Donald Trump

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Corky » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:19 pm

The Democrats need to go with Bernie and the USA needs to make him President.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:24 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Thank goodness for Schumer and Pelosi putting this in the bill or we'd all be missing out on the the interpretive dance on how to social distance.
Just need Uwe Noble to appear and we have the full gaggle of UTC Trump apologists back in town doing what they do best

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:30 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:24 pm
Just need Uwe Noble to appear and we have the full gaggle of UTC Trump apologists back in town doing what they do best
Since you can't refute what I said, you'll go with name calling. Situation normal.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:38 pm

Corky wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:19 pm
What is pretty astonishing in that our countries the best we can come up with is Johnson or Corbyn over here and Trump, Biden or Sanders over there. Or even Clinton last time.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:30 pm
Since you can't refute what I said, you'll go with name calling. Situation normal.
Ive seen enough of your posts to know youre a one sided loon who has no interest in genuine discussion

Trump labelled the virus a democrat hoax has told Mike Pence not to contact certain states to support them because they have been critical of him.

Plenty of other awful stuff Trump has done around handling this crisis but ignoring that are you prepared to defend trump on just the two things I've highlighted?

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:50 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:03 pm
Elwa, unfortunately you, like so many others are very quick to jump without reading what others say and stick to the topic without going off at a tangent!

I responded to one thing Ian said and one thing only because he made a statement that is truly wrong in regard to what Trump actually said and that is a FACT, your response to me is absolutely irrelevant to the fact. He stated quite clearly several times in front of TV cameras, I have seen and heard it on the news, he said he would love, really love to have this beaten by Easter, he did NOT in any way form or shape declare that the virus will end at Easter! Perhaps you have an alternative theory, was it Hollywood, did they have a double stand there and state those words of "I would Love", no of course not.

I am not commenting on any of your points, but I will tell you I know far more than you regarding this and what the US Gov./Trump are doing than you and I'll even hazard a guess at more than any other poster on here knows.

Does he lie, yes, does he boast, yes, is he full of BS, yes, do I like him, no. However I would bet a lot of money that he will get re-elected again, is there a correlation between him and BJ, yes.

Please stay safe, enjoy the weekend as best you can.
Your third paragraph reads as very Trumpian indeed!
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile KateR

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:54 pm

Cajun wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm
Lived in America 18 years now, although it makes me ashamed to admit I live in a country where Dirtbag Donald is the leader. The reasoning behind the recent impeachment trial acquittal means we now officially live in a dictatorship – the consolation being that the deranged narcissist in the Oval Office will not be there permanently, although he would love to adopt a Putin or Kim-style power system to ensure he does. I hate that this sleazeball is making decisions that affect my family, especially at this time where there is a global health crisis.
Never has the reputation of the US around the world been lower than it is now; because the most powerful country in the world has a corrupt, lying, racist, unhinged bigot in charge, then the security of the planet is at risk, the planet’s environment is now seriously at risk; and the US is becoming isolated and distrusted while Dirtbag Donald focuses on his ego, wallet and cock.
I refuse to let him make me depressed, but the atmosphere in the US now generated by this administration is one of vitriol and poison, lies and distortion, cheating and manipulation; everything revolves around Trump’s ego and is fed by Fairytale Fox and sycophants like Limbaugh and Hannity.
I will cheer his eventual passing.
There was a great sense of hope in the air when Obama came to power and during his tenure. From the moment the 2016 election result was confirmed there was a sense of “oh sh!t this bit of fun electing a TV personality is going to backfire big time.” I worked for many years with a woman whose family business was destroyed by one of Trump’s several bancruptcies in the 90s, “me” is all he cares about; his threats, abuse, insults and lies to back up his corruption and lawlessness are the norm here now.
I couldn't agree with you more!
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure AndrewJB

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:59 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:15 pm
I have lived in America longer than you but doesn't make me better or more knowledgeable than you, I hear from people with your views, you sound like the Andrew of the Tory party, you have your reasons but you are in the minority, which was proven before and I expect will be proven again. I can only talk about my experiences and under Trump it has been more positive than it was under Obama, but in all honesty not much different. I liked a lot of what Obama said and did so am not critical of him, we are all affected by our individual circumstances.

Please don't take this as a personal insult as it is not, but Trump like BJ is not all bad, nor are they all good, I have not voted for either of them, I think both have some good ideas, I think both opposition parties have good idea so I guess I am somewhere in the middle regarding my political views but I do not like people making up lies about what anyone says. Trump is such an easy target people don't have to make lies but they do.
You sound deranged to me!.......I think you may also have a crush on Donald Trump.
These 3 users liked this post: AndrewJB KateR Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:41 pm
Ive seen enough of your posts to know youre a one sided loon who has no interest in genuine discussion

Trump labelled the virus a democrat hoax has told Mike Pence not to contact certain states to support them because they have been critical of him.

