I Have To Say..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: I Have To Say..

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:48 pm

SGr wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:17 pm
Not speaking for myself here, but I do feel like the allure of us being in the Premier League is rapidly fading for many. Partly because of the style of play maybe, but mostly because of our complete lack of competitiveness in games against the “big 6”
Iv become so disinterested with my team, the occasional 1-0 wins we scrape just aren’t satisfying me enough yet I still watch every week, it’s become a chore.

I have no pride in this side, watching us time waste every week before half time and losing yearly to lower league sides in the cup while looking totally hopeless, I still have nightmares from the cup tie at home to Lincoln (non league side) when we barely created a chance on goal.

I know we are in the Premier League but we don’t feel like a PL side, to me a Pl side should dismantle League one sides consistently and it shows how bad our football really is when we struggle to create chances against lower league sides,Tony Pulis worked us out a long time ago, give us all the possession and watch us hopelessly collapse.

I remember Coyles Burnley going at sides, the Arsenal home game in the Premier League was probably the finest Burnley performance I have ever seen and we didn’t even win the game. Exciting pride adrenaline rush watching attacking football, of course you win some and lose some but I want the highs to outweigh the lows, right now the highs(wins) feels like a low with the mind numbing football.
This user liked this post: Greeny

willsclarets
Been Liked: 680 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:03 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:45 pm
Our players are capable of passing the ball to each other. They wouldn't have made it so far in their careers if they were not.

They are being coached to play one way - hoof it as far as you can into a channel and hope someone will run on to it. Our players are being badly let down by very poor coaching.
It's not poor, it's just extremely practical. The most telling thing, is that we genuinely look more comfortable without the ball than we do with it. Which is bizarre. We're hard to beat because the players are coached extremely well. But the emphasis on controlling your destiny mainly out of possession, is really telling when you see how panicked we are with the football.

It's tough in the premier league, or at the highest level in any league to be great in and out of possession. Dyche knows that results wise, we have to be tough to beat. With the players he has, he obviously feels that working hard without the ball will put more points on the board come the end of the season.

But these players can do more than that; the lack of movement between the lines, composure on the ball, quality of the first touch, speed of thought, confidence to try things in the right areas etc is poor. It can't be true, but it genuinely looks like they don't have the footballs out much in training!
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

Dixie Normous
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Dixie Normous » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:13 pm

I’m hopeful we can find some midfield gems . A bit more breaking forward instead of lumping it . A bit more wide play. We are not so far off . I think it helps being a claret who has seen the old days of the lower leagues . What we have is now is beyond our dreams
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:31 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:21 pm
We played some super stuff in the Championship.

However, we do, on occasion, play some super stuff in the prem.
Carry on Clarets.
We did. But we had Ings, Trippier, Barton, Marney etc. Better players than we have now.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:02 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:27 pm
1. It’s not just Brady and it’s not just 1 game.

2. We played awful football in the Championship when we had arguably the strongest side on paper in the league and one of the highest wage bills.

This isn’t just a “we can’t compete financially so let’s try scrape results” thing, it’s quite clearly Dyches way of playing, love it or hate it, let’s call a spade, a spade.

The excuses others make of needing billions to play decent football makes no sense, Sheffield United, Us under Coyle. People say “well we don’t have the players to play attractive football” let me remind you, Dyche signed these players.
Any team that gets 90 points twice in the championship and as many goals as we did in both years cannot be as bad as you seem to be making out. I completely disagree with you about how we played in the championship. And of course we are going to have one of the higher wage bills as we had just gone down - but I am pretty sure that we did not have the highest wage bill which means we still over achieved.
As for Coyle - yep we played “some” good football - just like we have done under Dyche. Big difference is that Coyle did not have a clue how to set up a defence - we were absolutely awful away from home and he was clueless what to do to change it.
Dyche is not immune to criticism by any means despite all those stupid comments people put on here about not being able to criticise him and fans thinking he can do no wrong (I don’t know anybody who actually thinks that).
But let’s not forget how stupid you sound criticising him to the extent you do...and even when we won the championship - that he has brought more success to Burnley than any manager in 50 years - by a long long way. So who is more wrong ? Those who rarely have a bad word for him ? Or those who like you who rarely have a good word for him ?

