This guys greed knows no bounds

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Steve1956
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 3255 times
Has Liked: 1617 times
Location: Fife

This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:07 pm

What a Arseh0le.
ESlOOt4WkAAo0lV.jpeg.jpg
ESlOOt4WkAAo0lV.jpeg.jpg (520.4 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
This user liked this post: Bosscat

joey13
Posts: 4770
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm
Been Liked: 1095 times
Has Liked: 883 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by joey13 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:12 pm

Correct ,no shame

Steve1956
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 3255 times
Has Liked: 1617 times
Location: Fife

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:14 pm

joey13 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:12 pm
Correct ,no shame
Never liked Redknapp, his son is just as greasy,money mad cockney asshole.

IanMcL
Posts: 18276
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:27 pm
Been Liked: 3628 times
Has Liked: 4220 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by IanMcL » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:18 pm

Can't help it.

Gordaleman
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 pm
Been Liked: 316 times
Has Liked: 284 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Gordaleman » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:25 pm

He's another Big Sam, except Big Sam's dog didn't have a bank account.

TVC15
Posts: 7508
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2980 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by TVC15 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:29 pm

He’s a crook who somehow seems to get away with it with a lot of the public because he mentions his wife a lot and won a reality show which he was paid a fortune for appearing.

One of the dodgiest managers in the history of the game for the amount of shady transfers and agents backhand deals.
On top of this he is a tax dodger
And on top of this has been involved in spread betting irregularities in his days at West Ham.

bfcjg
Posts: 6221
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 2359 times
Has Liked: 2272 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by bfcjg » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:33 pm

He'll talk his way out of it with help from his media mates and of course Saaaaandra.

Silkyskills1
Posts: 3517
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 pm
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 1352 times
Location: Rawtenstall

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:07 pm
What a Arseh0le.ESlOOt4WkAAo0lV.jpeg.jpg
As Barry Taylor,( Timothy Spall) electrician in Auf Wiedersehen,Pet said of Terry Leather,London crook and wideboy 'Despicable people'.

ZizkovClaret
Posts: 4727
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:50 pm
Been Liked: 1437 times
Has Liked: 1918 times
Location: Praha
Contact:

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by ZizkovClaret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Man gets, admittedly overpaid, for job

Not sure what the story is here tbh

Rileybobs
Posts: 7765
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3250 times
Has Liked: 744 times
Location: Leeds

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:39 pm

He got paid for promoting a charity? What’s wrong with that? Unless I’m missing part of the story.

ClaretMov
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:13 pm
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 132 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by ClaretMov » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:41 pm

I'm more interested in Kelly
This user liked this post: Giftonsnoidea

Colburn_Claret
Posts: 4370
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:30 pm
Been Liked: 1670 times
Has Liked: 2457 times
Location: Catterick N.Yorks

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:41 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:33 pm
He'll talk his way out of it with help from his media mates and of course Saaaaandra.
Blame it on the dog.

Colburn_Claret
Posts: 4370
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:30 pm
Been Liked: 1670 times
Has Liked: 2457 times
Location: Catterick N.Yorks

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Come on, he's a geezer inn he. That's what geezers do nudge nudge wink wink say no more

Local cricketer
Posts: 856
Joined: Mon May 13, 2019 5:46 pm
Been Liked: 160 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Local cricketer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:45 pm

Dodgy 2nd hand car salesman

thatdberight
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:52 pm

The charity sector has thousands of people either contributing their time and effort for nothing or working as a vocation for less than they could. It's also got thousands of people taking fat salaries for achieving very little away from any of the normal oversight that a job would entail.

tim_noone
Posts: 14366
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3682 times
Has Liked: 12635 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by tim_noone » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:57 pm

Pillar of society.

Bosscat
Posts: 9430
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 7269 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Bosscat » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:03 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:57 pm
Pillar of society.
You missed the K off Pillar Timbob it should read

Pillark of society.... :D
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Buxtonclaret

tim_noone
Posts: 14366
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3682 times
Has Liked: 12635 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by tim_noone » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:03 pm
You missed the K off Pillar Timbob it should read

Pillark of society.... :D
Sorry I rushed it... indeed he is.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3098
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 363 times
Has Liked: 276 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:36 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:29 pm
He’s a crook who somehow seems to get away with it with a lot of the public because he mentions his wife a lot and won a reality show which he was paid a fortune for appearing.

