Laurence Fox

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Laurence Fox

Post by Blackrod » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:32 am

Well done for speaking up and show casing when people brand the term ‘racist’ around loosely.

I heard a university lecturer / professor the other day say that a newspaper article had described Meghan as ‘pushy’ and ‘agressive’and this was clearly ‘racism’.

Racism should be fought and this country has come a long way and is generally very tolerant. People calling things out that aren’t there and looking to throw nanes about weaken the cause and undo the good progress made.
These 10 users liked this post: Bosscat Colburn_Claret THEWELLERNUT70 jrtod61 bobinho Damo SussexDon1inIreland tim_noone BOYSIE31 Middle-agedClaret

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Re: Laurence Fox

Post by Billy Balfour » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:42 am

Blackrod wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:32 am
People calling things out that aren’t there and looking to throw nanes about weaken the cause and undo the good progress made.
I agree. People shouldn't be looking to throw nanes about.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:53 am

Beware low flying nanes :roll:

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:58 am

Blackrod wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:32 am
I heard a university lecturer / professor the other day say that a newspaper article had described Meghan as ‘pushy’ and ‘agressive’ and this was clearly ‘racism’.

Racism should be fought and this country has come a long way and is generally very tolerant. People calling things out that aren’t there and looking to throw nanes about weaken the cause and undo the good progress made.
Calling out thing's that aren't there, like these?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/el ... ards-royal

Pushy and aggressive are not racist terms, but a long running orchestrated smear of one woman who is black while you treat the white woman in the same role as above reproach. That looks racist.
These 2 users liked this post: BabylonClaret Duffer_

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Good try, Blackrod.
Read Combat's last paragraph and learn.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:13 pm

That lady was a BBC plant to stoke the Question Time audience up.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:31 pm

She's been on Breakfast news before yet was introduced as just an ordinary member of the audience. I guess it worked.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat SussexDon1inIreland

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Great point blackrod. Unfortunately, this ******** isn’t just confined to the QT audience, we’ve got people on here just the same and you don’t have to leave this thread to find em.

The whole argument loses credibility because of nonsense such as this.
These 2 users liked this post: jrtod61 SussexDon1inIreland

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:50 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:58 am
Calling out thing's that aren't there, like these?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/el ... ards-royal

Pushy and aggressive are not racist terms, but a long running orchestrated smear of one woman who is black while you treat the white woman in the same role as above reproach. That looks racist.
Looks racist to you. Certainly looks like they had it in for her. Who knows why that is? Was she shitty with them off camera? Are they racist? Is it just their industry that needs goodies and baddies? Is it because she's American? Or a load of other reasons.

Nah, easier to jump straight to "RACISTS!"
This user liked this post: jrtod61

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:53 pm

How does the professor come to his decision that she is “pushy” and “aggressive”?
He reads the Daily Mail.

He has as much knowledge of her as we do and that is f*ck all.
This user liked this post: deanothedino

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:57 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:31 pm
She's been on Breakfast news before yet was introduced as just an ordinary member of the audience. I guess it worked.
Typical BBC Frank ... a bunch of ****'s

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:59 pm

Laurence Fox is funny as F**k on celebrity gogglebox

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:08 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:50 pm
Looks racist to you. Certainly looks like they had it in for her. Who knows why that is? Was she shitty with them off camera? Are they racist? Is it just their industry that needs goodies and baddies? Is it because she's American? Or a load of other reasons.

Nah, easier to jump straight to "RACISTS!"
She's a black, foreign, feminist with a history of social activism work.

She is everything the right wing media dislikes who's then married into the very symbol of British 'patriotism' and 'tradition'.

I wonder why the Mail has it in for her... :roll:
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Not only did he get called racist and a privilged white guy - as though there are no priviliged Chinese African or other coliur guys) he was called Sexist for saying he thought Kier Starmer would be the best candidate for new leader of the Labour party. Ms Boyle and Baroness Chakrabati made themselves look pathetic, just showing how identity politics is choking sensible discussion.

I just hope that this misuse of Racism directed against White people develops into a hate crime. Maybe tgats the only way to stop this nonesense from these ludicrous Justice Warriors.

