General Election Is On

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Re: General Election Is On

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:29 am

nyclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 am
Due to austerity, Blyth Valley has 14,847 (24.18%) children living in poverty.

26.7% of households are classed as fuel poor.

The unemployment rate is 31%.

And they just voted for Conservative...
As i keep saying....instead of concentrating on why people voted Conservative..think about why people in that position didn't vote Labour. Then you might have your answer.
These 3 users liked this post: tiger76 LordBob claret_in_exile

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:29 am

dermotdermot wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:18 pm
I’m sorry, but I feel very strongly about this. I’ve always voted Labour- I even voted for Miliband even though I preferred his brother. I voted to remain in Europe. The emergence of Corbyn has, for me, been a horror story. I just cannot believe that anyone could trust him with anything given the colossal amount of baggage that accompanies him. He has taken the Labour Party back to the dark ages. It will never recover. He is far from being a democrat. He is a totalitarian. You have to do what he says or else! I will be just be so glad to see the back of him as well as all of his cronies including Mccluskey and Milne. I hate him and them with such a vengeance that I never thought I was capable of. I’ve had over four years if listening to this gigantic hypocrite and I’ve had enough and I am just so glad that he is no longer a threat. There will be many people in the country who feel exactly as I do.
Do you hate them more than you hate people who eat at mcdonalds?

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:30 am

BennyD wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:17 am
And if/when you do lose you should accept it in good grace, which is also what you should do in victory. However, the remainers make this very difficult...........
Balls to that.

There's been times when they've danced on a pin head of pedantry as they've argued the toss to try n avoid admitting they were wrong on a certain issue.

Pack-like, they've rounded on me and its tricky when you're arguing with , at times, 5 or 6 of them. Especially when you're trying to get on with your work.

Even when proven wrong they've melted away into the ether, rather than admit I was right ( aggi, martin p, Lancaster claret)

They've denied all knowledge of saying things simultaneously calling me a liar. They knew the truth.

They've been so desperate at times, they've been reduced to pedantry over spelling or grammar

When they've ran out of all the above, they've accused me of being drunk time after time.

They've mocked. They've sneered and they've laughed. Boy have they laughed.

I've been patient, resolute and bided my time.

But here's the very very best bit.

THEY'RE NOT LAUGHING NOW ARE THEY!
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:32 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:20 am

All I want is a happy & prosperous future for the 'normal' folk of the UK and it seems the choice has been loudly made who they think will deliver that, so forward into the future we go.
I'll join you, Combat, in a happy and prosperous future for the "normal" folk in the UK.

The results aren't in, yet, just the first few early declarations. Maybe the exit poll is reasonably accurate - we will know in 4-5 hours, based on previous GEs.

I'm thinking how I would respond if my party was on the losing side? Yes, I've been there before, I guess we all have.

I'm going to follow the same approach if my party is the winner. Somewhere in there there's the chance for all the country to get back to "normal" again.

Good night and good luck, everyone. That's me done with posting on this "General Election Is On" thread.
This user liked this post: CombatClaret

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:36 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:30 am
Balls to that.

There's been times when they've danced on a pin head of pedantry as they've argued the toss to try n avoid admitting they were wrong on a certain issue.

Pack-like, they've rounded on me and its tricky when you're arguing with , at times, 5 or 6 of them. Especially when you're trying to get on with your work.

Even when proven wrong they've melted away into the ether, rather than admit I was right ( aggi, martin p, Lancaster claret)

They've denied all knowledge of saying things simultaneously calling me a liar. They knew the truth.

They've been so desperate at times, they've been reduced to pedantry over spelling or grammar

When they've ran out of all the above, they've accused me of being drunk time after time.

Where are they all? :roll: :lol:

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:37 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Going on a nutty rant at your detractors is not the best way to prove you're not a nutter like they said.
This user liked this post: Dazzler

Joe14
Been Liked: 252 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by Joe14 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:38 am

:lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :) :) :) :) :) 8-) :D 8-) 8-) :D :lol: 8-) :lol:

Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5159 times

Post by Rowls » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:38 am

Spiral wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:22 am
Nobody said these people were smart.
Exactly.

