Five guys a week

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Post Reply
Quickenthetempo
Posts: 9990
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1254 times

Five guys a week

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:51 pm

Program on Ch4 where 5 lads go and stop at a lasses house for a week and then she chooses one to date.

This episode is based in Burnley with a Burnley lass.

On now until 10.30pm

evensteadiereddie
Posts: 6293
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1896 times
Has Liked: 5420 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Five guys a week

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:54 pm

A Burnley lass only having five guys a week ?
These 3 users liked this post: tim_noone Taffy on the wing bobinho

Pimlico_Claret
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:08 am
Been Liked: 572 times
Has Liked: 644 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:55 pm

Burnley lass? 5 guys a night surely?

IanMcL
Posts: 18245
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:27 pm
Been Liked: 3623 times
Has Liked: 4208 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by IanMcL » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:57 pm

Oh Bur n ley is wonderful!

rayzer
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:39 pm
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by rayzer » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:00 pm

Embarrassing.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 6589
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2554 times
Has Liked: 486 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:06 pm

With it being in Burnley they should have made it 6
These 2 users liked this post: basil6345789 Zlatan

Funkydrummer
Posts: 6532
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm
Been Liked: 2374 times
Has Liked: 1618 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Is it any wonder that diseases pass around so quickly, and that the world is going to hell in
a handcart when our esteemed media deem it appropriate to present sh!te like this to the
public who, in turn, lap it up like it's some form of suitable behaviour and the norm for our
perceived warped view of decent living.

Fill your boots everyone, if you must.
These 4 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 Gordaleman bobinho Corky

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 9990
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1254 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:19 pm

It was certainly very low budget television but I kept watching with the Burnley connection.

The lack of football has made me watch ch4 for the first time in ages.

padihamclaret
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:01 pm
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Five guys a week

Post by padihamclaret » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm

Could you imagine if the program was called 5 girls a week and the genders were swapped round?
There's be outcry at the sexist and demeaning nature of the program.

bob-the-scutter
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:25 pm
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 945 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by bob-the-scutter » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm

Next episode is about a lad from Blackburn.
MY KITCHEN FOR A HORSE.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Wirvine

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6774
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2280 times
Has Liked: 462 times
Location: Earth

Re: Five guys a week

Post by ClaretAndJew » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:27 pm

padihamclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm
Could you imagine if the program was called 5 girls a week and the genders were swapped round?
There's be outcry at the sexist and demeaning nature of the program.
Would there?

MACCA
Posts: 12102
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3120 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by MACCA » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:29 pm

It's just across from me, we walked past several times s day whilst they were filming it over the summer.
We had to have traffic lights put in place as there were that many van's and equipment needed for filming.
Actually surprising having watched it how much stuff was needed for such a low budget programme.

Quickenthetempo
Posts: 9990
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1254 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:33 pm

MACCA wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:29 pm
It's just across from me, we walked past several times s day whilst they were filming it over the summer.
We had to have traffic lights put in place as there were that many van's and equipment needed for filming.
Actually surprising having watched it how much stuff was needed for such a low budget programme.
Is the guy still popping round?

Billy Balfour
Posts: 1632
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Been Liked: 657 times
Has Liked: 246 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:51 pm

padihamclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm
Could you imagine if the program was called 5 girls a week and the genders were swapped round?
There's be outcry at the sexist and demeaning nature of the program.
There has been such a 'programme'. I remember flicking through some trash TV a few years ago and some bloke had the pick of 10 women.

chipbutty
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 11:44 pm
Been Liked: 64 times
Has Liked: 104 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by chipbutty » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:15 pm

MACCA wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:29 pm
It's just across from me, we walked past several times s day whilst they were filming it over the summer.
We had to have traffic lights put in place as there were that many van's and equipment needed for filming.
Actually surprising having watched it how much stuff was needed for such a low budget programme.
Not many houses opposite that area of Park Lane Macca!
It appears we are neighbours.

claretblue
Posts: 4784
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:36 pm
Been Liked: 1369 times
Has Liked: 785 times
Location: cloud 9 since Dyche appointed

Re: Five guys a week

Post by claretblue » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:41 pm

chipbutty wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:15 pm
Not many houses opposite that area of Park Lane Macca!
It appears we are neighbours.
You should qualify for a rate rebate! :D
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Taffy on the wing
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:41 am
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 863 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:27 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:06 pm
With it being in Burnley they should have made it 6
One for each finger?

jrgbfc
Posts: 4438
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Been Liked: 1092 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:59 am

I normally hate programs like that but watched it for the Burnley connection. Desperate times with no footy on! Looked like Manny Rd area to me?

AlargeClaret
Posts: 2018
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm
Been Liked: 638 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:11 am

I actually thought this was a program about the Burger chain !! I take it they all boned her ?

Bfcboyo
Posts: 1967
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm
Been Liked: 408 times
Has Liked: 342 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Bfcboyo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:29 am

More look at me attention seeking TV. But while the mindless masses will watch it the producers will make it.

And if it continues to keep them in a comatosed state , happy and cooperative then what harm can it do.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

MACCA
Posts: 12102
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3120 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by MACCA » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:42 am

chipbutty wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:15 pm
Not many houses opposite that area of Park Lane Macca!
It appears we are neighbours.
I'm not actually on Park lane, next 1 down.