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:07 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:14 pm
... that after not getting an ST this season, I’m not really tempted to change that this summer. That was an awful show of Football, today. Win, lose, or draw, we’re generally awful to behold.
You have changed your tune - I have been banging on about how poor we are for over 12 months but you defend dyche to the hilt

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:08 pm

claret wizard wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:42 pm
Plenty of seats at Ewood for floaters like you.
The thing is, I’m not a R*vers Fan. I’m a Burnley Fan. One that is getting truly bored with our style of play, frustrated at our lack of proper investment in the First 11, and worried that our standing still in Team Development is actually moving the playing side of our Club backwards.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:09 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:07 pm
You have changed your tune - I have been banging on about how poor we are for over 12 months but you defend dyche to the hilt
You complain incessantly and indiscriminately. You are essentially messageboard white noise.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:09 pm
You complain incessantly and indiscriminately. You are essentially messageboard white noise.
Ha you are a strange one - it's look at me I created a post - we have been playing **** football for 18 months with an ever ageing team

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 pm

There’s some static on the thread.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:25 pm

as crap as we play sometimes, if I was still in Blighty I would still be there home and away like I was in the lower leagues. People often mistake me complaining about our style of play etc with a lack of support - that couldn't be further from the truth, I'm just not a happy clapper in life (Politics, football,whatever). I'd like us to play more entertaining football for sure and Sheff Utd have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can and still get results with lower league players.

Said it a thousand times, when we get the ball down we play good stuff and always create chances, I can only assume the reason we don't play more football is under instruction from Dyche - it's that I find incredibly difficult to accept because we've proved we can play

Greeny
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Greeny » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:30 pm

Nobody of sound mind can defend what we have become as a football team. Sean’s approach has squeezed the creative life out of everyone. Good teams can keep things tight + utilise their full backs to get down the wing + look to deliver crosses to give the frontman something to work on. Since Trippier left, Rule No.1 (and unfortunately the only rule) is to defend. Taylor came with glowing reports from my Leeds supporting mates re his attacking prowess. Sean has fixed it + we see little of that. Bardsley rarely ventures up the field. I fully appreciate Sean’s brief is to keep us up but for crying out loud there has to be some football played as part of that process not just lump it up front. We are a terrible watch and I have been a supporter for 50 years.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:45 pm

We dont have a good enough midfield in terms of strength and creativity. SD was unlucky with Defour - a genuine talent, far better than any current midfielder we currently have. Some creativity there and out forwards will score.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:50 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:02 pm
Any team that gets 90 points twice in the championship and as many goals as we did in both years cannot be as bad as you seem to be making out. I completely disagree with you about how we played in the championship. And of course we are going to have one of the higher wage bills as we had just gone down - but I am pretty sure that we did not have the highest wage bill which means we still over achieved.
As for Coyle - yep we played “some” good football - just like we have done under Dyche. Big difference is that Coyle did not have a clue how to set up a defence - we were absolutely awful away from home and he was clueless what to do to change it.
Dyche is not immune to criticism by any means despite all those stupid comments people put on here about not being able to criticise him and fans thinking he can do no wrong (I don’t know anybody who actually thinks that).
But let’s not forget how stupid you sound criticising him to the extent you do...and even when we won the championship - that he has brought more success to Burnley than any manager in 50 years - by a long long way. So who is more wrong ? Those who rarely have a bad word for him ? Or those who like you who rarely have a good word for him ?
It’s not about being right or wrong, I’m just giving my thoughts, just a discussion and certainly nothing personal.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:56 pm

How long have we needed a midfielder for ? For how long did we know that Defour had fitness issues ? How much has been spent on Vydra, Drinkwater and Gibson that could have bought s midfielder ?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:58 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:50 pm
It’s not about being right or wrong, I’m just giving my thoughts, just a discussion and certainly nothing personal.
Opinions are fine but they do need backing up by facts and a bit of perspective. To say we did not play good football in the championship under Dyche given what we achieved in points, goals etc and how tough that league is - in my view just makes no sense.
I agree it’s nothing personal but it’s not always a defence to say it’s just a different opinion.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Be Careful What You Wish For. UTC!

