Burnley plan to take the knee

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Re: Burnley plan to take the knee

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:14 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:02 pm
Happy to see the club do this.

Happy to see those drawn out of their holes claiming the ongoing quest for racial equality is 'political'.
Easy to say that rather than refute it, isn't it?

Once again, read the BLM MO on the official website, then look at when BLM are active (on election year) and tell me it isn't political.

You can't.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Rowls wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:08 pm
No.
So what was the ‘this’ you were referring to?

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:23 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:15 pm
I'd have to go back and look at the context. It's normally clear and easy to see what pronouns like this refer to though.

In spoken language "this" often contextually referred to through eye contact, pointing or other clear indicators such as the informally agreed topic of conversation.

In written language the use of "this" differs slightly whereby the item to which it refers is normally specifically mentioned at least once. "This" is then used as a pronoun to avoid repetition.

Serious question: Why have you chosen to turn this into a grammar debate?

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Where exactly are they taking their knees to? Surely they will need them for the footy.

Princess Diana used to campaign against landmines because they can take knees off.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Imagine a player not taking the knee, instant vilification, career suicide.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2312 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Times change I guess, but I often wonder if a few contributors to this thread were around in the 70s and 80s, standing near the front of the Longside flinging banana skins at Garth Crooks and others.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:42 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:13 pm
False.

I watch the NFL for a start and remember pretty well - plus I've just checked.

Kap was in the limelight in 2013 & 14, pretty niche playstyle that caught a lot of teams off guard and they ended up on a superbowl run, but didn't quite get over the line (no protest/kneeling).

His form started to deteriorate & the 49ers signed Blaine Gabbert in the off season to fight Kap for the starting job.

Kap started the 2015 season horrendously with one good game against the team they fell to in the superbowl (Ravens).

Eventually Kap was benched for Blaine Gabbert who played mediocre then Kap picked up a knock giving the job to Gabbert.

Coming into the next season the starting job was up for grabs but Blaine beat him out. The kneeling then started in preseason - Gabbert was ultimately mediocre then Kap got the job back after 4 games before performing average again then got cut.

All I'm saying is this isn't something that just comes to you at once, why didn't he kneel during the superbowl?.... Was the difference between 2014-2016 in America for police brutality against blacks markedly worse? Statistics don't support that sentiment...
Which bit is false? What I posted wasn't really open to interpretation.

Kaepernick first knelt during the national anthem during the 4th preseason game. Kaepernick started that game, he wasn't benched.

Kaepernick started 11 of 16 games during the season. I don't think many people would describe starting the majority of games as being benched.

Maybe he wasn't in great form and was competing for his place but the stats don't match up to him protesting whilst benched. It's got to start at some point. It's like saying why wasn't he kneeling during the anthem at highschool?

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:43 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:39 pm
Times change I guess, but I often wonder if a few contributors to this thread were around in the 70s and 80s, standing near the front of the Longside flinging banana skins at Garth Crooks and others.
Times do indeed change.

Some people back then thought nothing of casually flinging bananas at black players in open and brazen acts of racism. Egged on and encouraged by their friends, of course.

Fortunately we've moved on since then and that kind of overt racism is all but gone.

But there are always new problems.

For example, some people think nothing of casually flinging inferences of racism at people who happen to have slightly differing views to themselves on how best to tackle racism. Egged on and encouraged by their friends, of course.
This user liked this post: dsr

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:43 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:15 pm
And then there's the bizarre segue into grammar which hasn't been followed up?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:49 pm

All very well but they are ignoring the real issue. White, English players are under-represented in the Premier League.

Who's kneeling for them?

The Premier League is clearly institutionally racist against white English players (I'm surprised someone hasn't already mentioned this).

