Boris Watch

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Re: Boris Watch

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:23 pm
Nobody's all good or all bad, but you've just set out to criticise him for the sake of it. Theres no objectivity, no reasoning just bullshit bias. No one objects to you having an opinion, or disagreeing with Boris, it's all subjective, but as others have said, you're so blinkered your whole opinion just gets dissed, ignored. We already know that whatever Boris does tomorrow is wrong, and the day after, and the day after that....You just dont win an argument acting like that.
Everybody is biased. For years I've seen many pages of blinkered rants about how Corbyn was the devil incarnate, and I'm quite sure you contributed to many of them as well. I didn't say you were just unrelentingly negative, but gave my opinion on how I thought you were wrong. With most of the attacks on Corbyn there was no reasoning, just bullshit bias. And most of it began with the latest attack on him from one of our "newspapers" - which attacked him daily, and of which few ever ran anything positive about him. To borrow more words from you, they were so blinkered that whatever Corbyn did, or was going to do in the future would be wrong, and the day after, and the day after that.

So if you can dole it out, then surely you can take it too? One main difference is, I'm not going to invent things about Johnson to attack him. No bullshit - just my bias. And like me you're perfectly free to defend your opinions or politicians you like. When you choose instead to accuse me of being mean and nasty, then you kind of lose the argument.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 pm
He told everyone to WASH THEIR HANDS?!? Sack him now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And today, he suggested it might be under control in about the same time as China has tackled the virus. Needs shooting, thinking about it!! :lol:

And who cares about opinion polls? Probably the Tories and Labour Party, I’d imagine.
You really need this explaining to you :roll:

He tells everyone to wash their hands instead of starting a lockdown

He wanted to start herd immunity then changed a matter of days later

Told people testing wasn’t necessary against WHO recommendations,now he’s done a u turn

Today he hopes the tide will turn in 12 weeks (it won’t )

He hopes people stop going to pubs (they won’t)

He hopes retailers will act responsible ( they won’t)

Why doesn’t he show some leadership instead of hoping ,make a decision,it’s not a laughing matter

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Boris and his tories decided to shoot all the Badgers rather than simply vaccinate them.

The advice was that shooting lots in one place shift the remaining Badgers to a new place, mixing with other Badgers. The unaffected become affected by any disease being carried.

No let's shoot. It's a good wheeze.

Outcome...disease spread to places never previously affected.
Aftertens of thousands of killing, they decide to take the original advice and vaccinate. W ankers.
Foot and mouth, swine vascular disease, mad cow.

Solution always to kill the animals. Why? Folk might not like to eat an animal vaccinated against something and yet folk gave to eat the same animals full of hormones and food infected by pesticides.

I have no confidence in politicians and experts are often not far removed. More a case of, "What would you like to hear, Prime Minister?"

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3804 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 pm

joey13 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Told people testing wasn’t necessary against WHO recommendations,now he’s done a u turn

Why doesn’t he show some leadership instead of hoping ,make a decision,it’s not a laughing matter
So you want complete lockdown of the whole nation?

I don’t! And I think if you do you’re in an absolute minority.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 pm
Corbyn would have loved this. He’d have let every company go bust and nationalised them all.

He must be kicking himself now for not backing Brexit.
Any other party would have put saving lives at the forefront of their efforts against the virus - just as they did in other countries. Only here did the party in power initially consider allowing lots of people to die to keep the economy running. There's an argument for this too. Take ethics out of the equation, and it could well work that a sudden die-off of older people would reduce the need for things like social care, that (by the non-ethical reasoning) just costs money without any financial gain, and businesses and the economic pulse keeps going, and we have a hit as lots of people get ill, but ninety-nine out of a hundred recover, and once we're through to the other side we're in a good position economically - especially compared to those economies battered because their governments cared about people. Another plus is that wealth trapped in creaking bank accounts can be freed up for the younger generations to spend, and the pension bill goes down. I wouldn't advance this argument myself, because I can't take ethics out of my decision making - but there might be people in government who could (especially when we consider the misery they brought to millions of fellow citizens through austerity).

