General Election Is On

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Re: General Election Is On

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:46 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:43 pm
It's nothing like that. Rather than just trying to shout it down why don't you try presenting a coherent argument? The make up of parliament should reflect the views of the country. That would be representative and democratic. One person, one vote and fair representation.
...along with nothing but coalitions and even more arguing and logjams of the type we have just had for the last year.

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:46 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:35 pm
Not this **** again... It's like saying that the top of the premier league got 100 points but the 19 below them got a collective amount of points greater than them so we need to reform how we classify the winner.

To take your ludicrous football analogy to the next level it's like saying that some clubs should get 8 points for a win whilst the others should only get three. Because that's what's happening here.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:47 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:53 pm
“Cursory glance” ?...you wouldn’t know the meaning.
You spend your life on here - you brought up the issue of your son and I said that you should spend less time on this message board and more time with him (I paraphrase before you go all mental again with those quotation marks)

You’re hilarious - touch a nerve did I ? And look at you going out in clitheroe celebrating tonight - maybe your lad will get to catch the back of your head over the weekend sometime as you are hunched over the computer bashing the keyboard furiously.
Hey Mr Nasty!

Being on the winning side of a democratic vote!

You wouldn't know the meaning!!

:lol: :lol:

Also , it clearly hasn't occured to you that 1, I dont need your blessing for how long or otherwise I spend on here. And 2. There are other posters who spend far far more time on here than me!

Its just that my posts clearly irk you, and you're apportioning a disproportionate weighting to them.

Which is kind of reassuring in a guilty pleasure way!

A win , win, if ever there was one!

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:46 pm
...along with nothing but coalitions and even more arguing and logjams of the type we have just had for the last year.

Do you know how many countries in the world have PR and manage quite nicely?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:50 pm

martin_p wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:54 pm
But I’ve been predicting a Johnson win since the election was called. He’s a liar, that’s a proven fact. People will vote for liars, you only need to look across the Atlantic to see that. They didn’t like the alternative, Labour will need to offer a new alternative. I’m not the one denying anything.
People can accept a politician that lies.
Most people expect them to lie. It's been going on since as long as I can remember.
What i couldn't accept was a politician who cant be trusted with the countries purse strings

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:37 pm
The people who voted for Blair in 1997 and for a Labour government for 13 years are still there. They voted Tory last night though. Think about that.
Well I for one do think about it. I also think about Thatcher’s comment that her biggest achievement was Tony Blair. I also think about Murdoch. I think about Mandelson, Campbell and all the others that put their petty personal vendettas behind Johnson.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:55 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:08 pm
I know, all those things that have upset you so much in the past and, you know what, I've never even been banned...

What about you, Ringo ? Have you been banned, Ringo ?
What did you post, Ringo ? What were you banned for, Ringo ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hypocritical prick.
Oh I wondered when the abusive language would appear!?

Had a couple of tongue loosening pints have we Edward!!?

:lol:

Below is quite possibly my favourite post of 2019!!

The one where you shamelessly admit registering TWICE on a Bolton Wanderers board and pretend to be Bolton fan!!

If carlsberg did lacking self awareness!
evensteadiereddie wrote:
i Was happy to spend time on the Bolton board engaged in guerilla verbal warfarewith a large group of Trotters fans who were convinced they were far superior to the Clarets in every respect even though, especially after the Coyle debacle, the club was clearly on the side.
The second account - it was a fake account not a parody - was designed purely to be the vehicle of sly, subversive digs from a ahem, disillusioned Bolton fan. It is fascinating to see how you can fool people if you play the ruse correctly.

As I explained, your stupidity lies in your lack of wit, guile and humour. Your completing missing of my point merely amplifies how correct I was - no amount of shouty capitals, bold type and emojis will change that.

Your Elizabeth account is not a parody, it's a fake and, as I said, a pretty badly-executed one.

Why would you create some lousy second account on a football forum's Brexit thread, God only knows. The same reason you tout yourself round the radio phone-ins, I guess.

