Real horror story. Child murdered.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Real horror story. Child murdered.

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:15 pm

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Re: Real horror story. Child murdered.

Post by box_of_frogs » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Yeah. Shocking.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:23 pm

That's really horrific.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:24 pm

My my god. What is the world coming to?

Rest in peace.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:44 pm

Quote from the article

"We understand that the woman has some history of mental illness and we are working to understand if this played any part in her motive."

It is horrific, but I suspect the mental illness played a large part in this. So sad
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:44 pm
Quote from the article

"We understand that the woman has some history of mental illness and we are working to understand if this played any part in her motive."

It is horrific, but I suspect the mental illness played a large part in this. So sad
So sad that care in the community became no care. Horrific story, no one to blame other than policies allowing mentally ill people to wander the streets untreated, because it's classed as an unsee able illness.
The very fact that this virus crisis has suddenly proved that money can actually be found when necessary will have a long lasting impact on the way we live.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:49 pm
So sad that care in the community became no care. Horrific story, no one to blame other than policies allowing mentally ill people to wander the streets untreated, because it's classed as an unsee able illness.
The very fact that this virus crisis has suddenly proved that money can actually be found when necessary will have a long lasting impact on the way we live.
You think this money is just being "found"? It will profoundly affect everyone's financial wealth for a very long time after this thing. We are making a very profound decision to sacrifice that to "save the lives" of some hundreds of thousands of our fellow citizens.

NickBFC
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 278 times

Post by NickBFC » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Horrendous. I have a seven year old girl, cannot imagine the pain. Has made me feel sick.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Folk with “mental illness” are showing up in court cases far to regularly.
As said above whilst the public purse is empty nothing will be done to stop it.
Be careful out there.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 pm

Lots of people have mental health issues but they don’t go around stabbing 7-year-old girls to death.

This woman wants to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6902 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:49 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 pm
Lots of people have mental health issues but they don’t go around stabbing 7-year-old girls to death.

If this woman is mentally ill then it obviously doesn’t excuse what she has done but it may well explain why she did it.

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:22 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 pm
You think this money is just being "found"? It will profoundly affect everyone's financial wealth for a very long time after this thing. We are making a very profound decision to sacrifice that to "save the lives" of some hundreds of thousands of our fellow citizens.
I'm not prepared to argue at this point in time, but who is "We'. I'm not sure I'm in any position to be making any decisions at the moment, are you?

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:12 am

Pimlico_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:22 pm
I'm not prepared to argue at this point in time, but who is "We'. I'm not sure I'm in any position to be making any decisions at the moment, are you?
We as a society. The government on our behalf.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 am

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:46 pm

People will know I am all for the death penalty if anybody read the death penalty thread. That demon Mcann the rapist should be hung drawn and quartered.
This lady simply needs an injection to end her sad existence, If it is through mental illness alone and that caused it the whole thing is so sad. If it is for any other reason, be it drug misuse, racially motivated, revenge then I'd feed her alive to the pigs or throw her in a vat of starved lamprey.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:19 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 am
People will know I am all for the death penalty if anybody read the death penalty thread. That demon Mcann the rapist should be hung drawn and quartered.
This lady simply needs an injection to end her sad existence, If it is through mental illness alone and that caused it the whole thing is so sad. If it is for any other reason, be it drug misuse, racially motivated, revenge then I'd feed her alive to the pigs or throw her in a vat of starved lamprey.
You do know that the majority of mental illnesses are temporary or controllable with medication?

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:28 am

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:19 am
You do know that the majority of mental illnesses are temporary or controllable with medication?
That is the worry, if it's revealed it is only mental illness as the cause this poor lady can never be released in fear that she would do this again and to leave her locked up to live with guilt of what her illness has caused would be cruel. A simple injection could balance the scales and end her misery.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:36 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:28 am
That is the worry, if it's revealed it is only mental illness as the cause this poor lady can never be released in fear that she would do this again and to leave her locked up to live with guilt of what her illness has caused would be cruel. A simple injection could balance the scales and end her misery.
I’ll be honest, I do understand your viewpoint and on some days my feelings would mirror yours (depending on how I felt at the time). Trouble is, there are so many people out there with various mental illnesses or who have had a temporary illness who are not natural born killers but are temporarily destructive - I’ll include my bipolar brother and myself after a breakdown in that list of people.

My mental state at one point during my breakdown could easily have led to me harming someone else (without going into detail it involved family break up and children), where do you draw the line?

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:38 am

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:19 am
And thereby lies the problem. They are controlled until they don't take their medication or something affects them and they become mentally unstable again. Then something like this happens, unfortunately there is no answer and with the internet and media these days it's only going to get worse. No amount of treatment will ever guarantee that people with mental problems will be 100% cured.

I was horrified when I read this but nothing surprises me these days when you see some of the twisted things posted on the net and shown on TV.

Bfcboyo

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 am

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:36 am
I’ll be honest, I do understand your viewpoint and on some days my feelings would mirror yours (depending on how I felt at the time). Trouble is, there are so many people out there with various mental illnesses or who have had a temporary illness who are not natural born killers but are temporarily destructive - I’ll include my bipolar brother and myself after a breakdown in that list of people.

