Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2011 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Re: Brexit: The Naked Truth

Post by elwaclaret » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:22 pm
I hope you're right but I have my doubts. Boris is already reneging on some of the "promises" he made, e.g. minimum wage, workers rights, environmental commitments. Given his record I expect more to follow. He's got the votes he needs now.
I know what you mean. I expect this is going to be like no government we’ve seen in quite a while. There will be things I agree with, and those I don’t. This first year will see a lot done and a lot of things torn up.... bearing in mind how long it takes to filter through, these are the measures that will be fully functioning by next election.... so they need to be a good grounding for the next 5 (or however long) that will be showing but not necessarily the long term strategy.

Or tha is what I’d be looking to do

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:27 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:22 am
Would it ? How's that, then ?

To be honest, if you've fallen for the Ringo, the innocent, burning martyr crap, you're as delusional as he is although I do admire your loyalty, however misguided, to some extent.

Do you not think he's asked for everything he's got and it's only now when the depth of his problems have become all too apparent, that he's beginning to whine about being picked on ?

To be fair, though, I'll repeat that I have stressed several times I have no intention of insulting or offending the poor lad regarding his likely condition. Even so, I I knew he'd come back wailing about being a victim.

Pity him ? Possibly.

Victim! ? :lol: No victim here!

Victims are often silenced , cowed or become subdued or more reticent to speak out.

Did your mono-"joke", one trick trick pony baseless accusations of me being drunk. When you , quickly and inevitably ran out of the ability to hold a reasoned rational discussion, and you resorted to your default position of angry, groundless character assassinations, do any of that Edward!!?? :lol: :lol:

No.

In fact, if anything, it just encouraged me to step a gear!! Confident in the knowledge that you're anger would grow. Your resentment would only increase. And look where you are now! Having to resort to now using the condition of autism in a last ditch , desperate attempt to label me , yet again!!

You haven't let me down Edward! :lol:

You are unable to join in the rest of the national mood of positivity. You refuse to share in the communal relief that, finally , brexit will be done. You choose to turn your back, curmudgeon-like, on the political mood lightening for the rest of us.

You relish the opportunity to play the angry, mangled, twisted, bitter , cold hearted loner. Still lashing out, blissfully unaware how others see this grotesque, "autistic" labelling, figure you seem to want to portray.

Dont let the ghosts of election and referendum losses past , eat away at soul Eddienezer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10254 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:11 pm

Hey, he's back ! Still desperately trying to plough the barren old furrow of others - including me, for some reason - of having "lost" and only him, naturally, having "won"....the need to control, repetition - classic symptoms.

I think you're confusing the national mood with yours, Ringo. Most folks I've met socially or through work don't talk about the GE any more. Still, they are wrong so you must continue adding to your three years of tugging away on your tired, old cock/ keyboard, rattling out the same old knackers on a football forum with the huge audience that that must generate.
To be fair, though, the Queen's Speech seems reasonable with the exception of HMG already reneging on the social care promise.

Still, let's see, eh ? More than happy to give anybody a chance - I'm even trying to help a crippled, "Cratchit-case" like you. How's that for Christmas spirit ?

I love how you project your weakness onto me - another symptom, by the way - "angry, mangled, twisted, bitter , cold hearted loner" - says the bloke banging out at least five hundred posts in just under ten days on more than one account on one subject , quite the loner shutting himself away from the cruddy wife and kid but also posting some communication to me, bizarrely, even while on a night out with the wife. Difficulty in interacting with others appropriately in a social situation ? Check !

Not to mention a ban that he can't quite bring himself to discuss or even acknowledge. Frustration, anger, ill-judgement ? All these things are quite normal - if you've autism..

Meanwhile, in the real world of folks with a healthy mind and a content, well-balanced life. You know, those who don't get banned and don't threaten to hunt other posters down....

I'm sorry you're still upset at having your behaviour commented upon and likened to that of someone suffering from autism. Thinking of yourself as a victim is not the way forward, I shouldn't imagine. You shouldn't be embarrassed either, just try and forget your **** life or family or whatever resentment fuels you and your condition and take a little responsibility. You'll get used to it in time and, perhaps, have something of substance to offer the board or, indeed, the poor sods you claim to live with.

Call me what you like, cry in a minute if you wish, but if you've not visited the Mencap site, you should. It's real eye-opener and the only "grotesque" thing about my suggestion that your behaviour fits neatly into too many autistic categories for comfort is its accuracy, I'm afraid.

