Laurence Fox

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Re: Laurence Fox

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:48 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm
Because they write for The Mail... :roll:
They have official duties to perform, but If these are reported on they're attention seeking?

British Press: "Why don't you both f*ck off!"

{they announce they're f*cking off to live a quiet life]

British Press: "How dare you f*ck off!"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SSdXtDjM4lI

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:03 am

claretandy wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:39 am
He's well worth a follow, sticking it to the painfully woke brigade.
Like an idiot...

"It's so easy to throw the charge of racism at everybody and it's really starting to get boring now. I can't help what I am, I was born like this, it's an immutable characteristic, to call me a white-priviliged male is to be racist."

Unintelligent pub-bore spouts hypocritical shite on Question Time, unintelligent general population proclaim him their moronic Champion.

"Yeah, calling someone white is racist now, we win and we can be as racist as we want because we've successfully reduced it the ridiculous."
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:26 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:58 am
Calling out thing's that aren't there, like these?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/el ... ards-royal

Pushy and aggressive are not racist terms, but a long running orchestrated smear of one woman who is black while you treat the white woman in the same role as above reproach. That looks racist.
She brought it on herself?
She deserves it for ______?
She shouldn't have _______?

Anybody who thinks Meghan Markle's treatment by the press is anything but racism is as stupid as Laurence Fox.
Meghan Markle did everything expected of her for two years and it drove her up the wall and she was vilified in the press anyway.
Like any normal person with a speck of self-worth and ambition she's had enough of being a parasitic freeloader.
Walking away from this sham spectacle of inherited privilege in the 21st Century is the best and only decent thing anyone in the royal family has ever done.
She's left the rest of them looking like the demented old fools that they are and shown up the population as a servile, cap-doffing bunch of plebs who'd rather flog a bolted horse than actually look into the accusations of a rich men's grooming gang involving Prince Andrew.
SussexDon1inIreland wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:36 pm
The Pakistani Muslim gangs that have raped our children for the last 30 years (their not Asian by the way) should have been charged with Hate Crime and that should have been added to their crimes, meanwhile its coming out that the "Authorities" the police and the social services and Gordon Brown all turned a blind eye in case it caused Hate Crime in retribution, but those convicted have not.
and Prince Andrew?

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:03 am
Like an idiot...

"It's so easy to throw the charge of racism at everybody and it's really starting to get boring now. I can't help what I am, I was born like this, it's an immutable characteristic, to call me a white-priviliged male is to be racist."

Unintelligent pub-bore spouts hypocritical shite on Question Time, unintelligent general population proclaim him their moronic Champion.

"Yeah, calling someone white is racist now, we win and we can be as racist as we want because we've successfully reduced it the ridiculous."
Told you he's triggered all the usual suspects.
These 2 users liked this post: Damo jrtod61

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:44 am

Hopefully the police will be able to investigate "a rich man's grooming gang involving Prince Andrew" without being labelled as racist by the bed wetters
This user liked this post: jrtod61

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:48 am

claretandy wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 am
Not for long.
This thread, the argument, the messages and the posters contributing to it aren't worthy of my continued input, as your pathetic "told you so" post ably demonstrates.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:04 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:03 am
Like an idiot...

Like all snowflakes you think all racists are white. Imo Abbott is one of the biggest racists around.
Like all snowflakes the only opinion that counts, is one that agrees with you.
I hate racism, but like most people I'm getting bored of the constant racism claims that are nothing but media, snowflake inspired bullshit. Its as if there is a competition to show who is the most anti racist, by looking for racism everywhere, even where it doesn't exist.
I don't have to prove my anti racism to anybody, I do it everyday by treating everyone the same. If only the snowflakes could treat everybody the same we wouldn't need these threads.

groove
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by groove » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:14 am

Meghan Markle isn't even black. Okay she's dark skinned and has heritage. But if, for example, I had to describe her as a missing person I'd say she was dark/Olive skinned with a Mediterranean appearance. I find all this person of colour business a bit convenient and her ethnicity label tenuous at best.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:15 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:04 am
Like all snowflakes you think all racists are white. Imo Abbott is one of the biggest racists around.
I hate racism, but like most people I'm getting bored of the constant racism claims that are nothing but media, snowflake inspired bullshit. Its as if there is a competition to show who is the most anti racist, by looking for racism everywhere, even where it doesn't exist.
I don't have to prove my anti racism to anybody, I do it everyday by treating everyone the same. If only the snowflakes could treat everybody the same we wouldn't need these threads.
******* hell - don;t have an apoplectic fit! I'm not sure how you are qualified to judge racism - how on earth is Abbott racist?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:17 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:04 am
claretandy wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 am

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:37 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:48 am
Not for long.
This thread, the argument, the messages and the posters contributing to it aren't worthy of my continued input, as your pathetic "told you so" post ably demonstrates.
:lol:
This user liked this post: burnleymik

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:05 pm

Interesting that Combat Claret has outed himself as the most racist person on this thread.