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:08 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:58 pm
Opinions are fine but they do need backing up by facts and a bit of perspective. To say we did not play good football in the championship under Dyche given what we achieved in points, goals etc and how tough that league is - in my view just makes no sense.
I agree it’s nothing personal but it’s not always a defence to say it’s just a different opinion.
Imo we were 2nd best in alot of games in the title winning campaign. I remember Bolton away we got destroyed then Andre scores 2/2, there was the odd moment of good football, I thought we were excellent for 45 minutes away at Brentford but over the whole season we definitely weren’t an exciting classy side, hard working with wide players in the side for running over craft and a ruthless streak in front of goal.
These 2 users liked this post: cockneyclaret Burnley1989

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:24 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:08 pm
Imo we were 2nd best in alot of games in the title winning campaign. I remember Bolton away we got destroyed then Andre scores 2/2, there was the odd moment of good football, I thought we were excellent for 45 minutes away at Brentford but over the whole season we definitely weren’t an exciting classy side, hard working with wide players in the side for running over craft and a ruthless streak in front of goal.
You remember it that way because that suits how you want to remember it. You can’t even get the score correct for the Bolton game...let alone your ridiculous description of getting “destroyed” - all this proves is that you are actually making stuff up to try and justify your opinion. Bolton had 2 shots on target that day - Burnley had 4. We won the game - is that getting “destroyed” ?
You do not go 23 games unbeaten and get as many points as we did by playing the “odd” bit of good football.

What I found really weird is that a season that nearly all burnley fans remember with great memories and one of the best unbeaten runs in our history that a so called fan of the club chooses to criticise and remember that season very differently to anybody else.

Edit - somebody has actually “liked” your comment - unfuckingbelievable !

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:06 pm

I don't mind us losing or wining as long as we try to compete.

Zero shots on target (only 1 in 3 games !!!)
Only 6 shots all game
Only 141 passes
Only 36% of passes in the opposition 1/3 of pitch
Only 5 crosses into the box
Only 2 dribbles all game

I love my club, but the claret tinted glasses are coming off and it's definitely not entertaining. I think it boils down to what football means to you, and if it's about being in the elite and top table but playing the way we do doesn't matter, then I get that, but for me it's about being entertained and being proud of what we are trying to do. Neither are wrong, but I know the team we have now can't offer my version so I guess they continue as they are.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:20 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:24 pm
You remember it that way because that suits how you want to remember it. You can’t even get the score correct for the Bolton game...let alone your ridiculous description of getting “destroyed” - all this proves is that you are actually making stuff up to try and justify your opinion. Bolton had 2 shots on target that day - Burnley had 4. We won the game - is that getting “destroyed” ?
You do not go 23 games unbeaten and get as many points as we did by playing the “odd” bit of good football.

What I found really weird is that a season that nearly all burnley fans remember with great memories and one of the best unbeaten runs in our history that a so called fan of the club chooses to criticise and remember that season very differently to anybody else.

Edit - somebody has actually “liked” your comment - unfuckingbelievable !
Didn’t we win the Bolton game 2-1? (If so I’m not sure how I got it wrong?) I’m talking about the away game btw when Ulvestad gave that lovely ball for the 2nd.

I think you’re missing what I’m saying, we won the league, I’m not being negative about the achievement. As a team we had a lot of qualities, winning mentality, clinical, organised and hard working. My entire point was based on our style of play not points on the board or number of wins.