My reference to "We all do it" was obviously concering the certain habits we all use when writing at length. I would have thought that was obvious - do read it again - but there you go.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

" i Was happy to spend time on the Bolton board engaged in guerilla verbal warfare"

Jesus!!!!!!!

"Guerilla verbal warfare!!!!!!!!"

Please Edward ! Stop it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:57 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:47 pm
Hey Mr Nasty!

Being on the winning side of a democratic vote!

You wouldn't know the meaning!!

Also , it clearly hasn't occured to you that 1, I dont need your blessing for how long or otherwise I spend on here. And 2. There are other posters who spend far far more time on here than me!

Its just that my posts clearly irk you, and you're apportioning a disproportionate weighting to them.

Which is kind of reassuring in a guilty pleasure way!

A win , win, if ever there was one!

Nasty little **** is this fella and you have done right calling him out. I saw what he wrote about you last night and he was well out of order and it's not the first time
These 2 users liked this post: elwaclaret RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:59 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:A worrying obsession ? Don't flatter yourself.

Far from it - I'm merely pointing out again your idiocy in attempting to run, at least, two accounts and doing it in a very silly, amateurish way.
You'd have been far better off having Elizabeth as a Remainer but becoming increasingly critical of the way the Remainers are conducting themselves, having her chipping away, just throwing in the odd valid-ish point every now and then.

I did it a few years ago on a Bolton Wanderers boardOne account being the hostile, gleeful Burnley fan, the other a long-suffering Trotters fan with patience sadly running out.The Burnley fan was scornful as Bolton slid down the table, the Bolton fan found himself in the awful position of having to criticise the management, some of the players and the lack of support. Not too much - and it worked a treat. Even some of the Billy Bull shitters such as yourself began to agree with some of the fabricated points.

All you've done, however, is create a watered down version of yourself with slightly less bullshit and conceit.

Stylometry is not a difficult science; word choice, sentence structure, repetition, punctuation, sentence length, syntax, figurative speech, humour - or lack of it, tone and so on are all quite noticeable habits in anybody's writing. We all do it, it's just that your subtle little game isn't just, well, subtle enough.

As I said, I feel sorry for you - you appear to have some serious psychological weakness. You're harmless enough.
So let me get this straight.

You actually took the time to register on a Bolton Wanderers football message board. Not ONCE but TWICE. To create 2 seperate accounts.

Youre actually admitting it!

You admit that it's not difficult to parody somebody. You dont explain why anybody rational would want to! And you dont explain why I would want to. Despite that you believe that "we all do it!"

I don't know what anybody would get out of setting up a parody account on a message board. Genuinely. But its crystal clear from your confession, YOU DO!!

And then you claim I gave some "serious psychological weakness"

Hoist by your own petard springs to mind Edward.

I'll let others decide.....

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:57 pm
Nasty little **** is this fella and you have done right calling him out. I saw what he wrote about you last night and he was well out of order and it's not the first time
Sincerely appreciate your comments.

If you didn't know any better. If you were reading what these obnoxious blow hards said on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. Youd be forgiven for thinking they hold normal mainstream, commonly held views and attitudes!

They dont, but they're blissfully unaware of that fact!

In the main they're a gaggle of disconnected,
metropolitan bubble dwelling weirdos . Who feed off each other and reinforce their own warped , insular and extremely parochial , myopic world view. In their view anybody, like me, , who has the audacity, to express a different opinion gets treat pack-like and shown total intolerance.

EUROPHILE LEFTIES - CLAIM TO LOVE DIVERSITY

HATE DIVERSITY OF OPINION

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:43 pm
It's nothing like that. Rather than just trying to shout it down why don't you try presenting a coherent argument? The make up of parliament should reflect the views of the country. That would be representative and democratic. One person, one vote and fair representation.
Im not shouting it down... I was simply pointing out how the logic doesn't work in a slightly different context.

There was an opportunity to change the way that our votes counted in 2011.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12892836

People voted knowing how their vote would count. We have proven this time round that even stronghold seats where historically a party could put an inanimate object up as their candidate and win is no longer the case..

