Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Tall Paul wrote:That's not the question I asked, stop wriggling.

Are you saying that food and fuel prices have risen in the UK because we are part of the EU?

Yes or no?
No.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:04 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No.
So what's the relevance of your questions to Aggi then?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Tall Paul wrote:So what's the relevance of your questions to Aggi then?
He himself was referring to yellow hammer and the disproportionate effect prise rises have on the poor.

I pointed out that prices have risen WHILE we've been in the EU.

Prices will probably rise if we leave.

Food and goods being more expensive affects those least able to buy them.

Millions of People least able to buy food and goods that are more expensive voted to leave the EU.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Pretty sure that Yellowhammer is saying that food and fuel prices will rise as a direct result of us leaving the EU, on top of normal, inflationary price rises.

Is this a good thing for low income groups?

Yes or no?
Last edited by Tall Paul on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:20 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

" i Was happy to spend time on the Bolton board engaged in guerilla verbal warfare"

Jesus!!!!!!!

"Guerilla verbal warfare!!!!!!!!"

Please Edward ! Stop it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You in a nutshell, I'm afraid.

"guerilla" = " a member of a small independent group taking part in irregular fighting, typically against larger regular forces."

Not real fighting, of course, but words - just in case you're too thick to understand.

Love how you choose to ignore that you've been shown up to be a complete **** over denying your other, fake account.

Still, you carry on helping the radio shows pad out their content for a few extra minutes. Mug.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Pretty sure that Yellowhammer is saying that food and fuel prices will rise as a direct result of us leaving the EU, on top of normal, inflationary price rises.

Is this a good thing for low income groups?

Yes or no?
No

its , potentially a bad thing.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:27 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No

its , potentially a bad thing.
You’ll be actively campaigning against then, as a champion of the underprivileged.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:32 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:You in a nutshell, I'm afraid.

"guerilla" = " a member of a small independent group taking part in irregular fighting, typically against larger regular forces."

Not real fighting, of course, but words - just in case you're too thick to understand.

Love how you choose to ignore that you've been shown up to be a complete **** over denying your other, fake account.

Still, you carry on helping the radio shows pad out their content for a few extra minutes. Mug.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did it a few years ago on a Bolton Wanderers board. One account being the hostile, gleeful Burnley fan, the other a long-suffering Trotters fan with patience sadly running out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've admitted that you can actually be bothered to go on OTHER clubs message boards. Yet you want to claim I'd be the one who would really could be arsed to make a parody account of myself!!!

This is legendary Edward it really is!!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:You’ll be actively campaigning against then, as a champion of the underprivileged.
Where have I claimed I'm a "champion of the underprivileged."

Youre being silly

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:39 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:You in a nutshell, I'm afraid.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

evensteadiereddie wrote: " i Was happy to spend time on the Bolton board engaged in guerilla verbal warfare"

"Guerilla Verbal Warfare" !!!!!!!!

For the love of all things holy!!

Listen to yourself!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Dont try and cloud the waters by introducing RPI and real terms aggi.
Jesus, you want to discuss prices over a 40 year period but don't want to talk about RPI and real terms. You really don't have a clue do you. I think we can put to bed your tale of being a pensions adviser if you can't understand this concept.

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Message to Boris

Accept the EU offer of a Northern Ireland only backstop.
Bribe the DUP to accept it.
First stage of leaving the EU solved.

Message over

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 pm

A bit too figurative for you ? Or are you ******-up again ?
Either way, you're clutching at straws. Mug.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:48 pm

You can criticise the judiciary Ringo, because frankly no one gives a **** about you (or me or any of the normal people)

But a politician directly implying that the judiciary is biased?

Big no no that

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:55 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:A bit too figurative for you ? Or are you ******-up again ?
Either way, you're clutching at straws. Mug.
Listen Edward I dont know whether the pile cream is not having an effect but you seem to be particularly angry today!!

Go and take a nap. Or alternatively get on the Bolton Wanderers message board and resurrect your 2 split personality , schizophrenic parody accounts and get stuck into some "verbal guerilla warfare!"