Of course, you'll find it upsetting and, looking back at the repetitive tone and content of your contributions over the last ten days, you'll realise how damaged you seem to be.

I do apologise for assuming your more hysterical and idiotic posts were due to drink, their basis is now a little more clear, perhaps. I suppose it's the same when paramedics are faced with someone appearing to be drunk. They may not be, it could be a stroke or an underlying condition such as yours and the paramedics have to be aware of that. I shall try to be in future.

In my defence, it is hard to tell via a message-board whether you're pi$$ed or ill and Im still not convinced you don't overdo it on a Friday. Maybe it's both.

Thankfully, others did pick up on it too so either way, we're not far wrong.

So, stay strong, give the website a shot, and try and manage your problems. It's the easy way out to have a go at others, whinge AND WHINE about the nasty people picking on you - interesting that they've not been banned or have threatened anybody, isn't it - or bask in made-up glories but it is not the answer to your difficulties. I guess your GP is the first step.

Drink responsibly, especially if you're on medication.

God bless us, everyone ! :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:37 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:11 pm
Hey, he's back ! Still desperately trying to plough the barren old furrow of others - including me, for some reason - of having "lost" and only him, naturally, having "won"....the need to control, repetition - classic symptoms.

I think you're confusing the national mood with yours, Ringo. Most folks I've met socially or through work don't talk about the GE any more. Still, they are wrong so you must continue adding to your three years of tugging away on your tired, old cock/ keyboard, rattling out the same old knackers on a football forum with the huge audience that that must generate.
To be fair, though, the Queen's Speech seems reasonable with the exception of HMG already reneging on the social care promise.

Still, let's see, eh ? More than happy to give anybody a chance - I'm even trying to help a crippled, "Cratchit-case" like you. How's that for Christmas spirit ?

I love how you project your weakness onto me - another symptom, by the way - "angry, mangled, twisted, bitter , cold hearted loner" - says the bloke banging out at least five hundred posts in just under ten days on more than one account on one subject , quite the loner shutting himself away from the cruddy wife and kid but also posting some communication to me, bizarrely, even while on a night out with the wife. Difficulty in interacting with others appropriately in a social situation ? Check !

Not to mention a ban that he can't quite bring himself to discuss or even acknowledge. Frustration, anger, ill-judgement ? All these things are quite normal - if you've autism..

Meanwhile, in the real world of folks with a healthy mind and a content, well-balanced life. You know, those who don't get banned and don't threaten to hunt other posters down....

I'm sorry you're still upset at having your behaviour commented upon and likened to that of someone suffering from autism. Thinking of yourself as a victim is not the way forward, I shouldn't imagine. You shouldn't be embarrassed either, just try and forget your **** life or family or whatever resentment fuels you and your condition and take a little responsibility. You'll get used to it in time and, perhaps, have something of substance to offer the board or, indeed, the poor sods you claim to live with.

Call me what you like, cry in a minute if you wish, but if you've not visited the Mencap site, you should. It's real eye-opener and the only "grotesque" thing about my suggestion that your behaviour fits neatly into too many autistic categories for comfort is its accuracy, I'm afraid.

Of course, you'll find it upsetting and, looking back at the repetitive tone and content of your contributions over the last ten days, you'll realise how damaged you seem to be.

I do apologise for assuming your more hysterical and idiotic posts were due to drink, their basis is now a little more clear, perhaps. I suppose it's the same when paramedics are faced with someone appearing to be drunk. They may not be, it could be a stroke or an underlying condition such as yours and the paramedics have to be aware of that. I shall try to be in future.

In my defence, it is hard to tell via a message-board whether you're pi$$ed or ill and Im still not convinced you don't overdo it on a Friday. Maybe it's both.

Thankfully, others did pick up on it too so either way, we're not far wrong.

So, stay strong, give the website a shot, and try and manage your problems. It's the easy way out to have a go at others, whinge AND WHINE about the nasty people picking on you - interesting that they've not been banned or have threatened anybody, isn't it - or bask in made-up glories but it is not the answer to your difficulties. I guess your GP is the first step.

Drink responsibly, especially if you're on medication.

God bless us, everyone ! :lol:

Bah humbug!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Eddienezer!

Listen !

Ayes to the right 358

Noes to the left 234.

RingoMcCartney- the winner!