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Ringo - did you see my earlier post where I asked for your opinion - see towards bottom of page 97.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Im not shouting it down... I was simply pointing out how the logic doesn't work in a slightly different context.

There was an opportunity to change the way that our votes counted in 2011.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12892836

People voted knowing how their vote would count. We have proven this time round that even stronghold seats where historically a party could put an inanimate object up as their candidate and win is no longer the case..
If there's one lasting legacy of this election,it'll hopefully ensure no party takes the electorate for granted,and assume they'll blindly keep voting as they always have in certain seats.

This election and the shake-up of long-term Labour seats should serve as a warning,but given their lacklustre response to the drubbing of 2015 in Scotland,don't bank on them heeding the warning.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:48 pm
I would hazard a guess they have a broader but more harmonious political spectrum than we currently have. Lots more centre ground choices for starters.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 pm

RMutt wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:51 pm
Well I for one do think about it. I also think about Thatcher’s comment that her biggest achievement was Tony Blair. I also think about Murdoch. I think about Mandelson, Campbell and all the others that put their petty personal vendettas behind Johnson.
Perhaps like most of the country they believed the far left had hijacked their party. They were right. Until you suck it up and embrace that reality then Labour will not get elected.
This user liked this post: tiger76

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:02 pm
Sincerely appreciate your comments.

If you didn't know any better. If you were reading what these obnoxious blow hards said on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. Youd be forgiven for thinking they hold normal mainstream, commonly held views and attitudes!

They dont, but they're blissfully unaware of that fact!

In the main they're a gaggle of disconnected,
metropolitan bubble dwelling weirdos . Who feed off each other and reinforce their own warped , insular and extremely parochial , myopic world view. In their view anybody, like me, , who has the audacity, to express a different opinion gets treat pack-like and shown total intolerance.

EUROPHILE LEFTIES - CLAIM TO LOVE DIVERSITY

HATE DIVERSITY OF OPINION
Probably worth reminding yourself of what you have called anyone who decided we might be better off remaining in the EU before you accuse anyone of not being tolerant of others' opinions.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:59 pm
So let me get this straight.

You actually took the time to register on a Bolton Wanderers football message board. Not ONCE but TWICE. To create 2 seperate accounts.

Youre actually admitting it!

You admit that it's not difficult to parody somebody. You dont explain why anybody rational would want to! And you dont explain why I would want to. Despite that you believe that "we all do it!"

I don't know what anybody would get out of setting up a parody account on a message board. Genuinely. But its crystal clear from your confession, YOU DO!!

And then you claim I gave some "serious psychological weakness"

Hoist by your own petard springs to mind Edward.

I'll let others decide.....
Ringo..when will you realise. Lefties will never admit when they are wrong. Idealogically impossible for them to do it. Twisted minds.

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:30 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm
If there's one lasting legacy of this election,it'll hopefully ensure no party takes the electorate for granted,and assume they'll blindly keep voting as they always have in certain seats.

This election and the shake-up of long-term Labour seats should serve as a warning,but given their lacklustre response to the drubbing of 2015 in Scotland,don't bank on them heeding the warning.
I agree..

The system isn't fair and depending on your view, your postcode etc, all of these inequalities will play out differently - either in your favour or not.

The system really benefits SNP above all parties as it takes 25k votes approx to get 1 MP where as for Labour its around twice that amount. Want to vote green and it is around 35 times the number of votes to get 1 MP in comparison to the SNP.

No system is perfect.

People complaining about the current system because they lost seems to be a common theme which I find particularly ugly. If Labour had won, I imagine there would have been tories making this call so this view isn't down to the colour of my vote - it's more about how people come across when they feel an injustice has been served on them without consideration of the wider picture.
Last edited by clarethomer on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:31 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm
I would hazard a guess they have a broader but more harmonious political spectrum than we currently have. Lots more centre ground choices for starters.
In reality we have a two-party system and that is what is preventing centre-ground parties from prospering. I'm 100% sure there are millions of voters who see a vote Tory or Labour because they think a vote for anyone else is a waste so either go reluctantly vote for one of those two or don't bother at all.