Cos right now, whether your logged in as unhingedEddie or Elizabeth you've got absolutely zero credibility on the Burnley one!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:You can criticise the judiciary Ringo, because frankly no one gives a **** about you (or me or any of the normal people)

But a politician directly implying that the judiciary is biased?

Big no no that

In your opinion. Fair enough.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:00 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:In your opinion. Fair enough.
If it's fair to criticise judges Ringo, why is it wrong for some to moan about the recent news story that Boris Johnson is lining his own pockets from Brexit?

You can't have different rules in all this.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:08 pm

aggi wrote:Jesus, you want to discuss prices over a 40 year period but don't want to talk about RPI and real terms. You really don't have a clue do you. I think we can put to bed your tale of being a pensions adviser if you can't understand this concept.
You're original post said

aggi wrote:
Operation Yellowhammer documents released
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ns_CDL.pdf

For those like Ringo who claim that one reason they're for Brexit is helping those who are less well off then point 17 should probably be looked at:

17. Low income groups will be disproportionately affected by any price rises in food and fuel.
Why were you flagging up and quoting point 17 aggi?

To me, it looks like you're saying "Low income groups are ,disproportionately affected by any price rises in food and fuel."

I'm saying they always have, and always will be.

So I'm asking you again.

Does the increasing cost of food or goods have a disproportionate effect on those who can least afford to buy them, ie, on the lowest paid?

Yes

Or

No?

And did millions of the lowest paid vote to leave the EU

Yes

Or

No?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Spijed wrote:If it's fair to criticise judges Ringo, why is it wrong for some to moan about the recent news story that Boris Johnson is lining his own pockets from Brexit?

You can't have different rules in all this.

Who said I want different rules?

If boris is lining his own pockets from brexit, its wrong.

It doesn't stop me from wanting to leave the EU, following the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:11 pm

martin_p wrote:Can you point out how Labour have gone against their manifesto re Brexit and engaged in sheer thuggery and abuse? Otherwise people might think you’re just making **** up.
Perhaps it can all be explained by my misinterpretation of the manifesto, but back in 2017 I knocked on hundreds of doors, put the Corbyn case to dozens of colleagues, friends and family members, and passionately made the case on this messageboard and elsewhere:

Labour will deliver Brexit; There'll be no second referendum; Free movement will end; Nogotiations with the EU will prioritise the average person - not the rich ..etc. etc.

I look at Labour's policy on Brexit now and think "I lied to them all, didn't I? Just totally lied." And that's why I cannot bring myself to campaign for Labour anymore. But like I say, maybe I simply misunderstood Labour's position in 2017. (Doesn't look like it when I watch this though:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27oPCkD7IKs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:27 pm

If it be your will wrote:Perhaps it can all be explained by my misinterpretation of the manifesto, but back in 2017 I knocked on hundreds of doors, put the Corbyn case to dozens of colleagues, friends and family members, and passionately made the case on this messageboard and elsewhere:

Labour will deliver Brexit; There'll be no second referendum; Free movement will end; Nogotiations with the EU will prioritise the average person - not the rich ..etc. etc.

I look at Labour's policy on Brexit now and think "I lied to them all, didn't I? Just totally lied." And that's why I cannot bring myself to campaign for Labour anymore. But like I say, maybe I simply misunderstood Labour's position in 2017. (Doesn't look like it when I watch this though:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27oPCkD7IKs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Labour promised to reject no deal and push for a deal with a customs union. There wasn’t a second referendum and won’t be before the next election where Labour May well change their manifesto. But they’ve been pretty true to their 2017 manifesto in my opinion.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:28 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:You're original post said

Why were you flagging up and quoting point 17 aggi?

To me, it looks like you're saying "Low income groups are ,disproportionately affected by any price rises in food and fuel."

I'm saying they always have, and always will be.

So I'm asking you again.

Does the increasing cost of food or goods have a disproportionate effect on those who can least afford to buy them, ie, on the lowest paid?

Yes

Or

No?

And did millions of the lowest paid vote to leave the EU

Yes

Or

No?
Surely it’s not even beyond you to work out that when a document about the impact of no deal Brexit refers to price rises it means the price rises caused by no deal Brexit!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pm

martin_p wrote:Surely it’s not even beyond you to work out that when a document about the impact of no deal Brexit refers to price rises it means the price rises caused by no deal Brexit!

