Dyche In

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Dyche In

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:37 pm

This would have been my post on the Dyche In/Out thread before its removal.

Some supporters are getting are getting like Stoke fans did before they imploded . I’m not saying fans shouldn’t strive to watch better football and want for more, however I’d urge them to remember where we have come from, and to realise just how much we have developed under Dyche as a club and just what we have achieved . (beating them lot, staying in the Prem, Europa League and some memorable games and performances to add to that) Developed the training facilities, improvement of the youth setup, all due to the finances we have gained from the guidance of SEAN DYCHE.

He’s been nothing short of sensational for Burnley, and now he needs our backing and loyalty along with the backing of the board, and by that I mean give him the tools he needs to change up our game and be effective once again.

UTC - Sean Dyche’s Claret n Blue Army
These 4 users liked this post: AlargeClaret DAVETHEVICAR CnBtruntru Colburn_Claret

kindonesque
Been Liked: 118 times

Re: Dyche In

Post by kindonesque » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Quality post
SDC&BA
UTC

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:43 pm

I agree we should keep Dyche but you might want to use a better example than Stoke.

If you guaranteed me we'd get spend another four seasons in the top flight with three 9th place finishes if Dyche left like what happened to Stoke after they binned off Pulis I'd snap your hand off

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:46 pm

I’m referring more so to the Mark Hughes era, where it fast went south

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:43 pm
I agree we should keep Dyche but you might want to use a better example than Stoke.

If you guaranteed me we'd get spend another four seasons in the top flight with three 9th place finishes if Dyche left like what happened to Stoke after they binned off Pulis I'd snap your hand off
Agree with this.

Our days in the Premier league are numbered regardless, I'd much rather us go out in a bit of style than lumping it 60 yards in the air for 9 minutes every game

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:47 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:46 pm
I’m referring more so to the Mark Hughes era, where it fast went south
Yep he got them to 9th place 3 seasons running so sounds ok to me.

Conroy92
Been Liked: 497 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Stoke is a good example of my fears, ageing squad, one dimensional, walking into a lower league, that ageing squad led them to struggle in the championship. This could equally be our fate, double edged sword. But... I am still Dyche in for now.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:49 pm

When Dyche refuses to consider dropping an injured, horribly out of form Barnes then I think fans have a right to ask questions.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:51 pm

I dont want him out, not getting caught in the "what hes done for us" either. Right now Hes clearly failing in what hes doing, and for the first time it looks to me like the players arent with him. That last 10 minute of injury time was shocking, I've never seen a group of players so lacking in leadership....absolutely shocking.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Sean Dyche has been remarkable for this football club and achieved wonders, but we have been awful for ages now and it’s painful to watch most of the time - even the victories.

I would hate to see the fans properly turn on him, or for him to damage his own legacy by hanging about too long, so we must start planning for a new manager with fresh ideas at the end of the season, regardless of what division we find ourselves in.

But make no mistake, if Dyche was offered what he perceived to be a better job, he would be off in a shot, so let’s not get too sentimental ala Owen Coyle again.
Last edited by BurnleyFC on Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:52 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:46 pm
Agree with this.

Our days in the Premier league are numbered regardless, I'd much rather us go out in a bit of style than lumping it 60 yards in the air for 9 minutes every game
I wish it was for only 9 minutes a game ;-)

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:52 pm

See. It's not difficult to have your voice heard. Just say the right thing...

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:53 pm

By all means ask questions of Dyche, but calling for him to be sacked is madness and some people need to have a reality check. I read one post today where someone said that Dyche is the worst manager in our entire history - utterly bonkers.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Dyche has served his purpose but now his tenure has gone stale.

If we are to improve on the field we need someone who can identify players and has a fluid approach to games and make the required changes when needed.