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 pm
Perhaps like most of the country they believed the far left had hijacked their party. They were right. Until you suck it up and embrace that reality then Labour will not get elected.
Crikey, talk about missing the point.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Come on lads. Let's break some bread eh.
Everything has been decided, arguing about the same old stuff isnt going to change anything
This user liked this post: Fenwick

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:36 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:31 pm
In reality we have a two-party system and that is what is preventing centre-ground parties from prospering. I'm 100% sure there are millions of voters who see a vote Tory or Labour because they think a vote for anyone else is a waste so either go reluctantly vote for one of those two or don't bother at all.
Agreed and not only that they are as far apart as they have ever been. There should be room for a centre party but it seems ingrained in our consciousness that it is one or the other.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Good grief the protests have started already :roll:

In pictures: Anti-Boris Johnson protesters in London

Do these people have nothing better to do on a Friday evening

Sozturf7
Been Liked: 89 times

Post by Sozturf7 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:39 pm

It's f in Londoners.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:39 pm

RMutt wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Crikey, talk about missing the point.
Oh i got your point..but i chose to ignore it as more far left blame game tactics. My point was relevant.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:43 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:37 pm

What's the point? Why let yourself get so angry about it?

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:45 pm

tiger76 wrote:

Go on..they are saying we didnt realise what we were voting for? They want a PeoplesVote? Seriously..it gets worrying when a perfectly normal vote ( I presume this one is legal? :lol: ) isn't democratically respected. Have a protest fine but any sort of nastiness and they should be criminalised. These people need to learn respect for their fellow countrymen and other peoples views. The hard way if neccessary.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:46 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:31 pm
UKIP came from nowhere to get 12.6% of the vote in their last referendum. You start small, but look what you can achieve in the end. Obviously UKIP, and later Brexit, didn't carry Brexit through on their own, but there's little doubt that it wouldn't have happened without them. They got enough votes, on that single issue, to make the other parties take action.

The Greens could build up that way. They need to persuade their supporters that the vote matters even if it has no chance of making a difference immediately. They have to build and build and build. The Liberals could do that in a way, but their support isn't rock solid. It's too much made up of people protesting against Labour or Tory, and not enough of people who are passionate about the Liberal ideals.

If you passionately believe something, vote for it. If enough people agree, it will build, and eventually you will be big enough for the world to take notice.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:36 pm
Agreed and not only that they are as far apart as they have ever been. There should be room for a centre party but it seems ingrained in our consciousness that it is one or the other.
I hope that the polarisation really gives somebody the impetus to force their way into the gap. Unless of course, as has been suggested, the Tories escape the influence of the ERG and move more centrist.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:43 pm
It's no more rational than if we had a protest on the streets of London complaining that the League wouldn't give us any points at White Hart Lane.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:52 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 pm
I hope that the polarisation really gives somebody the impetus to force their way into the gap. Unless of course, as has been suggested, the Tories escape the influence of the ERG and move more centrist.
Or the Labour party wiseup and ditch Momentum. I'd say that is less likely unfortunately.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:54 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:46 pm
UKIP came from nowhere to get 12.6% of the vote in their last referendum. You start small, but look what you can achieve in the end. Obviously UKIP, and later Brexit, didn't carry Brexit through on their own, but there's little doubt that it wouldn't have happened without them. They got enough votes, on that single issue, to make the other parties take action.

The Greens could build up that way. They need to persuade their supporters that the vote matters even if it has no chance of making a difference immediately. They have to build and build and build. The Liberals could do that in a way, but their support isn't rock solid. It's too much made up of people protesting against Labour or Tory, and not enough of people who are passionate about the Liberal ideals.

If you passionately believe something, vote for it. If enough people agree, it will build, and eventually you will be big enough for the world to take notice.
In an ideal world perhaps. In reality, stopping Labour/Conservative from winning will motivate more people than voting for a party with no chance of winning.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:55 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:46 pm

I watched a documentary about the history of the canals... on there a bloke raised two acts of parliament despite not being an MP.... what I don’t understand is why these smaller party activists cultivating a portfolio of activism... serving their time? They are all for apprenticeships why don’t the minor parties start from the shadows getting bills through... come an election, they’d have a proven track record?