And they've been telling them how stupid they are for years now.

And the voters STILL won't vote the way they're told to.

Stupid voters, eh?
Last edited by Rowls on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Vino blanco » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:39 am

Good night for the Tories, even better night for Ringo. Ringo has stuck to his guns for months and been laughed at: as he says, you're not laughing now. Thank God we can now look forward to five more years of strong and stable Conservative leadership.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:40 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:25 am
:lol: :lol: Spoken like a true sulking, foaming at the mouth, resorting to insults lefty. A complete failure to grasp political reality..a common theme with the left.
christ, immature personified, get back to your Sun editorials and give us all a break you lightweight nonentity.

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:45 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Balls to that.

I understand your frustration as I too have been sneered at, although nowhere near on the same scale as you have. By ceding the opportunity to rub their noses in it, you will be the bigger man and should be respected because of that. However, if your good grace is besmirched then really go for it, and rub their f*cking noses in it.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:46 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:40 am
christ, immature personified, get back to your Sun editorials and give us all a break you lightweight nonentity.
Me immature? Oh the hypocrisy. Certainly more factual correct than your tirade was.Take a look at your original rant and tell me how mature that was. Jesus wept. :lol: :lol:

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:47 am

Rowls wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:38 am
Exactly.

And they've been telling them how stupid they are for years now.

And they STILL won't vote the way they're told to.

Stupid voters, eh?
Basically, yes. It's hardly wise to complain about poverty before rewarding with ones vote a party under whose premiership poverty has demonstrably increased. But whatever, you keep pretending I'm being smug, it's no skin off my back.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:49 am

Spiral wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:47 am
Basically, yes. It's hardly wise to complain about poverty before rewarding with ones vote a party under whose premiership poverty has demonstrably increased. But whatever, you keep pretending I'm being smug, it's no skin off my back.
I'm not pretending you're being smug. Chances are you're feeling the very opposite.

No, I'm poking fun at the fact that you haven't realized that calling the electorate thick isn't a great idea.
These 2 users liked this post: claret_in_exile KateR

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:49 am

It's no wonder your side lost if that is a commonly held belief.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:53 am

Rowls wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:49 am
I'm not pretending you're being smug. Chances are you're feeling the very opposite.

No, I'm poking fun at the fact that you haven't realized that calling the electorate thick isn't a great idea.
I'm not running for election. I'll make judgement wherever I please, thanks. And while I wouldn't expect you to have noted every post I've made, you'll find I've been remarkable cynical about people getting what they deserve over the various political threads of late. Poverty, prosperity, defeat, hope, none of it is forced on people. They vote for it. They are the masters of their own destiny.

aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Post by aggi » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:53 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:11 pm
Not sure if this is a wind up or you're actually being serious. I just don't know on here any more :lol:
I posted exactly the same on one of TopClaret's posts the other day. I then looked back at his posts and realised it wasn't parody, he's a batshit mental racist.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:54 am

Vino blanco wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:39 am
Good night for the Tories, even better night for Ringo. Ringo has stuck to his guns for months and been laughed at: as he says, you're not laughing now. Thank God we can now look forward to five more years of strong and stable Conservative leadership.
Sincerely appreciate that fella.

As the saying goes, " good things come to those who wait."

Tonight feels a bit like when we got to the prem under Coyle.

It's often been very very personal . A quick glance at the "Brexit- the naked truth " thread right now shows it's still going on with TVC15 reduced to bringing my lad into his sad sack bile filled angry posts.

Just makes tonight all the more sweeter.

That , and John " brexit blocker" Bercows face!

:lol:
This user liked this post: BennyD

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:55 am

Spiral wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:53 am
I'm not running for election. I'll make judgement wherever I please, thanks. And while I wouldn't expect you to have noted every post I've made, you'll find I've been remarkable cynical about people getting what they deserve over the various political threads of late. Poverty, prosperity, defeat, hope, none of it is forced on people. They vote for it. They are the masters of their own destiny.
Very well.

