Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Re: Brexit: Uniting the Country Since 31/01/2020

Post by aggi » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:58 pm

I did think that was a spoof at first:

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:07 pm

"Trade deals with Australia and New Zealand could increase UK exports by a combined £1 billion - Trade Secretary

In 2018, UK exports to the EU were £291 billion (45% of all UK exports).
In 2018, UK exports of trade goods to Australia were worth around £4.6bn (0.7% of all UK exports)

Once the PM moved past financial services all he had left was boomerangs and biscuits. This government is utter clown shoes.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:11 pm

Jesus. We descend further and further into Trumpland with every passing day.

Give me some unelected European bureaucrats over these stinking, incompetents crooks any day of the week. They were probably more accountable too.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Sorry, Ringo, have the commission reported back yet ?

Proved your theory ?

Have you contacted your lad's school re his underachievement ?

Have you examined YOUR role in his weakness at school ?

No to all, I'm afraid. You've predicted nothing. You make it sound like the government are ONLY looking into the reasons for poor lads like yours failing in school. They aren't. They are looking at the possibilities of racism - that's the possibilities of racism- in many aspects of British life.

What sticks in my craw is a father like you claiming to want the best for his son but not even bothering to get off his backside to find out what's actually happening in his school. Easier to blame the teachers, anybody except yourself. Easier to bash away on a messageboard to a tiny audience, putting more value on claiming "victories" than spending time helping your lad out of his mess. Shamefully, your "victory" is his loss.

Granted you can't do much about your social background but, for goodness sake, offer some constructive support. Yapping from the sidelines will have no effect. ..............

There may well be examples of "crap" teachers not doing their jobs but, by God, you appear to be a very good example of a "crap" dad not doing his.

How on earth you can be aware of such a devastating handicap to your son's development and do frig all about it beggars belief.

Make the call. Help your son. Be a dad !

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:27 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:11 pm
Jesus. We descend further and further into Trumpland with every passing day.

Give me some unelected European bureaucrats over these stinking, incompetents crooks any day of the week. They were probably more accountable too.
Vote them out at the next election...

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:47 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:27 pm
Well I’ll give it my best shot. Hopefully the damage won’t be catastrophic by then. Another 4 years of this shower to go yet.

I wouldn’t mind Brexit if it was being handled by some semi-decent and trustworthy people. Taking the reigns from Brussels off this lot will only end badly for us peasants, looking at the contempt they’ve shown us only 6 months in.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:37 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:27 pm
Exactly if you don't like the sitting government you can bin them at the ballot box every 4/5 years, not so easy to achieve that with the European Commission, and the concept that the European Parliament is any more than a rubber stamping exercise is laughable, MEP'S have virtually no power to change things, at least WM for all it's faults is ultimately accountable to the electorate, and equally government is accountable to parliament.

That's direct democracy, and that's one of the main reasons for escaping from the EU, and it's increasingly federal system.

As others have stated if the EU showed any inclination to return to purely a free trading block, which was the original intent of the EEC, and discard all this political nonsense, then people might rethink our return to the fold, but that's not going to happen, and it's been evident for a least a decade that it's not going to happen, so we had no option but to vote out, all this claptrap about reforming the EU from within is a pipe dream.

And if this bunch are performing as badly as many suspect, myself included, then they'll get handed their P45'S in 4 years time. It helps that we've finally got a functional opposition, after 4 years of that Corbyn eejit, just maybe if he'd had a viable Brexit strategy, and he hadn't suggested a 2nd referendum, then the British public might have taken him and his party seriously.

Also parliament might want to consider how many chances they had to vote through a softer Brexit deal, and they couldn't agree amongst themselves, so is it any wonder the public lost patience, and handed BJ and the Conservative party a large majority.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:06 pm
I guess that's where we're differing in that you want to define poverty as something along the lines of risk of death without intervention (maybe not exactly that but it reads as if you want there to be severe deprivation to be classed as in poverty, feel free to give your own definition as to how deprived a child would have to be to be classed as in poverty) whereas I'd say that as a civilised, first-world country we shouldn't be letting such a large tranche of people, and in particular children, get so far behind the average (and the associated long term costs that come out of such an issue).

I find comments like "people have never had it so good" a bit weird as if people should be grateful for an inside toilet or access to the internet. Things like a computer and the internet aren't luxuries nowadays, they're essentials for life.

Your comment on foodbanks Posters on this board, who've worked in food banks, say they are open to abuse all the time. People who have no real need for them, using them to save cash for other things. was pretty much the opposite of what happened. Posters who didn't work in foodbanks said they were open to abuse and then those who did actually have first hand experience explained how they were generally referred by schools, DWP, etc, there were limitations on what could be obtained and the rest of it.
Fair enough, we do disagree.
I think everyone is entitled to a roof over their head, clothes on their back, shoes on their feet and food on the table. As far as I'm concerned, and I do know people who live on benefits, nigh everybody in this country has more that enough to provide that. Where the system fails is SOME parents, would rather drink and smoke than feed their kids. That's their choice. We have to make a choice, do we let them, or do we stop them. Let them and it isn't fair on the children, or on us. I don't see how you stop them without removing the benefits and removing the children. Social workers, and my daughter is one, would go mad and say it's not fair on the kids, but it isn't fair on the kids to have parents who would prefer to nurture themselves than provide for them.
What really grinds my tits, is this air of pampered entitlement that we have created over the last 20 years. I don't want to start a MPFC, we worked 25 hours a day and lived in a shoe box, but we did live in an era when if you couldn't afford it, you did without, and your children should always come first. I wouldn't want to be so Draconian as to go back to those times, as I've said, the benefits system is far more generous, than it's ever been, but the mind set of the people receiving benefits has changed so much. Far too many people are happy to remain unemployed, that's wrong on so many levels, and it shouldn't be the case. I've been unemployed a few times when I was younger, at a time when I had no one to look after but myself, and I hated it. I don't see many people hating being on the dole today.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:19 pm

martin_p wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:51 pm
You’ve already explained how you don’t understand how they calculate poverty, twice!
And you've never countered me, by telling me how I'm wrong? With good reason :lol:

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:27 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:19 pm
And you've never countered me, by telling me how I'm wrong? With good reason :lol:
Well apart from the two times you got it wrong when I did exactly that.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:40 pm

martin_p wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:27 pm
Well apart from the two times you got it wrong when I did exactly that.
Did you forget to link me in to your reply.
You've tried that one before when you've been talking out of your arse.

Tell me again, but reply to my quote, so I can have a laugh as well.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:40 pm
Did you forget to link me in to your reply.
You've tried that one before when you've been talking out of your arse.

Tell me again, but reply to my quote, so I can have a laugh as well.
I always quote. Go back and look at your two posts when you reckoned rich people taking a 10% pay cut would take people out of poverty and a few lottery winners would put more in poverty. Both demonstrated your misunderstanding of how poverty is calculated as you’re wrong on both counts.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Sorry, Ringo, if you're taking my very constructive advice personally. No offence meant.

The facts are simple : you believe sexism and racism are rampant in all our schools, including your lad's.
The government are appointing a commission to examine the extent of racism in all aspects of our society. To examine the extent, mind you, nothing has been confirmed or denied at the moment.

I just don't understand how you can spend so much time on here, attempting to crow about an imaginary vindication while your lad's education and future prospects continue to suffer.

Apologies if that doesn't suit your agenda but, seriously, if you really believe the racism and sexism is happening in Junior's school, you need to act on this as a priority and get it sorted in a calm, adult manner as quickly as you can. Now, when the pressure at school is off a little, is an ideal time to act.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:04 pm

martin_p wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:01 pm
In what way we’re you ahead of the curve? Lambeth have had their strategy for a few years, probably resulting from one of the previous reports into the subject. You seem to have picked up on it last week.

In fact given you’re so ‘passionate’ about the subject I’m surprised you didn’t mention it when it was debated in the commons in February this year.

Thursday 11th /Friday 12th / Saturday 13th June - Ringo highlights the institutional racism and misandry faced by white working class boys, whose attainment levels are the lowest of all groups, fordeaceds

Tuesday 16th June - No10 confirms race commission will also examine why working-class white boys are behind in school. Unbelievably prophetic.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Sorry, Ringo, have the commission reported back yet ?

Proved your theory ?

Have you contacted your lad's school re his underachievement ?

Have you examined YOUR role in his weakness at school ?

No to all, I'm afraid. You've predicted nothing. You make it sound like the government are ONLY looking into the reasons for poor lads like yours failing in school. They aren't. They are looking at the possibilities of racism - that's the possibilities of racism- in many aspects of British life.

What sticks in my craw is a father like you claiming to want the best for his son but not even bothering to get off his backside to find out what's actually happening in his school. Easier to blame the teachers, anybody except yourself. Easier to bash away on a messageboard to a tiny audience, putting more value on claiming "victories" than spending time helping your lad out of his mess. Shamefully, your "victory" is his loss.

Granted you can't do much about your social background but, for goodness sake, offer some constructive support. Yapping from the sidelines will have no effect. ..............

There may well be examples of "crap" teachers not doing their jobs but, by God, you appear to be a very good example of a "crap" dad not doing his.

How on earth you can be aware of such a devastating handicap to your son's development and do frig all about it beggars belief.

Make the call. Help your son. Be a dad !
Troll along
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Sorry, Ringo, if you're taking my very constructive advice personally. No offence meant.

The facts are simple : you believe sexism and racism are rampant in all our schools, including your lad's.
The government are appointing a commission to examine the extent of racism in all aspects of our society. To examine the extent, mind you, nothing has been confirmed or denied at the moment.

I just don't understand how you can spend so much time on here, attempting to crow about an imaginary vindication while your lad's education and future prospects continue to suffer.

Apologies if that doesn't suit your agenda but, seriously, if you really believe the racism and sexism is happening in Junior's school, you need to act on this as a priority and get it sorted in a calm, adult manner as quickly as you can. Now, when the pressure at school is off a little, is an ideal time to act.
I didnt even respond to your first post and you're back!

For a second time, troll off

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:04 pm
Thursday 11th /Friday 12th / Saturday 13th June - Ringo highlights the institutional racism and misandry faced by white working class boys, whose attainment levels are the lowest of all groups, fordeaceds

Tuesday 16th June - No10 confirms race commission will also examine why working-class white boys are behind in school. Unbelievably prophetic.
February 2020, debate in the House of Commons.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:59 pm

martin_p wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:24 pm
February 2020, debate in the House of Commons.
I feel your pain. I could have predicted it.

🌞👍
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Oh dear, me offering you advice regarding your lad's failing education is trolling, is it ? You claim your lad's school is institutionally racist and sexist towards your lad and other poor, white lads like him yet are quite happy to let it happen ?

Who on earth would do that and why ? Looks more like you running away from your responsibilities, most folk would say.

Not being personal or offensive in any way - you raised the subject, you brought your lad and schools into it, after all - but it's so strange you you can't answer a simple question about such a vital issue- do you think a parent should help their struggling kid or not ?

Yes or no ?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:01 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:59 pm
Oh dear, me offering you advice regarding your lad's failing education is trolling, is it ? You claim your lad's school is institutionally racist and sexist towards your lad and other poor, white lads like him yet are quite happy to let it happen ?

Who on earth would do that and why ? Looks more like you running away from your responsibilities, most folk would say.

Not being personal or offensive in any way - you raised the subject, you brought your lad and schools into it, after all - but it's so strange you you can't answer a simple question about such a vital issue- do you think a parent should help their struggling kid or not ?

Yes or no ?
I dont even read your posts!

:lol:

Troll along

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:11 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:01 pm
I dont even read your posts!

:lol:

Troll along

Narrator- He does

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:12 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:59 pm
I feel your pain. I could have predicted it.

🌞👍
Which element of the commons debate peaked your interest most? They did mention research that pointed to diversity of culture probably not being a factor, it was more to do with educational background, I.e how much the parents were able to prepare a child for acedemia

Thoughts?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:19 pm

Troll along.

2 birds 1 stone.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Well that makes sense !

So, come on Ringo, do you think a parent should support his struggling lad ?

Yes or no ?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:23 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:19 pm
Troll along.

2 birds 1 stone.
Is that aimed at me? I just want to discuss the subject you have raised.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:24 pm

Troll along.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:25 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:24 pm
Troll along.
So why don’t you want to discuss it?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:25 pm

I must admit, I didn't predict so much resentment.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:28 pm

This thread has now been closed after more bickering, more posts being reported.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Vino blanco