Green Flag App

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
blackburnturfite
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Green Flag App

Post by blackburnturfite » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:10 pm

I have received a e-mail from Green Flag asking me to install their app on my mobile, password, verifification code, upper and lower case letters including numbers, as i am 70+ years of age i am finding this hard to follow cannot ask family to help, as with this virus i am more or less isolated, just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problem.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Re: Green Flag App

Post by claretblue » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:32 pm

don't raise the white flag to green flag! :D

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:51 pm

blackburnturfite wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:10 pm
I have received a e-mail from Green Flag asking me to install their app on my mobile, password, verifification code, upper and lower case letters including numbers, as i am 70+ years of age i am finding this hard to follow cannot ask family to help, as with this virus i am more or less isolated, just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problem.
Hi mate, Im with Green Flag but not downloaded the App. Will try and sort it tomorrow and if I can get it working will be happy to try and help you
This user liked this post: blackburnturfite

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:53 pm

blackburnturfite wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:10 pm
Tell them your mobile doesn't do apps. Then ask them if they think AA would be a better service. I bet they find a solution.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat blackburnturfite

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:52 pm

If they ask you to do their app, via email, there is usually a link to click on to access it.

If no link, just search for Green Flag in the Google Play Store. It is there, I just checked.

Click install and then when downloaded, click open.

Usually there is then the option to register/log in etc.

Usually, you chose the password, unless they have given you a process in that email, to follow. Then just do what they say, one step at a time.

For instance, when you open the app, it might send you an initial verification or passcode, before confirming it is you.

The email is the key to you required action. Usually that first link click leads to the next step etc.

Just in case: UPER CASE. lower case !@#$%^&*£€_/=÷× (characters)

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:49 am

IanMcL wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:52 pm
If they ask you to do their app, via email, there is usually a link to click on to access it.

If no link, just search for Green Flag in the Google Play Store. It is there, I just checked.

Click install and then when downloaded, click open.

Usually there is then the option to register/log in etc.

Usually, you chose the password, unless they have given you a process in that email, to follow. Then just do what they say, one step at a time.

For instance, when you open the app, it might send you an initial verification or passcode, before confirming it is you.

The email is the key to you required action. Usually that first link click leads to the next step etc.

Just in case: UPER CASE. lower case !@#$%^&*£€_/=÷× (characters)
I would advise not to click on links in emails and do the search within the App Store for Green Flag
Even though the link will take you there, it could still be a dummy app and used for phishing/scamming details

blackburnturfite
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by blackburnturfite » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:26 pm

Thanks to all of you for your time,at the end after numerous attempts i cracked it,very frustrating.Thanks again. UTC.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:29 pm

You can help me then later!! :D