In that case I'm poking fun at you for being sanctimonious and patronizing.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 am

Vino blanco wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:39 am
Strong and stable?

I was with a lady yesterday who had to wait over two hours for an ambulance after breaking her leg.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:00 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:36 am
Where are they all? :roll: :lol:
Oh , dont you worry.

They're here.

They stay in the shadows . They read my posts but are often to spineless to respond. Then days later, usually mob handed, they bring up things up I said.

So I know they're there and reading my posts.

Cowards.

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 am

I AM VOTING RINGO AT THE NEXT ELECTION ..... rock on Ringo
These 3 users liked this post: RingoMcCartney Vino blanco BertiesBeehole

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:20 am
I think there's a difference between accepting you lost and rolling over on deeply held principals. What a lot of people including myself couldn't get to grips with is when you picked two 'winners' and they had totally different opinions of what the prize was. But that's one for the MA dissertations and histories yet to be written.

All I want is a happy & prosperous future for the 'normal' folk of the UK and it seems the choice has been loudly made who they think will deliver that, so forward into the future we go.
Kudos to you CombatClaret; you appreciate that sometimes people hold opposing views that are as strong as your own, but their’s prevail at the ballot box. As a Conservative leaver, I’m continually frustrated by those that don’t, but I fervently hope tonight’s result, whichever way it goes, unites the country in moving forward.
This user liked this post: LordBob

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 am

Rowls wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:55 am
Very well.

In that case I'm poking fun at you for being sanctimonious and patronizing.
If that's how you feel so be it. Bugger all I can do about how you feel about me.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:06 am

LordBob wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 am
I AM VOTING RINGO AT THE NEXT ELECTION ..... rock on Ringo
I think I'd make a lousy politician.

I haven't got enough faces.....

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:06 am

Spiral wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 am
If that's how you feel so be it. Bugger all I can do about how you feel about me.
No but perhaps you could look at it another way and change the way you think about other people?

I do my level best not to assume that those who disagree with my politically are somehow "stupid". They don't share my views, that's all.

Give it a try, I recommend it.
Last edited by Rowls on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordBob

Post by LordBob » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:06 am

it appears Hyndburn is looking dodgy for Graham Jones ?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:08 am

Corbyn only lost because he was up against Boris Johnson.

Had he ran unopposed, he'd have still lost!

These 2 users liked this post: claret_in_exile BennyD

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:11 am

Looking forward to the Broxtowe count.

Seeing Anna Soubrey finally get the message that the British people will not be ignored, will be a sight to behold.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:15 am

still mainly exit polls predictions as of yet, I'll wait for the full results but have to say I do not like the predictions in Scotland one bit but that will be another thread in the not to distant future I suspect.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:17 am

Rowls wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:06 am
No but perhaps you could look at it another way and change the way you think about other people?

I do my level best not to assume that those who disagree with my politically are somehow "stupid". They don't share my views, that's all.

Give it a try, I recommend it.
I'll do you one better, I refuse to bask in feigned magnanimity, effectively patronising people by pretending there's any wisdom whatsoever in quotes like "get the muslims out", or "Scotland next" in the context of a conversation about leaving the EU. And you've wholly misunderstood me if you believe I look down on people with a differing political opinion. You'll find I've had some quite pleasant conversations with leavers and Tories over the course of this thread. The gall of you to recommend ways in which to 'improve' me as a person, or to even presume the capacity to do such a thing, is staggering, if not a little quaint.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:20 am

LordBob wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:06 am
it appears Hyndburn is looking dodgy for Graham Jones ?
It's the type of seat that the BP will poll well in,depends who they damage more,but on the national swing it would be a narrow Conservative gain.

Ian Lavery facing a recount before hanging on,i can see many Shadow cabinet members outside London biting their nails over the coming hours.