There is more to the utter shambles of this government's way of dealing with the crisis. Schools close tomorrow, except for those which stay open to look after the children of "key workers". Do we know yet who the key workers are? Do the key workers know? Do the schools know which are staying open or not? What is the plan? On the radio a minister lazily said that people experiencing immediate hardship should go to their local council for help. That would be the same local council starved of funding for the last ten years.

A crisis of this level needs the government to take control of the economy, and have a plan. Any other political party would have had a plan, and this government doesn't appear to have one at all.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:16 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 pm
Any other party would have put saving lives at the forefront of their efforts against the virus - just as they did in other countries. Only here did the party in power initially consider allowing lots of people to die to keep the economy running. There's an argument for this too. Take ethics out of the equation, and it could well work that a sudden die-off of older people would reduce the need for things like social care, that (by the non-ethical reasoning) just costs money without any financial gain, and businesses and the economic pulse keeps going, and we have a hit as lots of people get ill, but ninety-nine out of a hundred recover, and once we're through to the other side we're in a good position economically - especially compared to those economies battered because their governments cared about people. Another plus is that wealth trapped in creaking bank accounts can be freed up for the younger generations to spend, and the pension bill goes down. I wouldn't advance this argument myself, because I can't take ethics out of my decision making - but there might be people in government who could (especially when we consider the misery they brought to millions of fellow citizens through austerity).

There is more to the utter shambles of this government's way of dealing with the crisis. Schools close tomorrow, except for those which stay open to look after the children of "key workers". Do we know yet who the key workers are? Do the key workers know? Do the schools know which are staying open or not? What is the plan? On the radio a minister lazily said that people experiencing immediate hardship should go to their local council for help. That would be the same local council starved of funding for the last ten years.

A crisis of this level needs the government to take control of the economy, and have a plan. Any other political party would have had a plan, and this government doesn't appear to have one at all.
Agree there is an economic argument to let the virus spread and get this over with. Save a quick vaccination, it’s going to happen anyway - we’ll all get it at some point. And I’d agree that option will have been considered by govt. They can’t do it though because of the impact on the NHS.

On the point of ethics, I think there equal ethical question regarding economic impact being far greater than the effects of the virus to many. Do I feel more sorry about the passing of an elderly person with underlying health issues or the father of two whose just lost his job/income and is worried about feeding his kids? Tough one.

That said, the death rates in a Italy are very concerning.

It’s a balancing act and I think Boris is seeking to give guidance rather than enforcement on the basis it will keep businesses running for longer as well as giving them more time to prepare for the inevitable. If people chose to ignore that guidance, you have to wonder if it’s the Govt or our own society at fault.

Do agree the detail of the governments advice seems to be slow in coming forward. These are unprecedented times moving at breakneck pace though, so I’m not sure many other Governments would be much better? Both my kids schools have sorted it for Monday by using common sense. It’s not that hard unless you expect the Government to do all the thinking for you.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:21 pm

NewClaret wrote:

If the government closed down pubs and restaurants they could claim insurance - but Johnson has some big financial backers from the insurance industry. You join the dots.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:23 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Boris and his tories decided to shoot all the Badgers rather than simply vaccinate them.

The advice was that shooting lots in one place shift the remaining Badgers to a new place, mixing with other Badgers. The unaffected become affected by any disease being carried.

Aftertens of thousands of killing, they decide to take the original advice and vaccinate. W ankers.

Solution always to kill the animals. Why? Folk might not like to eat an animal vaccinated against something and yet folk gave to eat the same animals full of hormones and food infected by pesticides.