:lol: :lol:

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:51 pm

To all remainers; you are now obsolete, we are leaving. I said at the time that BJ would sort it, and he’s well on the way to doing just that. Happy days.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:10 pm

If someone triggered me to the point that I thought it was a good idea to write a massive post, using various disabilities as insults, I'd probably just block them.
Or log off or something
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1649 times
Has Liked: 402 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:32 pm

I am still shaking from head in disbelief at the naivety of the Lib Dems in forcing an election that in essence makes it a Brexit of Johnson’s choosing, with (rightly, in my view) none of the previously negotiated (in Westminster) concessions.

The polls were clear - a majority want to leave, even though some of those do it on democratic grounds but would otherwise have chosen to remain. Boris was always going to win a majority (in hindsight, I was nervous at the time given the stakes).

That’s the trouble with having such a narrow ideology as the Lib Dems do - they struggle to hear outside their echo chamber. Rank naivety.

So now our futures depend on Johnson. I’m happy with that but I’m sympathetic to those who are not.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Thier problem is, is that the remainers were absolutely convinced that another referendum would be decisively won by them, so they were more than happy to go to the country. It so happens they were completely wrong and are now an irrelevance to the proceedings. That’s what happens when you go all in with a cr4p hand.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:10 pm
If someone triggered me to the point that I thought it was a good idea to write a massive post, using various disabilities as insults, I'd probably just block them.
Or log off or something

"Triggered" as in being astounded at how someone can belt out 500 posts on er, politics within ten days, claim to be the only person in the country to have predicted a Tory win and offer ideas that were being bandied about as far back as February as his own? Who wouldn't be ?

The poor ******* really believes this stuff and you're not doing him much of a service by humouring him. It's all delusion, all lies, all symptoms but fools like you accept them and claim that's normal.

So, aye, you probably would do the things you've listed above , not being capable of any independent thought whatsoever and being such an avid supporter of Ringo, you'll accept anything he posts and blind to his obvious difficulties. So what ?

Pointing out his odd, repetitive behaviour - and he duly obliges by proving my point yet again - and how it ticks all the boxes of autism is a fact. Look it up. It's neither an insult nor a mockery of his or anybody else's "disability"(autism is one, not sure which others you spotted) as you put it, but reality.

Harsh, I know, but you'd hope he'd have enough pride in himself to try and change, if not for himself, then for the poor ***** he reckons to call family.

Again, your poodle-like loyalty is admirable but it's not really the kind of support he needs.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:13 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:46 pm
Eddienezer!

Listen !

Ayes to the right 358

Noes to the left 234.

RingoMcCartney- the winner!

:lol: :lol:

Good lad. I couldn't have conjured up a better example !

I rest my case, m'lud.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:10 pm
Or log off or something
You, are normal........

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:05 pm

I am.
And you, are not......

What was it you got banned for ? :oops:

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:53 pm

Small man syndrome
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Damo

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:06 am

Let’s see how happy everyone is in four years. Let Johnson work his magic of plain deceit and madcap ideas on the country.

Bendy busses, new route masters, the garden bridge, the airtport on an island in the Thames and now a bridge to Northern Ireland.

Anyone who is happy with a leader who lies, is a fool.

A massive case of “ I’m all right Jack “ . Well, that might change.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2898 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:48 am

BennyD wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:53 pm
Thier problem is, is that the remainers were absolutely convinced that another referendum would be decisively won by them, so they were more than happy to go to the country. It so happens they were completely wrong and are now an irrelevance to the proceedings. That’s what happens when you go all in with a cr4p hand.
Retainers would win a referendum, this was a general election.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:52 am

Why are Tory Brexit voters getting themselves EU citizenship??

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:17 am

Heathclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:06 am
Let’s see how happy everyone is in four years. Let Johnson work his magic of plain deceit and madcap ideas on the country.

Bendy busses, new route masters, the garden bridge, the airtport on an island in the Thames and now a bridge to Northern Ireland.

I'm one of the "I'm all right, Jack" brigade and will probably benefit even more from this government but I'm still not happy with the thought that awful areas like Burnley and my home town Nelson could be ignored now they have served their purpose. The crowing, gloating idiots on here probably deserve that fate but there are thousands of others I'd hate to suffer.
As you say, time will tell. You never know. There'll be no actual governing for the next year or so, Brexit will see to that - a few soundbites, a few vague promises possibly and Brexit will be the excuse if it goes pear-shaped and austerity continues. If it all goes surprisingly well, happy days.
Fingers crossed that we all benefit.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:22 am

"...awful areas like Burnley "

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:35 am

You like Burnley ? :o

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:43 am

randomclaret2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:22 am
"...awful areas like Burnley "
Burnley's a shithole. Fair play to you if you live there and like it but its still dogshit
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2107 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:49 am

Burnley has its problems and areas of deprivation just like any other town/city. I wouldn't say its particularly bad.