Plenty of other awful stuff Trump has done around handling this crisis but ignoring that are you prepared to defend trump on just the two things I've highlighted?
Aha, a double down on the name calling. Excellent. But here are your answers.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trump ... -new-hoax/

Your statement is untrue and has been debunked many times.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 31381.html

I actually watched that news conference live. I took him to be joking when he said basically, 'if it was up to me I wouldn't call them because it's a waste of time, but Mike Pence calls them anyway.' So I don't know how you want to view that, but even taking the worst way to look at it it seems to me that he doesn't stop Mike Pence from doing his job of calling and coordinating with all governors, even if he wouldn't.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm

I predicted weeks ago that after all this is done with the USA will have the highest death toll of any developed country by some distance.

It will be higher than Brazil, higher than China, higher than the whole of Europe. Either directly as a result of the virus or the social unrest it will cause.

The richest country in the world is unable to protect itself because it have a moron in charge
These 4 users liked this post: Leisure Claret-On-A-T-Rex AndrewJB atlantalad

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:05 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:32 pm
Shut up you fool.

Boris is just what the UK need he his doing a great job.

Has for the lies. All politicians tell lies, it's part and parcel

Thank god we have Boris running the country and not dithering May or that incompetent fool Corbyn with his liebour chums
Deranged!.....the man is a liar and a fool.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Thank God for Donald Trump I say. Someone who says it like it is. People don't like him because he provokes them with the truth. The world is a better place with him as a leader. This is proven with statistics
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:02 pm

I actually watched that news conference live. I took him to be joking when he said basically, 'if it was up to me I wouldn't call them because it's a waste of time, but Mike Pence calls them anyway.' So I don't know how you want to view that, but even taking the worst way to look at it it seems to me that he doesn't stop Mike Pence from doing his job of calling and coordinating with all governors, even if he wouldn't.
So he did refer to Coronavirus as the new democrat hoax but he was misunderstood and he did advise Pence not to call some governors but he was just joking.

So there you go no matter what he does you will find a way to defend it and thats why I have no interest in you and your two pals twisted versions of the truth.

You carry on defending him at all costs and I'll save my sympathy for the innocent Americans whose lives are being and will continued to be destroyed his presidency
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure Taffy on the wing longsidepies

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:05 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:08 pm
Thank God for Donald Trump I say. Someone who says it like it is. People don't like him because he provokes them with the truth. The world is a better place with him as a leader. This is proven with statistics
Really. Can you provide some?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Joking? Just shows how he has no idea just how serious /devastating this situation is!

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:09 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:38 pm
Even as someone who was quite interested to see how Trump era would be seen long term to history...
This IS his legacy, fact. Whatever he was up to in reality (unfortunately one way or another I won’t be alive to see it, 70year rule) his public statements on this are every bit as misleading to the USA as Watergate and we now know the Bay of Pigs (where we’ve finally got access to what was really going on).

We have no idea where this is going lives wise... or after politically, economically or socially but world leaders are not happy, and will not forget.... 1. He was perfectly willing to see the rest of the world suffer, in the surreal belief North American’s were some kind of super breed. 2. He ignored his best informed advisors. 3. He put the greenback ahead of the citizen 4. When he finally realised he’d dropped the ball he tried to gazump the rest of the world by buying up nationally supported private research companies from around the world.

American first or Trump first?
Wake up and smell the coffee... this is not party politics. The guy has badly let those millions that continue to support him and it is very very sad.
So just exactly what is it that Trump's done that is so bad?

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm
Joking? Just shows how he has no idea just how serious /devastating this situation is!
Why do some people have no sense of humour?

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 pm
So he did refer to Coronavirus as the new democrat hoax but he was misunderstood and he did advise Pence not to call some governors but he was just joking.

So there you go no matter what he does you will find a way to defend it and thats why I have no interest in you and your two pals twisted versions of the truth.

You carry on defending him at all costs and I'll save my sympathy for the innocent Americans whose lives are being and will continued to be destroyed his presidency
Emotional hyperbole. Trump did not say the coronavirus was a hoax. You just want to believe it because you hate him. Pretty juvenile.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:16 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:08 pm
He's going to get re-elected.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Inchy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm
I predicted weeks ago that after all this is done with the USA will have the highest death toll of any developed country by some distance.

