Covid-19

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:56 pm

FFS what is wrong with people,we're in a nationwide crisis and some pr**ks think it's OK to attack ambulances. :twisted:

Apologies i had to link the Sun,https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11231278/ ... onavirus/

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:34 pm
Yes but a couple of posters in particular were being told they were over reacting , it has proved worse than what was being said back then.
Not quite true, at least one of the posters was saying we'd be at over 1000 deaths by now.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:15 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:56 pm
FFS what is wrong with people,we're in a nationwide crisis and some pr**ks think it's OK to attack ambulances. :twisted:

Apologies i had to link the Sun,https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11231278/ ... onavirus/
I hope they have CCTV. The twunts are identified and banged up for 10 years,minimum, a piece , if there's more than one mindless barsteward capable of carrying out such an act.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 854 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:15 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:56 pm

You've got to wonder what goes through the mind of someone like that. Worse than moronic.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:16 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:42 pm
I think you have had a spell check moment there.
Or a stroke.

dreamt*

Shappie
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by Shappie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:43 pm
That's true, even at the time the death tolls were increasing & the virus spreading, even some of the experts were forecasting & delivering stark warnings, a blind man entrenched in a deep dark cave could see what was going to happen.

As could a blind man on a galloping horse !

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:31 pm

Grumps wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm
Not quite true, at least one of the posters was saying we'd be at over 1000 deaths by now.
We've got a small number of posters who said things would be apocalyptic when there's no evidence yet that it has any potential to be. We're still doing all this to protect half a million lives. A terrible event of course if it happened but that's the scale of the "do nothing" scenario. As it always has been broadly.

Some people are still inventing worst, worst, worst case scenarios that don't exist.

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:37 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:15 pm
I hope they have CCTV. The twunts are identified and banged up for 10 years,minimum, a piece , if there's more than one mindless barsteward capable of carrying out such an act.
Being shot on sight would be more appropriate.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Some people’s perceptions were I was predicting an apocalypse.

I don’t remember at any point predicting numbers in the future.

What I was quoting were numbers of deaths as a percentage that looked really bad.

Several weeks later those percentages still look horrible.

I accept we have no idea how many have had it and recovered, let’s hope that antibody test is available soon.

In what could be good news, the nurse I know is better, she intends to go back to work later this week. None of the family got symptoms. The shame is she has not been tested.

The promise of more tests being available, I think is not happening.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:45 pm

A stark warning from Nicola Sturgeon at her daily press briefing.

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has warned that "life should not feel normal" in a briefing about the coronavirus, adding: "If it is, you're not doing the right things."

Speaking at St Andrew's House in Edinburgh, she said 14 people in Scotland had died of causes related to the virus, while the number of people who've tested positive had risen to 499.

"It has been clear to me that there are still too many people across our country who are being expected to, or expecting to, go to work as normal and this presents a serious and unnecessary risk of spreading the virus," she said.

"My message to shops that are still open is this and it is clear - if you are not providing essential items like food and medicines, then please also close now."

This suggests a move to the next phase is imminent.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:46 pm

Name them and shame them. They should be made to walk round with placards on saying what they have done. Need a good flogging.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:50 pm

The US Senate failed to pass a massive coronavirus aid package after Senate Democrats voted en masse to deny Republicans the necessary support.

The party-line vote poses a major setback to the bill after days of breakneck negotiations between lawmakers and the Trump administration, racing to pass the emergency measure.

Expected to cost upwards of $1.8 trillion (£1.5 trillion) it would be the largest economic stimulus package in the country’s history.

Democrats cited several concerns with the proposed legislation - including what they call a $500bn "corporate slush fund" - a loan programme controlled entirely by the Trump administration's treasury department. But they now risk major political backlash for appearing to obstruct a much-needed economic boost.

Republicans quickly ripped into Democrats, with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell accusing the lawmakers of creating a "spectacle" and of "playing games" with the economy.

But senators and officials say they still hope to reach a compromise. "We’re closer than we’ve ever been at any time over the past 48 hours to an agreement," said top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer.

