Boris Watch

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Re: Boris Watch

Post by ksrclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:17 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 pm
The sniping left-

"DONT LET A GOOD CRISIS GO WAIST"

"IF PEDANTRY HELPS , SO BE IT....."
Don’t bring your weight into this

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:17 pm
The majority may well share your view but if you actually read what I posted I never disputed that.
But they 100% do not act like you and as said that is something we all need to be grateful for.

As for your comments on Boris you really are beyond pathetic now - suggesting that myself or others on this thread have anything else but sympathy for him and his family is scraping the bottom of the barrel even for you.

You are no better yourself than those twisted trolls on Twitter with their sick posts on BJ and his family. Absolutely no better whatsoever.

Like I said, you told me to be SILENT. I've clearly touched a raw nerve. Stop getting all defensive. My comments on Boris are entirely appropriate given his and his partners personal circumstances. If it brings about some quiet self reflection on your part, for me that's job done.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:36 pm
What exactly am I wrong about ?

I’m not criticising any of the measures you mentioned - they are all very good and needed - I just posted that about the new hospital.

The only point I was raising was that 100% you are not mainstream - because if you were the country would be in an even bigger crisis than it is now.
As I said join the SILENT majority.....please.
The opinion polls prove the vast majority of people just think like me and back Boris Johnson and his government. Therefore my view is mainstream/majority. You're part of a tiny, dwindling daily, minority.

Rishi Sunaks budget was just over a fortnight ago. Just let that sink in. 2 WEEKS AGO. The man himself had only been chancellor for a matter of days himself!

Since the, it's as if a nuclear bomb had hit the nation. It's people and its economy.

For him and the prime minister to have done what they've done in FOURTEEN DAYS is beyond belief.

The setting up of a 4000 patient hospital out of bloody thin air. With plans to build more , up and down the country must be a logistical nightmare.

He has the unenviable take of saving as many lives possible. While trying to ensure theirs a viable economy left, when we, god willing, come out of this horrendous situation.

The government has done everything within its powers to protect the people and the economy. I for one, and the majority of the British people appreciate their efforts. Sadly, a tiny resentment fuelled minority simply refuse to accept there is no lever to be pulled that says "pull for instantaneous perfection in unprecedented crisis"

The bloke has the weight of the nation on his shoulders. Hes not behind a keyboard, sniping for the comfort of his sofa. He looks knackered. And today he announces that he has the virus himself.

Stop and think about this for a moment , before you start bleating on about you and your political driven "right to criticise " His wife is pregnant and the couple will , no doubt , have been in close personal contact with one another. Ask yourself what will be going through both of their minds right now eh?

Maybe when it comes to "SILENCE" you should take your own advice.
This user liked this post: Holtyclaret

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:25 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:17 pm
I’m given a list of things above I think are positive steps, and I’ve suggested we look at how quickly the government turns around the shortage in equipment rather than focus on mistakes - that’s at least being positive. I don’t want to have things to complain about, but we can’t just sit here singing Kumbaya, if the government continues to not deliver.
My wife got her PPE yesterday.
My daughter has still has none.

They both work on the frontline and have been putting their lives at risk without protection for the last few weeks but some people think I or others should be happy at this and stay quiet because the government has introduced several other good measures....or because the PM now has the virus we should take that into account.

.....yep that makes a lot of sense.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Like I said, you told me to be SILENT. I've clearly touched a raw nerve. Stop getting all defensive. My comments on Boris are entirely appropriate given his and his partners personal circumstances. If it brings about some quiet self reflection on your part, for me that's job done.
You only have one word available in a post to capitalise, you’d better choose wisely because you’ve only got one shot at this - and the word you choose is SILENT

Bugger!! Oooops!! Another cock up

The gift that keeps on giving

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1938 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Despite all that’s going on he still finds time to roll out Friday Ringo to give anyone a laugh.

