BFC TRANSFER NEWS Jan 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS Jan 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:47 pm
I don't think Vydra is a no 10. A true number 10 is an attacking, creative midfielder. Vydra is a centre forward who is capable of dropping deeper - just like Rodriguez. If Vydra was to play he would essentially be playing up front with somebody and not playing in midfield and creating things from deeper.
That’s where I would play him as he’s too lightweight upfront, he reminds me of a poor mans Ings, prob should have brought Ings back but we know that is a no go

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm
Why can't you blame someone who's earning a salary that most people can only dream of?

I've never understood why anyone should have sympathy for a footballer if they never get picked but earn a couple of million in the process!
Would you be happy going into work every day for a boss who'd made it clear he didn't want you there? The money is good, but it must have been pretty miserable for Vydra this last 18 months. Dyche has treated him appallingly.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Vydra is a number 10 who is capable of getting in behind from that position , it’s clear that Dyche didn’t actually want him but also baffling that when we are struggling and plan A isn’t working that he’s never been utilised time change the shape or offer something different

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:04 pm

My cousin lives in Matlock and we've been to Derby a few times, including when Vydra played for them. For Derby, he was a poacher - often getting tap-ins as he was in the right place at the right time, but also connected midfield and attack too. He's perhaps just not suited to our style of play. I'd be expecting us to play the ball on the ground a lot more to suit his style, as too, Jay. So that's probably why he's not playing.

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Like he showed against Brighton assisting in the no.10 spot, could go down as the biggest missed opportunity not trying him there for at least a few games, might turn over a new leaf for player and manager.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Perhaps we should have sent somebody to Derby and analysed his style of play, strengths and weaknesses, before we signed him. ;)

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:15 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm
Vydra is a number 10 who is capable of getting in behind from that position , it’s clear that Dyche didn’t actually want him but also baffling that when we are struggling and plan A isn’t working that he’s never been utilised time change the shape or offer something different
Maybe we have different ideas of what a number 10 is. I think the likes of Maddison, Grealish, Alli, Buendia etc etc are number 10's. Flair players who play in midfield and help to orchestrate play. This is exactly the kind of player Burnley need right now in my opinion.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:23 pm

If it involves Vydra then thats got to make sense. Whilst SD is manager we are not going to see much of Vydra I am afraid. Also minimises the amount of cash we need to find which seems to be a priority.

I hope pressure is going to be put on Hendrick for a decision. If this meant he was largely going to be on the bench until season end, we might be better cashing in if we sign Brownhill and use that money now. Hendrick situation has dragged on and the longer it goes on the more likely he will walk away

Having said that, great news if he stays-still think there is more in Jeff's locker than we have seen, and has a habit of scoring important goals

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:29 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:23 pm
If it involves Vydra then thats got to make sense. Whilst SD is manager we are not going to see much of Vydra I am afraid. Also minimises the amount of cash we need to find which seems to be a priority.

I hope pressure is going to be put on Hendrick for a decision. If this meant he was largely going to be on the bench until season end, we might be better cashing in if we sign Brownhill and use that money now. Hendrick situation has dragged on and the longer it goes on the more likely he will walk away

Having said that, great news if he stays-still think there is more in Jeff's locker than we have seen, and has a habit of scoring important goals
I think if Hendrick was going to sign he'd have done it by now. A fresh start somewhere else would be good for him IMO.

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 698 times

Post by Bigvince » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:31 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:29 pm
I think if Hendrick was going to sign he'd have done it by now. A fresh start somewhere else would be good for him IMO.
Not necessarily, not sure how near it was until the season finished when Ben Mee signed a new deal

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:15 pm
Maybe we have different ideas of what a number 10 is. I think the likes of Maddison, Grealish, Alli, Buendia etc etc are number 10's. Flair players who play in midfield and help to orchestrate play. This is exactly the kind of player Burnley need right now in my opinion.
I've never known the Number 10 as a player playing in midfield. For me, it's the player who plays off the main striker. They can be the target man or someone who plays 'in the hole' in a 4-4-1-1 and helps to connect midfield to the striker.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:32 pm

Hendrick won't sign a new contract in our current position
Obviously regarded by SD, so he knows he can wait till the end of the season - can't blame him for that

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:40 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:31 pm
Not necessarily, not sure how near it was until the season finished when Ben Mee signed a new deal
Ben Mee signed his over the summer, but he still had 12 months remaining. Just a personal feeling with Hendrick. His best mate Brady is likely to leave as well which may play a part in his thinking.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:42 pm

