Car broken into

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Re: Car broken into

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:06 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:04 pm
They might take an active interest if so-called adults are using juveniles to do their thieving. At least I would hope so.
Fingers crossed

atlantalad
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:05 am

May be upload images/ video of the said scroates on this bb, before handing to police, then we are all made aware of the sc_m.

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:33 am

My genuine sympathies. However, you can’t expect those numbers to pass without a mention, they are well above average. A burglar would do well to get £1k from my house and I earn well.

I’ve just had a tot up, it’s me not you, my wife has confirmed I’m a tight sod, never buy anything new, new buy anything nice....... wish I hadn’t mentioned it now, it’s going to end up costing me money this.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:42 am

Never leave your car with USB cables plugged in.
Custom stereo headplates in.
Phone or sat nav holders or even traces (circles) where you can see one is used.
Never hide anything in the glove compartment.

May seem bothersome but taking these steps drastically reduced your chances of being a target.

Not doing so is a bit like walking alone in dodgy areas with white earbuds showing making you statistically higher of becoming a target of robbery.

.. or parking a car with alloys on the street in Liverpool.

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:48 pm

I think you are right in down-playing what the Police will do.

Down here in Manchester, unless you can get a close up, clear image of their face,
GMP would simply not be interested.

You might get heights and builds, skin colour, what they were wearing and what bikes they were riding etc.
but they will not be interested.

Good luck.

We had this in Jan.
Wife drives a Fiat Panda. She also carries a 36" 'calling drum' which she uses whilst teaching music to toddlers
and babies. Too big for the boot,so they put rear window through and had that away from the back seat.
I hope they enjoyed trying to sell that! :lol: