Support for our team

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 648 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Support for our team

Post by Andreshotboots » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:58 pm

I've been as p****d off as anybody over the recent performances and results and have had my say on several topics. However, these lads need us more than ever. They need roars not boos, they need every good pass praised, every bad one forgotten. They need us to help them build up a head of steam and for us to try and pressure referees into giving us marginal decisions.

I started supoorting this great club as a kid in the mid 80s and was as at college in the early 90s when Rovers were in our position and I'm not prepared, as a supporter just to go down with a whimper.

We all know it's hard being Burnley in the Premier League, but infighting and negativity from the stands will ensure one thing only...relegation...come on clarets, your club needs you...
These 6 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor Bordeauxclaret Claret SussexDon1inIreland IanMcL Holtyclaret

DomBFC1882
Been Liked: 462 times
Has Liked: 2398 times

Re: Support for our team

Post by DomBFC1882 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:03 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:58 pm
I've been as p****d off as anybody over the recent performances and results and have had my say on several topics. However, these lads need us more than ever. They need roars not boos, they need every good pass praised, every bad one forgotten. They need us to help them build up a head of steam and for us to try and pressure referees into giving us marginal decisions.

I started supoorting this great club as a kid in the mid 80s and was as at college in the early 90s when Rovers were in our position and I'm not prepared, as a supporter just to go down with a whimper.

We all know it's hard being Burnley in the Premier League, but infighting and negativity from the stands will ensure one thing only...relegation...come on clarets, your club needs you...

And the board and manager can also inspire the fans and players by actually signing a starting 11 player and improve the team
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 329 times
Has Liked: 254 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:08 pm

they need every good pass praised
I agree.....and still we wait (sorry)

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Well said. They need our support to try to help get them through this difficult period. That said on the whole supporters at matches aren't negative (booing at half time against AV excepted which was understandable). The negativity is far more noticeable from those on social media who don't go to games anyway.
These 3 users liked this post: Andreshotboots LeadBelly tim_noone

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:18 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:03 pm
And the board and manager can also inspire the fans and players by actually signing a starting 11 player and improve the team
I totally get that and I agree, but as a fan i cant control that. I can control the support i give from the stands.

If I'm sat, well stood actually watching championship football next season I want to be able to look at myself and say I've given as much as a I could to try and support my team through a bad period in the Premier League.

I'm expecting plenty of stick from this post and I'm big and ugly enough to take it. I've been lucky enough to play high level professional sport and I can assure you one thing, negative energy from supporters only aids one set of players..the oppositions.
These 2 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland tiger76

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Eloise Laws wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:08 pm
I agree.....and still we wait (sorry)
:D

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11047 times
Has Liked: 5656 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:22 pm

I mentioned the other week that when the board gave everyone the flags against Cardiff last season the atmosphere was drastically improved around the ground - for all the "we don't do that in Burnley'" nonsense I think they should do it again very quickly
This user liked this post: Andreshotboots

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2306 times
Has Liked: 2169 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Highly unlikely I’d ever boo, I’d stop attending if it’s was getting to me that much.

I wasn’t ever that bothered about the football in my teens and early 20’s, I just enjoyed a day on the beer and a good away day, I don’t really enjoy the away days anymore mainly because my group of mates all settled down and don’t bother.

They still have my support 100%, even if I do find it difficult to enjoy at the minute
This user liked this post: Andreshotboots

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:47 pm

If there's something wrong within the realms of the club then no matter what the fans try to do it won't help, the players need to get up for it show us the fight after all they professional footballers living extravagant lifestyles,not like us scratting up your hard earned to see heads dropped after going a goal down.
I've seen to many relegation battles since the 70s to know, it's disheartening to watch, seeing all the good work over the last 10 years all unravelling in front of your eyes is a big blow and a hard one to take.
And most know it's down to shocking recruitment the club seem to have shut up shop and are seeing the writing on the wall.
Under all this us fans are preparing subconsciously for life below we just can't compete at this financially this is why the board have drawn the purse strings they know they not prepared to blow and bust the club that's the reality of it.
Summarizing all of that remains the question if we were to win promotion again what's the point without real backing
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone claretfern

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Post by LeadBelly » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:12 pm

Well said. They need our support to try to help get them through this difficult period. That said on the whole supporters at matches aren't negative (booing at half time against AV excepted which was understandable). The negativity is far more noticeable from those on social media who don't go to games anyway.
A lot of truth in that. I didnt notice a lot of overt fan negativity at the game yesterday. I was near an exit and noticed a few leave when it went to 3-0 but vast majority stayed and still supported (albeit obviously a bit subdued).
Hopefully this will keep up & the team will have some upturn in form before things do get negative during play.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8726 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:00 pm

The players need to show the fight of past players and seasons and the fans need to cheer like we did when we knew everything was against survival.

Come on you Clarets