One of the dodgiest managers in the history of the game for the amount of shady transfers and agents backhand deals.
On top of this he is a tax dodger
And on top of this has been involved in spread betting irregularities in his days at West Ham.
All the betting allegations were denied & the FA probe went nowhere, apart from that you might have a point.

Dark Cloud
Posts: 3702
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:03 am
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1228 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:38 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:41 pm
I'm more interested in Kelly
Or should that read "Kelly's"???? :o

Steve1956
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 3255 times
Has Liked: 1617 times
Location: Fife

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:42 pm

ZizkovClaret wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:34 pm
Man gets, admittedly overpaid, for job

Not sure what the story is here tbh
I just saw the headline didn't need to read the story grade one bellend along with Sandra Jamie & Rosie the dog
This user liked this post: Bosscat

TVC15
Posts: 7508
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2980 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by TVC15 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:36 pm
All the betting allegations were denied & the FA probe went nowhere, apart from that you might have a point.
I take it you have not seen the West Ham game in question where the spread bets were made ? It’s the most obvious betting fix I have ever seen in a football game but it was at the advent of spread betting without the laws and regulation that came later.

Oh and you mean the FA probe where he said he could not read or write and it was his dogs fault ?

But other than that your support for straight up Harry is commendable...did he get a speeding ticket too ?

Getting off with something and being able to utilise very expensive lawyers does not mean you didn’t do it.

Big Sam was literally caught on camera paying agents and then said he had no idea his own son was taking back handers on the players BFS was himself signing for “undisclosed fees” - he didn’t get done either.

Elizabeth
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:13 am
Been Liked: 311 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Elizabeth » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:56 pm

I think he owes his wife a few mentions in the media after he nearly killed her, driving off with her still not fully out of the car

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3098
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 363 times
Has Liked: 276 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:57 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:45 pm
I take it you have not seen the West Ham game in question where the spread bets were made ? It’s the most obvious betting fix I have ever seen in a football game but it was at the advent of spread betting without the laws and regulation that came later.

Oh and you mean the FA probe where he said he could not read or write and it was his dogs fault ?

But other than that your support for straight up Harry is commendable...did he get a speeding ticket too ?

Getting off with something and being able to utilise very expensive lawyers does not mean you didn’t do it.

Big Sam was literally caught on camera paying agents and then said he had no idea his own son was taking back handers on the players BFS was himself signing for “undisclosed fees” - he didn’t get done either.
The rest of the post might have been correct, even though it doesn't look good while no concrete proof exists it's wise to reserve judgement. There's enough dirt on Harry to be had, without making things up we can't be 100% sure about

Bosscat
Posts: 9430
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 7269 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Bosscat » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:53 pm
Redknapp & Allardyce would make damn fine scousers......;)
Sounds like a Dickensian firm of dodgy Lawyers...

Emphasis on 'DODGY'

TVC15
Posts: 7508
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2980 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by TVC15 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:06 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:57 pm
The rest of the post might have been correct, even though it doesn't look good while no concrete proof exists it's wise to reserve judgement. There's enough dirt on Harry to be had, without making things up we can't be 100% sure about
Who is making things up ?
I know for a fact about the spread betting and that he instigated a very substantial spread bet and got players in his team involved to execute it. I had a friend who worked in the betting industry at the time - it was before they had the monitoring systems in place to track irregular sports betting volumes.
As for the dog incident that was very well reported.

It’s fine that you choose to believe he is innocent though - quite a champion of the criminal world aren’t you ? Maybe it’s just another money making scam by the HMRC wasting time and money Investigating good old innocent salt of the earth people like Harry.

Tricky Trevor
Posts: 3800
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm
Been Liked: 1002 times
Has Liked: 989 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:11 pm

I’m surprised folk are surprised. Dodgy footballer managers goes back forever.
Managers getting a percentage on player transfers, in and out, is outrageous and should be illegal. They are paid to manage a team that means get results and improve players not take a cut for improving players.

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3098
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 363 times
Has Liked: 276 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:13 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:06 pm
Who is making things up ?
I know for a fact about the spread betting and that he instigated a very substantial spread bet and got players in his team involved to execute it. I had a friend who worked in the betting industry at the time - it was before they had the monitoring systems in place to track irregular sports betting volumes.
As for the dog incident that was very well reported.