We absolutely weren’t a pretty footballing side that season, ugly and effective absolutely. I could give numerous examples of scraping points through fight, desire and perseverance. I don’t know why you get so defensive, you thought we were a free flowing attacking side, I don’t think that, I’m not personally insulting you or your opinion, just disagreeing.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:24 pm

You said Andre scores 2/2 - if that was a posting error apologies if you meant something else but to say we got destroyed is literally making stuff up to try and justify a view.
I’m not getting defensive - or taking it personally. I’m just pointing out that you are making stuff up.
You mentioned one game where you thought we got destroyed and that is simply not true.
We played well in plenty of games that season - you have provided zero evidence to back up your opinion
Last edited by TVC15 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:27 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:20 pm
Didn’t we win the Bolton game 2-1? (If so I’m not sure how I got it wrong?) I’m talking about the away game btw when Ulvestad gave that lovely ball for the 2nd.

I think you’re missing what I’m saying, we won the league, I’m not being negative about the achievement. As a team we had a lot of qualities, winning mentality, clinical, organised and hard working. My entire point was based on our style of play not points on the board or number of wins.

We absolutely weren’t a pretty footballing side that season, ugly and effective absolutely. I could give numerous examples of scraping points through fight, desire and perseverance. I don’t know why you get so defensive, you thought we were a free flowing attacking side, I don’t think that, I’m not personally insulting you or your opinion, just disagreeing.
I would say we were enjoyable to watch in a gritty, ruthless and hardworking way. But not in skill and pace. We showed glimpses of that. And Brentford and MK Don's were two great examples. But in spite of the 23 undefeated and inspite of the achievement I actually remember more about other, much older seasons than that one.
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:27 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:24 pm
You said Andre scores 2/2 - if that was a posting error apologies if you meant something else but to say we got destroyed is literally making stuff up to try and justify a view.
I’m not getting defensive - or taking it personally. I’m just pointing out that you are making stuff up.
You mentioned one game where you thought we got destroyed and that is simply not true.
We played well in plenty of games that season - you have provided zero evidence to back up your opinion
I interpreted that as gray scoring two chances from two.
This user liked this post: KRBFC

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Brentford away we were a class above the entire division (by a ******* mile), we are always capable but for the most part we don't show it

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 694 times
Has Liked: 600 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:30 pm

claret wizard wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:42 pm
Plenty of seats at Ewood for floaters like you.
That's not very nice calling him a turd :o

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:32 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:27 pm
I interpreted that as gray scoring two chances from two.
Apologised for that already if he meant something else. If he can remember that Gray scored 2 goals from 2 chances in the game then that’s a great memory - it’s a pity his memory isn’t as good in thinking we got “destroyed” when we had twice as many shots on target as Bolton in the game and more attempts.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:32 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Did the double over Blackburn too and got battered in both games

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:34 pm

KRBFC wrote:
we played some great stuff, scored a boat load of goals and went 23 undefeated in pretty much the toughest league in the world. As much as I moan I thought we were epic that season. You mention Brentford...........that first half was the best I'd seen from any Burnley team in 30 years, Arfields goal was an utter delight

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:39 pm

I think most of us thought if we stay up for a few years we'll try and gradually improve our style of play. If anything we're going backwards, the stuff we're playing at present is as bad as anything we've dished up in Dyche's tenure.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:41 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:34 pm
we played some great stuff, scored a boat load of goals and went 23 undefeated in pretty much the toughest league in the world. As much as I moan I thought we were epic that season. You mention Brentford...........that first half was the best I'd seen from any Burnley team in 30 years, Arfields goal was an utter delight
Most of that season was about scrapping results out. That Brentford game was one of the only times I walked off feeling like we'd actually played well.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:45 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:41 pm
Most of that season was about scrapping results out. That Brentford game was one of the only times I walked off feeling like we'd actually played well.
we didn't play well, we blew them away - I'm struggling to remember a performance in the last 30 years where we were that good. We beat teams like Northampton and Barnet 5-0 but it wasn't that level of performance, we were utter class. I'm one of Dyche's biggest critics when it comes to style of play (because we are way better than what we show for the most part) but we were utterly outstanding that game.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:56 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:39 pm
I think most of us thought if we stay up for a few years we'll try and gradually improve our style of play. If anything we're going backwards, the stuff we're playing at present is as bad as anything we've dished up in Dyche's tenure.
Have to agree totally. Our football is getting worse year on year and less entertaining. Yes we stay up, and should do again but I want to see something other than long punts to our strikers or "channel balls". I'm really p****d off today as I've given up my boxing day to watch that dire performance, then read the post match comments where I interpret we've gone to try and get a 0-0 result. I really don't know what's happened to our passing, today was as bad as I've seen