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Heathclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:06 am

To be fair to Johnson he did succeed in getting rid of the crappy bendy buses. Just a shame that he cocked up the replacement.

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 pm

aggi wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:47 pm
To be fair to Johnson he did succeed in getting rid of the crappy bendy buses. Just a shame that he cocked up the replacement.
He introduced them, than got rid of them, replacing them with the new route master at huge cost. The garden bridge fiasco, millions wasted.

Bought the riot control vehicle, never used it, then we had to pay for it to get scrapped.

I know Johnson speaks the right kind of language for the electorate, that’s how he got elected, even I would rather have a pint with Johnson than Corbyn, but if I was going lend one of them money, it wouldn’t be the current prime minister.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Heathclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 pm
He introduced them, than got rid of them, replacing them with the new route master at huge cost. The garden bridge fiasco, millions wasted.

Bought the riot control vehicle, never used it, then we had to pay for it to get scrapped.

I know Johnson speaks the right kind of language for the electorate, that’s how he got elected, even I would rather have a pint with Johnson than Corbyn, but if I was going lend one of them money, it wouldn’t be the current prime minister.
Having to choose between having a pint with Johnson or Corbyn would be enough to make me give up booze.

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Heathclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 pm

They were introduced way before Johnson. They came in during Livingstone's terms. We somehow flogged a large number of them to Malta where they regularly get stuck.

Personally I'd opt for the pint with Corbyn. He seems a nice enough bloke, just way out of his depth. I reckon Johnson would be one of those who starts a fight and then legs it.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Some very nice parts of Burnley and some not nice parts. Pretty much like most places in this country.

How anyone can call it a **** hole when we have areas like Townley park, Cliviger, Fence etc I am not sure.
I have always worked in Manchester or further afield and never once wanted to move to soulless places like Wilmlow, Alderley Edge, etc where a lot of the Manchester commuters live - these places not might be “**** holes” but they are full of **** heads who I would rather not spend a minute of my life with - let alone live next to.
Same with a lot of places down south where commuters have ended up - would rather live in a place like Burnley close to family and friends every day of the week.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum Dannyh1882

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Fair play to you if you have close family ties that keep you there. I don't suppose you've much choice but Burnley and I mean Burnley is, indeed, a shithole and you notice, travelling back every couple of weeks, how bad it all is.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Meaningless statement
Where I live is not a shithole - and I live in Burnley.
Where my dad lives is not a shithole - again it’s in Burnley.
Where my friends and family live is not either.
Where I play golf is not.
Where I go walking and running is not.

I can afford to live in many places outside of Burnley - I don’t choose to live here just because of family and friends.
If we want to talk real shitholes - then most of London definitely is....seven sisters road is hardly the hanging gardens of Babylon is it ?!!
This user liked this post: Damo

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:48 am
Retainers would win a referendum, this was a general election.
Hahahahahahahah! Labour says they only lost because it was a Brexit election. Traditional Labour seats fell to the Tories because of Brexit, Swinson, who was anti-Brexit lost her seat because of it and The Tories won a landslide because of Brexit and you think the remainers would win a second referendum? The election was the second referendum you halfwit but, because you are, most probably, a remainer, you still refuse to admit it. No matter, you’ll just have to live with it.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:49 pm

I’ve been to the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon, it most definitely is a shithole

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:01 am

BennyD wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:11 pm
Hahahahahahahah! Labour says they only lost because it was a Brexit election. Traditional Labour seats fell to the Tories because of Brexit, Swinson, who was anti-Brexit lost her seat because of it and The Tories won a landslide because of Brexit and you think the remainers would win a second referendum? The election was the second referendum you halfwit but, because you are, most probably, a remainer, you still refuse to admit it. No matter, you’ll just have to live with it.
I know it’s completely irrelevant now, but look at the percentage of voters who voted for parties supporting Leave. It’s quite a bit less than 50%.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6886 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:31 am

:ugeek: Let's start talking up the benefits of Brexit, for starters ending unfettered free movement means the police can free up time by having to put less resources into East European crime gangs, deportation back to countries will be easier as we wont have to slavishly adhere to European court rulings.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:48 am