But its beyond you, apparently, to work out that I'm not saying that a no deal brexit wont potentially cause price rises!!

If it be your will

Post by If it be your will » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:37 pm

martin_p wrote:Labour promised to reject no deal and push for a deal with a customs union. There wasn’t a second referendum and won’t be before the next election where Labour May well change their manifesto. But they’ve been pretty true to their 2017 manifesto in my opinion.
If you honestly believe Labour have been true to their 2017 commitments, then you can take my place trudging round Bolton West and Bury North in the rain, arguing at school gates, explaining to wayward in-laws why they're terribly mistaken, that Corbyn can be trusted, and invest your faith and personal reputation in the Labour Party in front of your work colleagues. You can passionately put the case for Labour's current Brexit position (which I consider to be laughably nonsensical, by the way). But I certainly won't be doing it again.

Good luck martin_p. Let me know how you get on...

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:39 pm

Mala591 wrote:Message to Boris

Accept the EU offer of a Northern Ireland only backstop.
Bribe the DUP to accept it.
First stage of leaving the EU solved.

Message over
Reality thread pointing out why that doesn't fly

-------------> https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/11 ... 2206326786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:50 pm

If it be your will wrote:If you honestly believe Labour have been true to their 2017 commitments, then you can take my place trudging round Bolton West and Bury North in the rain, arguing at school gates, explaining to wayward in-laws why they're terribly mistaken, that Corbyn can be trusted, and invest your faith and personal reputation in the Labour Party in front of your work colleagues. You can passionately put the case for Labour's current Brexit position (which I consider to be laughably nonsensical, by the way). But I certainly won't be doing it again.

Good luck martin_p. Let me know how you get on...
Well if you can point out specifically where they haven’t it’d be helpful. And before you mention the referendum stuff Labour didn’t support a referendum in the indicative votes. Whether you find their emerging policy for the next election laughable or not it doesn’t change the fact that their voting in parliament was consistent with their 2017 promises.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:52 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Listen Edward I dont know whether the pile cream is not having an effect but you seem to be particularly angry today!!

Go and take a nap. Or alternatively get on the Bolton Wanderers message board and resurrect your 2 split personality , schizophrenic parody accounts and get stuck into some "verbal guerilla warfare!"

Cos right now, whether your logged in as unhingedEddie or Elizabeth you've got absolutely zero credibility on the Burnley one!

Ah, the old "angry" jibe, a sure sign you're well and truly ******. Sorry to rattle you about your Elizabeth account - which is current - but there's no correlation between what you're doing now and what I was doing on the Trotters board. Both my accounts, successful in different ways, were brilliant wind-up jobs although the inevitable bans did make life a tad difficult at times.

Yours, like your tedious phone-in padding slots, are mere exercises in blowing smoke up your own arse. It's embarrassing that you have such a desperate need to be seen to have some relevance. The producers of those shows must **** themselves laughing when they see you in the queue yet again. Poor *******.

Having zero credibility in the eyes of damaged goods such as yourself will do fine by me.

When will you next be unleashing Elizabeth upon us ? When the "kids" and the "missus" are tucked up in bed, leaving you free to bash away............
at the keyboard. :?

Do you go the whole hog - again, speaking figuratively - and dress up or is that a bit far even for you ?

Have fun.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:00 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Ah, the old "angry" jibe, a sure sign you're well and truly ******. Sorry to rattle you about your Elizabeth account - which is current - but there's no correlation between what you're doing now and what I was doing on the Trotters board. Both my accounts, successful in different ways, were brilliant wind-up jobs although the inevitable bans did make life a tad difficult at times.

Yours, like your tedious phone-in padding slots, are mere exercises in blowing smoke up your own arse. It's embarrassing that you have such a desperate need to be seen to have some relevance. The producers of those shows must **** themselves laughing when they see you in the queue yet again. Poor *******.

Having zero credibility in the eyes of damaged goods such as yourself will do fine by me.