It will be higher than Brazil, higher than China, higher than the whole of Europe. Either directly as a result of the virus or the social unrest it will cause.

The richest country in the world is unable to protect itself because it have a moron in charge
Complete unsubstantiated nonsense. In fact wishful thinking on your part and all because of your media conditioned hatred of Trump. I have no doubt that when he stopped Chinese citizens coming in at the end of January you called him a racist.

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:16 pm
He's going to get re-elected.
Too many Bats in your Belfry i think!

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:40 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:42 pm

Yawn.
Better to stay quiet sometimes rather than utter the pointless, regurgitated garbage you do. The guy lives there but you know more than him.
Oh, OK.
Have a nice weekend.
That's why I've stuck her on ignore.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:45 pm

Makes me realise how right wing this place is when you have not only apologists for Trump, but full on supporters. Probably because they find it amusing when people get upset about racism, or in this case, unnecessary deaths. Awesome.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Uwe, what is it about Donald Trump that you like? Do you think him being President is good for Britain?

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:24 pm
Too many Bats in your Belfry i think!
Sure you said that last time too.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:00 pm

HieronymousBoschHobs wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:45 pm
Makes me realise how right wing this place is when you have not only apologists for Trump, but full on supporters. Probably because they find it amusing when people get upset about racism, or in this case, unnecessary deaths. Awesome.
Anyone who has a different opinion to you is right wing. Racism exists everywhere in your febrile imagination. Did you call Trump a racist because he stopped Chinese citizens coming in? I'll bet you did. Admit it, you're very left wing and neither Britain nor the US want your views. Hence we elected Trump and Boris.
Last edited by Uwe Noble on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:03 pm

Erasmus wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 pm
Uwe, what is it about Donald Trump that you like? Do you think him being President is good for Britain?
He believes in his country. He has the courage to call out political correctness and the media. He believes in strong borders and peace through strength. He reminds me of the last great American President, Ronald Reagan.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:04 pm

Shower of w@ankers on this thread. Remember when this forum started after ClaretsMad fell down a hill? It was well good. It's full of idiots now - or rather, people are acting more idiotic. I know I can be a bit of a pompous knob at times, but I'd like to think I don't sound completely retarded. What happened? Why are Burnley folk choosing to die on the hill of Donald Trump's presidency?

ecc
Been Liked: 1394 times
Has Liked: 1272 times

Post by ecc » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:27 pm

His ad-libbing "style" contrasts unbelivably with virtually all other leaders. There again he hates the "traditional" politicians and rednecks love him for his "Ordinary Joe" approach. I'm sure he'd do media conferences wearing a loud shirt and Bermuda shorts if his staff let him.

But we've got used to it. And just roll with it. He makes old man Le Pen look like a Warsaw Pact leader.

I just keep on wondering whether or not he's more intelligent than he seems.

yTib
Been Liked: 704 times
Has Liked: 657 times

Post by yTib » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:30 pm

ecc wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:27 pm

I just keep on wondering whether or not he's more intelligent than he seems.
for me it's the one problem with him that never arises.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:36 am

Inchy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong:
USA
1.1million doctors
Average salary $200-300k
Total income $220-330bn p.a.
Required ventilators 750,000
Ventilator cost $20k EA
Total ventilator cost $15bn.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corky wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:19 pm

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:02 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:25 pm
What is truly amazing .....and i live in the USA. Is that English people don't see that they Elected the exact same thing in Boris Johnson.
He's a Pathological liar..the only real difference is he has a posh voice.
Some of us do!
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:14 am

KateR wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:54 pm
you really should be able to post facts rather than state Fake News, which anyone can listen to, your apparent hatred and jumping on the Trump bandwagon is typical, but nothing like joining your mates in trying to kick some one when they can't see or reply is there?
I can only think that the TV you watch does not include Teump and his press conferences, KateR!

2 days ago, he answered the question about Coronavirus and how long before USA had it under control.

His answer was that he thinks the virus will have 'died down' by Easter'.

This is at a time when the USA numbers are spiralling out of control.

The man is bananas! He really is unfit to be in the outside world in charge if anything. Unfortunately, the USA seems to identify with such a person! Bad news for the rest of the world.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:44 am

IanMcL wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:14 am
I can only think that the TV you watch does not include Teump and his press conferences, KateR!

2 days ago, he answered the question about Coronavirus and how long before USA had it under control.

His answer was that he thinks the virus will have 'died down' by Easter'.

This is at a time when the USA numbers are spiralling out of control.