I have no confidence in politicians and experts are often not far removed. More a case of, "What would you like to hear, Prime Minister?"
TB in badgers was rife because there was a huge, swelling population of them. They have no natural predators in the uk
I'm not the kind of person who would want to see any animal killed, but I'm sensible enough to understand that sometimes wild animal populations need to be managed

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:25 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Everybody is biased. For years I've seen many pages of blinkered rants about how Corbyn was the devil incarnate, and I'm quite sure you contributed to many of them as well. I didn't say you were just unrelentingly negative, but gave my opinion on how I thought you were wrong. With most of the attacks on Corbyn there was no reasoning, just bullshit bias. And most of it began with the latest attack on him from one of our "newspapers" - which attacked him daily, and of which few ever ran anything positive about him. To borrow more words from you, they were so blinkered that whatever Corbyn did, or was going to do in the future would be wrong, and the day after, and the day after that.

So if you can dole it out, then surely you can take it too? One main difference is, I'm not going to invent things about Johnson to attack him. No bullshit - just my bias. And like me you're perfectly free to defend your opinions or politicians you like. When you choose instead to accuse me of being mean and nasty, then you kind of lose the argument.
What was invented about Corbyn to attack him?

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:30 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:21 pm
If the government closed down pubs and restaurants they could claim insurance - but Johnson has some big financial backers from the insurance industry. You join the dots.
Utter nonsense. Insurance policies specifically exclude this type of pandemic. I know this because my own business has been reviewing its business disruption insurance this week and seeking legal advice. We were told it is excluded and that is standard.

Nice anti-Tory conspiracy theory though.
This user liked this post: Holtyclaret

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:39 pm

IanMcL wrote:

Some people want badgers but no hedgehogs, some want hedgehogs but no badgers. If you don't manage the population at all, you get both.

Badgers aren't cute and cuddly, nor are foxes - why do they get all the good press but rats are considered fair game? Because too many townies think they are cute and cuddly.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 am

Damo wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:25 pm
What was invented about Corbyn to attack him?
https://www.joe.co.uk/news/the-sun-sham ... nday-97629

I give you the whole of a search (he was never a Czech agent):

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source= ... CAg&uact=5

Corbyn isn't anti Semitic, but got this:

Find me a column in any right wing paper that is actually factual about Corbyn. Or even positive about him.

Find me a similar load of columns in left wing journals that lie about Johnson.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:38 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 am

Find me a column in any right wing paper that is actually factual about Corbyn. Or even positive about him.

They have no use for FACTS.......they prefer the may have's and could be's of their right wing media.
Journalism - shmernalism.

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:07 am

joey13 wrote:

You are right.....he's a blithering idiot!

In Los Angeles they have closed all bars and restaurants, Schools have been closed for a week, people are now being told to stay home...only essential people ( Bus drivers, shelf stockers/Grocery store employees, all who work in Hospitals etc)...read..previously 'low paid ****' are allowed to work.

They are using the Spanish flu of 1918 as a model.....Cities that practiced social distancing / Common sense, had MUCH better outcomes than ones that didn't.
They are emphasizing, that no-one has immunity to Covid-19 & if you are exposed you will very likely become infected & therefore become a carrier, and spread it. Greater LA has 10 million people....imagine if 25% get it at once? what do you do with 2.5 million sick people? The streets are deserted, the roads are quiet, it is a surreal scene, At least until April 19th...Schools until Autumn.
We have a Democratic / labour Mayor who has planned, and explained , and executed a plan based on 'Scientific Fact' & precedent .......Let's just see how things turn out......Science vs Boris the bozo (run it through the herd) Johnson.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:10 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 am

The anti semitic thing obviously comes from his friendship with groups like Hamas. And surrounding himself with anti semites. Even appointing one (naz shah) to his shadow cabinet.

You stated a few comments ago that Boris Johnson was refusing to shut pubs because he has insurance companies in his pockets.