When will you next be unleashing Elizabeth upon us ? When the "kids" and the "missus" are tucked up in bed, leaving you free to bash away............
at the keyboard. :?

Do you go the whole hog - again, speaking figuratively - and dress up or is that a bit far even for you ?

Have fun.

evensteadiereddie wrote:
what I was doing on the Trotters board. Both my accounts, successful in different ways, were brilliant wind-up jobs although the inevitable bans did make life a tad difficult at times.

What you lack in self awareness Edward, you certainly make up for in self - aggrandizement I'll give you that!!

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Great to see Ringo so active again this week.

Perhaps getting it all in before another ban after a Brighton game.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Getting banned from another clubs message board, for setting up 2 "successful" and "Brilliant" split personality accounts !

And the unhinged one still claims he isn't the parody account that mimics me, Elizabeth!!

Beyond belief. Beyond help.

And just, Why? Why would you actually do it?

:lol: :lol:

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:09 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:But its beyond you, apparently, to work out that I'm not saying that a no deal brexit wont potentially cause price rises!!

So why on earth are you arguing against aggi then, you’re agreeing with him!

If it be your will

Post by If it be your will » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:55 pm

martin_p wrote:Well if you can point out specifically where they haven’t it’d be helpful.
Forgive my mirth, but when you're on the doorstep faced with someone angrily claiming Labour lied to them about Brexit in 2017 (and we certainly did), this kind of response will get you absolutely nowhere!

I really feel for those that have to knock on doors this time. I just don't know what on earth they're going to say considering what we all said only 2 years ago. (I'm looking forward to your reports back from the doorstep - especially if you're going for a 'technicality' route.)

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:06 pm

If it be your will wrote:Forgive my mirth, but when you're on the doorstep faced with someone angrily claiming Labour lied to them about Brexit in 2017 (and we certainly did), this kind of response will get you absolutely nowhere!

I really feel for those that have to knock on doors this time. I just don't know what on earth they're going to say considering what we all said only 2 years ago. (I'm looking forward to your reports back from the doorstep - especially if you're going for a 'technicality' route.)
Well, as I said, it’d be helpful if you can point out specifics re Brexit, given we’re not on a doorstep and I’m not angry with you.
Last edited by martin_p on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:14 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Getting banned from another clubs message board, for setting up 2 "successful" and "Brilliant" split personality accounts !

And the unhinged one still claims he isn't the parody account that mimics me, Elizabeth!!

Beyond belief. Beyond help.

And just, Why? Why would you actually do it?

:lol: :lol:

I'll explain yet again, a little more clearly. I ran one account as a legit BFC fan enjoying the er, banter with some of their lads. Occasionally it went too far and one lad, Mallorca Trotter, bless him, had my BFC fan account shut. No problem - new user name, tone it all down a bit and off we went. The other account, never questioned, was a ****-take from start to finish, posting stuff just to see how gullible some of those fools were.
It was, to be fair, pretty interesting to see how you could manipulate others' thinking. Nothing "split personality" about that, chap, far from it - two uses of different persona. That's why I did it.
Hope you understood that.

Again, classic floundering from you - you've been caught by the knackers fair and square over your fake account so, suddenly, you start squealing its my account. Your second account is not a parody account - don't you understand what the term means ? It is your rather childish and embarrassing attempt to garner support. That's why you do it.

How ******* pathetic and needy are you ? Don't get upset over being caught out, you just aren't clever enough to disguise the language "Elizabeth" uses. You do reasonably well to a point and then the odd jibe, the odd piece of repetition or the tone gives you away. Learn from it. I'll be looking for some improvement.

As I said earlier, its not a difficult science to spot the writing habits we all have, they'll show eventually.

And finally, FWIW, I think one Bolton lad did have some suspicions about my allegiance but only admitted that when Bolton went down, my work there was done and I finally owned up. ;)

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:32 pm

If it be your will wrote:Forgive my mirth, but when you're on the doorstep faced with someone angrily claiming Labour lied to them about Brexit in 2017 (and we certainly did), this kind of response will get you absolutely nowhere!

Unfortunately you are wasting your time.
I used to door step for Labour years ago and I fully understand your position, I wouldn’t be going knocking on doors if I had said that.