My mental state at one point during my breakdown could easily have led to me harming someone else (without going into detail it involved family break up and children), where do you draw the line?
The blokes usually blokes anyway who go on to kill their ex and sometimes children are not in their right minds at the time and I cannot understand it as I have never been in that position. That said I understand the love and powerful bond with a good man and his children and to have it taken away by a partners acts of selfish behaviour and to top it off being taken away from that strong bond, sometimes with kids used as pawns must be devastating. It must take great mental strength to get through something like that and would be unfair of me to comment too much. I think if that happened and thoughts of harming were present they would led by love, anger and ultimately a justified jealousy to be treated equal and see the children rightly so. But to then harm the children a line is crossed no matter what state of mind. But again it is easy to say from the outside, not seeking medical help and discussing the thoughts prior to anything bad happening would be a clear indication of a selfish motivated action. For me again a quick injection to balance the scales. On the flip side if a crime of passion is committed heat of the moment much lesser penalties should be involved. The more time somebody has had to live harbouring thoughts of evil the more time they should have been to seek help.

I am glad you got through whatever happened and I am just referencing situations above and by no means aim them towards your scenario as I do not know the details.

Stay strong and safe through this virus, everybody.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 am

Off on a bit of a tangent but it will be interestingto see how much of a rise in murders, domestic abuse, suicides, child abuse, alcoholism and so on the Covid panic/crisis causes. The weakest physically are vulnerable but so are those mentally.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:37 am

The police could not cope with the things pre Covid 19 so we’d better hope and pray we don’t see too much of an increase.
The lack of reference to our Police in the government updates is very concerning. They are still as busy as ever and little or nothing has changed for them in terms of their daily routines - and it needs to. They are coming into contact with many people every day which is not fair on them or their families because many police forces have not received anything by the way of protection equipment. The Police are put in an impossible position because the public, their bosses and to be fair themselves expects them to serve the public....the very least the government should be doing is protecting them.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 am
The blokes usually blokes anyway who go on to kill their ex and sometimes children are not in their right minds at the time and I cannot understand it as I have never been in that position. That said I understand the love and powerful bond with a good man and his children and to have it taken away by a partners acts of selfish behaviour and to top it off being taken away from that strong bond, sometimes with kids used as pawns must be devastating. It must take great mental strength to get through something like that and would be unfair of me to comment too much. I think if that happened and thoughts of harming were present they would led by love, anger and ultimately a justified jealousy to be treated equal and see the children rightly so. But to then harm the children a line is crossed no matter what state of mind. But again it is easy to say from the outside, not seeking medical help and discussing the thoughts prior to anything bad happening would be a clear indication of a selfish motivated action. For me again a quick injection to balance the scales. On the flip side if a crime of passion is committed heat of the moment much lesser penalties should be involved. The more time somebody has had to live harbouring thoughts of evil the more time they should have been to seek help.

I am glad you got through whatever happened and I am just referencing situations above and by no means aim them towards your scenario as I do not know the details.

Stay strong and safe through this virus, everybody.
Thanks - for me it was a photo of my kids that prevented anything stupid.

stay safe too - you're now off my foe list (for the time being ;) )
This user liked this post: Bfcboyo

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:49 pm
If this woman is mentally ill then it obviously doesn’t excuse what she has done but it may well explain why she did it.
True and then what? You've commented but not constructively.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Far too many wandering the streets who are a risk to the public that are self medicating who really should be institutionalised. Shocking.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:15 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 am
She goes through our legal and justice system and gets given the sentence that is deemed applicable to the laws of this country and the circumstances of the crime.

Not sure what that would be as Im not a legal expert and do not know the detailed ins and outs of the case but thats what I think should happen.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm

If you read any recent interviews with police and how stretched they are at the moment one thing that comes up again and again is the huge cuts to the mental health services and how the police are having to deal with problems that were previously dealt with by mental health professionals.

The attempted sleight of hand of moving responsibility from the government to local councils (and then slashing local council budgets) hasn't worked and it's something that the government really needs to take ownership of.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:32 pm

aggi wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm
If you read any recent interviews with police and how stretched they are at the moment one thing that comes up again and again is the huge cuts to the mental health services and how the police are having to deal with problems that were previously dealt with by mental health professionals.

The attempted sleight of hand of moving responsibility from the government to local councils (and then slashing local council budgets) hasn't worked and it's something that the government really needs to take ownership of.
That’s absolutely spot on - I have a direct family member who has recently joined the police as a detective and a large amount of her time out on response is spent dealing with issues that the police did not previously deal with.
The cuts in support services have gone way too far for the government to reverse them though - even if they tried (which they won’t) why would anyone want to join something like social services knowing you will be underpaid, undervalued and under immense pressure ?
So what the government choose to do is advertise putting money into recruitment of new police - because they know that’s a headline grabber and people who vote for them think that has to help crime figures...but in reality all it it doing is redressing some of the last 10 years drop in police numbers and absolutely nothing else re the support networks or the root causes etc....I would not even describe it as papering over the cracks.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6902 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 am
How have I not commented constructively? A poster correctly stated the rather obvious point that there are a lot of people with mental health issues who don't kill children. As DA says, the woman will now be tried and sentenced according to the laws of this land. And hanging, drawing and quartering isn't a sentence carried out in this country, so stating that she should receive this punishment certainly isn't constructive.