You are just as bad as them. I think you need to have a good look in the mirror before claiming to be holier than the folk who slate Corbyn

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:20 am

Damo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:10 am
The anti semitic thing obviously comes from his friendship with groups like Hamas. And surrounding himself with anti semites. Even appointing one (naz shah) to his shadow cabinet.

You stated a few comments ago that Boris Johnson was refusing to shut pubs because he has insurance companies in his pockets.

You are just as bad as them. I think you need to have a good look in the mirror before claiming to be holier than the folk who slate Corbyn
Open thine eyes!.........follow the Money, all will be revealed!

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:20 am
Open thine eyes!.........follow the Money, all will be revealed!
Ah, people with money.
That's your issue

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:03 am

Damo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 am
Ah, people with money.
That's your issue
Idiotic response!....Follow the Money clearly means, to look for the person who's paying him to say it!
That's my issue.

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:19 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:38 am
They have no use for FACTS.......they prefer the may have's and could be's of their right wing media.
Journalism - shmernalism.
They,they,they! Have a listen to yourself you cretin. You're as bad as any of the 'opposite side', grow the **** up the lot of you.
This user liked this post: KateR

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:26 am

Damo wrote:

Johnson is good friends with Saudi - therefore he’s an Islamist terror sympathiser, as much as Corbyn is an anti Semite.

Johnson has not shut pubs or restaurants. How is that not to do with his financial backers?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:38 am

Damo wrote:

Continuing with right wing reasoning. Russian report - not released. Means Johnson knows Putin helped get him elected. Johnson is therefore a Russian agent. Time to get rid of the disgrace and chancer.

Johnson - chose brexit to further his own political career, which is why he kept us in on Oct 31st rather than die in a ditch. Actually why we’ll stay in by this time next year (my prediction).

This is what you did with Corbyn. Attack him for anything and everything. If you can dish it out...

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:24 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:38 am
Continuing with right wing reasoning. Russian report - not released. Means Johnson knows Putin helped get him elected. Johnson is therefore a Russian agent. Time to get rid of the disgrace and chancer.

Johnson - chose brexit to further his own political career, which is why he kept us in on Oct 31st rather than die in a ditch. Actually why we’ll stay in by this time next year (my prediction).

This is what you did with Corbyn. Attack him for anything and everything. If you can dish it out...
A Russian agent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't disagree with your prediction of today but yesterday you said next year we will crash out of the EU on WTO terms.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 am

taio wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:24 am
A Russian agent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't disagree with your prediction of today but yesterday you said next year we will crash out of the EU on WTO terms.
He was just teasing all us right wing fascists yesterday.

We all know we wont “crash out” on WTO terms! :(

joey13

Post by joey13 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 am

NewClaret wrote:

Yes only a complete lockdown will slow this down ,unfortunately it’s to late now and everyone will have to deal with the consequences.

Here in Jersey it was announced today 2 patients are infected,it may not sound a lot but they will have come into contact with at least 20 health workers who in turn could have passed it on to more patients, you see how it can spread ,people need to wake up , just look at what’s happening in Italy

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 am

AndrewJB wrote:

Your head has completely gone

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:04 am

Damo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 am
Your head has completely gone

Corbyn could bang Andrews mrs and he would blame Johnson
These 2 users liked this post: KateR tiger76

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:15 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Complete myth!

The bulk of business interruption insurance in this country will not allow or this. I know as I am involved in some small part in the leisure industry. Only policies that specifically requested and paid for such cover will have it and the government were quick to confirm with insurers that in those instances insurers will pay out based on the government advice.

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:17 am

AndrewJB wrote:

It’s plausible to think that BJ is a Russian agent. Consider this, despite promises to do so he has still not released the report on Russian meddling in UK elections. The government have, however, acknowledged that the report confirms that Russian actions did influence the outcome of elections. If he and the Conservative Party have nothing to hide why have they not released the report?

It’s a matter of record that the Conservative Party is supported by dirty Russian money. In the run up to the last general election Russians provided the majority of their donations. Putins ex wife paid £160,000 to play a game of tennis with BJ and a some of the Tory Parties biggest donors are close friends of President Putin. It is inconceivable that those donations would have been made without the knowledge and approval of the Russian President.

The Russian secret services openly murdered people in Salisbury yet the Conservatives are still accepting donations from Russian donors. Given that these donors all have close links to the Russian president that ordered the killing you would think that they would refuse to accept their money. They didn't; what does that tell you about the morals and ethics of the Conservatives?

There is also the question of what Dominic Cummings was doing for the three years he was in Russia. A well-placed official whistle blower is known have questioned "relationships" Cummings may have fostered with people involved in "politics, intelligence and security" in Russia when he worked there in the 1990s.

When you put all of the above together it suggests that the Russians have considerable influence in the Tory Party. Far from worrying about the communists in the Labour Party we should be more concerned about why communists are openly supporting the Tories and what do they hope to gain by doing so?
Last edited by Cryssys on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:05 am

He's gone full tinfoil hat.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:39 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:05 am
He's gone full tinfoil hat.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice swerve. Rather than consider and address the issues you choose to ignore the serious questions and revert to ridicule.

Well done you. Top marks for sticking your head in the sand and avoiding the issue.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:39 am
Nice swerve. Rather than consider and address the issues you choose to ignore the serious questions and revert to ridicule.

Well done you. Top marks for sticking your head in the sand and avoiding the issue.
I'm not getting dragged into conspiracy theories on here with you.

It wouldn't matter if Boris turned out to be a brilliant PM, you'd still whinge about him and any supposed links to the Russians that you're coming up with thanks to help from fellow conspiracy theorists.

In all honesty, it isn't important because the world has other stuff to worry about.
When this virus is dealt with, the world needs to decide whether or not it wants to continue being overly reliant on China for its goods, considering their governments abject failure in dealing with this outbreak properly from the start.

You can whine and stomp all you like about supposed Russian links, it's still not going to get Labour back into power by the next election.
This user liked this post: KateR

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:02 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:07 pm

It wouldn't matter if Boris turned out to be a brilliant PM, you'd still whinge about him and any supposed links to the Russians that you're coming up with thanks to help from fellow conspiracy theorists.

In all honesty, it isn't important because the world has other stuff to worry about.
When this virus is dealt with, the world needs to decide whether or not it wants to continue being overly reliant on China for its goods, considering their governments abject failure in dealing with this outbreak properly from the start.

You can whine and stomp all you like about supposed Russian links, it's still not going to get Labour back into power by the next election.
In a nutshell: “Only my conspiracy theories are credible, because I read about them in the Daily Mail” :)

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:07 pm

You really have buried your head in the sand haven't you? Why is it conspiracy theory? Everything I said about Russian money supporting the Tory party is true and a matter of public record. The same can be said about the Tories receiving £160K after Boris played a tennis match against the ex wife of a former Russian minister. Boris admitted that the match took place in return for £160K donation.

Similarly, the government is suppressing the report on Russian interference, again it's a matter of public record and cannot be disputed. Likewise it is fact that Russian agents murdered UK citizens yet the Tories are still accepting money from Russian donors with close links to President Putin.

Can you explain to me why you think it is conspiracy theory or is simply that you can't handle the truth?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:09 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:02 pm
In a nutshell: “Only my conspiracy theories are credible, because I read about them in the Daily Mail” :)
I also read the guardian just to balance it all out, then pick the middle ground because neither paper is accurate :lol:

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm
You really have buried your head in the sand haven't you? Why is it conspiracy theory? Everything I said about Russian money supporting the Tory party is true and a matter of public record. The same can be said about the Tories receiving £160K after Boris played a tennis match against the ex wife of a former Russian minister. Boris admitted that the match took place in return for £160K donation.