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:51 pm

claretandy wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:38 pm
Imagine a player not taking the knee, instant vilification, career suicide.
Imagine a player taking the knee, instant vilification, career suicide.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12361 times

Post by Leisure » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:57 pm

PremierLeagueClass wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:20 pm
That’s fair enough about personal choice but don’t be upset if someone else perceives those actions as racist. That is also their personal choice. You can’t have it both ways.
But surely it's not right that they have to do it just so as to avoid someone perceiving them as being racist (when they may not be but just don't want to do it or feel uncomfortable doing it!).
This user liked this post: Rowls

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:57 pm

I
Last edited by FCBurnley on Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:58 pm

aggi wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:42 pm
Which bit is false? What I posted wasn't really open to interpretation.

Kaepernick first knelt during the national anthem during the 4th preseason game. Kaepernick started that game, he wasn't benched.

Kaepernick started 11 of 16 games during the season. I don't think many people would describe starting the majority of games as being benched.

Maybe he wasn't in great form and was competing for his place but the stats don't match up to him protesting whilst benched. It's got to start at some point. It's like saying why wasn't he kneeling during the anthem at highschool?
Yawn, I just laid out the full picture.

He wasn't a starter when he first knelt, when he was a starter he didn't.

Also starters don't tend to really play in the 4th pre season game - just fyi

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:49 pm
All very well but they are ignoring the real issue. White, English players are under-represented in the Premier League.

Who's kneeling for them?

The Premier League is clearly institutionally racist against white English players (I'm surprised someone hasn't already mentioned this).
I'm very much a "best man for the job" type

I dont judge talent or suitability for the job by sex, race, or religion.
I just want the best person for the job whether that's doctor, firefighter, policeman or footballer.
Whether they're black, white, yellow or martian it makes no difference to me.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Does racism still exist in the UK and if so against which races

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:08 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Who's kneeling for them?

:lol:

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:08 pm

I find it extremely ironic those who say they're campaigning for equality, and often the loudest still use colour to describe people they're referring too, often it's the first thing they mention.

Surely the first hurdle to overcome racism is to get people looking past skin colour.

We are all the same race, the human race!
These 2 users liked this post: CoolClaret Colburn_Claret

chadders
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by chadders » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:10 pm

We may have come on since the empire but jeez, some of the responses in the media etc show there is still a way to go when it comes to heading towards some sort of equality and genuine respect.

Taking the knee is a show of respect, equality and solidarity for our fellow human. Many footballers come from BAME commuities and suffer horrendous abuse. It's not political. It's saying 'I get it and I'm with you'. I cannot understand why anyone would be against it?

Brilliant work BFC and well done on all the other great work in the community. I'd expect nothing less from our club.

Martin Luther King took the knee a little before 2016.
These 2 users liked this post: Devils_Advocate nil_desperandum

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Indeed, Macca, but if the issue is that of people being discriminated against purely on the colour of their skin, how can the colour of their skin not be referred to ?

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:22 pm

IWOODLOVETT wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:59 pm
No problem with taking the knee but I would prefer the shirts to read “ ALL LIVES MATTER”.
And on Breast Cancer awareness day, if they could not wear pink, and instead wear a shirt with all cancers matter....

Or when remembering 9/11, use the phrase all buildings matter.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 pm

When did we change "Kneeling" to "Taking the Knee"? Sounds silly to me.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Rowls wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:43 pm
Times do indeed change.

Some people back then thought nothing of casually flinging bananas at black players in open and brazen acts of racism. Egged on and encouraged by their friends, of course.

Fortunately we've moved on since then and that kind of overt racism is all but gone.

But there are always new problems.

For example, some people think nothing of casually flinging inferences of racism at people who happen to have slightly differing views to themselves on how best to tackle racism. Egged on and encouraged by their friends, of course.

All but gone? in 2019 there were according to this article https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 57966.html there were at least 23 incidents in England last year - and many more worldwide. It really hasn't all but gone.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:22 pm
I think about what George W Bush said in the immediate aftermath of 911 a lot. He said, "You're either with us, or against us." Then he applied it to everything under the sun in the "War on Terror" which included invading two countries.

Even at the time, that struck me as a dangerous thing to say, as well as being inherent nonsense.

My problem with what Bush said is essentially the same problem I have with the BLM movement from the USA. I don't want to see those kind of artificial schisms carved out in British or European society. Even if they sit on pre-existing fault-lines, why tear them up deliberately?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:28 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
I still throw things at the telly when Garth Crooks is on.