As of yet, any Senate bill will have at least three absent Republicans: Kentucky’s Rand Paul and both senators for Utah, Mitt Romney and Mike Lee. Mr Paul has tested positive for Covid-19 and both Mr Romney and Mr Lee are in self-quarantine after recent contact with their fellow senator.

Can someone please bang their heads together,and get BOTH sides to stop the theatrics for once,i thought our politicians were bad enough,but this bunch take the biscuit.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:03 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:31 pm
We've got a small number of posters who said things would be apocalyptic when there's no evidence yet that it has any potential to be. We're still doing all this to protect half a million lives. A terrible event of course if it happened but that's the scale of the "do nothing" scenario. As it always has been broadly.

Some people are still inventing worst, worst, worst case scenarios that don't exist.

Saying half a million lives just 2 weeks ago you would have been ridiculed out of sight like me and Lowbank were.

Now thats seems to be the consensus number.
No shortages people said,anyone tried to buy a bog roll lately.
Stock market will soon recover etc,

To be honest things have happened at a far quicker pace and have been far more severe than even I forecast.

A growing number of people are agreeing that in an attempt to save the World we have actually destroying it for many decades to come.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm

paulatky wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:03 pm
Saying half a million lives just 2 weeks ago you would have been ridiculed out of sight like me and Lowbank were.

To be honest things have happened at a far quicker pace and have been far more severe than even I forecast.

A growing number of people are agreeing that in an attempt to save the World we have actually destroyed it for many decades to come.
You also just claimed that Burnley fc aren't handling with this very well at all... that is the problem with jumping in making statements with little knowledge... you get things wrong

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:11 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:50 pm
The US Senate failed to pass a massive coronavirus aid package after Senate Democrats voted en masse to deny Republicans the necessary support.

The party-line vote poses a major setback to the bill after days of breakneck negotiations between lawmakers and the Trump administration, racing to pass the emergency measure.

Expected to cost upwards of $1.8 trillion (£1.5 trillion) it would be the largest economic stimulus package in the country’s history.

Staggering that they’re arguing the toss on this , even our lot would come together for the greater good in a crisis

Democrats cited several concerns with the proposed legislation - including what they call a $500bn "corporate slush fund" - a loan programme controlled entirely by the Trump administration's treasury department. But they now risk major political backlash for appearing to obstruct a much-needed economic boost.

Republicans quickly ripped into Democrats, with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell accusing the lawmakers of creating a "spectacle" and of "playing games" with the economy.

But senators and officials say they still hope to reach a compromise. "We’re closer than we’ve ever been at any time over the past 48 hours to an agreement," said top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer.

As of yet, any Senate bill will have at least three absent Republicans: Kentucky’s Rand Paul and both senators for Utah, Mitt Romney and Mike Lee. Mr Paul has tested positive for Covid-19 and both Mr Romney and Mr Lee are in self-quarantine after recent contact with their fellow senator.

Can someone please bang their heads together,and get BOTH sides to stop the theatrics for once,i thought our politicians were bad enough,but this bunch take the biscuit.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:19 pm

paulatky wrote:

A growing number of people are agreeing that in an attempt to save the World we have actually destroying it for many decades to come.
Do you want to go back to page 1 or so where I cited Prof. Neil Ferguson and 420k deaths? Or do you just want to make stuff up?

You (the other poster will speak for himself I'm sure if he's minded to) have said done things that were right, some that were wrong and some that were mental. Monkeys, typewriters, Shakespeare. That sort of thing.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Dante.El.Chunk
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Dante.El.Chunk » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:39 pm

We are doing this to protect life.

Why?

So we can sneer at it? So we can argue with it? So we can destroy it by our own hand?

Being stuck at home is going to be hard work, so many instances of people snapping at each other already and I'd guess the main argument is, down to those who are perceived as over panicked and those who appear to be underpanicked.

It is so easy for each side to see the stakes as so high that any diversion from what they are doing is seen as a threat to themselves.

We are all stressed, we are all making mistakes.

Please find more patience for all those around you, for what you read in the news, for what decisions get made you don't agree with.