He’s fallen into the trap of “you’re white so your views on racism aren’t worth as much as those of a black person”.

That in itself is racist.
These 2 users liked this post: Damo jrtod61

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:17 am
... triggered all the usual suspects...
Isn't that the truth...

Dixie Normous
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Dixie Normous » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Why don’t we all just ignore all this and focus on football . We are losing our minds with it all .
Oh hang on I’ve just done what I’m suggesting we don’t do . See it’s made me mad .

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:20 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:05 pm
Interesting that Combat Claret has outed himself as the most racist person on this thread.

He’s fallen into the trap of “you’re white so your views on racism aren’t worth as much as those of a black person”.

That in itself is racist.
The most valuable opinions are often from people with experience.
This is why I value Dyche's opinion on if Vyrda should play over anyone's on this board.
That's not racist it's prioritizing context and experience, many on here have neither.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:42 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:20 pm
The most valuable opinions are often from people with experience.
You're absolutely right. Laurence Fox's lived experience should not be discounted lightly.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:32 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:42 pm
You're absolutely right. Laurence Fox's lived experience should not be discounted lightly.
Experience of what, white male western privilege? :roll:

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:40 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:32 pm
That's not how he seems to see this particular issue. I'm sorry, you seemed to be suggesting that we should accept people's perception and their "lived experience". Is that not what you meant?

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:19 pm

If you are born in BB10, attend a chaotic, overcrowded primary school, with your parent(s) on a zero-hour contract, graduate to 3rd-rate secondary school, get shunted onto a pointless college course you were promised would be useful but turned out to be completely useless, then working a zero-hour job yourself, without any realistic prospect of owning a nice house, only to be told by affluent liberals you are actually in receipt of an unfair privilege on account of being born white, and that you are actually perpetuating such white privilege by getting annoyed in response, might be somewhat irritating.

It's a rich vein for the far-right to tap into. And they do. Very successfully.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Now says the inclusion of a Sikh solider in the film 1917 was 'incongrous' and 'forcing diversity on people'.

Despite Indian and Sikh troops serving on the Western Front from 1914 and many examples exist of them fighting in regiments or groups that were not exclusivly Sikh.

He's basically the new media go to dog whistle guy.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:41 pm

He's a **** but very, very useful in getting our usual set of right-wing, gobshite arseholes out into the open again. All present and correct.

Well played, that man.
washed up.jpg
washed up.jpg (14.57 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

BigRedrose
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by BigRedrose » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:03 pm

How very profound eddie. So, Lawrence Fox is a ****, and anyone who may believe his argument may have had some validity, is a 'Gobshite arsehole.'
You must come and join my debating society, we're always on the lookout for such insightful, measured voices.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Hes triggered another one of the bed wetters I see
This user liked this post: claretandy

BigRedrose

Post by BigRedrose » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Triggered?' Is this a new term the youngsters are using nowadays? Care to explain sonny?

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:24 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:32 pm
More evidence of my earlier point, Combat is the list racist person on this thread.

He can’t even see it in himself.

He cites white privilege and essentially works on the assumption that if you’re white you’ve not experienced racism.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:37 pm

The tolerant leftie luvvies are at it again I see. If you are a white male who’s doing reasonable in life then you are automatically the bottom of the pile according to the social warriors.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:39 pm

BigRedrose wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:03 pm
How very profound eddie. So, Lawrence Fox is a ****, and anyone who may believe his argument may have had some validity, is a 'Gobshite arsehole.'
You must come and join my debating society, we're always on the lookout for such insightful, measured voices.

Yes.

Yes.

Er, no thanks, I'll let you hold your maths debates on your own. ;)

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:59 pm

There really is no hope for some of the left wing idiots on this thread. I am glad the silent majority spoke and decimated you in the latest election. Long may it continue.

*From a white privileged male :roll: *

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:50 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:24 pm
More evidence of my earlier point, Combat is the list racist person on this thread.

He can’t even see it in himself.

He cites white privilege and essentially works on the assumption that if you’re white you’ve not experienced racism.
Of course white people can experience racism, anyone can.
What we don't have is the long history of societal and sometimes institutionalized racism that people of color have had to endure for a long, long time. Racism so minor and ingrained due to our European colonialist history it might not even be recognized by some, regarding ourselfs as the normal and everyone else as the 'other'. At the same time being blind to the passive advantages that white people may not recognize they have.