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:33 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 pm
All but gone? in 2019 there were according to this article https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 57966.html there were at least 23 incidents in England last year - and many more worldwide. It really hasn't all but gone.
That article refers to Serie A.

That's the Italian league. The Italian league, in Italy.

You highlight another of my problems with this (by which I refer to the issue of "how do we tackle racism generally?" in case you're still seeking clarification on my use of pronouns, martin_p) which is - How do we decide what we should and should not protest?

The fact that there were 23 incidents of racism like that in Italy is awful. It needs condemning. It needs tackling.

But was there a plan, for example, for every Premier League player to take a stance mid-way through a game to publicly decry their digust at the lingering stench of racism of the Italian terraces? If there was, I didn't hear about it.

edit - I can't access your article and may have got it wrong. But I stand by what I said.
Last edited by Rowls on Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:33 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:22 pm
And on Breast Cancer awareness day, if they could not wear pink, and instead wear a shirt with all cancers matter....

This is such a non argument I don't even know how it's perpetuated.

Not denying that there isn't unjust prejudice that occurs to black people daily but this 'argument' makes it seem like only black people suffer unjustly, which isn't true.

Black people aren't the only people that unfortunately die at the hands of the US or even (way less so) UK police force.

The stats are there if you can be bothered to look it up - by the FBI the deaths across all demographics, then compare to the violent crimes commited per demographic (I.e most likely to come into contact with armed police) and its pretty unanimous across the board.

The biggest killer of black guys is other black guys and thats a fact.

This surface level analysis has to stop.
This user liked this post: Leisure

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:36 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:11 pm
Indeed, Macca, but if the issue is that of people being discriminated against purely on the colour of their skin, how can the colour of their skin not be referred to ?
I mean regards "white cop kills black man"

Why not "cop kills man"?

Was the cop racist?
Did he only do that because he was a black man?
Are all 4 of those cops charged with murder all racist for letting it happe?
Out of the 4, 2 were white, 1 Asian, 1 mixed race.

The media and some campaigners on both sides by the way, cant help but keep the devide implace by using black and white when reporting these stories, it only serves to stir up more tension and sometimes creates an issue that wasnt there by insinuating racism was a factor.
After all if it was purely a crime by a scummy criminal on another human, who cares what colour either person was?
The criminal needs punishing and the victim needs justice!

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:38 pm

martin_p wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:18 pm
Yes. This should be BFC making a statement as an organisation, not individuals.
Surely BFC can do a lot more to fight racism within the Borough of Burnley, than it will by conforming to public conception.
Whilst BFCITC is so successful, it is in a perfect place to use the club to bring the various ethnic communities of Burnley together. I've found it heartening to see more and more BAME attending matches over the last 5 years. As well as the right thing to do, it's also an untapped fan base we would find most welcome.
Pro active initiatives are far more useful than platitudes.

I'm not local, so much of what BFCITC does, doesn’t reach me apart from through the club web site. If there are already initiatives in place, I would be glad to hear about it.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:38 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:36 pm
I mean regards "white cop kills black man"

Why not "cop kills man"?

Was the cop racist?
Did he only do that because he was a black man?
Are all 4 of those cops charged with murder all racist for letting it happe?
Out of the 4, 2 were white, 1 Asian, 1 mixed race.

The media and some campaigners on both sides by the way, cant help but keep the devide implace by using black and white when reporting these stories, it only serves to stir up more tension and sometimes creates an issue that wasnt there by insinuating racism was a factor.
After all if it was purely a crime by a scummy criminal on another human, who cares what colour either person was?
The criminal needs punishing and the victim needs justice!
Spot on, there's been this uproar when nobody knows if it's even racially motivated. Not even gone to a trial.