This isn't happy clappy nonsense, this is survival: if we aren't working harder (key workers) or if we aren't keeping our social distance strictly, and if we aren't trying to mend fractured relationships, this gets unimaginabley worse.

We need to find the reasons to stick together and focus on them.
Last edited by Dante.El.Chunk on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: tiger76

claretgilly
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by claretgilly » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/12 ... 89152?s=20

Some trivial nonsense for you - I had to laugh because Sean Dyche's isolation partner would be Patrick Bamford

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:50 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:50 pm

It's disappointing and I think it will back fire on them when polling starts, this will be one of Trump's and the party's rally calls throughout the election. Yet they must know this risk and feel it is worth taking as they believe something is wrong and they are protecting others from this perceived problem, people have short memories and the rationale will be lost in the white noise.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 pm

KateR wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:50 pm
It's disappointing and I think it will back fire on them when polling starts, this will be one of Trump's and the party's rally calls throughout the election. Yet they must know this risk and feel it is worth taking as they believe something is wrong and they are protecting others from this perceived problem, people have short memories and the rationale will be lost in the white noise.
I'm trying to avoid party politics,and i don't know enough about the American psyche,but i'd dearly love to know the Democrats thinking in torpedoing this bill,i'm sure like any rushed legislation it's got holes in it,but a lot of Americans will just see this as them playing games as Mitch McConnell accused,and i'm sure come election time Trump will milk this for all it's worth,a lot depends on how things develop in the coming months,but if the economy takes a hit,which it almost certainly will,we'll likely have the usual blame game between both sides.Nothing new there then.
This user liked this post: KateR

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:01 pm

If it appears to be corrupt, they are correct in rejecting the deal.
This user liked this post: Dante.El.Chunk

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:19 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 pm
I'm trying to avoid party politics,and i don't know enough about the American psyche,but i'd dearly love to know the Democrats thinking in torpedoing this bill,i'm sure like any rushed legislation it's got holes in it,but a lot of Americans will just see this as them playing games as Mitch McConnell accused,and i'm sure come election time Trump will milk this for all it's worth,a lot depends on how things develop in the coming months,but if the economy takes a hit,which it almost certainly will,we'll likely have the usual blame game between both sides.Nothing new there then.
agree and am not posting on any political type threads where accusations are flowing plus of course those adversarial in nature, now is not the time. I was merely mentioning something that will almost certainly happen in the future and am taking no sides or arguing for or against. What governments do during the crisis are facts and relevant to the fighting to get things back to normal ASAP while at the same time minimizing deaths, I am sure there will be postmortems in the future, then I might add my thoughts. USA has a far different scenario to probably the rest of the world, which will only add to the difficulties it is facing from the virus crisis and coupled to the oil crisis.

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:37 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm
You also just claimed that Burnley fc aren't handling with this very well at all... that is the problem with jumping in making statements with little knowledge... you get things wrong
Not refuting the claim they are still in full training.

Doing nothing for season tickets holders re extending deadline. No direct holiday whilst games suspended

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:40 pm

paulatky wrote:

Or in Trump’s words” Cant let the cure be worse than the problem”

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:19 pm
Do you want to go back to page 1 or so where I cited Prof. Neil Ferguson and 420k deaths? Or do you just want to make stuff up?

You (the other poster will speak for himself I'm sure if he's minded to) have said done things that were right, some that were wrong and some that were mental. Monkeys, typewriters, Shakespeare. That sort of thing.
I didnt say no one else had said numbers like that , just that 95% on here dismissed it as nonsense.

Grupms even said nobody knows maybe the UK cases had peaked at 80 cases.

It infuriated me that very few people took this seriously until the last week.