Now is the time to give him a TV show to lift the nation.
A perfect cross between Partridge, Brent and Peter Griffin.
This user liked this post: ksrclaret

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:32 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm
I asked you to be SILENT - because not only do you ruin every thread you also make ridiculous lies.
Why do you think you have touched a nerve ?
Again you are making pathetic snide remarks that people on this board are in some way pleased that another fellow human being has got the virus.
Why would I need to reflect on anything ?
The only “job” you have done is to confirm more than ever exactly the type of sad lowlife you are.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:36 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:04 pm
The opinion polls prove the vast majority of people just think like me and back Boris Johnson and his government. Therefore my view is mainstream/majority. You're part of a tiny, dwindling daily, minority.

Rishi Sunaks budget was just over a fortnight ago. Just let that sink in. 2 WEEKS AGO. The man himself had only been chancellor for a matter of days himself!

Since the, it's as if a nuclear bomb had hit the nation. It's people and its economy.

For him and the prime minister to have done what they've done in FOURTEEN DAYS is beyond belief.

The setting up of a 4000 patient hospital out of bloody thin air. With plans to build more , up and down the country must be a logistical nightmare.

He has the unenviable take of saving as many lives possible. While trying to ensure theirs a viable economy left, when we, god willing, come out of this horrendous situation.

The government has done everything within its powers to protect the people and the economy. I for one, and the majority of the British people appreciate their efforts. Sadly, a tiny resentment fuelled minority simply refuse to accept there is no lever to be pulled that says "pull for instantaneous perfection in unprecedented crisis"

The bloke has the weight of the nation on his shoulders. Hes not behind a keyboard, sniping for the comfort of his sofa. He looks knackered. And today he announces that he has the virus himself.

Stop and think about this for a moment , before you start bleating on about you and your political driven "right to criticise " His wife is pregnant and the couple will , no doubt , have been in close personal contact with one another. Ask yourself what will be going through both of their minds right now eh?

One thing I’m certainly pleased about is that set against this crisis, things like owning and running our own broadband infrastructure, railways, utilities, and post service will actually be a doddle. If we can end our National homeless problem in a few days, then we needn’t tolerate that problem at all in the future. If we can pull together to defeat a virus, then we can do so to mitigate climate change. Neo-Liberal economics, which caused the financial crisis, and greatly impeded our ability to deal with this one is being shown to be the king without clothes that it is.
These 2 users liked this post: ksrclaret longsidepies

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 pm
Despite all that’s going on he still finds time to roll out Friday Ringo to give anyone a laugh.

Now is the time to give him a TV show to lift the nation.
A perfect cross between Partridge, Brent and Peter Griffin.
TV might break the spell, and ruin the magic - just like what happened near the end of the Wizard of Oz. I’m fine with a TV show, as long as Ringo is only represented by an incoherent series of capital letters. GRRRHZ!

Or a windsock.
Last edited by AndrewJB on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:53 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:32 pm
I asked you to be SILENT - because not only do you ruin every thread you also make ridiculous lies.
Why do you think you have touched a nerve ?
Again you are making pathetic snide remarks that people on this board are in some way pleased that another fellow human being has got the virus.
Why would I need to reflect on anything ?
The only “job” you have done is to confirm more than ever exactly the type of sad lowlife you are.
A "belmtard" a "twisted troll" a "sad low life" that simply voices the mainstream/ majority opinion of the british peoples view of the government's handling of this unprecedented crisis !

An opinion that will, without doubt, be reflected at the ballot box come the next general election.

Anyway, in the meantime, your own advice, take it.

🤫

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:55 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 pm
The sniping left-

"DONT LET A GOOD CRISIS GO WAIST"

"IF PEDANTRY HELPS , SO BE IT....."
Oh dear, can't read, can't spell. "Pedantry" as in pointing out your stupid mistake ?

Just get your facts right before you make daft claims and you'll be right as rain, chap.

Anyway, I'm off out on the bike so when I come back I don't want to be reading any more of your silliness, OK ? Pack it in.
Good lad.

Tick, tock....

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Imagine being Ringo :lol:

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:59 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:25 pm
My wife got her PPE yesterday.
My daughter has still has none.

They both work on the frontline and have been putting their lives at risk without protection for the last few weeks but some people think I or others should be happy at this and stay quiet because the government has introduced several other good measures....or because the PM now has the virus we should take that into account.

.....yep that makes a lot of sense.
At least now you can scratch off your bucket list; “being shouted at by a wind sock”.