As for Mehan Markle and the equally ludicrous claim that Racism drove her from this country I can only conclude that this is also ludicrous.

No wonder the Left was decimated in the last election. Most people dont want to hear these ridiculous assertions. And they wont learn. So the way it is Labourwill be out of power for years to come and fully deserved.
These 6 users liked this post: bobinho Wuggawumphwumph Blackrod Bosscat jrtod61 SussexDon1inIreland

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Megan left because of the media, it’s bizarre that they then flip in on the general public as though we forced them out when most folk dislike the media and want them to leave her alone. I couldn’t care less if I never saw her or Harry again, I don’t care about her relationship with her Dad or Kate Middleton either. It bores me to tears.

Just leave them alone to enjoy their lives.
This user liked this post: Steve1956

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Harry n Merkel.attention seeking at its finest why didnt they just fu*k off quietly.....not many would have missed the leeches :roll:
Last edited by Steve1956 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:08 pm
Not only did he get called racist and a privilged white guy - as though there are no priviliged Chinese African or other coliur guys) he was called Sexist for saying he thought Kier Starmer would be the best candidate for new leader of the Labour party. Ms Boyle and Baroness Chakrabati made themselves look pathetic, just showing how identity politics is choking sensible discussion.

I just hope that this misuse of Racism directed against White people develops into a hate crime. Maybe tgats the only way to stop this nonesense from these ludicrous Justice Warriors.

As for Mehan Markle and the equally ludicrous claim that Racism drove her from this country I can only conclude that this is also ludicrous.

No wonder the Left was decimated in the last election. Most people dont want to hear these ridiculous assertions. And they wont learn. So the way it is Labourwill be out of power for years to come and fully deserved.
You're bemoaning identity politics choking sensible discussion, but then you're the first to bring up the Labour party, 'the left' etc and bemoan the 'Justice Warriors'.

"There's no racism, ludicrous claims, justice warriors, people don't want to hear it, calling white people racist should be a hate crime..."
You're entire pitch smacks of 'the lady doth protest too much'

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm
Harry n Merkel.attention seeking at its finest why didnt they just fu*k off quietly.....not many would have missed the leechesj :roll:
Because they write for The Mail... :roll:
They have official duties to perform, but If these are reported on they're attention seeking?

British Press: "Why don't you both f*ck off!"

{they announce they're f*cking off to live a quiet life]

British Press: "How dare you f*ck off!"
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat bfcmik

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:43 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm
They have official duties to perform, but If these are reported on they're attention seeking?

:lol:

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Manchester police finally admitted they turned a blind eye to Pakistani grooming gangs so as not to upset community relations, this is what happens when the race card is constantly played by minorities to deflect genuine criticism of culture or behaviour.
These 3 users liked this post: Blackrod jrtod61 tiger76

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:48 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Maybe they could have F**led off quietly and maybe Prince Andrew could have stood in for them,oh hang on a minute hes on gardening leave....an absolute shambles of a family...I think the lot of them should take a leaf out of Harry's book and all f**k off.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Stayingup wrote:

Yes that was quite pathetic from Chakribati. She really looked foolish and it just highlighted the point about looking for something that was not there.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:51 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
She's a black, foreign, feminist with a history of social activism work.

She is everything the right wing media dislikes who's then married into the very symbol of British 'patriotism' and 'tradition'.

I wonder why the Mail has it in for her... :roll:
Apparently it wasn't just The Daily Mail though was it (I'm taking this second hand because I don't read any of them).

I'm not discounting the possibility that some racism was in the mix, as I said. Which would be weird because it was only after the birth of the baby when it was mentioned that I even knew she was 'black' (which she isn't).

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:53 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm
You're bemoaning identity politics choking sensible discussion, but then you're the first to bring up the Labour party, 'the left' etc and bemoan the 'Justice Warriors'.