Can see Hendrick at West Brom tbh if we were to swap places with them

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:44 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:58 pm
Would you be happy going into work every day for a boss who'd made it clear he didn't want you there? The money is good, but it must have been pretty miserable for Vydra this last 18 months. Dyche has treated him appallingly.

i just don't get it at all, the lad scores 22 times in 41 games the season before he arrives here, and that is remarkable rate of goals, yet somehow he isn't regarded as good enough for us ?
This user liked this post: k90bfc

alboclaret
Been Liked: 142 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by alboclaret » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:07 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
I've never known the Number 10 as a player playing in midfield. For me, it's the player who plays off the main striker. They can be the target man or someone who plays 'in the hole' in a 4-4-1-1 and helps to connect midfield to the striker.
This

This is what a no 10 is.... .a second striker.
Ings was a 10
Blake was a 10 and some at the time.
Vydra is a 10

The maddisons and grealish of this world are attacking midfielders who join in on the edge of their own box and the opposite box. Box to box midfielders with flare if you like :?

Bullabill
Been Liked: 301 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Bullabill » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:34 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm
Why can't you blame someone who's earning a salary that most people can only dream of?

I've never understood why anyone should have sympathy for a footballer if they never get picked but earn a couple of million in the process!

I can Spijed. - It's not just about wages. Yes, they're well paid but still people with feelings, ambition and pride. It seems to me that Vydra is being treated appallingly by SD - why? I can't even guess - but being shoved on with 30 mins to go when the team is being flogged by a top side has the stench of cruel punishment.
Was Hendrick injured, worn out, not trying? Was there any hope at all that the situation could have been improved by anyone?
Whatever the reason I don't think Matej Vydra is being given a fair go regardless of what his payslip says.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 pm

Bullabill wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:34 pm
I can Spijed. - It's not just about wages. Yes, they're well paid but still people with feelings, ambition and pride. It seems to me that Vydra is being treated appallingly by SD - why? I can't even guess - but being shoved on with 30 mins to go when the team is being flogged by a top side has the stench of cruel punishment.
Was Hendrick injured, worn out, not trying? Was there any hope at all that the situation could have been improved by anyone?
Whatever the reason I don't think Matej Vydra is being given a fair go regardless of what his payslip says.
Wait so are we saying that even if Dyche thinks he isn't good enough / doesn't follow instructions then he should play him anyway to spare his feelings on the off chance he is wrong and Vydra is our accidental hero?

If you are constantly doing the opposite of what your boss requests or doing a sub-standard job do you expect your boss will be happy?

Not saying this is definitely what is happening here but we have to trust that Dyche knows what he is doing and has his reasons for not trusting him. At the end of the day he has 5 days each week in which to judge him, we on the other hand have the odd cameo (most of which have been uninspiring IMO) and some old performances for other clubs. Let's not forget he has looked good in the championship and failed in the Premiership previously. Maybe he is just a very good Championship striker Like Jordan Rhodes was or Patrick Bamford to name but two (Che Adams possibly?)

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:25 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:14 pm
Perhaps we should have sent somebody to Derby and analysed his style of play, strengths and weaknesses, before we signed him. ;)
I want to believe that's what we do...........but we did sign Nahki Wells :lol:

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:40 pm
Ben Mee signed his over the summer, but he still had 12 months remaining. Just a personal feeling with Hendrick. His best mate Brady is likely to leave as well which may play a part in his thinking.
If we sign Brownhill and Eliasson I think the chance of Hendrick signing a new contract might go down substantially. I think you are spot on about Brady and Hendrick as well, they seem to have a boys to men bond, brothers from other mothers. If we lose one we lose them both. Standing firmly in our favour is the fact that the are playinghere together and they could see out there careers playing together for us. Should both of them decide to leave the chances of them joining the same team again might be slim.

We need Hendrick and the injury to Brady was a very serious one that obviously knocked him for six and things like that require time to recover from, mentally as well as physically. From what I've seen of him on the pitch since his return the willingness to get back to where he was is definitely there. A couple of times he has made the odd error, because he appeared to be trying to hard. A bit more playing time and a run of games could see him get back to his best, but with our backs up against the wall we can't really afford to give him that now and Dwight is playing well. I'm confident he will come good for us again if we stick by him.

In the last couple of seasons Hendrick has got most of his game time on the right wing and in the no 10 slot. Bringing in Brownhill would increase competition for the no 10 slot and I presume Eliasson would be challenging for the right wing slot, because we have enough players to cover the left wing. If we are interested in Eliasson and we have him in mind for the left wing that could nail the coffin lid shut on Brady which might play into Hendricks decision to stay with us.