This time I will be doorstepping for The Brexit Party if/when we have a GE.

And I think we can win.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:34 pm

martin_p wrote:Well, as I said, it’d be helpful if you can point out specifics re Brexit, given we’re not on a doorstep and I’m not angry with you.
No but even if proof was provided, you would argue it wasn’t valid, it’s was wrong etc.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:Unfortunately you are wasting your time.
I used to door step for Labour years ago and I fully understand your position, I wouldn’t be going knocking on doors if I had said that.

And I think we can win.
What happens if we leave before a GE? Won't you be wasting your time as Brexit will have already happened?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:Unfortunately you are wasting your time.

And I think we can win.
Win in Burnley? Possibly

Win nationally? Not a hope

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:No but even if proof was provided, you would argue it wasn’t valid, it’s was wrong etc.
You’re mistaking me for Wrongo.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Spijed wrote:What happens if we leave before a GE? Won't you be wasting your time as Brexit will have already happened?

Yes like that’s really going to happen.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Win in Burnley? Possibly

Who , Labour!?

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Win in Burnley? Possibly

Agreed.
I think there is enough bad feeling for Julie Cooper. £197,000 claimed expenses.

She is digging her own political grave.

Nationally, enough places to get maybe 50-70 seats for the Brexit party.

Current parties with a lot less have a great deal of power at the moment.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:10 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Who , Labour!?
He was answering my post Ringo.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:11 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:Agreed.
I think there is enough bad feeling for Julie Cooper. £197,000 claimed expenses.

But what happens if Boris repackages May's deal and we DO leave on/before Oct 31?

What happens to the Brexit party then?

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:11 pm

I see Ringo has moved on from 'martin' to Never Ready Eddie.
I never thought I would receive such attention

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:12 pm

martin_p wrote:So why on earth are you arguing against aggi then, you’re agreeing with him!
I'm not arguing against aggi.

Aggi is very similar to you. He simply cannot bring himself to agree with me!

:lol:

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Oh, Ringo, you are such a prick.

It was worth waiting for, mind. :lol:

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:Agreed.

Unfortunately the Tories are in the process of nicking Nigel’s shtick which means he won’t pick up as many votes as you’re expecting.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Not read or copied it all but Labours manifesto in 2017 look like a remain one.

NEGOTIATING
BREXIT
Labour accepts the referendum result and a Labour government
will put the national interest first. We will prioritise jobs and living standards, build a close new relationship with the EU, protect workers’ rights and environmental standards, provide certainty
to EU nationals and give
a meaningful role to Parliament throughout negotiations.
We will end Theresa May’s reckless approach to Brexit, and seek to unite the country around a Brexit deal that works for every community in Britain.
We will scrap the Conservatives’ Brexit White Paper and replace it with fresh negotiating priorities that have a strong emphasis on retaining the benefits of the Single market and the Customs Union – which
are essential for maintaining industries, jobs and businesses in Britain. Labour will always put jobs and the economy first.
A Labour government will immediately guarantee existing rights for all EU nationals living in Britain and secure reciprocal rights for UK citizens who have chosen
to make their lives in EU countries. EU nationals do not just contribute
to our society: they are part of our society. And they should not be used as bargaining chips.
It is shameful that the Prime
Minister rejected repeated attempts by Labour to resolve this issue before Article 50 was triggered. As a result three million EU nationals have suffered unnecessary uncertainty,
as have the 1.2 million UK citizens living in the EU.
A Conservative Brexit will weaken workers’ rights, deregulate the economy, slash corporate taxes, sideline Parliament and democratic accountability, and cut Britain off from our closest allies and most important trading partners.
Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option and if needs be negotiate transitional arrangements to avoid
a cliff-edge’ for the economy.
The issues that affect our continent now will continue to do so in the future – and Labour will continue to work constructively with the
EU and other European nations
on issues such as climate change, refugee crises and counter-terrorism. e will build a close co-operative future relationship with the EU,
not as members but as partners

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Now you cannot stay in the single market or a customs union and have controlled immigration.
You must also accept all EU laws.

So your staying in.