Signing aging cloggers isn’t the way forward

Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by Flat Stanley » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Would not get rid of Dyche after all he has achieved for us but the football at the moment is so bad I don't really enjoy watching it. I enjoy going to spend time with family etc pre and post game but that's about it. He has always got us out of ruts like this before though. Just wish he was not so inflexible. Obvious today we were losing the midfield battle but he just did like for like subs again. I'm not sure Dyche is willing to learn or adapt any more which was always something he used to talk about. Very stale and one dimensional at the moment, desperately need a right back, CM and attacker with pace but doubt we will get it.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:04 pm

We can debate this all we like, end of the day the board won’t get rid, we are sleepwalking straight to the championship of that there is no doubt. Should we drop I very much doubt SD would even then get asked to leave as his record at getting us back in the Prem speaks for its self, runners up and champions, the board won’t get rid.

I want him out now, tonight, but sadly I think we’ve got SD for the foreseeable, can’t see him walking either. It’s very hard to get excited to go watch the clarets when this tosh is being constantly served up.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1968 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:05 pm

He can only work with the players he has. If the board continue not to spend then relegation is only a matter of time and SD will move on to bigger and better things. It is 100% up to the Board. Anybody with a quarter of a brain can see our squad is aging and weak. Example is that Barnes was playing today still nursing a groin injury. Westwood has been awful since he came back too early from injury. Brady has never recovered from his injuries. Yet all three started today ! Cork and Bardsley are showing their age Mcneil clearly needs a rest. Thats the truth of our situation. Eventually the lack of spending was going to catch up. And today was that day.

Turftalkers mentor
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Turftalkers mentor » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:37 pm
This would have been my post on the Dyche In/Out thread before its removal.

Some supporters are getting are getting like Stoke fans did before they imploded . I’m not saying fans shouldn’t strive to watch better football and want for more, however I’d urge them to remember where we have come from, and to realise just how much we have developed under Dyche as a club and just what we have achieved . (beating them lot, staying in the Prem, Europa League and some memorable games and performances to add to that) Developed the training facilities, improvement of the youth setup, all due to the finances we have gained from the guidance of SEAN DYCHE.

He’s been nothing short of sensational for Burnley, and now he needs our backing and loyalty along with the backing of the board, and by that I mean give him the tools he needs to change up our game and be effective once again.

UTC - Sean Dyche’s Claret n Blue Army
A first class post

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:17 pm

I wouldn’t sack Dyche even though I hate the football, he has done more than enough for this football club to be given funds to freshen up a stale old team.

Hedontplayforyou

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:19 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:17 pm
I wouldn’t sack Dyche even though I hate the football, he has done more than enough for this football club to be given funds to freshen up a stale old team.
Exactly he deserves the chance to go again with some new faces

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:34 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:05 pm
He can only work with the players he has. If the board continue not to spend then relegation is only a matter of time and SD will move on to bigger and better things. It is 100% up to the Board. Anybody with a quarter of a brain can see our squad is aging and weak. Example is that Barnes was playing today still nursing a groin injury. Westwood has been awful since he came back too early from injury. Brady has never recovered from his injuries. Yet all three started today ! Cork and Bardsley are showing their age Mcneil clearly needs a rest. Thats the truth of our situation. Eventually the lack of spending was going to catch up. And today was that day.
He didn't need to play Barnes today though? We looked far better once Jay came on. Dyche has his policy that certain players play every week no matter what, irrespective of form.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:38 pm

The Stoke analogy is a bit of a moot point because they were still winning and competing it even in Pulis’ final days there.

I’m also convinced that they were never as bad to watch as we currently are.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:41 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:49 pm
When Dyche refuses to consider dropping an injured, horribly out of form Barnes then I think fans have a right to ask questions.
Exactly. Is this how little our squad has evolved? I could have marked Barnes in the last few games. He doesn't even have the fire in him at the minute either. Quite clearly injured and looks 50% of the Ash we know and love. Vydra must have just had the final nails knocked in his coffin today. Dyche goes on about the improved second half v man United. But doesn't start that team, baffling.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:43 pm

I'd stick with Sean for now,but today's a wake-up call if we ever needed one,the :?: is will we heed the warning,i think the board probably hoped we'd win today,and that would have gone a long way to ensuring survival for at least another year,however we fluffed our lines,and are now clearly in the relegation fight,whether this will loosen the purse string's IDK,but we looked a poor outfit today,and have for a while,fresh legs could make all the difference between staying up or not,so it's over to the board.