World Mental Health Day

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

World Mental Health Day

Post by jdrobbo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Your mental health is every bit as important as your physical health. Keep talking folks, with an extra nudge in the direction of the blokes (women just seem naturally better at it).

This forum, I know, has been a great help to others at difficult times and it’s important to remember that in many more cases than not, it is filled with people who want to talk, listen, advise. Keep it going and keep enjoying that one mutual love that we all certainly share...Up The Clarets!!
These 6 users liked this post: Lord Beamish tim_noone Bosscat WestMidsClaret Wile E Coyote damo_whitehead

DomBFC1882
Been Liked: 462 times
Has Liked: 2398 times

Re: World Mental Health Day

Post by DomBFC1882 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Great post JD
This user liked this post: Wile E Coyote

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Happy WMHD. It's about time the government really looked in to this rather then to pretend they are. The help out there is shocking. Most help that you do get if you're that bad lasts for about 8 weeks. They haven't got a clue what they are doing. Most GPs aren't trained in mental health.

There really isn't any organisation in any of the programs that are supposed to help. I've just about given up on ever being given the help and support that's needed. Whatever money is being pumped in to this isn't being used correctly.

I have been struggling for decades and it has got worse over the past couple of years to the point of having suicidal tendencies. The help I got was quite frankly shite .

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 pm

I hear where you’re coming from WestMidsClaret. The stigma may have been dislodged but the amount of support out there is still light years from where it needs to get to. I’m really sorry to hear about your struggles. I hope that in time, your situation and health improves. Sending very best wishes.
This user liked this post: WestMidsClaret

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 pm

I don't even think the stigma has been dislodged to be honest. I've been going through this battle for nearly 30 years and I'm only 42 (though I act 22)! I've excepted it will never improve. But just to feel like I'm getting some sort of proper help and support, not the guff I've had, would probably do more good then the amount of pills I've been given.

Thanks for the kind words though.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm

You're making out the the onus is on the person, society is dysfunctional, if you're in trouble in that world, one is blamed. Folk say 'get help' rather than helping.

It's important that one's human needs are fulfilled, we now live in a world of subtefuge, every woman on their phone to who? Where? the devil born of loneliness is a killer.

We're living in a society that's perverted and asking of folk to accept that as a moral guide is a recipe for madness.

The Internet is a psychotic companion, doing karate moves on the psyche 100 times a second, right now and yet one is drawn to this mediation as all public life disappears.