There’s also the irony of Mr Mainstream uniting people of nearly every political stripe in bewilderment.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:34 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:59 pm
At least now you can scratch off your bucket list; “being shouted at by a wind sock”.

There’s also the irony of Mr Mainstream uniting people of nearly every political stripe in bewilderment.
Talking of "bewilderment"

After existing in a far left echo chamber , when you're not on here. Reinforcing your own opinion , by treating the Guardian as your bible.

Being bewildered , is a state that you must have found yourself in after the -
and 2019 general elections .

After the 2016 EU referendum.

After the 2019 Eu parliamentary election.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you, that this all too familiar state of "bewilderment" is something that's gonna befall upon you again.

For Boris Johnson's and Rishi Sunaks handling of the crisis, your shower of inept hapless clowns arent going to get any where near the keys of 10 downing street!!

Dry your eyes sunshine.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Why is it that Wrongo seems to revel in situations that are going to cause untold damage to the country?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:49 pm

SalouClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:58 pm
Imagine being Ringo :lol:
Oh I don't know.

It could be worse. It could be a lot worse.

I could be one of those, whining, sniping, glass not even half full, whinging, never good enough blinkered, political point scoring lefties. That embolden each other with their dwindling , resentment fuelled , tiny minority bitterness. Feeding of one another's deluded beliefs until it all , inevitably , comes crashing down following the latest election result. At which point they have a communal hissy fit, blaming the majority for getting ot wrong . AGAIN!!!

So its not all doom n gloom is it!

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:52 pm

Ringo providing a public service for some of you clowns.

Keeps you all off the streets I suppose
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:53 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:52 pm

Give him a TV show. He’s the best laugh going at the moment.
This user liked this post: Damo

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:55 pm

There is aggressive Ringo - “We won!”. And there is whiny Ringo - “You can’t say that about them!”.

Aggressive Ringo, and whiny Ringo, aggressive Ringo, and whiny Ringo. And on, and on.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:53 pm
Give him a TV show. He’s the best laugh going at the moment.
It wouldn't be the same without a live audience.
Perhaps we should mothball it until the self isolation rules subside

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:56 pm
It wouldn't be the same without a live audience.
Perhaps we should mothball it until the self isolation rules subside
I’m not sure he’d realise.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:06 pm

Damo wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:52 pm

I liken it to a care in the community role.

Keeping an eye on my fellow Clarets who life has taken them down an unfortunate path.

The political waifs n strays. Those on the margins of society and my biggest caseload, of course, the terminally stupid.

One of these empty heads took an intelligence test , that showed just how smart he would have been not to have taken it.....

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:22 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:34 pm
Talking of "bewilderment"

After existing in a far left echo chamber , when you're not on here. Reinforcing your own opinion , by treating the Guardian as your bible.

Being bewildered , is a state that you must have found yourself in after the -
and 2019 general elections .

After the 2016 EU referendum.

After the 2019 Eu parliamentary election.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you, that this all too familiar state of "bewilderment" is something that's gonna befall upon you again.

For Boris Johnson's and Rishi Sunaks handling of the crisis, your shower of inept hapless clowns arent going to get any where near the keys of 10 downing street!!

Dry your eyes sunshine.
You voted Labour in ‘97, and 2001, then Tory in 2005, 2010, no in 2012, Tory in 2015, brexit in 2016, and Tory in 2017 and ‘19? I’d have to check, but possibly with the exception of 2005 you’ve voted exactly in alignment with The Sun. I’m not saying you consciously did their bidding - it could be entirely coincidental, and you arrived at your choices because fairies whispered them in your ear. But it still makes you Murdoch’s wind sock.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:25 pm

We’re now only about 7 cases of coronavirus away from Sam Allardyce being called in as interim PM.
These 2 users liked this post: Croydon Claret evensteadiereddie

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:32 pm

martin_p wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:46 pm
Why is it that Wrongo seems to revel in situations that are going to cause untold damage to the country?
Good point.
It takes a “special” kind of mental state to make up
completely false allegations that people on a messageboard purely because they have a different political persuasion to him would be happy that another human being has a potentially deadly virus.
Your head must be in a sorry state to say that once - to repeat it several times in bold, upper case etc you have to be really struggling.
.....and then to think you are in some kind of majority is in real fruit loop category.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:29 pm