I suppose the truth is most are fresh out of Uni and expect it all given.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:48 pm
Many do seem to have difficulty forming a government, you just have to look around Europe for examples. The continuing polarisation of parties seems to be making it harder to find consensus.

In the UK I think our history of adversarial party politics makes effective cross party cooperation the exception or the rule and if the history of the Lib Dem’s is anything to go by the junior party is crucified for making concessions
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

morpheus2
Been Liked: 750 times
Has Liked: 1827 times

Post by morpheus2 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:14 pm

I honestly don't like the result, can we try again? :(

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 pm

morpheus2 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:14 pm
I honestly don't like the result, can we try again? :(
Nice cast....

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:48 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
I'm not angry,amused maybe but certainly not angry,i'm not out attacking the police unlike these "protestors",if they want to blame anyone for Boris sitting in number 10 for the next 5 years,they should start with the Labour leadership.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:03 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
They maybe have disabled or autistic members of their family.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:04 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:48 pm
I'm not angry,amused maybe but certainly not angry,i'm not out attacking the police unlike these "protestors",if they want to blame anyone for Boris sitting in number 10 for the next 5 years,they should start with the Labour leadership.
You misunderstood; I was referring to the bloke in one of the photos.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:13 pm

The undemocratic left wing rabble have shown their true colours again with these protests. They might hate Johnson but they hate us working class sorts for daring to get of message. If Corbyn had of won he would have banned elections for 20 years or so whilst he turned us to a Marxist country. Just what are they against ? must be democracy . Surely it must be time for the silent majority to make our views known. Can you imagine if Corbyn won and there were protests by the people he despises such as Jewish folk, rich people on over £80k none Hamas IRA supporters etc the left wing government under Corbyn would have the water cannons out. Has he asked them to stop and respect the vote ?

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:16 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:04 pm
You misunderstood; I was referring to the bloke in one of the photos.
:oops: that's what i get for flicking between windows :lol:

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:16 pm

tiger76 wrote:

That bloke looks like one of the zombies in I Am Legend :shock: :o ...maybe it has begun....

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:18 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:07 pm
Martin,
that was never your stance, your even posting things around BJ not needing ERG now, and maybe we will see the real BJ now. You campaigned hard and long against the Tories, leaving and BJ in particular, never ever did I see a post where you said, it might be good if the Tories win a big majority, that way BJ wont beholding to ERG and we can certainly avoid a no deal Brexit.
You’re not reading what I said. It was Andrew Marr positing that a big Tory majority might lead to a softer Brexit, I was merely clutching at that straw in the hope that a Johnson government won’t be as bad as I think it might be.

As I’ve said in this thread and others we all get the government that has been voted in and the benefits/catastrophes that government might cause whoever we voted for. So what’s wrong with hoping that government is better than you think it will be?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:12 pm
It’s not “fact”. You said he was a communist, terrorist supporting, anti-Semite - and none of those things are true, except in the daily-Mail readers mind (because they put it there). “He dislikes this country” - what utter nonsense. He’s been a backbench MP for decades, and the lowest expenses (you’d think someone who hates the country would at least take the mick on that), so how does that equate to hate? Austerity is hate of the country, because it makes many people’s lives harder, and Corbyn was against that - so I completely disagree.