The man is bananas! He really is unfit to be in the outside world in charge if anything. Unfortunately, the USA seems to identify with such a person! Bad news for the rest of the world.
Trump was simply making the point that ultimately the damage caused by shutting down society will cause more damage than the coronavirus. He cited suicide as an example. He also suggested that we could do two things at once - fight coronavirus and get back to work.

You're the one who is "bananas". We need cool heads in a crisis. By the way did you support Trump's decision to ban Chinese citizens coming in to the US at the end if Jan or did you call him a racist, like most if the haters on here?

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:55 am

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:10 pm
A damning indictment of his handling of the situation.
Like the nine weeks our government wasted.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:00 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:55 am
Like the nine weeks our government wasted.
Come on Andrew this is an absurd suggestion as explained to you by dsr yesterday. Try to give some balance.
This user liked this post: KateR

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:05 am

Uwe Noble wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:44 am
Trump was simply making the point that ultimately the damage caused by shutting down society will cause more damage than the coronavirus. He cited suicide as an example. He also suggested that we could do two things at once - fight coronavirus and get back to work.

You're the one who is "bananas". We need cool heads in a crisis. By the way did you support Trump's decision to ban Chinese citizens coming in to the US at the end if Jan or did you call him a racist, like most if the haters on here?
That’s a bogus argument. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ives-trump

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:12 am

taio wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:00 am
Come on Andrew this is an absurd suggestion as explained to you by dsr yesterday. Try to give some balance.
Not at all absurd. We don’t have enough equipment. The government failed to act when we had the chance. I’m stating a fact.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:21 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:12 am
Not at all absurd. We don’t have enough equipment. The government failed to act when we had the chance. I’m stating a fact.
To provide some balance:

Professor Keith Willett, NHS Strategic Incident Director for Covid-19, said: 'Actually the NHS declared a Level Four - the highest - National Emergency on January 30, the day before his magazine article that Dr Horton claims should have been the signal, and fully six weeks before the World Health Organisation itself declared coronavirus a pandemic.

'Since then the NHS has mobilised right across the country at every level - to free up 33,000 beds for coronavirus patients - a third of all hospital capacity. We've enabled 18,000 nurses and doctors to return to practice, supported by 730,000 new volunteers. 

'And we've struck an unprecedented deal with the independent sector to use en bloc their 8,000 beds, as well as building three new Nightingale hospitals and procuring all available ventilators and clinical equipment.

'So in respect of our NHS responsibilities and response, the facts clearly speak for themselves.' 

A spokeswoman for the Department of Health and Social Care said: 'The UK's science-led action plan is led by global experts in the principles of infectious disease control. 

'We have followed a clear plan, underpinned by scientific evidence, to contain, delay, research and mitigate the outbreak.

'We acted swiftly to contain the spread of the virus and our world-class surveillance, including intensive contact tracing and quarantining of early cases, helped to slow it significantly - and targeted contract tracing continues.

'We have tested well over 100,000 people and have already set out plans to increase testing capacity to 25,000 a day.

'The NHS has been mobilising for months and we are working around the clock to give the NHS and the wider social care sector the equipment and support they need to tackle this outbreak. 

'On Thursday alone over 21 million facemasks, 9 million aprons, 20 million gloves and 700,000 eye protectors were delivered to frontline workers.' 
These 2 users liked this post: Uwe Noble KateR

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:29 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:05 am
That’s a bogus argument. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ives-trump
Instead of referencing uber liberal sources like the Guardian why don't you tell us what you think and why. The Guardian has no credibility with many people.

Did you support Trump's China travel ban at the end of January or did you call him a racist?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:41 am

taio wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:21 am
To provide some balance:

Professor Keith Willett, NHS Strategic Incident Director for Covid-19, said: 'Actually the NHS declared a Level Four - the highest - National Emergency on January 30, the day before his magazine article that Dr Horton claims should have been the signal, and fully six weeks before the World Health Organisation itself declared coronavirus a pandemic.

'Since then the NHS has mobilised right across the country at every level - to free up 33,000 beds for coronavirus patients - a third of all hospital capacity. We've enabled 18,000 nurses and doctors to return to practice, supported by 730,000 new volunteers. 

'And we've struck an unprecedented deal with the independent sector to use en bloc their 8,000 beds, as well as building three new Nightingale hospitals and procuring all available ventilators and clinical equipment.

'So in respect of our NHS responsibilities and response, the facts clearly speak for themselves.' 

A spokeswoman for the Department of Health and Social Care said: 'The UK's science-led action plan is led by global experts in the principles of infectious disease control. 

'We have followed a clear plan, underpinned by scientific evidence, to contain, delay, research and mitigate the outbreak.