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:01 am

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:32 pm
Apologised for that already if he meant something else. If he can remember that Gray scored 2 goals from 2 chances in the game then that’s a great memory - it’s a pity his memory isn’t as good in thinking we got “destroyed” when we had twice as many shots on target as Bolton in the game and more attempts.
Yes Gray scored 2/2 chances, clinical. We were 1-0 down with 15 to play, Feeney was excellent. You’re right we had 1 more attempt than Bolton, 40% of the ball and 7 less corners. I wasn’t talking about stats, more the actual game itself. The manager comments afterwards kinda backs up my thought we were 2nd best that day.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:03 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:41 pm

Three days earlier at MK Dons??

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:09 am

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:24 pm
Preston away Joeys deflected free kick.

Bristol City away 2 set pieces

Brentford home 1-0 set piece goal

Birmingham home late Taylor equaliser free kick

Cardiff away 2 goals in last 5 minutes to draw 2-2

Brighton away we were destroyed and nicked a set piece equaliser in the last minute

Middlesbrough home another set piece late equaliser

Cardiff and wolves at home 2 draws real scraps

We were so effective and ruthless, never gave up and actually quite exciting to watch going forward, played some nice stuff at times but that season was an absolute slog and fight, not the prettiest football at all.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:11 am

Targetman wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:03 am
Three days earlier at MK Dons??
Charlton and Bristol City too, there was absolutely brilliant football played on the rare occasion that season you can’t deny that but as a whole we weren’t a pretty creative footballing side.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:21 am

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:01 am
Yes Gray scored 2/2 chances, clinical. We were 1-0 down with 15 to play, Feeney was excellent. You’re right we had 1 more attempt than Bolton, 40% of the ball and 7 less corners. I wasn’t talking about stats, more the actual game itself. The manager comments afterwards kinda backs up my thought we were 2nd best that day.
You are wrong.
He did not only have 2 shots - he had at least 4 in the game.
The Bolton goal was from a Dave Jones mistake in a game we weren’t brilliant but in no trouble. As soon as they scored we stepped up a gear and won the game.
Dyche’s comments did not “kinda” back up your description that we got destroyed. As I said you completely made that up and it’s just a lot easier to admit that you did....
As for possession stats that’s grasping at straws - 42% for us is probably the norm over Dyche’s tenure. Leicester won the title with less average possession than their opposition.

Edit

Just seen your last post - again you use the word destroyed against Brighton. The stats were very similar for both teams that day - we had more possession than them funnily enough !!
Preston you mention above - we had better stats than them and we hit woodwork twice. We played very well at Preston.
It’s probably a similar story for most of the other games you mention above - and then of course there is all the games you don’t mention !
It’s beyond ridiculous to say we did not play well in a season we accumulated 90 plus points

Row Z
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:44 am

burnleymik wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:45 pm
Mcneil even going backwards with every pass today.
All too often he is the only creative influence and has zero options or support.

The style of football is draining the life out of our supporters. Yes we must be resolute and hard to break down, but we need to greatly improve our use of the ball when we do have it.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:13 am

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:21 am

It’s beyond ridiculous to say we did not play well in a season we accumulated 90 plus points
Two posts up I said “there was absolutely brilliant football played that season on a rare occasion”.

5 posts up I said “we were so effective and ruthless, never gave up and actually quite exciting to watch going forward at times”

Do you just chose to quote me and argue for argument sake? If you actually read before quoting me you will actually see I mentioned admirable traits about that side.

CBT
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by CBT » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:24 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:45 pm
Our players are capable of passing the ball to each other. They wouldn't have made it so far in their careers if they were not.