Johnson has five years now, and Corbyn will go, but whoever becomes leader of Labour next will get the same press treatment - maybe not at first, because Johnson’s position is very secure- but when it comes to an election the press will pick their party and do a demolition job on anyone threatening their wealth.
You're a lost Lamb Andrew. I'm sure you mean well and want to help the less fortunate, but your judgement on economics, is as flawed as your judgement of Corbyn.
Austerity is no more than consequence of trying to live within a budget, or more importantly, living within your means. The Tories have been reducing the massive deficit they inherited from Labour, at the last change of Government. Corbyn could have undone all that work in 12 months.
It might sound nice to promise one thing after another, to all and sundry, but if the figures don't add up, and Labours were worked out on the back of a fag packet by Dianne Abbott when you think how outrageous they were.
Paying more taxes to help others is fine.
Bleeding the rich is self defeating. Belts get tightened. Investment drops, factories close, jobs are lost. Less income, more outgoings. It doesn't help the less fortunate to make even more people poor.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:18 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 pm
You're a lost Lamb Andrew. I'm sure you mean well and want to help the less fortunate, but your judgement on economics, is as flawed as your judgement of Corbyn.
Austerity is no more than consequence of trying to live within a budget, or more importantly, living within your means. The Tories have been reducing the massive deficit they inherited from Labour, at the last change of Government. Corbyn could have undone all that work in 12 months.
It might sound nice to promise one thing after another, to all and sundry, but if the figures don't add up, and Labours were worked out on the back of a fag packet by Dianne Abbott when you think how outrageous they were.
Paying more taxes to help others is fine.
Bleeding the rich is self defeating. Belts get tightened. Investment drops, factories close, jobs are lost. Less income, more outgoings. It doesn't help the less fortunate to make even more people poor.
What about helping the Disabled, Autistic and those with Learning Difficulties?

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:20 am

You probably didn't look past "Get Brexit Done" but you voted to reduce the money spent on DIsabled and Autistic people to zero by 2023.

That must feel good.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:40 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:20 am
You probably didn't look past "Get Brexit Done" but you voted to reduce the money spent on DIsabled and Autistic people to zero by 2023.

That must feel good.
How much are you personally contributing to social care in the uk pal?

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:42 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:

That must feel good.
It might be best to get your facts right first. It is EXTRA funding. Laughable - billions is spent on supporting people with learning disabilities and/or autism.

Your post was foolish...lies.
Last edited by taio on Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
This user liked this post: KateR

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:43 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:

That must feel good.
Yes, but people who voted for any other party voted never to spend any money on the autistic people at all. Never. Not one single penny. Nowhere in the Labour manifesto does it say they will create a Learning, Disability and Autism Fund; therefore they are obviously planning to spend nothing at all. And that's who you voted for? you cruel, cruel person.

Or alternatively - this is a 3-year new measure designed as extra spending over and above what they are spending now, as an additional try-out. In fact, since it is in the tory manifesto, it is blindingly obvious that that's what it must be. Are they going to put something in the manifesto that would look so cruel and unnecessary? Of course not. What they put in the manifesto is designed to look good, not bad. A half witted baboon could work that out.

So of course you knew this was an extra fund, because it couldn't be anything different (and a simple google search finds the facts anyway). So why do you claim to think that it meant they would not spend anything on disabled and autistic people? You aren't a half-witted baboon. You knew it wasn't true. Why lie about it, when the election is over and your lies can do you no good?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:43 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:53 pm
The fact you can produce a list like that spanning forty years proves my point. The first item on your list - he met with two ex IRA members who had come out of prison, and he was at that time involved with prison reform. Your list is all spun ********, and provided by one or more of the papers who have attacked him so much. If you were asked to provide a list of good things he’s done, you wouldn’t get one from one of those papers, because they only deal with negative Corbyn stories. They exist - like the work he’s done for the north London Jewish community - but there has been zero objectivity, and some haven’t ever quoted him directly and in full context. The reason they did this was not because they hate the IRA, because they’ve never ran a campaign to oust a Tory councillor in Croydon who used to be a member, and it wasn’t a hatred of antiSemitism, because the Mail was quite happy to use that to attack Miliband Senior. The reason they hate Corbyn is because he was going to tax them a lot more.

Consider this: if you have a democracy in which the policies of a main party are constantly misrepresented to the public, and it’s leader consistently held up as a danger and his words and opinions distorted or ignored; and the other main party is instead boosted with praise, and its leader subjected to far less negative scrutiny, then we don’t have an informed public, and the democracy is weaker. That is bad for all of us.
If it was all written words Andrew, spun by biased journalists, your point might hold water, but we are talking about videos lots of them, of Corbyn doing exactly what you're denying.