Donald Trump

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1995 times
Has Liked: 1141 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:02 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:46 pm
And now we turn to the jinese conspiracy theory.
When all else fails go with a conspiracy theory that scientists are debunking.
Oh yes fake science.
If the Chinese had made it, it would have broken by now.
The only actual facts that I can see that the pandemic started at a lab in Wuhan China where scientists were working on viruses. Was it released deliberately or by accident. That is the only question to remain unanswered. Scientists are leaning towards an accidental release as the cause. However they are also citing a lack of acceptable safety standards in the lab which allowed the virus to escape into the population. China’s answer was to lockdown Wuhan and stop all internal flights to Beijing and Shanghai etc. Neithet important city suffered any outbreak. However the Chinese continued to allow international flights. Why would they do that ? And the rest as they say is history. This is not a conspiracy theory as many on the left prefer to call it. It is simply what happened

grapidianclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:09 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:59 pm
Forgive me for being a nosey parker,but are you in a swing state,you don't have to specify where,because as ever it'll be those that'll make the difference,that's what cost Hilary Clinton in 2016,you'd imagine the Dems wouldn't make the same mistake twice,and Biden will be working those rust belt states hard.
I am in a swing state, Michigan.
The three northern swing States are Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
At this point,I can not see anything but a Biden victory in all three states. Biden is a native son of Pennsylvania,Wisconsin just removed an.entrenched Republican supreme Court judge by 120,000 votes, a stunning victory and a stunning amount of votes during a pandemic where the Republicans deliberately endangered voters who in order to affect the vote,and Michigan will have African Americans vote, in Obama numbers,which was the difference in Michigan in 16. On fact, African Americans voting countrywide will be a massive difference from the 16 numbers,especially as this virus has adversely affected African Americans.

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:13 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:02 pm
The only actual facts that I can see that the pandemic started at a lab in Wuhan China where scientists were working on viruses. Was it released deliberately or by accident. That is the only question to remain unanswered. Scientists are leaning towards an accidental release as the cause. However they are also citing a lack of acceptable safety standards in the lab which allowed the virus to escape into the population. China’s answer was to lockdown Wuhan and stop all internal flights to Beijing and Shanghai etc. Neithet important city suffered any outbreak. However the Chinese continued to allow international flights. Why would they do that ? And the rest as they say is history. This is not a conspiracy theory as many on the left prefer to call it. It is simply what happened
You need to cut down on your intake of Fox news F.C.
A few weeks ago, it was how come China only has a few cases,Russia none and North Korea none?
Now that has all gone tits up its back to China started it all and it was an accidental release
Next you will be saying Boris really was sick!
Say hi to Elvis for me
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:14 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:02 pm

When was this proven as fact?

I’m sceptical about the whole Bat reasoning provided but can’t see any facts being proven on the lab front?

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:31 pm

So are you mainlining bleach at the moment F.C.?

THIS is what you elected.

Cajun
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Cajun » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:09 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:45 pm
Don’t panic guys it will soon be November and Mr sharp as a tack Biden will be in control 😂😂😂. So how many on here will actually vote for Biden. Come on don’t be shy.
Seeing as how you ask -- Not a citizen so I don't have a vote here, but in my immediate circle my wife, son, daughter, her boyfriend, my daughter-in-law, and my wife's extended family across the country (bar one gun enthusiast) will be voting for Biden. They realize a vote for Trump is a vote for bigotry, corruption and racism; a vote to destabilize the planet and destroy the Earth's environment; a vote for a wannabe dictator who wants to be fawned over by masses forced to applaud him with no dissent allowed; a vote for rule by threats, abuse, insults and lies; a vote for a man who wants the media to be a single Fairytale Fox personal propaganda machine.
Biden has his shortcomings, but will be infinitely better in the role than Dirtbag Donald who has shredded the reputation of the USA around the world.
These 2 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing tiger76

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Trump has jumped the shark with this one. Won't be long before GOP cut him loose.

FCBurnley

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:31 pm

No I am trying to work out how anybody can be so stupid as to not think the Pandemic originated in a lab in Wuhan China. Would love to know your theory on how it all started but of course you won’t say because that spoils your whole logic.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:23 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm
No I am trying to work out how anybody can be so stupid as to not think the Pandemic originated in a lab in Wuhan China. Would love to know your theory on how it all started but of course you won’t say because that spoils your whole logic.
You got any proof it started in a lab?