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Talking to a friend in Cambridge, his daughter who has MS and at a tender age was not expected to live beyond her 14th birthday, she is now 21 and is in the US working and fallen in love. However she is on medication and always will be one presumes but she tries to lead her life to the fullest she can do, her medication will be running short so last week she called the British Consulate in regard to, can she get her medication sent rather than risk travelling as she is in isolation. Short answer was, no, go home immediately, he picks her up at the airport tomorrow morning, this to me seems she is being put in harms way and of course she has to go directly into isolation, but will be at her parents house and I think more at risk than if she had been able to stay put. I am very fearful for her.

paulatky

Post by paulatky » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:43 pm
That's true, even at the time the death tolls were increasing & the virus spreading, even some of the experts were forecasting & delivering stark warnings, a blind man entrenched in a deep dark cave could see what was going to happen.
Apparently not aka Grumps in particular and Gordaleman

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:49 pm

KateR wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:46 pm
Talking to a friend in Cambridge, his daughter who has MS and at a tender age was not expected to live beyond her 14th birthday, she is now 21 and is in the US working and fallen in love. However she is on medication and always will be one presumes but she tries to lead her life to the fullest she can do, her medication will be running short so last week she called the British Consulate in regard to, can she get her medication sent rather than risk travelling as she is in isolation. Short answer was, no, go home immediately, he picks her up at the airport tomorrow morning, this to me seems she is being put in harms way and of course she has to go directly into isolation, but will be at her parents house and I think more at risk than if she had been able to stay put. I am very fearful for her.
Did they give a reason why they won't send her medication?

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:55 pm

No Frank, of course I was talking with her father via messenger so limited info, of course it is third hand since she will obviously have told him this, I am not criticizing the Consulate as I don't know enough, just that for what ever reason she is in the high potential for death bracket and hope she is ok and get's through this. Every so often I know she has had to stay in hospitals and have treatment, then convalescing at her parents house.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:06 pm

paulatky wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm
I didnt say no one else had said numbers like that , just that 95% on here dismissed it as nonsense.

Grupms even said nobody knows maybe the UK cases had peaked at 80 cases.

It infuriated me that very few people took this seriously until the last week.
For probably the 5th time will you stop misquoting me.. I asked how you knew it hadn't peaked, and qualified it by the statement that nobody knows... Like I've said it was relevant at the time. You've asked me to guess a final figure, then ridiculed the fact I wouldn't guess. If I had that would have given you enough material to misquote for another 3 weeks.
Talk about being infuriated... You are very infuriating, now please find someone else to misquote, take out of context, whatever you want to call it.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:08 pm

paulatky wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:47 pm
Apparently not aka Grumps in particular and Gordaleman
.........and again!!!

mapinchina
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by mapinchina » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:02 pm

I live in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
I can assure you that the current CONVID-19 pandemic is far, far worse than an outbreak of flu.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:08 pm

UK death rate not rising,but it's not slowing either,and if the experts are correct,in a couple of weeks this will only increase sadly.

A further 46 people in England who tested positive for Covid-19 have died, NHS England has said.The patients were aged between 47 and 105 years old and all had underlying health conditions.

This brings the total UK death toll to 335, with four deaths announced in both Scotland and Wales earlier on Monday.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:19 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:19 pm

One thing described as mental was me stating flights out of the very few countries at the beginning of this should have been grounded to contain it. Might have been a small price to pay, instead we have now got 80-90% of worldwide air passenger traffic grounded. Today’s position on this case is certainly worse than I thought it would be.
I expect to be redundant within the next 8-12 weeks.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm

Numbers down in Italy for the second day running.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR FactualFrank

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:50 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm
Just seen that, very encouraging. Obviously need to be cautious, but a little light at the end of the tunnel for them, and hopefully Europe eventually.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:51 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm
602 deaths today
6,078 deaths in total
63,928 cases of the virus total
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:53 pm

It's better that people aren't dying in Italy. Good. But without an exit strategy for the country, it's just a holding position.
This user liked this post: paulatky

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm

I do empathise with you lowbank and it is difficult to govern a country, easy when it's not us in charge.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:08 pm
UK death rate not rising,but it's not slowing either,and if the experts are correct,in a couple of weeks this will only increase sadly.

A further 46 people in England who tested positive for Covid-19 have died, NHS England has said.The patients were aged between 47 and 105 years old and all had underlying health conditions.