It's more likely its linked to the nightclub/personal issue with the dodgy $20 bill.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:39 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Burnley fans eating fruit? Don’t think I have ever seen anyone taking fruit to a football match

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:46 pm

Imagine all this effort by the PL was put into UK issues that are genuinely ending peoples lifes - such as the creeping gang culture & the sheer crazy amount of violent homicides that are going up every day?
Attachments
_20200618_174147.JPG
_20200618_174147.JPG (190.02 KiB) Viewed 2394 times

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:54 pm

http://blacklivesmatteruk.com/briefing/

Although this is BLM UK it mostly talks about the USA. It is not clear to me what exactly they want to happen in the UK. A revolution?

'WHY WE NEED A REVOLUTION
Racism cannot simply be reformed away because its use as a means of divide and rule is an essential feature of capitalism.

BAME people are the victims of racism and suffer disproportionately but are not exclusively affected by police harassment oppression and exploitation.

Working class people from all backgrounds have a common interest in uniting to fight those that oppress and exploit us.

The current crisis has shown who the key workers really are. We can and must harness our collective power to overthrow this system and create a better world.
'

All very interesting and vague.

For those that are 'taking the knee' are they supporting the organisation BLMUK. If so what exactly are they expecting to happen as a result.

If not directly supporting BLMUK but just the general phrase Black Lives Matter', what exactly are they expecting to happen then?

I find it hard to believe that racism within the population, which does of course exist, will be addressed by this method. Indeed I can't help thinking the activities of BLMUK are making things worse. Perhaps they are looking for some political gesture. Yet another review or white paper that won't be fully implemented.

I'm pretty sure racial problems still exist in the institutions of the UK - I don't notice them because I'm white - but I can't see how this current protest will lead to much.
Last edited by Hipper on Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:54 pm

Do we have a racist in the government....
Attachments
IMG-20200618-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20200618-WA0024.jpg (94.88 KiB) Viewed 2372 times

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Right_winger wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:41 pm
BLM are a Marxist political movement. Their aim
Is to bring down capitalism. The death of a criminal is the perfect excuse to kick off and further their aims.

The Premier league is bandwagon jumping for harder hitting exposure.

Virtue signalling of the highest order this whole charade.
I don't agree.
The first BLM March was meant to be peaceful. As is the norm nowadays the left wing extremists, infiltrate, show solidarity, then take over. They're experts, and as the first demo was off the cuff rather than organised, their organisation makes it easy for them to take over.
So whilst you maybe correct, I don't think it was ever intended to be that way.

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Rowls wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:33 pm
That article refers to Serie A.

That's the Italian league. The Italian league, in Italy.

You highlight another of my problems with this (by which I refer to the issue of "how do we tackle racism generally?" in case you're still seeking clarification on my use of pronouns, martin_p) which is - How do we decide what we should and should not protest?

The fact that there were 23 incidents of racism like that in Italy is awful. It needs condemning. It needs tackling.

But was there a plan, for example, for every Premier League player to take a stance mid-way through a game to publicly decry their digust at the lingering stench of racism of the Italian terraces? If there was, I didn't hear about it.

edit - I can't access your article and may have got it wrong. But I stand by what I said.
You must have accessed the article to see some of it was in Italy. Pick through it you’ll find 23 cases in England. I presume you’re condemning them, saying their awful and really agreeing that it’s not “All but gone away”

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:02 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:58 pm
Yawn, I just laid out the full picture.

He wasn't a starter when he first knelt, when he was a starter he didn't.

Also starters don't tend to really play in the 4th pre season game - just fyi
Except he was a starter for most of the 2016 season when he did.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:03 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:54 pm
Do we have a racist in the government....
He thought it was to do with Game of Thrones so I wouldn't take to much notice of that numptys comments :lol: :lol: :lol:

dandeclaret

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:03 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:33 pm
This is such a non argument I don't even know how it's perpetuated.

Not denying that there isn't unjust prejudice that occurs to black people daily but this 'argument' makes it seem like only black people suffer unjustly, which isn't true.

Black people aren't the only people that unfortunately die at the hands of the US or even (way less so) UK police force.

The stats are there if you can be bothered to look it up - by the FBI the deaths across all demographics, then compare to the violent crimes commited per demographic (I.e most likely to come into contact with armed police) and its pretty unanimous across the board.