'We acted swiftly to contain the spread of the virus and our world-class surveillance, including intensive contact tracing and quarantining of early cases, helped to slow it significantly - and targeted contract tracing continues.

'We have tested well over 100,000 people and have already set out plans to increase testing capacity to 25,000 a day.

'The NHS has been mobilising for months and we are working around the clock to give the NHS and the wider social care sector the equipment and support they need to tackle this outbreak. 

'On Thursday alone over 21 million facemasks, 9 million aprons, 20 million gloves and 700,000 eye protectors were delivered to frontline workers.' 
What you failed to mention: Germany tests half a million people per week. Our frontline staff still don’t have enough equipment. The government had plenty of time, but failed to act.

It’s sad that in Burnley today we have people willing to doff their caps, crawl on the floor, and make excuses for a disgraceful Tory government.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:55 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:41 am
What you failed to mention: Germany tests half a million people per week. Our frontline staff still don’t have enough equipment. The government had plenty of time, but failed to act.

It’s sad that in Burnley today we have people willing to doff their caps, crawl on the floor, and make excuses for a disgraceful Tory government.
A record majority of the British public disagree with you in the most recent opinion poll. It's why we have a Tory government. Magic Grandad did not cut the mustard. Time to move on.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:06 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:41 am

Why would I refer to Germany when I was directly quoting others to give some balance.

What's sad is that you only want to focus on the politics with no recognition of the societal response which has been incredible. I'm certain that with the passage of time it will be proven that mistakes were made and so there are important lessons to be learned. That's inevitable with a situation like this. But in your completely fixed and blinded view of the government, which was always going to be the case no matter what, you are also insulting the phenomenonal efforts of the organisations and citizens who are doing so much to bring the country through this. Let's see how the UKs mortality rates compare with other similar European countries at the end of this. If it is an outlier then there should be serious consequences.

In short, what you've said above shows your true colours and motives in that you are only bothered about the politics, and illustrates you have no understanding of the scale of the challenge.
These 2 users liked this post: Uwe Noble KateR

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:30 am

taio wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:06 am
Why would I refer to Germany when I was directly quoting others to give some balance.

What's sad is that you only want to focus on the politics with no recognition of the societal response which has been incredible. I'm certain that with the passage of time it will be proven that mistakes were made and so there are important lessons to be learned. That's inevitable with a situation like this. But in your completely fixed and blinded view of the government, which was always going to be the case no matter what, you are also insulting the phenomenonal efforts of the organisations and citizens who are doing so much to bring the country through this. Let's see how the UKs mortality rates compare with other similar European countries at the end of this. If it is an outlier then there should be serious consequences.

In short, what you've said above shows your true colours and motives in that you are only bothered about the politics, and illustrates you have no understanding of the scale of the challenge.
I haven’t said I’m only bothered about politics at all, on any thread. So keen to suppress the facts, you’ve gone personal, and now invent that I don’t appreciate doctors and nurses. From someone who champions the party who recently part privatised the NHS.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 am

Uwe Noble wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:55 am
A record majority of the British public disagree with you in the most recent opinion poll. It's why we have a Tory government. Magic Grandad did not cut the mustard. Time to move on.
I’m part of the 93% who agree with the lockdown. That’s the 93% who believe lives are more important than business as usual for the free market.

taio

Post by taio » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:39 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:30 am
I haven’t said I’m only bothered about politics at all, on any thread. So keen to suppress the facts, you’ve gone personal, and now invent that I don’t appreciate doctors and nurses. From someone who champions the party who recently part privatised the NHS.
You haven't said that, no. I'm saying your motives are politically driven. I mean look at what you said above. Let's not go down the NHS privatisation road because that's just political too, especially when the Labour party has done it's fair share of privatisation and the private sector is playing an important part in the response to the crisis.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:43 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:35 am
I’m part of the 93% who agree with the lockdown. That’s the 93% who believe lives are more important than business as usual for the free market.
Thanks for NOT answering the question (AGAIN).

SmudgetheClaret
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by SmudgetheClaret » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:55 am

A better question is how would the alternative be coping?
Clinton and the insanely corrupt Dems ?

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:18 am

taio wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:21 am
To provide some balance:

You can give all the ‘balance’ you want, but not one word of it has put us on a better path than the parts of the world that coronavirus hit before us. In fact we’re doing significantly worse than some. That would suggest that the warning we had was wasted and that rather than a ‘science led approach’ we should have been looking at the rest of the world to see what was actually working in practice. But this is the new politics unfortunately, ‘Britain knows best’.