If posters want to keep this thread open then please stop trying to score points off each other and stop behaving like kids. I've better things to do with my time than constantly get sent to this thread because of complaints. It's easy, I'll just close all these threads, make it football and get rid of those who are spoiling this board for everyone else.
These 10 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie bfcmik Aclaret Vino blanco KateR FactualFrank AndrewJB Claret-On-A-T-Rex Damo dsr

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Just announced

First Nightingale hospital- london EXCEL

2nd Nighingale hospital - Birmingham NEC

3rd Nightingale hospital - Manchester convention centre

3 hospitals out of thin air able to treat literally 1000s of patients, in a matter of days. A minor miracle.

Hats off to Boris Johnson and the Government for their efforts.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:21 pm

An excellent commandeering of currently unused resources.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:27 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm

This.

See Corbyn has been up to his “I told you so” tricks today. Classy.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:28 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Just announced

First Nightingale hospital- london EXCEL

2nd Nighingale hospital - Birmingham NEC

3rd Nightingale hospital - Manchester convention centre

3 hospitals out of thin air able to treat literally 1000s of patients, in a matter of days. A minor miracle.

Hats off to Boris Johnson and the Government for their efforts.
Agreed. Only the insane wouldn’t agree he’s doing an outstanding job.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm

What did he tell us today, I've not seen it.

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:31 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:29 pm
If posters want to keep this thread open then please stop trying to score points off each other and stop behaving like kids. I've better things to do with my time than constantly get sent to this thread because of complaints. It's easy, I'll just close all these threads, make it football and get rid of those who are spoiling this board for everyone else.
I'm sure we voted last year about keeping football & political threads separate. What happened ?
These 2 users liked this post: Vino blanco evensteadiereddie

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Not enough folk agreed with it, I assume.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:34 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm
What did he tell us today, I've not seen it.
He’s down with it, so sent Gove instead.

Personally wanted a TV above his podium and him joining in from home, but alas had to put up with Gove.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Found it.

"Mr Corbyn said the government had also failed to realise how many people were in "insecure" employment in the UK when they drew up their response to the emergency.

But he believed that the pandemic had changed the political landscape forever.

"I think our society and our politics will never be the same again, because we have suddenly realised as a society and a community, we need everybody - and everybody has a contribution to make.""

Don't particularly like the bloke but he's probably right.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:42 pm

No, Newclaret, I meant what did Corbyn have to tell us. :lol:
No worries, found it. Again, he's probably right about underfunding - one good thing about all this crap is that when it's over NO government, not even Dom the Dwarf and Co., will dare mess about with the NHS. I think most folk will be happy with that.
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
I think the vast majority on the message board would like you to close all of these threads CT. I’d go as far as to say we’d petition the government for your MBE if you did !!

It’s obvious from the posts that followed your message that closing this and all other political threads down seems the best option.

There are many other forums or social media outlets that people can use for political or other stuff but this is the only one most of us would use for BFC.
These 4 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Aclaret Claret-On-A-T-Rex Vino blanco

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:45 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:33 pm
Not enough folk agreed with it, I assume.
Seem to remember football won the right to have it's own section away from politics.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:48 pm

I'm not sure it did but, yep, the time has come.

And, to be fair, the posts since CT's message have been on topic and civil. Challenging opinion, yes, point scoring, no.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:50 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:28 pm
Agreed. Only the insane wouldn’t agree he’s doing an outstanding job.

Rishi Sunaks budget was just over a fortnight ago. It feels like a lifetime ago! The man himself had only been chancellor for a matter of days. Just look at their achievements.

Guaranteed no evictions for those renting.
Postponed MOTs.
Deferred business rates.
Mortgage repayment holidays.
They've reassured the majority of ALL workers wages upto 80% /£2500 ( unprecedented and according to an expert would normally take years to organise).
Postponed back tax demands for business/ individuals ,
Ordered10s of thousands of new ventilators.