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:31 pm

A perfect illustration of FAKE NEWS. The media proves yet again it thinks Americans are stupid! Trump discusses doctors are considering internal disinfectant of blood and lungs & media screams Trump recommends bleach. Normal people understand that means testing of pharmaceuticals to disinfect blood/lungs.

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:27 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm
Fortunately,history is on my side. Unless the Chinese have been secretly manufacturing viruses for millenia.

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 pm
A perfect illustration of FAKE NEWS. The media proves yet again it thinks Americans are stupid! Trump discusses doctors are considering internal disinfectant of blood and lungs & media screams Trump recommends bleach. Normal people understand that means testing of pharmaceuticals to disinfect blood/lungs.
If your normal mate,I am happy being a freak

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6171 times

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Uwe,
I think you need to leave this one, he was totally irresponsible in what and when he said it in terms of to the masses because it's just plain wrong and you can not really defend it in all seriousness.
These 3 users liked this post: grapidianclaret tiger76 longsidepies

claretabroad
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by claretabroad » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:29 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Who will you be voting for
I don't get to vote in the US elections.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2216 times
Has Liked: 2204 times

Post by fidelcastro » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:30 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 pm

But Americans are stupid. They elected Donald Trump!

:o

FCBurnley

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:40 pm

claretabroad wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:29 pm
I don't get to vote in the US elections.
That’s weird if you are married to an American unless of course you don’t live in USA which would explain your better half’s voting choice

FCBurnley

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:27 pm
Fortunately,history is on my side. Unless the Chinese have been secretly manufacturing viruses for millenia.
Usual non answer. Just say where and how you think the current pandemic started. I have told you what I think( right or wrong) so let’s hear your genius idea
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:45 pm

KateR wrote:
Uwe,
I think you need to leave this one, he was totally irresponsible in what and when he said it in terms of to the masses because it's just plain wrong and you can not really defend it in all seriousness.
Easy to sit on the fence, Kate, especially when you are in a minority. Both you and I know that Trump is unfairly hammered for everything and anything because essentially the media are an extension of the Democratic party.

Trump is not an articulate, smooth operator in the Obama/Blair style but he is authentic. He was elected by the American people to be a "bull in a China shop" and to get the job done not just talk. In November, all this will be forgotten and he will be re-elected.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:47 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:30 pm
But Americans are stupid. They elected Donald Trump!

:o
Please keep repeating this, in the US as well if you possibly can. You will guarantee a Trump landslide.

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:47 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 pm
Usual non answer. Just say where and how you think the current pandemic started. I have told you what I think( right or wrong) so let’s hear your genius idea
Someone's a little tetchy today.
I believe it was transfered from an animal or bird to a human. Probably after a mutation.
Happy now?
How is that disinfectant going down?
I also believe man walked on the moon BTW
Not sure on Kennedy's assassination yet.
But don't believe the Chinese were involved

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:50 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:25 pm
But global destruction by China is ok ? There are none so blind as those that cannot see !
You are aware there’s middle ground? Trump is an extreme, and dangerous

aggi
Been Liked: 2113 times

Post by aggi » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:50 pm

I can't be the only one who is curious about Uwe.

The username suggests that he's a Burnley fan and he claims to be from Padiham but pretty much the only thing he posts about is Trump.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:54 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:41 pm
In all seriousness I really hope nobody listens to Donald Trump’s latest words of wisdom about drinking bleach.

It could cause a huge rise in cases of Domestos violence
Please give me the source for where Trump advised people to " drink bleach".

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Wooosh
Absolutely thick as mince.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:45 pm
Easy to sit on the fence, Kate, especially when you are in a minority. Both you and I know that Trump is unfairly hammered for everything and anything because essentially the media are an extension of the Democratic party.

Trump is not an articulate, smooth operator in the Obama/Blair style but he is authentic. He was elected by the American people to be a "bull in a China shop" and to get the job done not just talk. In November, all this will be forgotten and he will be re-elected.
:lol: The one thing Trump does not project is people sitting on a fence, I would suggest many if not most know whether they like & will vote for him or dislike and vote against him.

There are probably a small group that haven't decided for one reason or another, but we will see whenever the election is, have said before he is his own worst enemy and must be an absolute nightmare trying to work around him particularly in Marketing, PR & Communications teams.