I think theres quite a few of us on here, I've spoken to a couple of different posters whilst out with the dog.
There's a couple of others who have seen me on the school run, walking dog or go ightenhill park with their dog but yet to put a face to the usernames.

MACCA
Posts: 12102
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3120 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by MACCA » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:45 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:59 am
I normally hate programs like that but watched it for the Burnley connection. Desperate times with no footy on! Looked like Manny Rd area to me?
Park lane, just behind the Tim Bobbin.
I'm never sure whether to call it ightenhill or not.

MACCA
Posts: 12102
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3120 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by MACCA » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:50 am

claretblue wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:41 pm
You should qualify for a rate rebate! :D
They've just gone up... again!

We all need a rebate, services have gone backwards or none existent yet fees go up

Cant remember the last time I saw a road sweeper or litter picker.
They are a permanent fixture on Colne road/daneshouse!

chipbutty
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 11:44 pm
Been Liked: 64 times
Has Liked: 104 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by chipbutty » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:13 pm

MACCA wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:42 am
I'm not actually on Park lane, next 1 down.

I think theres quite a few of us on here, I've spoken to a couple of different posters whilst out with the dog.
There's a couple of others who have seen me on the school run, walking dog or go ightenhill park with their dog but yet to put a face to the usernames.
I live on Brassey St messen!

chipbutty
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 11:44 pm
Been Liked: 64 times
Has Liked: 104 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by chipbutty » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:14 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:59 am
I normally hate programs like that but watched it for the Burnley connection. Desperate times with no footy on! Looked like Manny Rd area to me?
Filmed at a house on park Lane, but they definitely showed a clip of Rosehill Road, opposite Healey Heights.

bfcjg
Posts: 6206
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 2265 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by bfcjg » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:56 pm

Is she having a boy or girl and has the father owned up?

bfcjg
Posts: 6206
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 2265 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by bfcjg » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:04 am

bfcjg wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:56 pm
Is she having a boy or girl and has the father owned up?
Tim has just fessed up.

Long Time Lurker
Posts: 956
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 453 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:03 am

I saw a clip of a previous episode on Goggle box, so when I noticed the most recent episode was set in Burnley I tuned in.

I won't be watching it again. Awful TV and in a time when equality is being advocating the idea of five blokes pandering after a woman ( without alternating episodes were five women chase a bloke ) is a bit nauseating. Although Barry the slimy little **** bag didn't advocate the cause of the male sex very well. The high point was when he took the general questioning of the woman as a personal accusation and then hung himself by blurting out a confession - that was very funny and satisfying on a karmic level.

Pottering around the womans house and seeing lots of literature quotes on boards was interesting. We enjoyed playing spot the books. However, the absence of any Burnley FC tokens was concerning - she needs to sort her priorities out ;)

It was a shame we didn't get to see much of Burnley itself, other than the Works and her street. However, No62 in Colne, the place they visited for afternoon tea, looked really good.
This user liked this post: HieronymousBoschHobs

tim_noone
Posts: 14346
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3679 times
Has Liked: 12620 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by tim_noone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:31 am

bfcjg wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:04 am
Tim has just fessed up.
Fcuk all to do with me.... :cry:

HieronymousBoschHobs
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:26 pm
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:05 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:03 am
I saw a clip of a previous episode on Goggle box, so when I noticed the most recent episode was set in Burnley I tuned in.

I won't be watching it again. Awful TV and in a time when equality is being advocating the idea of five blokes pandering after a woman ( without alternating episodes were five women chase a bloke ) is a bit nauseating. Although Barry the slimy little **** bag didn't advocate the cause of the male sex very well. The high point was when he took the general questioning of the woman as a personal accusation and then hung himself by blurting out a confession - that was very funny and satisfying on a karmic level.

Pottering around the womans house and seeing lots of literature quotes on boards was interesting. We enjoyed playing spot the books. However, the absence of any Burnley FC tokens was concerning - she needs to sort her priorities out ;)

It was a shame we didn't get to see much of Burnley itself, other than the Works and her street. However, No62 in Colne, the place they visited for afternoon tea, looked really good.

Now that there’s no football to talk about you should start doing TV reviews 8-)
This user liked this post: tim_noone

MACCA
Posts: 12102
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3120 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by MACCA » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:11 am

chipbutty wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:13 pm
I live on Brassey St messen!
Yes very close then. I use the park and pass the area regularly with the dog.

Give me a wave or a hello if you see me

box_of_frogs
Posts: 3053
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:47 am
Been Liked: 670 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by box_of_frogs » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:22 am

Spent all my youth playing on Ightenhill Park. Happy times!

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 6129
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 3052 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 am

I saw a bit of this when it was repeated after seeing this thread. The woman seemed deranged.

tim_noone
Posts: 14346
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3679 times
Has Liked: 12620 times

Re: Five guys a week

Post by tim_noone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:42 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 am
I saw a bit of this when it was repeated after seeing this thread. The woman seemed deranged.
A Woman Deranged?..........mmmm..... :roll:

Post Reply