Edit-Labour has started to lose some of its frontbench team now.

Sue Hayman - the party’s shadow environment secretary - has lost to the Conservatives in Workington.

And the shadow Brexit minister Jenny Chapman has lost to the Tories in Darlington too.

There may well be other big name Labour casualties in the next few hours.
Last edited by tiger76 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Post by LeadBelly » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:20 am

There's a fair amount of backstabbing going on already within the Labour party. People who were licking JCs backside yesterday now calling him/momentum etc out.
I'm finding The Guardian excellent reading (it must be reporting through gritted teeth with tears falling). EG
==============================================================
...Labour’s Phil Wilson, who was defending a majority of more than 6,000 votes in Sedgefield, has already hit out at his party’s “delusional” leadership on social media (he’s not yet arrived at the count in Spennymoor leisure centre):
For @UKLabour leadership to blame Brexit for the result is mendacious nonsense. Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership was a bigger problem. To say otherwise is delusional. The Party’s leadership went down like a lead balloon on the doorstep. Labour’s leadership needs to take responsibility.

========================
Labour's Gareth Snell blames remainers in shadow cabinet who wanted to be leader for scale of party's defeat
Here is the key quote from Gareth Snell, who expects to be defeated as Labour’s candidate in Stoke-on-Trent Central. It is clear that he is primarily blaming people like Sir Keir Starmer, the shadow Brexit secretary, Emily Thornberry, the shadow foreign secretary, and Tom Watson, the outgoing deputy leader, for the predicted historic defeat.

It’s a lovely and toxic combination of the fact that the message in Stoke-on-Trent that’s been heard by the voters is that the Labour party tried to stop Brexit. It would be remiss of me not to mention that Jeremy Corbyn has come up on the doorsteps. Some people really like him. Some people really dislike him, and that has been a turnoff.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:20 am

Watching Channel 4!

The metropolitan bubble dwelling class are looking utterly utterly bewildered!

Ah this is viewing gold!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 am

Channel 4 -

A guest has literally just said, " labour clearly have really popular policies!!!!!"

The denial and delusion has no limits!!

Comedy gold !

Pure comedy gold

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:23 am

Spiral wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:17 am
I'll do you one better, I refuse to bask in feigned magnanimity, effectively patronising people by pretending there's any wisdom whatsoever in quotes like "get the muslims out", or "Scotland next" in the context of a conversation about leaving the EU. And you've wholly misunderstood me if you believe I look down on people with a differing political opinion. You'll find I've had some quite pleasant conversations with leavers and Tories over the course of this thread. The gall of you to recommend ways in which to 'improve' me as a person, or to even presume the capacity to do such a thing, is staggering, if not a little quaint.
You should have made it much clearer that you were talking about a specific person in Blyth Valley who had said these dreadful things to you.

Then I'd have been inclined to agree with you.

But how were we to know that you'd been canvassing in Blyth Valley?

You should have told us much sooner.

But goodnight now.

God Bless.

claret_in_exile
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 326 times

Post by claret_in_exile » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 am

Workington down. Oof.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:25 am

Channel 4-

Still bleating on about " stopping brexit"

The dwellers of the metropolitan London borough of Ivory Towers look even more disconnected by the minute!

Disconnected and foolish!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:26 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Balls to that.

I did actually laugh at loud at this, Ringo's Messiah complex has brightened my evening up.

By the way, I didn't call you a liar, you are a liar. There are multiple examples. This one's probably the best http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 0#p1018674 but there are so many

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 am

1st SNP gain Rutherglen & Hamilton West,Labour are tanking everywhere.

claret_in_exile
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 326 times

Post by claret_in_exile » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:32 am

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 am
1st SNP gain Rutherglen & Hamilton West,Labour are tanking everywhere.
Yep - this is a huge vote against Labour rather than for the Tories or SNP, I think.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:32 am

Ringo, I do feel you have been picked on unfairly and it looked to me that you had to resort to certain ' crazy' methods to stand up to the posters you have quite rightly singled out. As they started from a point of weakness they should have showed more willingness to debate fairly, so I think you were justified.
I post as someone who has been consistently undermined , accused of being your alter ego. Like yourself I have not let these same posters wear me down.
I think the only thing I would like to read as you 'celebrate' your ' victory' is some kind of apology for accusing me of being one of these posters , albeit at a time I think you were under some stress

LordBob

Post by LordBob » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 am

Spiral wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:17 am
I can't remember reading your posts but if it's footy I read them all never really looking at who is posting, it's the Clarets and we are hopefully all the same but I am very interested in tonight's events and I have read so many of the passionate quotes and posts so open and at times revealing but when I saw your post that said " You'll find I've had some quite pleasant conversations with leavers and Tories over the course of this thread" you sounded so condescending and aloof I saw through you. Corbyn has just bought a ticket, sailing from Southampton Wednesday April 10th 1912

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 am

Rowls wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:23 am
You should have made it much clearer that you were talking about a specific person in Blyth Valley who had said these dreadful things to you.

Then I'd have been inclined to agree with you.

But how were we to know that you'd been canvassing in Blyth Valley?

You should have told us much sooner.

But goodnight now.

God Bless.
Yes, his name was Peter, I believe. Peter Piper. I believe he picked a peck of pickled peppers, but I can't be sure. Perhaps I'll ask him when I'm next out canvassing in Blyth Valley. I'll be sure to pass on your scorn. I presume it's scorn, yes? Any more rhetorical ditch digging from you I should be aware of before I call it a night?

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:45 am

So, with the likely good performance of the Tories and the SNP is this the beginning of the end for the United Kingdom?

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:45 am

Labour :lol:

Libtards :lol:

Right wing tories ;)

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:47 am

claret_in_exile wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:32 am
Yep - this is a huge vote against Labour rather than for the Tories or SNP, I think.
The Tories and the SNP both had clear lines on the constitutional issues,namely brexit and independence,whereas Labour sat on the fence,i'm afraid on major issues you can't do that.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:51 am

aggi wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:26 am
I did actually laugh at loud at this, Ringo's Messiah complex has brightened my evening up.

By the way, I didn't call you a liar, you are a liar. There are multiple examples. This one's probably the best http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 0#p1018674 but there are so many
Aggi oh aggi!!!

You are one of the big 6 Remoaners of this messageboard board who make this moment as enjoyable as it is!!

Your presence here tonight makes the moment all the more sweeter!

Even at this moment you're still squirming in the past. Denying you said the things you said. When you and I both know the truth!!

When it comes to lying youve been premier league!

Youve met yourself coming back time after , time after time in your relentless evangelical europhile zealot crusade against heretics like me that blasphemy against your precious EU cult!!

You failed. You failed on a regular basis.

But non of it matters now aggi. You and your sometimes obsessive and near hysterical need to try and silence the slightest criticism of what you're clearly emotionally wedded to. The church of the latter day europhile! Are tonight redundant. They're utterly utterly irrelevant!

Why?

Well, some people think that the idea of remaining in the EU is all over!!!

IT IS NOW!
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:52 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 am
Strong and stable?

I was with a lady yesterday who had to wait over two hours for an ambulance after breaking her leg.
You utter f*ckwit; why did she have to wait? Was it because there wasn’t enough treatment rooms because of stupid p!ssed idiots getting into fights or falling over? Whoever is in government isn’t responsible for that (apart from Labour who de-restricted the drinking laws). That is local demand overwhelming available resources, not evil Tory politicians. How many beds should there be, just in case? They all need paying for no matter who is in Westminster.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:53 am

LordBob wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 am
when I saw your post that said " You'll find I've had some quite pleasant conversations with leavers and Tories over the course of this thread" you sounded so condescending and aloof I saw through you.
You saw through me to see condescension and aloofness when I said I get can along with folk? That specific line? Considering everything else I've posted that doesn't make sense.