:46 pm

JTClaret wrote:Again, my point is that the Chairman and Manager feel the need to make excuses about the window - Not me.
At no point have I said I want us to spend millions on players. My only concern of the window is we appeared to need a central midfielder and only got one for 6 months. I'm happy with who, and the cost doesn't bother me. Players are expensive and we are very good at finding good players for a low fee - Practically our entire starting line up was a bargain. Cork was £10m and Wood £15... I'm not sure anybody else was over £5m
Excuses?
An explanation of how/why the Club has performed as it has is only an excuse if you're looking to apportion blame.
So what are we blaming the Manager and the Chairman for? Getting the Club into the Premier League and keeping it there?

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:56 pm

Absolutely nothing to blame anyone for. We’ve never had it so good. You only have to look at Bolton and Rowwverrrs and Blackpool and Preston and you get the drift.

How many would swap with us in terms of playing squad, bank balance etc?

And yet still people whinge....we get a 30 million ex premier league winner in his prime and people whinge that it’s for 6 months.....

Richardsbfc

Post by Richardsbfc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Richardsbfc wrote:Not sure an actual bid went in. Phillips were on his way to Villa for £20M which was accepted. He actually went down to Villa to look at houses but he pulled out last minute. Bielsa offered him captaincy to stay, turned it down but said he would resign a new contract in September. Doesn’t get his signing on fee from his last contract till September.
Guess who has just re-signed his contract ... in September :)
Last edited by Richardsbfc on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Braindead

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:53 am

Richardsbfc wrote:Guess who has just resigned his contract ... in September :)
If this is you "still" trying to claim you're in the know, can you explain your Manchester Institute appointment debacle yet?

If not, sit down, shut up

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:30 am

Richardsbfc wrote:Guess who has just resigned his contract ... in September :)
I thought he had just signed a new contract ...

Surely if he had resigned that means he has left...

Ffs Richard get it right lad... oh and you forgit the FACT on your previous post thats why nobody believed you ;)

Richardsbfc

Post by Richardsbfc » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 pm

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:If this is you "still" trying to claim you're in the know, can you explain your Manchester Institute appointment debacle yet?

If not, sit down, shut up
I am in the know on the Phillips situation as I've just proved.

Hows that blood pressure of yours?

P.s. Manchester Institute appointment was a great rumour.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Richardsbfc

Post by Richardsbfc » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Bosscat wrote:I thought he had just signed a new contract ...

Surely if he had resigned that means he has left...

Ffs Richard get it right lad... oh and you forgit the FACT on your previous post thats why nobody believed you ;)
Haha, My apologies BC! I'll edit the post now ;)
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Richardsbfc wrote:I am in the know on the Phillips situation as I've just proved.

Hows that blood pressure of yours?

P.s. Manchester Institute appointment was a great rumour.
Keep up the good work and ignore the haters
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Richardsbfc