Now they've just announced the creation of 2 more nightingale hospitals out of thin air to treat 1000s more patients. Which under "normal" circumstances must, surely , be a logistical nightmare. But to do it with so many other plates to spin, is nothing short of a minor miracle.

For Sunak and the prime minister to have done what they've done in FOURTEEN DAYS is beyond belief.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:53 pm

Dividing the messageboard by separating football and other topics up was a poor idea originally in my opinion. Doing it now would be a very bad idea. We’re not exactly logging on for Burnley related chat are we. We all share the same interest in football and in particular Burnley, but this is a good place to discuss all topics.

Agree that the bickering is getting ridiculous though. It seems to be the same poster at fault so it shouldn’t be difficult to sort out.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:50 pm
Rishi Sunaks budget was just over a fortnight ago. It feels like a lifetime ago! The man himself had only been chancellor for a matter of days. Just look at their achievements.

Postponed MOTs.
Deferred business rates.
They've reassured the majority of ALL workers wages upto 80% /£2500 ( unprecedented and according to an expert would normally take years to organise).

Now they've just announced the creation of 2 more nightingale hospitals out of thin air to treat 1000s more patients. Which under "normal" circumstances must, surely , be a logistical nightmare. But to do it with so many other plates to spin, is nothing short of a minor miracle.

For Sunak and the prime minister to have done what they've done in FOURTEEN DAYS is beyond belief.
Yep, if the general public are not happy with that, I honestly don’t know what more they want.

Think the questioning by the media at these daily events is embarrassing. The lady (forget her name, sorry) is absolutely bossing it and completely showing them up.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:58 pm

An excellent commandeering of currently unused resources and an excellent if obviously necessary introduction of measures to prevent total UK financial meltdown.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5517 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm

I've just got this via WhatsApp. No idea of the original source but if there's any substance to it, surely it would have formed part of today's briefing.

"This is a text from an NHS worker:

As of tomorrow, do not leave home for bread for anything! Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!! It’s at this time other people are most vulnerable! so it is very important to stay home and not to be in contact with anybody, even members of your family if possible!! Being very careful is very important and very crucial at this time!!

As from tomorrow we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases.

* What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with *.

* And finally, please do not receive visits from anyone, not even from the same family. This is all for the good of all. *

WE WILL BE IN THE MAXIMUM STAGE OF INFECTION.

* DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS MESSAGE, PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS *"

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Postponed MOTs.
Deferred business rates.

Yep, credit where it's due, the pair of tory cox done good :)

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:53 pm
Dividing the messageboard by separating football and other topics up was a poor idea originally in my opinion. Doing it now would be a very bad idea. We’re not exactly logging on for Burnley related chat are we. We all share the same interest in football and in particular Burnley, but this is a good place to discuss all topics.

Agree that the bickering is getting ridiculous though. It seems to be the same poster at fault so it shouldn’t be difficult to sort out.
There’s far more political (and general) chat on here than any other football message board I’ve ever read. Must be because us Clarets are all highly intelligent and educated people, capable of holding a sophisticated conversations on current affairs :?

Good job, under the circumstances.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm
Yep, credit where it's due, the pair of tory cox done good :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:06 pm

You're new to this board, I take it, NC?

That's an odd message to be sent, Familycat. Completely unsolicited and no mention of anything remotely like it on tonight's televised update.
Strange.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:07 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Yes, please, why can't it just be football and another board or section or whatever for everything else?
This messageboard is now just a right-wing toilet.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:10 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 pm
Yep, if the general public are not happy with that, I honestly don’t know what more they want.

Think the questioning by the media at these daily events is embarrassing. The lady (forget her name, sorry) is absolutely bossing it and completely showing them up.

Beth Rigby? Shes pretty good. Some of the questioning have come from journalists that are clearly partisan. They clearly fail to be aware that who ever was PM, this virus would have handed them a poison chalice.

An unenviable task of balancing, the natural humanitarian urge to preserve as many lives as is possible. And, trying to ensure that when, God willing, we come out of this horrendous situation. Theres actually a viable economy left to come out to.

The enormity of the task , whoever had to do it. Cannot be overestimated.

In extraordinary circumstances they're playing a blinder.