That would leave us needing a new versatile midfielder and all of a sudden a reasonable transfer fee for Eliasson could turn into a very expensive one -

Transfer fee for Eliasson + the cost of losing Hendrick on a free + the cost of losing Brady + the cost of a replacement for Hendrick.

Brownhill I can understand and the £7m fee that is being tossed around the rumour mill would represent something of a bargain. Adding him to the squad would give us two different options to fill the number 10 slot and Hendrick could play more matches in the central midfield birth or out on the right.

I can't get my head fully around the idea of Eliasson though. From what I've seen of him he is a fairly average right winger who offers pace, a decent cross and not much in the way of a defensive contribution. He isn't as reliant on his left peg as Mc Neill is, but he look better when he plays on the left. Bristol play him on the right, because they have quite a few left sided players and few right wing options. Weimann could do and has done, but other than they only really have Watkins.

Bristol have struggled to bring in a striker during the last couple of seasons so Weimann has been doing the job up front for them with Diedhiou. They brought in Rodri after Afobi got injured, but he doesn't seem up to the job. Paterson isn't the answer either. Taking into account his injury and personal circumstances I can't see Afobi playing a further part for them this season, so I could see why they might be very interested in Vydra to boost a promotion push.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can afford to lose Vydra after the injury to Barnes. With Barnes out injured we would be taking a huge risk by sending Vydra to them and I can't see us recalling Wells in the event of that happening.

In all fairness, it doesn't look like Dyche is ever going to give Vydra a good run out. It respect to that an argument could be made that having him as our back for Wood and Jay Rod is redundant. Although, I'm not entirely convinced by the partnership of Wood and Jay up front. Jay is showing improvement as he gets more familiar with the team, but there is still a big difference between him playing and a fit Barnes.

If we did send Vydra over to them and anything happened to Wood then I think it would be a case of game over for us in respect to staying up. Jay up front on his own wouldn't be enough to save us, but Jay and Vydra up front might give us an outside chance.

Brownhill, yes please ( especially at £7m, although I would be pleasantly surprised if we got him for that ).

Eliasson, no thankyou, we don't need a right winger who is really a left winger who is doing a reasonable a job playing on the right. Lennon and Hendrick can hold the fort until JBG returns.

Note: Phew, it is hard to type while I'm crossing my fingers that Jeff signs a new contract with us :)

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:47 am

"Eliasson, no thankyou, we don't need a right winger who is really a left winger who is doing a reasonable a job playing on the right. Lennon and Hendrick can hold the fort until JBG returns.:

Can't rely on JBG.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:08 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:58 pm
You would imagine that if someone went to work in those conditions he would seek a new job, just like Vydra could put in a transfer request, which be honest any footballer crying as much as you do would have put one in ages ago. Maybe just maybe he isn't as upset or as weak as you think.

You gonna front up this protest group Sunday before or after the match ?

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:18 am

snapcrackleandpop wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:47 am
"Eliasson, no thankyou, we don't need a right winger who is really a left winger who is doing a reasonable a job playing on the right. Lennon and Hendrick can hold the fort until JBG returns.:

Can't rely on JBG.
Or Brady.........JBG has got some serious problems he's out almost straight away every time he comes back with different injuries

Hendrick not a winger
Brady injured all the time
JBG injured all the time
Lennon past it
McNeil will be sold

"we don't need a right winger" you are right we need A LEFT AND RIGHT WINGER.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:08 am
You would imagine that if someone went to work in those conditions he would seek a new job, just like Vydra could put in a transfer request, which be honest any footballer crying as much as you do would have put one in ages ago. Maybe just maybe he isn't as upset or as weak as you think.

You gonna front up this protest group Sunday before or after the match ?
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/t ... b-16697627

Doesn't mean it was true because it was in the paper, but it might have been.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 am

lancs live means it isn't true

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
lancs live means it isn't true
Hence my disclaimer :)

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:20 am

FactualFrank wrote:
That's what Jakub's Tash said. A No 10 links the play between midfield and up front. He's definetly not a target man otherwise Lucas Jutkiewicz falls into that category despite wearing No 10.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:20 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:

That and the fact Dyche said he is the most miserable player hes ever coached and never looks happy...

Lets move the goalposts now...