The biggest killer of black guys is other black guys and thats a fact.

This surface level analysis has to stop.
Not denying that there isn't unjust cancer that occurs to people daily but this 'argument' makes it seem like only people with breast cancer suffer unjustly, which isn't true.

See how it’s an argument? Would you argue the latter point?

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:05 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:46 pm
Imagine all this effort by the PL was put into UK issues that are genuinely ending peoples lifes - such as the creeping gang culture & the sheer crazy amount of violent homicides that are going up every day?
Well a lot of people think that by tackling racism it will help to remove the current inequalities in today's society, which will in turn give more opportunities for those youths currently joining gangs and hopefully decrease gang culture and associated homicides.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:03 pm
He thought it was to do with Game of Thrones so I wouldn't take to much notice of that numptys comments :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont take much notice of much to be honest, hopefully see you round the table for poker tomoz

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:14 pm

MACCA wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:09 pm
I dont take much notice of much to be honest, hopefully see you round the table for poker tomoz
Yep been busy last 2 fridays but planning on losing some dosh tomorrow so see you then :D

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:17 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
He had it easy compared to Clyde Best for West Ham in the 60s. I think he was the ONLY Black player in the first division.

Accrington claret
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 153 times

Post by Accrington claret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:22 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 pm
It might help you to be less angry about it if you actually understood why players are taking the knee.
Oh I fully understand. I understand I and every other white man is being tarred a racist simply for being white

I'll kneel for my queen and country and that's it. why would I kneel for a drug fuelled armed robber ?

Players are told to tow the line and they're scared not to .. I'm not, I will not attend if players kneel or wear BLM and so will many others

Hats off to Dominic Raab by the way

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:23 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 pm
You must have accessed the article to see some of it was in Italy. Pick through it you’ll find 23 cases in England. I presume you’re condemning them, saying their awful and really agreeing that it’s not “All but gone away”
No, I can see the headline but I need to register and turn off my adblock to read the article.

You'd assume correctly to imagine I'd condemn instances of racism but, no, I don't trawl around searching for them in order to condemn them. And that's the point about this current furore - I don't feel the need to have to publicly condemn the killing of George Floyd to prove I'm not racist and I resent the implication that any kind of public display to that effect is necessary.

23 cases in England is, of course, 23 too many. But how many games does that consist of.

If it's league football then it's 2036 games (not counting play offs) and that's if it doesn't count the cup games too. And that's if it's only league games and doesn't count non-league.

As I said, I didn't read it so I don't know the methodology. I still stand by what I said.

I've heard racism at football grounds and it certainly still exists but it has largely disappeared.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:24 pm

Accrington claret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:22 pm
Oh I fully understand. I understand I and every other white man is being tarred a racist simply for being white
Nobody’s accusing me of being racist. At any point.

Accrington claret
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 153 times

Post by Accrington claret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:27 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:54 pm
No, you wouldn't and no, you haven't............
Didn't know you knew me and every Claret who feels the same way as me .

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:32 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
There was a chant around the same time as the dart throwing along the lines of "We're Nazis from the Turf". Mid '70s, the National Front was enjoying a resurgence at the time. Thankfully it seemed to be short lived, I remember a good few older lads than me giving the vocal ones some stick.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:36 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 pm
23 incidents is all but gone.
A crowd of 60,000 at Spurs, and 2, thats 2 idiots make headline news all over the media, and all over Europe.
In the 60s, 70s it would have been 1,000s and nothing would have been mentioned.
Fight the good fight, but stop acting as if we are losing. These demonstrations whilst well intentioned, will have the opposite affect if they continue too long. The left wing have always sort ways to divide people. The media are happy to print the negatives of everything. The public are swallowing the virtue signalling, 'I'm more anti racist than you'.
Why are the media, and the left wing, so against pointing out the strides this country has made. No one is saying ignore it, just be honest about it, and to claim this country is racist is dishonest.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:14 pm
Yep been busy last 2 fridays but planning on losing some dosh tomorrow so see you then :D
Join the club, I've had about 4 dry weeks now, after becoming accustom to it being my 2nd income.