It’s fine that you choose to believe he is innocent though - quite a champion of the criminal world aren’t you ? Maybe it’s just another money making scam by the HMRC wasting time and money Investigating good old innocent salt of the earth people like Harry.
I like to deal in facts, I know it's a inconvenient obstacle towards some narratives, the facts are - all the allegations were denied & the FA found no wrongdoings,
I'm not on some sort of crusade defending HR, it's murky enough as it is, let's be consistent with the truth & what we know to be fact, it's not too much to ask is it?

Rileybobs
Posts: 7765
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3250 times
Has Liked: 744 times
Location: Leeds

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Past misdemeanours aside, I’m still to see anyone explain what exactly he’s done wrong here?

TVC15
Posts: 7508
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2980 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by TVC15 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:13 pm
I like to deal in facts, I know it's a inconvenient obstacle towards some narratives, the facts are - all the allegations were denied & the FA found no wrongdoings,
I'm not on some sort of crusade defending HR, it's murky enough as it is, let's be consistent with the truth & what we know to be fact, it's not too much to ask is it?
You mean you like to deal with facts when it suits you ?
I’ve already said you are entitled to your opinion.

My opinion and that of many people is that he was guilty as hell of both the incidents I mentioned - one because I know the facts and the second because it was one of the most ridiculous excuses I have ever heard. My opinion is that he had very clever and expensive lawyers and they managed to get him off with it...but that he still did it.

You are talking about these incidents like he hasn’t been ridiculed all over the media for getting off with them.

You are one weird fish.

Dark Cloud
Posts: 3702
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:03 am
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1228 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm
Past misdemeanours aside, I’m still to see anyone explain what exactly he’s done wrong here?
I think the implication is that if you're a celeb promoting/supporting a charity you should be donating "yourself" for free. I'm not a celebrity (you'll be surprised to hear!) so I don't know what normal practice is in these situations, but I remember being somewhat shocked when Wogan was outed as getting a huge fee to do "Children in Need" each year when (apparently) everyone else who takes part does it for free. I believe Wogan quickly changed his stance after that came out and made it clear he would no longer be taking his pay for that show.
Last edited by Dark Cloud on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakubclaret
Posts: 3098
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Been Liked: 363 times
Has Liked: 276 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:24 pm
You mean you like to deal with facts when it suits you ?
I’ve already said you are entitled to your opinion.

My opinion and that of many people is that he was guilty as hell of both the incidents I mentioned - one because I know the facts and the second because it was one of the most ridiculous excuses I have ever heard. My opinion is that he had very clever and expensive lawyers and they managed to get him off with it...but that he still did it.

You are talking about these incidents like he hasn’t been ridiculed all over the media for getting off with them.

You are one weird fish.
"Getting off with them" probably based on a lack of evidence, I'll leave you to it, good day.

TVC15
Posts: 7508
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2980 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by TVC15 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:30 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm
"Getting off with them" probably based on a lack of evidence, I'll leave you to it, good day.
Ok no problem - enjoy your drive out..(you obtuse %#%%)
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Rileybobs
Posts: 7765
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3250 times
Has Liked: 744 times
Location: Leeds

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:33 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:27 pm
I think the implication is that if you're promoting/supporting a charity you should be donating "yourself" for free. I'm not a celebrity (you'll be surprised to hear!) so I don't know what normal practice is in these situations, but I remember being somewhat shocked when Wogan was outed as getting a huge fee to do "Children in Need" each year when (apparently) everyone else who takes part does it for free. I believe Wogan quickly changed his stance after that came out and made it clear he would no longer be taking his pay for that show.
Have you ever been to a charity dinner etc? Do you think the ‘celebrities’ that compere these events do it for free? If Redknapp is offered a sum of money to promote a charity and therefore increase its exposure why should he not oblige? Without knowing the guy I’d hazard a guess that Harry Redknapp has donated significantly more money to charity than any of those on this thread who are criticising him.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone Bosscat

Bosscat
Posts: 9430
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 7269 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Bosscat » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:33 pm
Have you ever been to a charity dinner etc? Do you think the ‘celebrities’ that compere these events do it for free? If Redknapp is offered a sum of money to promote a charity and therefore increase its exposure why should he not oblige? Without knowing the guy I’d hazard a guess that Harry Redknapp has donated significantly more money to charity than any of those on this thread who are criticising him.
He is still a complete and utter knob though :D :D :D
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Pimlico_Claret
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:08 am
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 647 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:39 pm

Never got the love-in with him, grade A two hat, always has been.

CombatClaret
Posts: 3387
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm
Been Liked: 1488 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Celebrity gets paid to endorse thing... wow, who knew.