The manager doesn't want Vydra here, Vydra doesnt want to be here. The sooner it all gets sorted the better for all parties, but we hold all the cards and until it's right for us to get rid he will have to just plod on with his struggles whilst pocketing 30k a week.
Its s tough life isnt it.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am

Looks as if the Josh Brownhill transfer will be going through only the price seems to have dropped to £6million.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5516 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:25 am

dermotdermot wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am
Looks as if the Josh Brownhill transfer will be going through only the price seems to have dropped to £6million.
Excellent. Hang on until next week and he might be free.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Juan Tanamera

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:26 am

If Vydra is good enough to play, the Toshack and Keegan approach comes to mind.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:28 am

dermotdermot wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am
Any source for this? As we've had this in previous windows when in reality, both clubs haven't even been made contact. I hope it's true though, of course.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:29 am

Shaqiri has struggled for game time since making a £13.5m move from Stoke City back in 2018, playing back up to the formidable attacking trio of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.

In the summer, the 28-year-old hinted that he may look to move on, saying: “I’m disappointed that I do not play anymore. Nobody likes to sit on the bench.

“It's clear that I want more time. I have to look at the situation and find a solution.”

would he consider Burnley?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... r-21275207

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 am

claretblue wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:29 am
Shaqiri has struggled for game time since making a £13.5m move from Stoke City back in 2018, playing back up to the formidable attacking trio of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.

In the summer, the 28-year-old hinted that he may look to move on, saying: “I’m disappointed that I do not play anymore. Nobody likes to sit on the bench.

“It's clear that I want more time. I have to look at the situation and find a solution.”

I can't see us getting close to signing him permanently, but would take him on a loan until the end of the season easily.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 am

claretblue wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:29 am

Could never afford his wages, and he wouldn't work hard enough for Dyche, no chance.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 am

They’ve turned down a loan for Shaqiri already (from abroad) according to BBC sport.

He’d be a great signing for us and many others in the PL. way outside our cash limits though.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:28 am
Any source for this? As we've had this in previous windows when in reality, both clubs haven't even been made contact. I hope it's true though, of course.
Only link I can find is below, hardly credible but then who is in this age...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sour ... er-for-6m/

Flying Without Ings
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Flying Without Ings » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 am

Nixon has said Chelsea will only loan Connor Gallagher to clubs who will play him, which has ruled a couple of PL teams out. Swansea appear faves. I assume that it us out the race then.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:42 am

Not sure how i feel about this to be honest..

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... er-1363845

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:47 am

In any deal we try to put together this window for basically anyone, aside from the likes of Sahqiri or Wanyama or players from clubs of that ilk, we have Vydra wanting to exit as a real trump card. If you're Bristol Titties for example, you really don't want to lose Brownhill, but if Brownhill fancies a move and a crack at PL footy AND Burnley are willing to let you have the guy who top scored in the Championship only two seasons ago, then surely your view softens.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:48 am

If Vydra was to go to Bristol City, I think that would be a fair swap, without us adding cash to the deal too.

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:53 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:48 am
If Vydra was to go to Bristol City, I think that would be a fair swap, without us adding cash to the deal too.
Their player valued at 7m for ours purchased for 11m?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:54 am

ClaretAL wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:42 am

I would happily let all the u23s out free of charge if they're playing. The clubs are helping develop them.

I don't agree with loan fees etc for the young players.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:55 am

DCWat wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:53 am
Their player valued at 7m for ours purchased for 11m?
It doesn't work like that. He's hardly played since he signed for us. It's not as simple as 11m - 7m.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am

I wasn't necessarily suggesting a straight swap as it all depends who we're looking at and I was only using Bristol as an example because it appears that we're actually talking to them about this guy. I was just saying that in any deal we try to do, MOST clubs we are dealing with would be happy to take Vydra (as a proven goalscorer) as part of the deal and give him a go, especially a Championship club and we could use that to oil the wheels.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:01 pm

If I was doing the transfers Champ manager style.

Brownhill and Eliasson for Vydra and 5 million.

Arrons at Norwich for Gibson and 6 million.

Jarrod Bowen for 22 million

Hart and Lennon wages off the books.

If anyone give a few million for either Hendrick or Brady cash in.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:10 pm

Don't forget Drinkwaters reported contribution from us off 55k per week off the books too.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:11 pm

ClaretAL wrote:

What sort of feeling is it giving you??
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:55 am
It doesn't work like that. He's hardly played since he signed for us. It's not as simple as 11m - 7m.
No, I agree it’s a rather simplistic statement, but I’d be surprised if we were prepared to lose 4 million in under a year, on a player that it appears is attracting interest.

BurnleyPaul
Been Liked: 158 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by BurnleyPaul » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:18 pm

ClaretAL wrote:

Perfectly happy with it to be honest...a young player going out on loan to a club where we trust the manager and where they will get experience of playing men’s football and physically developing whilst there.

What’s not to like?
This user liked this post: DCWat