"There's no racism, ludicrous claims, justice warriors, people don't want to hear it, calling white people racist should be a hate crime..."
You're entire pitch smacks of 'the lady doth protest too much'
You're right, denying racism is prima facie evidence of it. You just can't lose with an accusation of racism.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:48 pm
Maybe they could have F**led off quietly and maybe Prince Andrew could have stood in for them,oh hang on a minute hes on gardening leave....an absolute shambles of a family...I think the lot of them should take a leaf out of Harry's book and all f**k off.
I agree.
But if we tried the gutter press would rally round in defense because they make easy headlines for dumb 'patriots'.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:59 pm

What's that supposed to mean? There have been a number of very public racist incidents recently - and increases in people reporting such. Keep denouncing it as rubbish doesnt make it not exist.

Is the press racist? Probably some element of institutional racism in there but thats almost impossible to prove. They have clearly clearly treated Kate completely differently to Meghan. So given Kate is a commoner that means that one or more of the following g is the likely underlying cause...

1. She is American and not establishment british
2. She is black
3. The queen has made it clear she's not keen on her and they've orchestrated a bit of a campaign to undermine her.

Personally i would say its 3 and then 1 but 2 doesnt help either

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by burnleymik » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:02 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:59 pm
What's that supposed to mean? There have been a number of very public racist incidents recently - and increases in people reporting such. Keep denouncing it as rubbish doesnt make it not exist.

Is the press racist? Probably some element of institutional racism in there but thats almost impossible to prove. They have clearly clearly treated Kate completely differently to Meghan. So given Kate is a commoner that means that one or more of the following g is the likely underlying cause...

1. She is American and not establishment british
2. She is black
3. The queen has made it clear she's not keen on her and they've orchestrated a bit of a campaign to undermine her.

Personally i would say its 3 and then 1 but 2 doesnt help either
Kate got a very rough ride at the beginning of her relationship with William.... The difference was she got her head down and got on with it.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:24 pm

I see Fox was panned by actor’s union Equity for his Question Time stance although Equity seem to be trying to row back from that, blaming it on rogue committee members.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/laur ... 37836.html

Personally I thought he spoke complete sense and we should be focusing on the relevant issues not the fake racism ones, such as why Harry married a TV celebrity if he has such an aversion to press coverage.

The best thing about Brexit, bar none, is that (while seemingly unrelated) suddenly people have found a voice who have concerns about this woke, liberal, identity politics era we are in. When we have things like thousands of young girls raped and abused due to police feeling they cannot “go there”, it is clear we have a huge, huge problem and Laurence Fox is helping us solve it. Well done to him.
These 5 users liked this post: jrtod61 Blackrod LeadBelly bobinho Damo

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:28 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:24 pm
I see Fox was panned by actor’s union Equity for his Question Time stance although Equity seem to be trying to row back from that, blaming it on rogue committee members.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/laur ... 37836.html

Personally I thought he spoke complete sense and we should be focusing on the relevant issues not the fake racism ones, such as why Harry married a TV celebrity if he has such an aversion to press coverage.

The best thing about Brexit, bar none, is that (while seemingly unrelated) suddenly people have found a voice who have concerns about this woke, liberal, identity politics era we are in. When we have things like thousands of young girls raped and abused due to police feeling they cannot “go there”, it is clear we have a huge, huge problem and Laurence Fox is helping us solve it. Well done to him.
And yet, why is anti-Semitism such a big issue if this type of racism isn't?

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:28 pm
And yet, why is anti-Semitism such a big issue if this type of racism isn't?
It's not.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:34 pm

UTC debates racism.
2xofl3.jpg
2xofl3.jpg (140.82 KiB) Viewed 4683 times

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:47 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:30 pm
It's not.
It is if you dare to criticise the actions of the Israeli government.

:roll:

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:55 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:47 pm
It is if you dare to criticise the actions of the Israeli government.

:roll:
The whole anti-Corbyn anti-Semitism thing was very revealing and not only for the way the press dealt with it (no surprise - their biases are obvious).

