Dyche Speaks Out NW tonight

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dixie Normous
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Re: Dyche Speaks Out NW tonight

Post by Dixie Normous » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:10 am

Giftonsnoidea wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:33 pm
:lol:

Come and say that to my face keyboard Warrior, I’ll arrange a time and place if you want
No problem. Get in touch

Spaceman
Been Liked: 52 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Spaceman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:57 am

Dixie Normous wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:10 am
No problem. Get in touch
Calm down Tommy, must be a while since you've been in the ring. You did have a good right hand though.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:16 am

Continues to amaze me that some presume if we drop to the Championship we'll have a jolly old year and come straight back.
We seriously need to not go down.
These 5 users liked this post: Dark Cloud Bosscat whiffa Juan Tanamera rob63

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:27 am

This user liked this post: Tall Paul

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:48 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:15 am
Just because we aren’t as wealthy as other clubs doesn’t mean we have to suck the life and joy out of everything.

Other teams manage to pass a ball and survive in this league without spunking billions.

Go on then, I'll indulge you, which other teams, without outside investment are these?

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:50 am

Sproggy wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:47 am
Indeed it will. Yet if you look at pretty much any other professional football club in the world, 90% of their benches will be less valuable.
Of course the problem is...... Burnley are not paying that 90% of other clubs are they?

Sproggy
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Indeed it will. Yet if you look at pretty much any other professional football club in the world, 90% of their benches will be less valuable.
AndrewJB wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:45 am
We only play the teams in our league.
Yes, but that wasn't the point. We have people on here claiming we don't have a pot to p*ss in, when in reality we have never been more wealthy or valuable (or granted, ever had higher outgoings).

And we might not play those other 90% of clubs but that's where we're shopping for new players.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:04 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:33 am
I saw a pic of our following at Chelsea, it looked pitiful. Looked about 900 tops. And before anyone points it out I didn't go either. Frankly can't blame people for not wanting to go away at the moment, it's becoming a chore going on the Turf.
Honestly - if that's how you feel, don't go? Football is only one of the most important unimportant things in life, nothing more. If you don't enjoy it, don't go. I don't class myself as a fan any more, I don't go, I don't always watch when Burnley are on telly, but I do retain an interest. I stopped enjoying it, and so I stopped going. It wasn't really to do with Burnley, but to do with the way the game was going with EPPP, the focus on everything being premier league, the broken model that was evolving in terms of clubs having to run at massive debts to try and compete. Actually, the thing that I admire most about Burnley, and the board, is the refusal to get involved in that last mentality. Getting results, way above that expected of the club, doing it the right way, through good morals, good investment (It's true) and an evolution of a club that's an integral part of the community. I saw somebody have a swipe at Jack Cork the other day (He's rubbish, can't run, can't tackle). He's in the top 5 midfielders that anybody born after about 1970 will have seen play for the club, and could well be the best. There's rarely any assessment of what the club is achieving, just a sulk and a strop that people aren't getting more. Some say football is a microcosm of society, and the more I observe from a distance, the more I think it's true.
These 12 users liked this post: Bosscat fidelcastro Tall Paul Claret Burnley1989 creepingdeath Ptangyangkipperbang claretonthecoast1882 Taffy on the wing evensteadiereddie Braindead k90bfc

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm

I have just posted the same sentiment on the Barnes hernia thread to another of our posters who spend their life unhappy and angry at the football club.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm
I have just posted the same sentiment on the Barnes hernia thread to another of our posters who spend their life unhappy and angry at the football club.
Problem being if you criticise those who do nothing but criticise their bottom lip starts to go
This user liked this post: Bosscat

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:04 pm
Honestly - if that's how you feel, don't go? Football is only one of the most important unimportant things in life, nothing more. If you don't enjoy it, don't go. I don't class myself as a fan any more, I don't go, I don't always watch when Burnley are on telly, but I do retain an interest. I stopped enjoying it, and so I stopped going. It wasn't really to do with Burnley, but to do with the way the game was going with EPPP, the focus on everything being premier league, the broken model that was evolving in terms of clubs having to run at massive debts to try and compete. Actually, the thing that I admire most about Burnley, and the board, is the refusal to get involved in that last mentality. Getting results, way above that expected of the club, doing it the right way, through good morals, good investment (It's true) and an evolution of a club that's an integral part of the community. I saw somebody have a swipe at Jack Cork the other day (He's rubbish, can't run, can't tackle). He's in the top 5 midfielders that anybody born after about 1970 will have seen play for the club, and could well be the best. There's rarely any assessment of what the club is achieving, just a sulk and a strop that people aren't getting more. Some say football is a microcosm of society, and the more I observe from a distance, the more I think it's true.
I pointed out our following at Chelsea was poor, what's the problem with that? No need to get on your high horse about it.

Tall Paul
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:38 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:27 am
For the stat lovers out there...

https://90maat.com/keep-the-faith-these ... d-opinion/
This is why we're probably not going to be relegated. The underlying xG stats show that we're performing like a top half team and, while they might be flawed, they're a better indication than any other measure available.

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:41 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:04 pm
Enjoyed that and seems spot on.
Particularly liked the comment, "the thing that I admire most about Burnley, and the board, is the refusal to get involved in that last mentality".
This user liked this post: dandeclaret

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm
I pointed out our following at Chelsea was poor, what's the problem with that? No need to get on your high horse about it.
" Frankly can't blame people for not wanting to go away at the moment, it's becoming a chore going on the Turf."

The highlighted bit was more what I was talking about.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Wise words again from dande. One of the few posters on here that posts stuff which actually worth reading.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 pm

I too have decided that this season will be my last being a season ticket holder for a while. Like dande I just don't enjoy it anymore and while I retain frustrations with the club, football in general I'm losing interest in, and it's been this way for a few seasons. I never ever thought I'd get to this point. For me the turning point was the Ronaldo sale at 80m, and the finances then just becoming ridiculous, social media has had its negative influence too, var this season another nail. I heard on the radio today that Scotland are banning heading for kids, one woman said it should be banned altogether. That for me will be one of the final nails. It wouldn't surprise me for all players to be required to wear headguards in the future, but that is for another day. Back to the topic, the premier league was a dream. I'd travel all over sometimes just in hope of a goal than anything and one day, maybe reach the big time. I don't honestly care what division we are in anymore. Someone suggested I go and watch Stanley or padiham for a year or two, I may just do that. I just want a bit of normality back in the game. Us that too much to ask for?

Tall Paul
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm

This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:42 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm
" Frankly can't blame people for not wanting to go away at the moment, it's becoming a chore going on the Turf."

The highlighted bit was more what I was talking about.
Tbh I have started missing a few games this season. I can take us getting beat, but the football we play has sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me. And it's very easy to lecture people from afar about what they should be thinking when they aren't the one having to sit through it every week. At the end of the day its supposed to be enjoyable, I think a lot of our fans seem to have forgotten that.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:44 pm

I'm not lecturing - I made the same decision. You're right in that it's supposed to be enjoyable, and if it's not enjoyable for you, then only you are in control of a change that affects that. It's irrelevant what all other fans think or feel.

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 10008 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Dixie Normous wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:10 am
No problem. Get in touch
Have you recovered from your little outburst now?

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:44 pm
I'm not lecturing - I made the same decision. You're right in that it's supposed to be enjoyable, and if it's not enjoyable for you, then only you are in control of a change that affects that. It's irrelevant what all other fans think or feel.
That's fair enough, but it's hard to stop going when it's been such a regular thing. Even through the worst days of the Cotterill era I never really got that fed up I considered missing games. I agree with you when you say the money at the top end of the Prem has killed it for clubs like us though.
I've been to watch Colne FC a few times this year and really enjoyed it. I think I'm just a bit fed up with the sanitised, corporate money driven machine the top flight has become.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:04 pm

I considering the cancel option for some of the reasons above and a big one for me is the kick off times.

I want to watch football on Saturday at 3pm or 7.45 on a Tuesday not 1230 or 1730 or 1945. I don't enjoy going at all on Sundays. Didn't realise the Leicester game had been moved. I am going under duress as I can get a free meal off the in laws at the new waggoners beforehand otherwise it would be tv for me.
This user liked this post: dandeclaret

Dixie Normous

Post by Dixie Normous » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:49 pm

Giftonsnoidea wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm
Have you recovered from your little outburst now?
You’re the one who offered a fight . Do you get down to London much ? I’ll sort out the gym with gloves and make it all fair and square . Put your money where your mouth is

Dixie Normous

Post by Dixie Normous » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:51 pm

Spaceman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:57 am
Calm down Tommy, must be a while since you've been in the ring. You did have a good right hand though.
Hi mate . No worries . All cool . Message me

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Dixie Normous wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:49 pm
You’re the one who offered a fight . Do you get down to London much ? I’ll sort out the gym with gloves and make it all fair and square . Put your money where your mouth is
Just keep shouting expletives to people you don’t know on the internet :lol: I hope the surgery goes well !

Dixie Normous

Post by Dixie Normous » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:45 pm

What happened to the billy big ******** act ?