They are being coached to play one way - hoof it as far as you can into a channel and hope someone will run on to it. Our players are being badly let down by very poor coaching.
Decent championship level players playing at the elite level
Coached very well I think
What would you coach differently?

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:57 am

It’s all about priorities, Dyche’s task each year is to stay up. A noticeable call on Radio Lancashire today was comparing the game to the away game at Everton under Coyle when they said that at 0-0 late in the game he made an attacking substitution to try to win they game for us to only concede shortly afterwards and that Dyche won’t go down that route and he will try to shore up the 0-0.

There are rumblings of discontent and guy next to me who has had a ST is not renewing due to style of play etc

We were spoilt to have a player like Defour but let’s face it without his injury prone record he wouldn’t have signed for us but I do think like many the next windows will be a big sign if intent of how we want to develop as a team going forward.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:57 am

I never got the love affair with Dean Marney
Hindsight might be 20 20 but I dont remember this all action playmaker who had the distribution skills of De Bruyne, the tackling ability of Joey Barton and the goal scoring from midfield of Stevie G.
I remember a very average player who played out of his skin and was proud to wear the shirt.But who was prone to the odd error and misguided pass.That said amongst Burnley fans Dean has evolved with time into a football god.
As someone said recently, memory.is very selective.
Defour was probably one of the best players I have seen in a Burnley shirt.
The shame was he appeared to be happy to take the money and shortchange the fans.Suddenly recovering his ability on his return to Belgium after being "injured" for 6 months.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:42 am

I often think what it would have been like if Silva had been in charge in the championship winning season.

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:52 am

We have lessons (and players) from previous teams in this league, Stoke being the obvious example.

Came up with a successful squad, that squad were set up by Pullis and played pragmatic football and stayed in the premier league until the squad became too old to survive. Pullis tried to integrate new players and this did nowt but unsettle the culture that had made them successful.

Dyche wants to change the way we play, he wants investment, he’s had many thinly veiled swipes at the board. He knows he needs to either change Burnley or move to a progressive club before he becomes Fat Sam or Pullis. He’s invested a lot into his coaching career, he will want to go all the way.

I honestly think unless he gets backed in the window we will see him leave next summer.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:56 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:57 am
I never got the love affair with Dean Marney
Hindsight might be 20 20 but I dont remember this all action playmaker who had the distribution skills of De Bruyne, the tackling ability of Joey Barton and the goal scoring from midfield of Stevie G.
I remember a very average player who played out of his skin and was proud to wear the shirt.But who was prone to the odd error and misguided pass.That said amongst Burnley fans Dean has evolved with time into a football god.
As someone said recently, memory.is very selective.
Defour was probably one of the best players I have seen in a Burnley shirt.
The shame was he appeared to be happy to take the money and shortchange the fans.Suddenly recovering his ability on his return to Belgium after being "injured" for 6 months.
Defour is injured again. He's played four times since he left.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:05 am

In football has a team that won a championship (including 23 undefeated, top scorers etc) ever been ‘battered’ by other teams as much in the same season?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:33 am

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:13 am
Two posts up I said “there was absolutely brilliant football played that season on a rare occasion”.

5 posts up I said “we were so effective and ruthless, never gave up and actually quite exciting to watch going forward at times”

Do you just chose to quote me and argue for argument sake? If you actually read before quoting me you will actually see I mentioned admirable traits about that side.
You started the reference to the championship by saying :
“We played awful football in the Championship when we had arguably the strongest side on paper in the league and one of the highest wage bills”

You then started making stuff up about being destroyed at Bolton or scraping / lucky results in games where we were actually the better team and played well.

The fact that you then later say we played exciting football on the rare occasion does not make up for the crap you posted before.

Let’s cut to the chase - we all know that you make stuff up to fit with your views about Dyche. Over the last few years that has meant a wide spectrum of posting - though I have to admit that saying we were awful in winning the championship with 90 plus points is at the “utter bollo-x” extreme even for you.