Similarly, the government is suppressing the report on Russian interference, again it's a matter of public record and cannot be disputed. Likewise it is fact that Russian agents murdered UK citizens yet the Tories are still accepting money from Russian donors with close links to President Putin.

Can you explain to me why you think it is conspiracy theory or is simply that you can't handle the truth?
conspiracy-friends-they-are-not-ok-right-now-above-a-still-of-charlie-day-doing-the-pepe-silvia-bit.jpeg.jpg
conspiracy-friends-they-are-not-ok-right-now-above-a-still-of-charlie-day-doing-the-pepe-silvia-bit.jpeg.jpg (69.88 KiB) Viewed 3675 times

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:36 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:09 pm
I also read the guardian just to balance it all out, then pick the middle ground because neither paper is accurate :lol:
Left: haircuts should be free
Right: haircuts should not be free
Centre: some styles should be free

More?

Right: drink pi$$
Left: do not drink pi$$
Centrist: drink some pi$$

Centrism for the sake of centrism is an abdication of thought, yielding to political relativism as informed by the positions advocated by the left and right so as to project a rational politics without actually considering the world around you. If a person finds themselves believing in policies that are might be considered centrist, great, but grasping for this mythical centre ground as though it is innately virtuous is ridiculous.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:52 pm

I see that not politicising this has gone well.

Also talk of Russian this, Russian that, does the average bloke on the street really give a flying on about stuff like that?

They vote for who they think best represents them and all the bluster around it makes next to no difference.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:56 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:12 pm
conspiracy-friends-they-are-not-ok-right-now-above-a-still-of-charlie-day-doing-the-pepe-silvia-bit.jpeg.jpg
Did you come up with that all on your own or or did you have some help from your mum?

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1565 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:28 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Most don’t have insurance to cover business interruption.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:38 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:04 am
Corbyn could bang Andrews mrs and he would blame Johnson
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:56 pm
Did you come up with that all on your own or or did you have some help from your mum?
Covered this above.

And those that do will find it doesn’t cover health pandemics.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:42 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:02 pm
The left seem to think the Mail is a Boris-boning paper. They give him hell on there.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:47 pm

joey13 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 am
Yes only a complete lockdown will slow this down ,unfortunately it’s to late now and everyone will have to deal with the consequences.

Here in Jersey it was announced today 2 patients are infected,it may not sound a lot but they will have come into contact with at least 20 health workers who in turn could have passed it on to more patients, you see how it can spread ,people need to wake up , just look at what’s happening in Italy
Not for me, thanks. I know two people who have it, both young, fortunately. Both mild, albeit one is suffering more than the other.

I agree entirely with locking down the elderly and at risk groups. The rest will have to get it at some point so taking sensible precautions and getting on with life within reason is a more pragmatic approach.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Hardly any flights in and out of the country. Motorways empty. People losing their jobs left right and center. Supermarkets running out of food. Fair play to the Corona virus. It has managed to do, in a couple of weeks what it would have taken a Corbyn government about 2 years to do

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:06 pm

joey13 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 am

His 3 months lockdown looks Doomed...24 hours Later.

joey13

Post by joey13 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:07 pm

He’s effing lying again , how the hell can anyone support this idiot FFS

joey13

Post by joey13 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:08 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:47 pm
Not for me, thanks. I know two people who have it, both young, fortunately. Both mild, albeit one is suffering more than the other.

I agree entirely with locking down the elderly and at risk groups. The rest will have to get it at some point so taking sensible precautions and getting on with life within reason is a more pragmatic approach.
Well you are a fool then

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Hardly any flights in and out of the country. Motorways empty. People losing their jobs left right and center. Supermarkets running out of food. Fair play to the Corona virus. It has managed to do, in a couple of weeks what it would have taken a Corbyn government about 2 years to do
I'd take 2years over poor boris and his 12 week prediction.

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Post by Caballo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Incredible press conference today.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:54 pm

joey13 wrote: