Covid-19

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Zlatan
Posts: 1634
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 572 times
Has Liked: 1328 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Zlatan » Mon May 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:13 pm
Image
Not sure who deserves a Whoosh...

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 6622
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2563 times
Has Liked: 489 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon May 18, 2020 10:38 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:34 pm
Not sure who deserves a Whoosh...
I know its become complicated

Image
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Tall Paul
Posts: 5522
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am
Been Liked: 2010 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Tall Paul » Mon May 18, 2020 10:49 pm

lol

KateR
Posts: 2383
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Been Liked: 448 times
Has Liked: 3091 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by KateR » Mon May 18, 2020 11:02 pm

well I know it wasn't me for once :)

martin_p
Posts: 6676
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2231 times
Has Liked: 495 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by martin_p » Mon May 18, 2020 11:10 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:08 pm
The ridicule comes because normally there are 28 days in Feb and 29 on a leap year, so there is no 30th Feb ever
Ah, but you have no evidence that there won’t be a 30th February 2024 do you! It’s a well established fact on this board that you can’t have evidence of anything until after it has happened, so anyone who holds the opinion that there will be a 30th February 2024 can’t be challenged until 1st March! Has there been been a February 2024 before, yes or no? So you can’t have any evidence that there won’t be a 30th day! ;)
These 5 users liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm Zlatan TVC15 longsidepies Bordeauxclaret

Zlatan
Posts: 1634
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 572 times
Has Liked: 1328 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Zlatan » Mon May 18, 2020 11:18 pm

martin_p wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:10 pm
Ah, but you have no evidence that there won’t be a 30th February 2024 do you! It’s a well established fact on this board that you can’t have evidence of anything until after it has happened, so anyone who holds the opinion that there will be a 30th February 2024 can’t be challenged until 1st March! Has there been been a February 2024 before, yes or no? So you can’t have any evidence that there won’t be a 30th day! ;)
Will a calendar do?
DB849805-4DB2-4387-A556-409D109818E8.jpeg
DB849805-4DB2-4387-A556-409D109818E8.jpeg (190.79 KiB) Viewed 904 times
:D

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 6622
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 2563 times
Has Liked: 489 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 pm

You idiots obviously weren't about in Sweden in the 18th Century

Image
This user liked this post: Zlatan

martin_p
Posts: 6676
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2231 times
Has Liked: 495 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by martin_p » Mon May 18, 2020 11:25 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:18 pm
Will a calendar do?
DB849805-4DB2-4387-A556-409D109818E8.jpeg

:D
I repeat, has there ever been a February 2024 before?

Yes or no?

(and will repeat this question ad nauseum to deflect from the fact I’m wrong, writing this in small font at the bottom of the post for no apparent reason)
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan SalouClaret

CombatClaret
Posts: 3391
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 727 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by CombatClaret » Mon May 18, 2020 11:46 pm

A shame that fumbling over a date distracted from some of the guff he came out with about the governments reasons not the update the symptoms in a timely manner.
Probably causing maybe people to spread the disease and 111 to tell people who had the virus that they didn't.

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:46 pm
A shame that fumbling over a date distracted from some of the guff he came out with about the governments reasons not the update the symptoms in a timely manner.
Probably causing maybe people to spread the disease and 111 to tell people who had the virus that they didn't.
There was a care home manager echoing precisely those thoughts on our evening news earlier,he said he didn't know if anybody had spread the disease unknowingly,but if this advice has been in place sooner it might have saved lives,the government have taken a cavalier approach from the earliest stages of this outbreak and now we the citizens who they're supposed to protect are paying the price.

Following the science my backside,that's the biggest lie since Coyle claimed he was visiting his mother in Scotland.

chadders
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:09 pm
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by chadders » Tue May 19, 2020 12:03 am

Yes, our daughter lost her sense of taste and smell at the time her boyfriend was very poorly and going downhill rapidly. Those were pretty much the only symptoms she had apart from being tired. About the week before lockdown.

jackmiggins
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 pm
Been Liked: 93 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by jackmiggins » Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:17 pm
Yes, I recall one poster being very vocal about how open borders have allowed the virus to spread unchecked. Interestingly though, he hasn't commented on our government's failing to close them.
Commented many times on this, as I see it as the main reason we have such poor comparative figures to other nations that did shut down their borders. Basically grew bored with beating the same job on here - also was jumped on by one poster who had been on holiday in March and seemed to think he/she had to justify it.

jackmiggins
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 pm
Been Liked: 93 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by jackmiggins » Tue May 19, 2020 4:03 am

Didn’t see much of yesterday’s update, but it was pretty excruciating to see Tam not answer many questions - looked extremely uncomfortable. Taste and smell loss was reported weeks ago - I think the time is fast approaching when hiding behind ‘the science’ won’t wash!

Grumps
Posts: 2296
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am
Been Liked: 461 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Grumps » Tue May 19, 2020 6:09 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:35 pm
Fair play if you remember the 30th February.
Fair point :lol:

Grumps
Posts: 2296
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am
Been Liked: 461 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Grumps » Tue May 19, 2020 6:41 am

jackmiggins wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 am
Commented many times on this, as I see it as the main reason we have such poor comparative figures to other nations that did shut down their borders. Basically grew bored with beating the same job on here - also was jumped on by one poster who had been on holiday in March and seemed to think he/she had to justify it.
You got jumped on because you were wrong
I went on holiday in February, on a date I could have flown, unchecked into New Zealand or Germany ( and most other countries in the world) two of the countries seen as being successful in this fight. I also flew back on a date I could still have flown into those two countries.

Nether tightened their borders till mid march.

Your argument has always been we should have closed our airports at the beginning of March. With hindsight iam sure every country might agree with you, unfortunately those decisions had to be made without that benefit.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Damo
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:04 pm
Been Liked: 1513 times
Has Liked: 2313 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Damo » Tue May 19, 2020 7:06 am

It's a crying shame that we didnt have jackmiggins off a football forum, and his time machine advising the government during this pandemic.
Think of all the lives we could have saved
This user liked this post: paulatky

Burnley1989
Posts: 2006
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:19 am
Been Liked: 637 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:27 am

Grumps wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:41 am
You got jumped on because you were wrong
I went on holiday in February, on a date I could have flown, unchecked into New Zealand or Germany ( and most other countries in the world) two of the countries seen as being successful in this fight. I also flew back on a date I could still have flown into those two countries.

Nether tightened their borders till mid march.

Your argument has always been we should have closed our airports at the beginning of March. With hindsight iam sure every country might agree with you, unfortunately those decisions had to be made without that benefit.
I can’t believe he’s still banging that drum

Lord Rothbury
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:44 am
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Lord Rothbury » Tue May 19, 2020 8:09 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:27 am
I can’t believe he’s still banging that drum
Muggins seems to have some sort of agenda against Grumps and his perfectly valid travel.Time for Muggins to drop it as he is talking nonsense.

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 2845
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1336 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:20 am

Damo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:06 am
It's a crying shame that we didnt have jackmiggins off a football forum, and his time machine advising the government during this pandemic.
Think of all the lives we could have saved

Think of those lost though bored to death

paulatky
Posts: 1207
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25 am
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 561 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by paulatky » Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 am

jackmiggins wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 am
Commented many times on this, as I see it as the main reason we have such poor comparative figures to other nations that did shut down their borders. Basically grew bored with beating the same job on here - also was jumped on by one poster who had been on holiday in March and seemed to think he/she had to justify it.
Was that poster Grumps. The same guy who didnt know wether number of cases had peaked at the beginning of March

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 2845
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1336 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:57 am

paulatky wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 am
Was that poster Grumps. The same guy who didnt know wether number of cases had peaked at the beginning of March
Or was it the guy with 2 accounts, using the other to back up his own view and pat himself on the back then claim it was his wife :D

Funny how your wife has stopped posting since that day you slipped up
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

jackmiggins
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 pm
Been Liked: 93 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by jackmiggins » Tue May 19, 2020 9:01 am

That’s why I stopped posting!
Incidentally - no axe to grind with Grumps at all. More to do with the millions of passengers flying in with NO CONTROLS in place.

martin_p
Posts: 6676
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2231 times
Has Liked: 495 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by martin_p » Tue May 19, 2020 9:03 am

Damo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:06 am
It's a crying shame that we didnt have jackmiggins off a football forum, and his time machine advising the government during this pandemic.
Think of all the lives we could have saved
Or indeed any governments around the world going through this a few weeks before us..... oh, hang on.
These 2 users liked this post: paulatky CombatClaret

LoveCurryPies
Posts: 3449
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 am
Been Liked: 1240 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue May 19, 2020 10:03 am

NEWS

Almost 40,000 have died from coronavirus in UK.

Office for National Statistics.

Paul Waine
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:28 pm
Been Liked: 1441 times
Has Liked: 1765 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Paul Waine » Tue May 19, 2020 10:39 am

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:03 am
NEWS

Almost 40,000 have died from coronavirus in UK.

Office for National Statistics.
It's not quite the same as reaching 40 points, is it. :( :( :(

Steve-Harpers-perm
Posts: 3445
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:52 am
Been Liked: 1117 times
Has Liked: 466 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue May 19, 2020 11:05 am

Is the Prime Minister ill again? Seems to have disappeared.

CombatClaret
Posts: 3391
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 727 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by CombatClaret » Tue May 19, 2020 11:20 am

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:03 am
NEWS
Almost 40,000 have died from coronavirus in UK.
Office for National Statistics.
62,900 Excess death since March

Pimlico_Claret
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:08 am
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 647 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Tue May 19, 2020 11:37 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:05 am
Is the Prime Minister ill again? Seems to have disappeared.
Was thinking exactly this, strangely invisible since last week's car crash TV appearance.

CombatClaret
Posts: 3391
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 727 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by CombatClaret » Tue May 19, 2020 12:28 pm

'If the science was wrong, advice at the time was wrong, I'm not surprised if people will then think we then made a wrong decision.'
- Minister for Work & Pensions setting up for the future blame game today.

The Science is perhaps one of my most hated terms during this shambles.
This user liked this post: keith1879

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:37 am
Was thinking exactly this, strangely invisible since last week's car crash TV appearance.
He'll reappear when there's good news to report no doubt.

FactualFrank
Posts: 20419
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5676 times
Has Liked: 9670 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Covid-19

Post by FactualFrank » Tue May 19, 2020 12:32 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:31 pm
He'll reappear when there's good news to report no doubt.
Speaking of which Tiger - anything to report? :)

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:38 pm

FactualFrank wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:32 pm
Speaking of which Tiger - anything to report? :)
Poland hopes for downward trend next week

Coronavirus infections in Poland may start to fall within a week, the country’s Health Minister Lukasz Szumowski says.

“I think that in a week we will be able to say that we have a downward trend,” Szumowski told a news conference.

The number of cases is not yet falling because of an outbreak among coal miners in Poland’s Silesian region.

As of Tuesday morning, 2,683 miners had tested positive for the virus. Five mines have suspended production due to the outbreak, but one partially resumed excavation on Monday.

The region of Silesia accounted for 77%, or 150 of all the 195 new cases confirmed on Tuesday morning. Poland has to date recorded 19,080 cases, 941 deaths and 7,903 recoveries. There are currently 2,490 people in hospital with the virus, according to health ministry figures.

Szumowski said the number of hospital beds occupied by patients with the virus had never exceeded 30% of the Polish health system’s capacity.

“This shows that we managed to avoid the scenario in Italy and France,” he said.

Poland has recorded far fewer Covid-19 cases and deaths than many western European countries. The authorities put this down to the swift closing of the country’s borders, which are to remain closed until 15 June.

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:39 pm

Deaths in English and Welsh care homes continue to fall

Robert Cuffe

BBC head of statistics

The numbers of deaths in care homes have fallen for the second week in a row, figures from the Office for National Statistics show.

In the week up to 8 May, there were 1,666 Covid-19 registered deaths in care homes in England and Wales. This is down from 2,423 the previous week.

The fall is exaggerated by the pause in death registrations on the Bank Holiday Friday, but is larger than would be caused by a single day of closures.

The number of deaths in care homes in England and Wales also fell from 6,409 to 4,248.

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 pm

Big discounts forecast as UK clothing shops plan to reopen

With a planned relaxation of UK lockdown rules allowing some non-essential stores to reopen next month, major brands such as Marks and Spencer and Next are preparing for socially distanced shopping.

But analyst Richard Lim of Retail Economics said stores would "have to discount heavily" to sell excess stock that may now be out of season.

Mr Lim said retailers also faced big challenges in winning shoppers' confidence, with changing rooms likely to stay closed and customers discouraged from touching the merchandise.

"The retail experience is going to be turned on its head when clothes stores reopen," he said.

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:43 pm

More than 1.7 million people around the world are known to have recovered from coronavirus, according to Johns Hopkins University. But the road back to full health is not the same for everyone.

Recovery time will depend on how sick you became in the first place. Some people will shrug off the illness quickly, but for others it could leave lasting problems.

Age, gender and other health issues all increase the risk of becoming more seriously ill from Covid-19.

That's a lot of people recovering,and this doesn't get enough attention.

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:45 pm

New Zealand ponders extra holiday to boost tourism

The government of New Zealand is considering giving an additional holiday to boost domestic tourism. According to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, it's one potential idea for how to help the economy.

Tourism is a major economic sector in the country but with no international visitors, the industry is suffering badly.

"My message to Kiwis is, come and experience your own backyard and come and experience the cultural and hospitality here in Aotearoa," Ardern said on Tuesday.

New Zealand has over the past weeks eased what was one of the world's toughest lockdowns and the government says the virus is "currently eliminated" in the country.

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Another bank holiday for the UK?

The head of Visit Britain says she’s had discussions with the government about the possibility of an extra bank holiday in October this year.

Patricia Yates has been giving evidence to a virtual session of the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee.

She told the MPs: “The idea that we could possibility have a bank holiday in October, because the industry has lost the benefit of the two May bank holidays, I think that’s an idea that’s being considered, to have a bank holiday around the October half term. Because what we’re going to need to do is not just stimulate people in July and August but really extend the season this year for the domestic market.”

At the start of the hearing, Patricia Yates said Visit Britain now estimated that the UK’s tourism sector had lost around £37 billion (£15bn from foreign tourists not visiting, £22bn from domestic tourists) as a result of the coronavirus lockdown.

So will the government say yes to another bank holiday? We'll ask the Prime Minister's Official Spokesman at the lunchtime briefing for political reporters.

It's a bit chilly in October for a bank holiday,but we might get lucky and have a late heatwave.

Grumps
Posts: 2296
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am
Been Liked: 461 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Grumps » Tue May 19, 2020 1:00 pm

62% of care homes have had no cases of Covid-19

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:02 pm


tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:13 pm

Grumps wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:00 pm
62% of care homes have had no cases of Covid-19
That many :o it'll be enlightening to see what steps they took to keep their residents safe,and if they managed it why others couldn't.

Grumps
Posts: 2296
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am
Been Liked: 461 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Grumps » Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:13 pm
That many :o it'll be enlightening to see what steps they took to keep their residents safe,and if they managed it why others couldn't.
The one I know closed early and bought PPE

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Grumps wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm
The one I know closed early and bought PPE
Pro-active to the potential threat then,and they've benefited due to that early action.

Blackrod
Posts: 5147
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1336 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Blackrod » Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:03 am
NEWS

Almost 40,000 have died from coronavirus in UK.

Office for National Statistics.
Imagine a full attendance at Turf Moor being killed. Then filling it with replacements and then they are all killed.

Grumps
Posts: 2296
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am
Been Liked: 461 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Grumps » Tue May 19, 2020 2:02 pm

Blackrod wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 pm
Imagine a full attendance at Turf Moor being killed. Then filling it with replacements and then they are all killed.
..... Or less than half of old Trafford... Or how many at each league club?
It's a strange example you give, it's too many, but there are many examples of what 40000 is

Blackrod
Posts: 5147
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm
Been Liked: 1336 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Blackrod » Tue May 19, 2020 2:06 pm

A lot of your posts are strange.
These 3 users liked this post: Devils_Advocate TVC15 Bordeauxclaret

Damo
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:04 pm
Been Liked: 1513 times
Has Liked: 2313 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Damo » Tue May 19, 2020 2:18 pm

martin_p wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:03 am
Or indeed any governments around the world going through this a few weeks before us..... oh, hang on.
Or martin_p off up the clarets, advising the government what to do, based on 2 weeks worth of confused information, from countries with totally different social and economic circumstances than us.

Missed a trick there didnt they?

martin_p
Posts: 6676
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Been Liked: 2231 times
Has Liked: 495 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by martin_p » Tue May 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Damo wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:18 pm
Or martin_p off up the clarets, advising the government what to do, based on 2 weeks worth of confused information, from countries with totally different social and economic circumstances than us.

Missed a trick there didnt they?
What’s massively socially and economically different about France and Spain that would make our response to a pandemic different?
This user liked this post: paulatky

Zlatan
Posts: 1634
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:06 pm
Been Liked: 572 times
Has Liked: 1328 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Zlatan » Tue May 19, 2020 3:28 pm


TheFamilyCat
Posts: 6134
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 3054 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm

martin_p wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:23 pm
What’s massively socially and economically different about France and Spain that would make our response to a pandemic different?
Baguettes

tiger76
Posts: 8153
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 1284 times
Has Liked: 2957 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: Covid-19

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:23 pm

This recovery is to be applauded.

Nurse out of intensive care after 45 days

A nurse in the UK has left intensive care after spending more than 45 days there with coronavirus.

Felix Khor, who is being treated at Southend University Hospital in Essex where he has worked for 15 years, gave a "thumbs up" as he was moved out and thanked those who helped to save his life.

The hospital said colleagues lined the main corridor and there were applause, cheers and a few tears as Mr Khor was moved to a ward.

Mr Khor said: "I'm incredibly grateful to all of the hospital staff who have helped keep me fighting, and for the huge love and support from colleagues and friends.

He added: "There is still a long road ahead but it has meant so much."
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Post Reply