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:31 am
:ugeek: Let's start talking up the benefits of Brexit, for starters ending unfettered free movement means the police can free up time by having to put less resources into East European crime gangs, deportation back to countries will be easier as we wont have to slavishly adhere to European court rulings.
Wow that's amazing, tell me more
This user liked this post: TVC15

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:00 am

Looking forward to the end of crime....it will be super.
Our bobbies on the beat can get back to those pre mass immigration times of spending their days helping little old ladies cross the road and getting cats out of trees. It’s gonna be wonderful.....woooooo

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1331 times

Post by summitclaret » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:11 am

martin_p wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:01 am
I know it’s completely irrelevant now, but look at the percentage of voters who voted for parties supporting Leave. It’s quite a bit less than 50%.
You are wrong. What % of labour votes are you counting as remain? Labour was neutral so all 10m plus votes can't be included. Now if you had said the % supporting parties wanting another referendum you would have been closer. However, the LD wanted to revoke.

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:21 am

Fact is the Tories got less than 44% of the votes cast. All of those crowing on here need to remember that. 56% of the UK did not want a Tory government.

As far as I'm concerned that means that they do not have the mandate they claim to have. They may have the majority of seats but that's only because the electoral system is broken. They do not have a mandate. In respect of votes received they are a minority government.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:49 am

But they do have an 80 seat majority in the HOC and that's where it matters. As far as you are concerned means zilch, you are irrelevant and have been ever since you voted for the 'wrong' party. Stop whining and embrace the future.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:01 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:11 am
You are wrong. What % of labour votes are you counting as remain? Labour was neutral so all 10m plus votes can't be included. Now if you had said the % supporting parties wanting another referendum you would have been closer. However, the LD wanted to revoke.
Where in my post did I even mention remain or another referendum? My post is 100% correct.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:04 pm

BennyD wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:49 am
But they do have an 80 seat majority in the HOC and that's where it matters. As far as you are concerned means zilch, you are irrelevant and have been ever since you voted for the 'wrong' party. Stop whining and embrace the future.
And because you voted for the Tory Party that makes you relevant in what way exactly ?

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:23 pm

martin_p wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:01 am
You're right, it is irrelevant, 17% of Tory supporters were remainers and about a 1/3 of SNP supporters are brexiteers.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:33 pm

bfcjg wrote:
I would imagine that the opposite of what you wrote there will be the case. Currently we don't really "police" legal migration, but policing a controlled migration policy could put a massive strain on already overstretched police resources.
Unless we actually have restrictions, documents, visas, etc etc. (and solid borders to check and monitor every holiday maker /visitor that enters and leaves ), - which is highly unlikely -, then the number of people of people who enter the country and then stay illegally is almost bound to increase, along with trafficking.
Not only do we risk losing a lot of the talent (that we need for the NHS etc), but we might be spending a lot of money in doing so.
And of course, you haven't tried to explain how this will address the main "problem" (as perceived by some), - immigration from outside the EU, which is higher.

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:39 pm

BennyD wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:49 am
Just because I didn't vote Tory I'm irrelevant? That's a remarkably arrogant attitude you have there Benny. Just what I'd expect from a Tory.

That's why I despair for the future.

Merry Christmas.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:56 pm

claretandy wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:23 pm
You're right, it is irrelevant, 17% of Tory supporters were remainers and about a 1/3 of SNP supporters are brexiteers.
Which makes the claims that the general election was effectively a second referendum meaningless. Thanks for helping proving my point.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:52 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Will we be leaving or staying in the E.U. group on policing and security?

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2898 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:32 pm

BennyD wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:11 pm
Don't be an idiot, I voted remain and I voted Tory. It was an election not a single issue referendum, what you are effectively arguing is that all those former Labour voters who voted Tory are so stupid that they cannot consider more than one issue or perhaps you were just thinking about yourself?

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6886 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:48 am
Wow that's amazing, tell me more
In your naive world there are no East European criminals they are all here picking fruit and working in factories and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:25 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:15 pm
In your naive world there are no East European criminals they are all here picking fruit and working in factories and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:38 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:04 pm
And because you voted for the Tory Party that makes you relevant in what way exactly ?
Because I voted Tory in order to get Brexit done. Also, I voted Tory in a traditional Labour constituency and the seat fell to the Tory onslaught, of which I was a part. How about you; did you vote for Labour in Burnley? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:39 pm
Just because I didn't vote Tory I'm irrelevant? That's a remarkably arrogant attitude you have there Benny. Just what I'd expect from a Tory.

That's why I despair for the future.

Merry Christmas.
It's politics, not personal. Unless you beg to differ?