Granny WeatherWax
Posts: 1348
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 38 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:39 pm

All those thousands of people who work for charities and get paid, hang them, hang them I say.

Lads, you do realise corona doesn’t give you Coronavirus don’t you?

Aclaret
Posts: 1578
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:16 pm
Been Liked: 434 times
Has Liked: 550 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Aclaret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Poor chap needs all the cash he can get his hands on, leave him alone, it can't be cheap living on Millionaires row on Sandbanks !

RingoMcCartney
Posts: 9372
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2487 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:14 pm

And to think that this spiv was , when there was an England manager vacancy, frequently described, by the London-centric media as , "The People's Choice!"

Aye oreight, the "people" with a penchant for pie,mash, liquor, jellied eels and old bamboo!!!
This user liked this post: longsidepies

claretblue
Posts: 4796
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:36 pm
Been Liked: 1372 times
Has Liked: 785 times
Location: cloud 9 since Dyche appointed

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by claretblue » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm
Past misdemeanours aside, I’m still to see anyone explain what exactly he’s done wrong here?
wonder if he intended declaring the cash payment...or would dog claim it as expenses?

woof!

karatekid
Posts: 2004
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm
Been Liked: 751 times
Has Liked: 218 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by karatekid » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:27 pm

He needs the money to fund his sandbanks lifestyle. Diamond geezer is Harry.

Rileybobs
Posts: 7765
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3250 times
Has Liked: 744 times
Location: Leeds

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:28 pm

claretblue wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:24 pm
wonder if he intended declaring the cash payment...or would dog claim it as expenses?

woof!
Just for clarity Redknapp didn’t claim that it was his dog’s bank account.

claretblue
Posts: 4796
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:36 pm
Been Liked: 1372 times
Has Liked: 785 times
Location: cloud 9 since Dyche appointed

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by claretblue » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:36 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:28 pm
Just for clarity Redknapp didn’t claim that it was his dog’s bank account.
hope he doesn't lose d'is temper! :?

Claret Toni
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:44 pm
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Claret Toni » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:28 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:11 pm
I’m surprised folk are surprised. Dodgy footballer managers goes back forever.
Don Readies, anyone?

Bosscat
Posts: 9430
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 7269 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Bosscat » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:28 pm
Just for clarity Redknapp didn’t claim that it was his dog’s bank account.
His dog did......


🐕Wuff 🐕Wuff

dsr
Posts: 10525
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:47 pm
Been Liked: 3073 times
Has Liked: 1313 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by dsr » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:49 pm

As far as the dog is concerned, the facts as admitted by Redknapp are that he went out to Monaco to open an account there using the name of his dog as an alias, and that he deposited $295,000 of money which he earned under the terms of his contract at Portsmouth, and which he received from Portsmouth, in that bank account. That income was UK taxable income and he did not declare it to the taxman, he did not pay tax on it.

Three years later he was investigated for tax disclosure during which he was asked to (and presumably agreed to, since he wasn't prosecuted) make a full signed disclosure that all his income had been declared. He still did not declare this $295,000.

Eventually the money was found and he was prosecuted. His defence was that he is stupid to the point of being unfit to be let out, and that his boss at Portsmouth was crooked and that his accountant was crooked but that he was as honest as the day is long. That defence was accepted by the jury. :roll:

So if you say he is a criminal tax dodger, you would have to be able to stand by that in a court of libel. (Which is decided on balance of probability, so the fact he wasn't convicted doesn't mean you'd lose!) But if you just say that large amounts of money on which he should have paid tax were taken to Monaco and were hidden from the taxman, then you are on 100% solid ground.

boatshed bill
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 am
Been Liked: 1200 times
Has Liked: 2669 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:39 pm
He got paid for promoting a charity? What’s wrong with that? Unless I’m missing part of the story.
Well, when you have the sort of wealth he enjoys, he could have done it for nothing.

Giftonsnoidea
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:56 pm
Been Liked: 185 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:07 pm

I think Kelly Brook might be a new Cockney rhyming slang? I’d say deffo!

Rileybobs
Posts: 7765
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 3250 times
Has Liked: 744 times
Location: Leeds

Re: This guys greed knows no bounds

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:15 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:03 pm
Well, when you have the sort of wealth he enjoys, he could have done it for nothing.
Can you imagine how many charities must approach people like Harry Redknapp? Should he give up his time for free every time every time he’s asked?

Post Reply