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:14 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:02 pm
Kate got a very rough ride at the beginning of her relationship with William.... The difference was she got her head down and got on with it.
Did she? A few comments about being a commoner perhaps but n9thing like the stuff published against MM who has largely been getting her head down

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:25 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:14 pm
MM who has largely been getting her head down
:lol:

There were plenty of attacks on Kate, mainly around her being a supposed gold digger and they went after her mother pretty hard too. Very selective memory from some people and if you want to go further back Meghan hasn't had a patch on what happened with Diana.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1983 times
Has Liked: 2872 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Laurence Fox demonstrated more the public feeling to continued name calling and snowflake attitudes in the public domain. Fortunately I have seen first hand Higher Education has left ‘apologetic’ history behind now, and literature study shows it now encompasses other disciplines. There is now a feeling that those things happened.

It was Britain, but a very different place with very different belief systems. To apologise for Empire is to deny the differences in society at the time. To apologise an empty gesture.... far more positive to look into the reasons why attitudes developed that led to the attitude in the first place.

The racism card is being overplayed so often, people become immune to REAL (including racism) problems.

Thought he spoke very well, despite the attempts to pigeon hole him.
These 4 users liked this post: bobinho SussexDon1inIreland Blackrod jrtod61

beddie
Been Liked: 1380 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:13 pm
That lady was a BBC plant to stoke the Question Time audience up.
It wants "stoking" up. I like Fiona Bruce generally but since she took over QT I've not really enjoyed the programme. Probably spoilt with Dimbleby. In regards to the actual post I thought Fox spoke sense.
This user liked this post: Blackrod

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:28 pm

The racism card is being overplayed so often, people become immune to REAL (including racism) problems.
Is that any different with anti-semitism where the Conservatives played a blinder?

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2194 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 pm
Is that any different with anti-semitism where the Conservatives played a blinder?
Very much the same. If you try and keep a story in the news as determinedly as the Tories and right-wing media did with anti-Semitism, then gullible people tend to believe it.

Incidentally, I heard Jess Phillips say last night that she had no control over what people post on Twitter...no, obviously not, Jess, but then neither did Corbyn with the people who wanted to spout anti-semitic remarks on there!

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Twitter was hilarious after his appearance on QT
The bedwetters tried every liberal, self loathing trick in the book to upset him and he just laughed it off.
Calling someone racist has lost its shock value now because it happens so often.
These 4 users liked this post: Blackrod beddie jrtod61 claretandy

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Sums it up nicely
Screenshot_2020-01-18-18-31-18-635_com.twitter.android.jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-18-18-31-18-635_com.twitter.android.jpg (90.38 KiB) Viewed 4143 times

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:36 pm

The Pakistani Muslim gangs that have raped our children for the last 30 years (their not Asian by the way) should have been charged with Hate Crime and that should have been added to their crimes, meanwhile its coming out that the "Authorities" the police and the social services and Gordon Brown all turned a blind eye in case it caused Hate Crime in retribution, but those convicted have not.
Last edited by SussexDon1inIreland on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:36 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm
Sums it up nicely

Yes. Audience members take right-minded view apart from people who define themselves by their race.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm

If the individual involved thinks they have received racist remarks that's all that counts. No matter how subtle or disguised.

It's wearing to hear people defending racism via semantics. Plenty of that on here.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:46 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm
If the individual involved thinks they have received racist remarks that's all that counts. No matter how subtle or disguised
That's nonsense. Simply because someone believes something, even if genuinely, that's not "all that counts" at all. That may be your viewing how things should be but it's not (quite yet) the real world.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:00 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm
Sums it up nicely

I wonder if the lady in the bottom left was clapping? Why leave her out? Seems convenient....

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 am

Spijed wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:33 pm
Were it not present, they wouldn’t have been able to...

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:30 am

burnleymik wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:02 pm
Got on with what?

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:37 am

Stayingup wrote:
I just hope that this misuse of Racism directed against White people develops into a *hate crime.
All of us or just the...
Damo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 pm
liberal, self loathing bedwetters
?

*Which would you prefer, violent hate crimes against white people or just general racist abuse?

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:39 am

Damo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 pm
Twitter was hilarious after his appearance on QT
The bedwetters tried every liberal, self loathing trick in the book to upset him and he just laughed it off.
Calling someone racist has lost its shock value now because it happens so often.
He's well worth a follow, sticking it to the painfully woke brigade.