I don't see this as being a defining point in people changing minds, I don't see how even his most ardent supporters can defend this statement, it was wrong on so many levels and idiotic, see I am not on the fence at all in regard to yesterdays briefing. I agree it will soon be forgotten until campaigning starts and there will be a litany of these kinds of statements plastered everywhere to remind people and try to influence them that this is what you are going to have to put up with for another 4 years. Will it make a material difference, well I am waiting to see as I think there are much much bigger issues than a totally stupid irresponsible one liner.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:57 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 pm
It's looking very much like it has come from a laboratory in Wuhan. That certainly seems to be the emerging consensus.

China has a lot of explaining to do.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:00 pm

To be clear Uwe, do you think Trump was talking sense in last nights press conference or not?

FCBurnley

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:00 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:47 pm
Someone's a little tetchy today.
I believe it was transfered from an animal or bird to a human. Probably after a mutation.
Happy now?
How is that disinfectant going down?
I also believe man walked on the moon BTW
Not sure on Kennedy's assassination yet.
But don't believe the Chinese were involved
If you don’t believe the Chinese were involved then there is nothing further to discuss. Our views are light years apart. Stay Safe

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:02 pm

:lol:

Pack it in, you're too daft to laugh at.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:05 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:54 pm
Please give me the source for where Trump advised people to " drink bleach".
It’s ok, he didn’t say drink bleach... he said inject it instead

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:09 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:05 pm
It’s ok, he didn’t say drink bleach... he said inject it instead
He said inject bleach only because he wants you to drink Dettol at the same time.
Then you have to rub your tummy anti clockwise and close your eyes and say “There’s no place like home” 3 times and the magic will start working.

I say “magic” but you could also say feeling very drowsy before going unconscious and into a life threatening coma.

It’s all good fun though
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan longsidepies

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:09 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:00 pm
If you don’t believe the Chinese were involved then there is nothing further to discuss. Our views are light years apart. Stay Safe
Our views have never been anything but light years apart. It never stopped our discourse when you felt "your side" was on the up.
You don't believe in climate change,you don't believe in any science that contradicts your world view.
If it turns out,with solid scientific proof ,that the chinese created this virus, then mine will be one of the loudest voices screaming for justice.
If it turns out to be natural, you will be screaming fake science.
Likewise,stay safe.

FCBurnley

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:50 pm
You are aware there’s middle ground? Trump is an extreme, and dangerous
And the middle ground is who ? Certainly not the financially corrupt senile Biden or Trump. Actually you have hit the nail on the head. America is such a divided nation that there is no middle ground. We currently have a President who I believe is doing his best. If his best is not good enough then he will lose in November. Then the current situation will be reversed ie the Republicans will block anything they can to stop whoever is the President from being successful just as the Dems have done with Trump. We currently have a situation in America where the President is trying his best to save lives and the opposition want him to fail. That’s how sad it is and until that changes America will continue to fail. So show me the middle ground and you will have my vote in November
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:16 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:56 pm
:lol: The one thing Trump does not project is people sitting on a fence, I would suggest many if not most know whether they like & will vote for him or dislike and vote against him.

There are probably a small group that haven't decided for one reason or another, but we will see whenever the election is, have said before he is his own worst enemy and must be an absolute nightmare trying to work around him particularly in Marketing, PR & Communications teams.

I don't see this as being a defining point in people changing minds, I don't see how even his most ardent supporters can defend this statement, it was wrong on so many levels and idiotic, see I am not on the fence at all in regard to yesterdays briefing. I agree it will soon be forgotten until campaigning starts and there will be a litany of these kinds of statements plastered everywhere to remind people and try to influence them that this is what you are going to have to put up with for another 4 years. Will it make a material difference, well I am waiting to see as I think there are much much bigger issues than a totally stupid irresponsible one liner.
Nice to have a rational, civilised discussion for once on this board. Trump needs to be put in context. A 72 year old billionaire gives up his cushy lifestyle out if a sincere desire to serve his country. He donates his salary to the department for veteran affairs.

Uniquely, amongst modern politicians, he recognized the threat posed by China and his prescience is being vindicated right now. In the coming months we will learn about an unprecedented and illegal surveillance of the Trump election campaign which continued after his election through the Mueller inquiry and the Ukraine fiasco.

All this has been aided and abetted by a corrupt media who refused to clover anything that damages the prospects of the Democrats. Trump and his family are subjected to unrelenting scrutiny and abuse by that same corrupt media.