So I find it very hard when large number of white people try to take ownership of the debate and dictate terms from a position of ignorance.
This user liked this post: AndrewJB

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:49 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:50 pm
... regarding ourselfs as the normal and everyone else as the 'other'. ...
That, I think, is the crux of your problem. Why do you think that we should be split into "normal" and "other"? People are just people, regardless of skin colour. "Normal" has a much wider range than you are giving it. I know there are a lot of people who want to perpetuate the differences between white and black; but I think it's time we moved on. As Martin Luther King was hoping, that his children could be judged on the content of their character rather than the colour of their skin; we can't get there until these "normal and other" prejudices are cleared.

How about we just treat people as people for a trial period, instead of arguing for a sort of cultural apartheid? Special awards categories for black people?

At the extreme you reach idiocies like Bristol University cancelling a proposed performance of Aida because they hadn't enough black people to play the slaves. Supposedly because they were anti-racist, though in practice because they were too stupid to realise they were being pro-racist.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:10 am

dsr wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:49 pm
That, I think, is the crux of your problem. Why do you think that we should be split into "normal" and "other"? People are just people, regardless of skin colour. "Normal" has a much wider range than you are giving it. I know there are a lot of people who want to perpetuate the differences between white and black; but I think it's time we moved on. As Martin Luther King was hoping, that his children could be judged on the content of their character rather than the colour of their skin; we can't get there until these "normal and other" prejudices are cleared.

How about we just treat people as people for a trial period, instead of arguing for a sort of cultural apartheid? Special awards categories for black people?

At the extreme you reach idiocies like Bristol University cancelling a proposed performance of Aida because they hadn't enough black people to play the slaves. Supposedly because they were anti-racist, though in practice because they were too stupid to realise they were being pro-racist.
Combat isn't advocating seeing people as "normal or other" - but pointing out that a lot of people do this, perhaps without even thinking about it. Your last paragraph illustrates the point.

Quoting Martin Luther King is great, but it's not empathy, and that should be the start of your journey. There are people who lived through the "no blacks, no dogs, and no Irish" signs on pubs. And there is still racism in Britain.

Dazzler
Been Liked: 874 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:24 am

dsr wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:49 pm
How about we just treat people as people for a trial period,
Please believe me,I do,until they bring up religion and politics.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 am

Stone him,

how dare he disagree with the painfully woke bed wetters.
This user liked this post: Damo

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 am

"painfully woke bed wetters" :lol:
Whilst wearing their sandals, too, one assumes ?
It's a nervous little life you lead, isn't it, andy......bless.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 am

Damo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:15 pm
Hes triggered another one of the bed wetters I see

Aye, I think I have. It didn't take long for one of the racist scumbags to have my criticism removed.

How very brave, how very liberal of you, Blackrod and Co. ! :lol:

Truth hurts ? You must be writhing in agony, boys.

BigRedrose

Post by BigRedrose » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:55 am

:evil:
evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 am
Aye, I think I have. It didn't take long for one of the racist scumbags to have my criticism removed.

How very brave, how very liberal of you, Blackrod and Co. ! :lol:

Truth hurts ? You must be writhing in agony, boys.
So, let me get this straight, are you now saying the moderator team on this site will actively remove anti racist posts?
If so what are you implying?

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:02 pm

Well someone asked them to, buddy, and it wasn't me ! :roll:

This is the problem with our pack of cowardly,racist brethren. Anybody challenging their view is immediately labelled as a woke, bed-wetting, liberal, remoaner, sandal-wearing snowflake(I'm sure I've missed some but I really can't be arsed).
You point out their racism and they squawk their innocence. They'll not admit to their support of racism but it's there, disguised true enough, but it's there. The OP is an excellent example of this. A snidey, cowardly way of trivialising a very real and dangerous issue.

BigRedrose

Post by BigRedrose » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Forget your, This is the problem,' rubbish. I'll ask you again, are you accusing the mod team of ACTIVELY removing anti racist posts?

karatekid
Been Liked: 1103 times
Has Liked: 316 times

Post by karatekid » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 pm

“When I'm born I'm black, when I grow up I'm black, when I'm in the sun I'm black, when I'm sick I'm black, when I die I'm black, and you... when you're born you're pink, when you grow up you're white, when you're cold you're blue, when you're sick you're blue, when you die you're green and you dare call me colored”
― Oglala Lakota

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm

BigRedrose wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:58 pm
Forget your, This is the problem,' rubbish. I'll ask you again, are you accusing the mod team of ACTIVELY removing anti racist posts?

And I'll repeat ; someone removed the anti-racist post, "ACTIVELY" - whatever that means or "INACTIVELY" :lol: and it sure as hell wasn't me....so you must draw your own conclusions as to who asked for the post to be removed, what their motive was and why the mods supported the request.
I'm not a mod nor a whingeing racist so I wouldn't know.

BigRedrose

Post by BigRedrose » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:32 pm

So eddie, for the third time of asking, do you believe the mods are racist or not?

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:35 pm

Calm down Eddy. It's only a post. You have plenty more just like the one you lost