This brings the total UK death toll to 335, with four deaths announced in both Scotland and Wales earlier on Monday.
I think you were trying to say rising exponentially, I have added Spain to the spread sheet, they are worse that Italy. Hope it’s readable.
BEC2CB8F-DE89-4912-BE02-3391221CBCD6.jpeg
BEC2CB8F-DE89-4912-BE02-3391221CBCD6.jpeg (403.14 KiB) Viewed 2918 times

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm
I do empathise with you lowbank and it is difficult to govern a country, easy when it's not us in charge.
At the time I said stop the flights no one thought this would be the outcome.

Only North Korea have not declared any cases, this is worldwide literally.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:00 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:53 pm
It's better that people aren't dying in Italy. Good. But without an exit strategy for the country, it's just a holding position.
That's true but you've gotta start somewhere,and hopefully now their figures have peaked,their health service will be more able to cope,it's baby steps,but at least it's progress albeit slow.As yet there's no magic bullet,so all they can do is manage the virus as much as possible,and hope for better testing in the coming weeks,and obviously in the long term a vaccine.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:01 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:19 pm
One thing described as mental was me stating flights out of the very few countries at the beginning of this should have been grounded to contain it. Might have been a small price to pay, instead we have now got 80-90% of worldwide air passenger traffic grounded. Today’s position on this case is certainly worse than I thought it would be.
I expect to be redundant within the next 8-12 weeks.
I suggested that the borders in Europe, that had fallen into disrepair thanks to the EU rules on free movement of people. Could be used to help slow the spread of the virus.

For that, you lost the plot-
Lowbankclaret wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:55 pm
Ringo, your coming across as a raving racist.
Lowbankclaret wrote:
Only one one person pops up with racist remarks.

No surprise to me it’s Ringo.
Lowbankclaret wrote:
The only person calling for this solution is the RAVING RACIST.

No one else
Lowbankclaret wrote:
Ringo Hitler McCartney is here, normal people can remove themselves from this thread.
Lowbankclaret wrote:
I have requested he is banned for racist remarks.

We will see what happens
Since then practically all the nations in Europe, and all across the world, borders have been closed. Even the EU itself suspended the Schengen Zone rules!

But you were never "racist" for wanting to ban planes.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm
At the time I said stop the flights no one thought this would be the outcome.

Only North Korea have not declared any cases, this is worldwide literally.
Racist

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:08 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:00 pm
That's true but you've gotta start somewhere,and hopefully now their figures have peaked,their health service will be more able to cope,it's baby steps,but at least it's progress albeit slow.As yet there's no magic bullet,so all they can do is manage the virus as much as possible,and hope for better testing in the coming weeks,and obviously in the long term a vaccine.
This is how I see it. At least if they continue to get it under control it'll relieve the sense of fear and panic, even if it's something we need to live with for a while yet.

As you say, a vaccine is the goal, but in the short term that antibody test would be really useful for getting countries back up and running as far as possible.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:12 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:51 pm
602 deaths today
6,078 deaths in total
63,928 cases of the virus total
Still horrific figures but we can only hope they continue to reduce.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 854 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Well, the positive Covid 19 news is that BJ is finally listening to advice and it looks like much stricter measures will be put in place tonight. Will it make any difference? The Chavs next door to me have been going out every day with their kids since the schools closed and will probably continue to do so until they are arrested. I'm sure they think that they are young and invunerable but that's no excuse for putting others at risk.

The virus will kill a lot of people, no doubt, but people like them will kill more with their ignorance and thoughtlessness.
These 2 users liked this post: paulatky tiger76

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:24 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:53 pm
But in a rapidly moving environment we'll have testing to see who's had it, who has it, and who doesn't. That'll make a big difference in the short term, and all the while we are getting closer to treatments, if not a vaccine.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:17 pm

First death reported at Blackburn hospital from Covid 19z

Bill Smith aged 80.

RIP.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Watching the channel 4 programme on Covid.
We are ducked (f).

Nurses treating Covid patients with no PPE and managers saying it was ok to do so.
Care home with more patient’s ill than not. 20% of staff now ill.
This is not going well.