I could go on, but for all his flaws Trump is a historic candidate. His destiny and hopefully his re-election are inextricably linked to the survival of the US as we now know it.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5070 times
Has Liked: 6839 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 pm

You look at the Bushes,Reagan Trump etc and its frightening to see the lack of intelligence compassion, planning and vision of the leaders of the most powerful country on earth.
Obama had his critics but he has been head and shoulders above any president in my lifetime.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:00 pm
To be clear Uwe, do you think Trump was talking sense in last nights press conference or not?
No he was typically inarticulate and clumsy. Trump wasn't elected to "smooth talk" like his useless predecessor. He's a doer, he was elected to be a bull in a China shop and that's what he's doing!
Last edited by Uwe Noble on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:19 pm

When the Onion ran this satirical story in March you'd be forgiven for thinking you can't even make that sh*t up, but with Trump in charge never say never

https://local.theonion.com/man-just-buy ... ampaign=SF
These 2 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing grapidianclaret

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:25 pm

KateR wrote:
Uwe,
Wow! A full house.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:31 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 pm
You look at the Bushes,Reagan Trump etc and its frightening to see the lack of intelligence compassion, planning and vision of the leaders of the most powerful country on earth.
Obama had his critics but he has been head and shoulders above any president in my lifetime.
not really sure how you look at this kind of thing, but you are going back a few decades and I agree there is a lot to be desired in a few of them as people however the country as a whole has continued to prosper and done much better than numerous other countries in terms of Joe public's life style, so how do you square that by your attack (on only Republican leaders) Surely a Presidents job is to ensure the country prospers and the people see benefits as a whole and it's not a popularity contest when they are in power, interesting you missed Clinton out, just seems a very odd statement to me

ALERT: I am not saying they were great or everything they did was wonderful and just curious on what you think the main points are in regard to the President Of the USA job description might be, I see what you listed differently as I would absolutely refute your statement around lack of intelligence for example, I also think the vision was pretty solid.
Last edited by KateR on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:32 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 pm
Congratulations on winning the dumbest post of the day. To describe Ronald Reagan as lacking intelligence, compassion etc betrays a complete ignorance of the significance of one of the greatest American Presidents. His achievements are colossal. Who the hell taught you history? Please name one consequential achievement by Obama.

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:33 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:19 pm
No he was typically inarticulate and clumsy. Trump wasn't elected to "smooth talk" like his useless predecessor. He's a doer, he was elected to be a bull in a China shop and that's what he's doing!
I bet when he woke up this morning and remembered what he recommended,all the color drained from his face.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:37 pm

So, to be clear. It’s OK to inject yourself with bleach to combat Coronavirus...???

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:44 pm

Bye tge way, some of us are old enough to remember the liberal contempt and opprobrium that was heaped on Ronald Reagan. Very similar to what is happening to Trump. Of course, Reagan's greatest achievement was to end the Cold War without firing a single bullet. Good job we did n't listen to CND and all the carping critics if the time.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Looking at that post my guess is that somebody has just drank their first bottle of prescribed Dettol.

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 pm

One thing I've noticed. 100% of my friends/acquaintances on Facebook who regularly, or even sparingly, post pro-Trump content all fall into the 'bit of a knobhead' category.

It's really strange.

:twisted:
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Love how the Trump luvvies are trying to detract from this. This has nothing to do with liberals or Biden - stop deflecting.

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:44 pm
Bye tge way, some of us are old enough to remember the liberal contempt and opprobrium that was heaped on Ronald Reagan. Very similar to what is happening to Trump. Of course, Reagan's greatest achievement was to end the Cold War without firing a single bullet. Good job we did n't listen to CND and all the carping critics if the time.
I always laugh about that star wars B.S from Reagan,when he told the Soviets that their nuclear arsenal would soon be obsolete and the the politburo had an emergency meeting and voted on a pre emptive nuclear strike on the west.
Good times,good times.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1663 times
Has Liked: 2972 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Cheers Uwe !
Attachments
09e8f84e-cc51-478d-a4e6-a27c5279a8c2.JPG
09e8f84e-cc51-478d-a4e6-a27c5279a8c2.JPG (55.34 KiB) Viewed 1753 times

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:27 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:20 pm
I always laugh about that star wars B.S from Reagan,when he told the Soviets that their nuclear arsenal would soon be obsolete and the the politburo had an emergency meeting and voted on a pre emptive nuclear strike on the west.
Good times,good times.
I amazed you remember that much. Talk about "casting pearls before swiine ...?"

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Swiine?